Jump to content
Quagmirę

You can buy Savini Jason for 5.99$ on PSN

Recommended Posts

Just now, IronKnight55 said:

No way! Hopefully they are able to issue refunds to the people that bought it today.

As some have said, i really doubt they will do that.  It would be a PR nightmare.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

As some have said, i really doubt they will do that.  It would be a PR nightmare.  

I have no idea if they will do it or not, but I'm honestly hoping they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronKnight55 said:

No way! Hopefully they are able to issue refunds to the people that bought it today.

It's going to be allot of work and, and once refunded a patch will have to be made to differentiate the backers and the ones who paid on PSN.  It's not an easy fix. Konami tried to get PT removed from people who downloaded it.  It didn't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nomadder said:

I got the Savini Skin for pc as a backer. I'm not upset/insulted by this. I am, however, really bummed FOR Gun Media for being given this harsh blow by Sony. That's a major F up, and I fully believe Gun Media is not to blame. It carries ZERO negativity from me to the game or the development team, and it shouldn't from anyone else at all, but I know it will - which is what really pisses me off. Someone somewhere at Sony just screwed them with this, at a time when they're already dealing with enormous issues in getting things launched and running better.

Great game. Great developers. Great team. People don't know what it truly takes to accomplish this sort of stuff, but this game is on a vastly larger scale than the size and scope of the teams behind it. Celebrate them! Do not hold it against them. 

I bought this game for the long haul and I'll be here, having fun!!

 

I'd give u a like but im out.  Agree.  I am a little salty about the screw up.  I truly do believe this was sony.  It was very disappointing to see how many lobbies had the skin.  But, like i said.  If gun uses it to bring more stuff to the game.....do it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, somakurusu said:

It's going to be allot of work and, and once refunded a patch will have to be made to differentiate the backers and the ones who paid on PSN.  It's not an easy fix. Konami tried to get PT removed from people who downloaded it.  It didn't happen. 

I think an easy fix would be to just resend keys to backers and transform every Tom Savini skin in circulation to a standard Jason with pitchfork. This would piss off people who bought keys illegitimately but also possibly add more into circulation making re-sellers even more money, there's no real easy solution here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

LOL why do you think backing the game gives you some sort of special privilege. I have also been following the game since it's announcement and picked a strategic time to pre order it. I pre ordered it for $30 a few days before they increased it to $40.

I'm a backer too and that made no sense @Manny1985 lol we backed the game and get rewarded for doing so! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Sony delete all the downloaded skins bought today? Is that even possible? 

I hope so if not and I come across a lobby with kids that admitted they bought it from the store and still have it I'm gonna quit every session!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like there is no easy fix for this. No matter what decision is made, someone will be unhappy. If you pull the skin from non-backers and refund their money, the non-backers will be unhappy. If you let it stand and everyone can buy the skin, the backers will be unhappy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish that they just made a normal Jason with a pitchfork and gave it to everyone, but then allowed backers to add a "hell" effect to all the Jason's that transformed them into demons like the Savini Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Can Sony delete all the downloaded skins bought today? Is that even possible? 

I hope so if not and I come across a lobby with kids that admitted they bought it from the store and still have it I'm gonna quit every session!

You're a grown man, I'm a grown man. If you leave a lobby because I bought a skin that I'll be alternating between a lot with all of the others then you're being ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the best solution is to go back to playing the game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason Lives said:

I think the best solution is to back to playing the game. 

Not with the perk snatchers running around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun is in a no win situation and it sucks because Sony fucked up. I honestly hope that this doesn't go down to negatively because they are honestly working hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honesty just kinda sad how Elitest people get over this shit.  I have a collection of Rare nes games but I left Nintendo Age because those idiots don't want anyone else to have what they have, even getting me to show proof and boards of all the games that hurt their pride.  It's just asinine. People here are mad because now they cannot show of the 6 dollar skin they bought months prior and make them feel like they are better than everyone else in that room.  Who cares? I just thought he looked cool and bought him.  I liked his music.  

Edited by somakurusu
Added more
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Handmaid Warrior said:

You're a grown man, I'm a grown man. If you leave a lobby because I bought a skin that I'll be alternating between a lot with all of the others then you're being ridiculous. 

I am a grown man that put my heart and 2 plus years into following this game like s lot of people and donated day one $500 and because of Sony screwing up now these kids out there that had none of the above including passion or care get it for $6? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, somakurusu said:

I'm honesty just kinda sad how Elitest people get over this shit.  I have a collection of Rare nes games but I left Nintendo Age because those idiots don't want anyone else to have what they have, even getting me to show proof and boards of all the games that hurt their pride.  It's just asinine. 

That's what I'm saying. It's not like every single PS4 owner was given a free skin, it did cost money for us. I'm a guy who finds most skins and similar DLC to be frivolous and not worth buying, so purchasing it was a sign that I want give the game my all before giving up on it. I didn't shell out $6 and some change to enrage elitists. I've got several games in mind that money could go towards.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I am a grown man that put my heart and 2 plus years into following this game like s lot of people and donated day one $500 and because of Sony screwing up now these kids out there that had none of the above including passion or care get it for $6? 

They were selling it for $6 all the way up to March 2017 on their backerkit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly at least for me, it's not even about how many people have the skin. It's about it being exclusive to backers for believing in the game. Did the ones that bought it today not know about the skin, did they not think they would like it? It's the same price as it was when it was a backerkit item.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I am a grown man that put my heart and 2 plus years into following this game like s lot of people and donated day one $500 and because of Sony screwing up now these kids out there that had none of the above including passion or care get it for $6? 

Oh okay, so because I wasn't able to shell out $500 for this game I'm a kid who doesn't care? I'm a fanatic for the Friday the 13th franchise and all things horror. The 80s slashers were a golden age to me, basically their own era along with Hammer and Universal's classic monster movies. I've defended the films from pretentious Roger Ebert esque critics who dismiss them as worthless trash and group us all in with people who jerk off to the thought of mass murder. And I have no passion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't buy, but the principle is what has me thinking. If you buy an item from a store, can the manager follow you home, give you back your money, and take the item against your will? Because this is the same thing. That's why this subject interests me so much. If Sony can do that, nothing on my PSN account is safe. 

This is common sense business. Once currency  and product is exchanged, the product belongs to the purchaser. If the platform holder CAN refund your money and take your now-legally owned property without your permission, that means nothing on your account belongs to you, even though you paid real-world currency to purchase that product.?I don't see how that wouldn't lead to severe legal ramifications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

They were selling it for $6 all the way up to March 2017 on their backerkit.

I still don't know how this flew under the radar for me. I'd have grabbed it then and there otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason Lives said:

They were selling it for $6 all the way up to March 2017 on their backerkit.

I know that it has always been $6 I'm just saying I got it for donating as a backer but I was just saying we all backed a game and got an exclusive for a reason!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I am a grown man that put my heart and 2 plus years into following this game like s lot of people and donated day one $500 and because of Sony screwing up now these kids out there that had none of the above including passion or care get it for $6? 

Does people having a Jason skin really effect you in any way? Really?

Like with every problem going on in your life right now, this is in the top 3?

Look I can see both sides of the fence, really can. I didn't back the game, and I play on Xbox. My brother did though, so if I really wanted to I could just get on his account and download the skin without backing the game.

like I said I can see why people would be upset, but the majority of the people in here crying over this sound like "wah, my skin that was exclusive isn't exclusive anymore, it should be for me only me, everyone who didn't back the game are beneath me"

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Handmaid Warrior said:

Oh okay, so because I wasn't able to shell out $500 for this game I'm a kid who doesn't care? I'm a fanatic for the Friday the 13th franchise and all things horror. The 80s slashers were a golden age to me, basically their own era along with Hammer and Universal's classic monster movies. I've defended the films from pretentious Roger Ebert esque critics who dismiss them as worthless trash and group us all in with people who jerk off to the thought of mass murder. And I have no passion? 

I didn't say everyone or at least didn't mean everyone but your one that missed out on the skin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...