Quagmirę

You can buy Savini Jason for 5.99$ on PSN

1 minute ago, Skynyrd said:

Honestly at least for me, it's not even about how many people have the skin. It's about it being exclusive to backers for believing in the game. Did the ones that bought it today not know about the skin, did they not think they would like it? It's the same price as it was when it was a backerkit item.

Which was only a few months ago. I know a lot of people only just realized this game existed or weren't aware there was a deadline on the backer. Either way as you pointed outthey already could have bought it in March for $6. What's a few months later? It was only live for an hour. 

Just now, Bulldawg2010 said:

Does people having a Jason skin really effect you in any way? Really?

Like with every problem going on in your life right now, this is in the top 3?

Look I can see both sides of the fence, really can. I didn't back the game, and I play on Xbox. My brother did though, so if I really wanted to I could just get on his account and download the skin without backing the game.

like I said I can see why people would be upset, but the majority of the people in here crying over this sound like "wah, my skin that was exclusive isn't exclusive anymore, it should be for me only me, everyone who didn't back the game are beneath me"

Watch out with that sharp logic buddy, NothingFace will stomp in and cry about how you're telling people to STFU and be a condescending ass. 

Seriously though this is a great post. 

2 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I didn't buy, but the principle is what has me thinking. If you buy an item from a store, can the manager follow you home, give you back your money, and take the item against your will? Because this is the same thing. That's why this subject interests me so much. If Sony can do that, nothing on my PSN account is safe. 

This is common sense business. Once currency  and product is exchanged, the product belongs to the purchaser. If the platform holder CAN refund your money and take your now-legally owned property without your permission, that means nothing on your account belongs to you, even though you paid real-world currency to purchase that product.?I don't see how that wouldn't lead to severe legal ramifications. 

Video games are a different story. Most days you have to agree to a TOS when you log into a video game. Basically tells you that even though you paid money for it, you don't own the game the devs do. So they can literally do whatever they want.

Don't think that this game had a TOS agreement when first playing though. Might have and I can't remember it.

5 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Does people having a Jason skin really effect you in any way? Really?

Like with every problem going on in your life right now, this is in the top 3?

Look I can see both sides of the fence, really can. I didn't back the game, and I play on Xbox. My brother did though, so if I really wanted to I could just get on his account and download the skin without backing the game.

like I said I can see why people would be upset, but the majority of the people in here crying over this sound like "wah, my skin that was exclusive isn't exclusive anymore, it should be for me only me, everyone who didn't back the game are beneath me"

That was my point exactly 10 percent of the PS4 Friday the 13th player base probably got it from a mistake, it was a mistake.  I got one I paid for it, I'd like to keep it since I jumped and bought it (leaving in the middle of a heated game) the moment it did since I missed my opportunity by not knowing about it originally. Instead people want that 10 percent to suffer because I don't feel special anymore.  That's what elitist culture is. 

Edited by somakurusu
Added more
  • Like 1

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I didn't say everyone or at least didn't mean everyone but your one that missed out on the skin? 

Yeah I did. I wanted to back the game badly but unfortunately circumstance didn't permit it. I'd gladly have shelled out the $6 for the skin in March. I've been watching a ton of the beta gameplay and updates from Youtube, somehow this slipped by. I'm sorry that I'm such a horrible bastard for defending the desire to keep the skin myself and many other purchased with the precious commodity known as money. Unfortunately I can't drop cash on the big things in life right now, so why can't I have the little ones? 

No one answered my question can Sony actually delete today's downloaded skins? 

If so, why are people ^ saying it's not exclusive anymore when it will be?

1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I don't think anyone knows. 

I really don't want to be talked about as an elitist. If you get something and i miss out on it then that just sucks for me, doesn't mean I don't want it, but I understand that I missed out on it.  If that makes me an elitist then I guess we have different views, but I'm honestly not trying to be pissy about it, it's just how I think things like this should work. If my point wasn't valid then the devs wouldn't be doing work trying to fix the mistake.

24 minutes ago, somakurusu said:

It's going to be allot of work and, and once refunded a patch will have to be made to differentiate the backers and the ones who paid on PSN.  It's not an easy fix. Konami tried to get PT removed from people who downloaded it.  It didn't happen. 

I had the Stick of Truth taken back when the Fractured but Whole was first delayed. So its anybody's guess, but I think it doesn't get taken away

Probably a real easy solution here.  An official poll from Gun asking their customers what they think about making the skin public now.  It would have to include all platforms of course.  I think the scale would tip heavily in favor of public at this point.  Once again, use the money for better stuff.  More servers being one, more maps, more whatever.  Anything to further support it.  You can't sell something then take it back.  It was out there for the public, some seized the opportunity.    Good for them.   Time to make it public and move on.  Said it once, will say it again, I'd be happy as a backer to get a nice set of perks since every single one i roll is poor.  

25 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I'm a backer too and that made no sense @Manny1985 lol we backed the game and get rewarded for doing so! 

I'm you got nothing.  Kickstater is a lot like a donation.  You give money to charity hoping to make difference.  You don't get that money back. A better formula would of been getting a percentage of the proceeds comparable to amount invested.  Don't cry because no one can identify you as a backer.

1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

No one knows if Sony can do it or not.

Im sure someone is researching the legal aspects of it right now, but I can't say for certain if they can legally go in and remove something someone downloaded, even if refunding the money.

Like I said earlier, video games and TOS's are a pain. Most devs feel like you don't own the game that you buy, your just playing it. They own it.

But then you also have Sony's TOS to deal with as well.

29 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I'd give u a like but im out.  Agree.  I am a little salty about the screw up.  I truly do believe this was sony.  It was very disappointing to see how many lobbies had the skin.  But, like i said.  If gun uses it to bring more stuff to the game.....do it.  

Yeah, however this plays out, I'll accept it and play on. I feel bad for the people at Gun Media. Of all the things for Sony to do... it's just nuts. 

I never really mind about exclusive stuff, but I know others hold it as important - including Gun Media. They were completely adamant about how important it was to them to keep it as an exclusive skin.

Personally, the only reason I like this skin to remain exclusive is just because it's rather different and not a movie Jason, so I'd rather it be rare.

Really though, even that is not a big deal - just blabbing now. :D 

Just hate to see another bump in the road for a group of people that had such great vision and worked to accomplish such an awesome game.

5 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Don't think that this game had a TOS agreement when first playing though. Might have and I can't remember it.

I see your point, but if that were the case, the ToS would have to be in place before all this happened, and this subject matter would need to be listed in the ToS. They could limit my service while on their game, but I'm still skeptical that Sony can come into your account and take something you purchased without legal recourse. And add to it, once social media catches wind of it, it becomes a PR disaster no one wants to see, especially knowing some people bought it without knowing it wasn't supposed to be for sale. 

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I'm you got nothing.  Kickstater is a lot like a donation.  You give money to charity hoping to make difference.  You don't get that money back. A better formula would of been getting a percentage of the proceeds comparable to amount invested.  Don't cry because no one can identify you as a backer.

What are you talking about lol each pledge got rewards such as names on tombstones signed physical copies and so on so we did get rewarded for donations!

Just now, JackTV said:

I see your point, but if that were the case, the ToS would have to be in place before all this happened, and this subject matter would need to be listed in the ToS. They could limit my service while on their game, but I'm still skeptical that Sony can come into your account and take something you purchased without legal recourse. And add to it, once social media catches wind of it, it becomes a PR disaster no one wants to see, especially knowing some people bought it without knowing it wasn't supposed to be for sale. 

Yes I should have specified that originally.

Somewhere in the TOS there would have to be a clause that if this happened they could remove it BEFORE any of this happened.

But they could also update their TOS to include this, and make the game where it's only playable after you agree to the updated TOS. That's something that bungie does with destiny.

But thinking logically, they probably will do nothing about this bc all it does is serve a very small percentage of people that supported the game. As opposed to the potential thousands of people that downloaded the skin.

2 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Yeah, however this plays out, I'll accept it and play on. I feel bad for the people at Gun Media. Of all the things for Sony to do... it's just nuts. 

I never really mind about exclusive stuff, but I know others hold it as important - including Gun Media. They were completely adamant about how important it was to them to keep it as an exclusive skin.

Personally, the only reason I like this skin to remain exclusive is just because it's rather different and not a movie Jason, so I'd rather it be rare.

Really though, even that is not a big deal - just blabbing now. :D 

Just hate to see another bump in the road for a group of people that had such great vision and worked to accomplish such an awesome game.

This is my first venture into multiplayer games.  I will say that the game is great still.  I don't like seeing a whole lobby full of exclusives, but hey....life goes on.  I've had time to wash away some of the salt.  I'm positive this will be a whiskey night for gun.  Not due to their fault, because i do believe they did want this to stay exclusive. Well, it isn't anymore.  Now time to make money from it and bring more years of fun to come. 

8 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

It feels just like the old days to me. FRIDAY THE 13TH always has been the property that gets no respect. Paramount was ashamed of it, New Line seemed to just kind of tolerate it (probably due to all the previously missed merchandising opportunities that doing so allowed them to take advantage of), the MPAA had it in for it... Even FANGORIA, who slapped Jason on cover after cover, basically just dissed the series every time they covered it.

Doesn't surprise me at all that the game version is being treated like this by Sony and Microsoft. It just feels like a long held tradition of disrespect / embarrassment towards the franchise.

...Or heck, maybe a franchise that calls itself "Friday the 13th" is just destined to be unlucky.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, somakurusu said:

It's going to be allot of work and, and once refunded a patch will have to be made to differentiate the backers and the ones who paid on PSN.  It's not an easy fix. Konami tried to get PT removed from people who downloaded it.  It didn't happen. 

I don't know if it will happen or not, but I'm hoping it does.

I am getting the feeling that they don't really take small game companies seriously, or that there are some serious communication problems going on.

1 minute ago, Plox said:

I am getting the feeling that they don't really take small game companies seriously, or that there are some serious communication problems going on.

Well its kinda late right now, you might wanna wait till morning. Im pretty sure they're gonna refund it, makes the most people happy atleast.

45 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Once currency  and product is exchanged, the product belongs to the purchaser.

That's not how it works in the modern age of digital rights. You see, in this day and age, you don't technically "own" your digital content. What you actually have is a license to use said digital product with an indefinite end date on the contract. Note that the end date of said contract is indefinite, not infinite. It is not defined, but it can end. The license holders of these digital products withhold the right to take away your digital product because you are essentially renting it with no obligation to return it to the video store.

Some of you are clearly millennial liberals.

"Oh just forget it... it will bring more money to the game etc.."

Really? What is right is right. The skin should be exclusive to backers. The young kids shouldn't have a chance to play as this skin. They didn't back the game.

The liberal thinking has to stop. Right is right. I wanted an exclusive skin since I'm a big fan... I got it, and all the kids out of school today should jump on the wagon and get it.

It just isn't right. Period. Say what you want... but I'm

r i g h t

• Like 1

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's not how it works in the modern age of digital rights. You see, in this day and age, you don't technically "own" your digital content. What you actually have is a license to use said digital product with an indefinite end date on the contract. Note that the end date of said contract is indefinite, not infinite. The license holders of these digital products withhold the right to take away your digital product because you are essentially renting it with no obligation to return it to the video store.

Yep correct. You dont own a product unless you buy a physical Version of it. You own the License of the Product. 

3 minutes ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Some of you are clearly millennial liberals.

"Oh just forget it... it will bring more money to the game etc.."

Really? What is right is right. The skin should be exclusive to backers. The young kids shouldn't have a chance to play as this skin. They didn't back the game.

The liberal thinking has to stop. Right is right. I wanted an exclusive skin since I'm a big fan... I got it, and all the kids out of school today should jump on the wagon and get it.

It just isn't right. Period. Say what you want... but I'm

r i g h t

It's really bizarre to me when people try to inject politics or insult political opponents over completely unrelated things. There's got to be some kind of underlying insecurity in a person, or just a real ideological obsession, to try to bring politics into something like this. Pretty hilarious. Don't you have better criticisms of actual viewpoints that make it so you don't have to pretend someone's opinion of how a video game's dlc is handled is indicative of their political allegiances? Weird.

• Like 3