Quagmirę

You can buy Savini Jason for 5.99$ on PSN

The way I see it, I paid $20 last year for a virtual cabin that's worthless now, with very little content. I backed with that. So your saying because I didn't spend my backer money, and less money at that, for a skin at a certain time I'm shut outta luck? 

Damn right I saw it on the store and bought it since I didn't even know about it in March due to no Internet for two months.

1 minute ago, Nothingface said:

This is a case of Sony once again fucking over there own player base. Best case scenario is they issue refunds and remove the skin, no harm no foul. But with Sonys track record that's super unlikely. Pretty shitty of Sony over all... but honestly its what I have come to expect.

I still wonder if that can even be done. Given the circumstances, it's fair enough, I'm just wondering what kind of legal issues could arise for Sony for going into individual accounts and removing an item that was purchased without consent. Even with a refund, there is a portion of people who bought it that didn't know it wasn't supposed to be for sale. If Sony can legally do that, I'm not sure how I feel about digital downloading. In this case, there's nothing unfair, but then Sony, if they wanted, could take content from players of ANY game at will. 

I just want to say to Gun Media and Illfonic, I am NOT upset at this screw up. It's not your fault and I'm not going to concoct conspiracy theories against you all. I don't think anyone is entitled to "compensation" for this. However if you do provide compensation,  I have some map ideas for you. ;)

2 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I still wonder if that can even be done. Given the circumstances, it's fair enough, I'm just wondering what kind of legal issues could arise for Sony for going into individual accounts and removing an item that was purchased without consent. Even with a refund, there is a portion of people who bought it that didn't know it wasn't supposed to be for sale. If Sony can legally do that, I'm not sure how I feel about digital downloading. In this case, there's nothing unfair, but then Sony, if they wanted, could take content from players of ANY game at will. 

There is no chance Sony is going through any of that. It's already a dead issue to Sony at this point.

1 minute ago, Plaid_unicorn said:

There is no chance Sony is going through any of that. It's already a dead issue to Sony at this point.

It'd be career suicide for Gun Media if they did. I've gone to bat for this game quite a bit, seeing as I love flawed gems that have a lot to offer, but if they really went through all that trouble to placate the whiners I'd no longer be able to defend them. I'm already skeptical about the longevity of this game, alienating a large group of customers would only make things worse. 

3 minutes ago, Plaid_unicorn said:

That's pretty much how I look at it. 

1 minute ago, Nothingface said:

When you say things like...

Your actively engaging in the very thing you were previously condemning. Instead of taking part in a civil conversation about WHY you think they should get to keep it and listing benefits your simply trying to tell anyone with an opposing view to shut up and accept things as is. Your now the one doing the autistic shrieking while ignoring the other sides stake in the matter.

Your not taking part in a conversation, your trying to censor it. Your acting like this issue only has one right answer, YOUR answer. And that anyone else should STFU. Well I have unfortunate news buddy. Your not god, not even close. So don't try and act above the frey by acting like you somehow obtained some higher victory, and that any further action in correcting this error is a waste of time.

Because thats what this effectively is, an error. And as such it should honestly be addressed and corrected.

As for me being some kind of neutral party... I play on Steam buddy, far away from the shitboxes that are consoles. So I'm about as neutral as it gets. What ever happens doesn't confront me any. I just don't like hypocrites who tell others to shut it while they themselves try and make some half assed argument.

Censoring? Autistic shrieking? Holy shit you are absolutely fucking retarded. You're so full of shit that your eyes are brown dude. You said it yourself, an error that should be addressed and corrected. You have your side, I have mine. You're just being a pseudo intellectual who acts like he's giving some morally superior counter point. And I haven't once silenced anyone or told them to shut up, I've simply pointed out that the people bitching about this are incredibly petty. 

And ahh, I'm glad you're on PC, it's where elitist scum like you belong. Now I'm just waiting for you to go cry to the mods. 

6 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Because thats what this effectively is, an error. And as such it should honestly be addressed and corrected.

I don't think removing it from the store was the way to correct it. Once even one person was able to buy it, I think that move should've been out the window. All removing it did is get others who wanted to buy it now feel like they should have that same opportunity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Handmaid Warrior said:

Censoring? Autistic shrieking? Holy shit you are absolutely fucking retarded. You're so full of shit that your eyes are brown dude. You said it yourself, an error that should be addressed and corrected. You have your side, I have mine. You're just being a pseudo intellectual who acts like he's giving some morally superior counter point. And I haven't once silenced anyone or told them to shut up, I've simply pointed out that the people bitching about this are incredibly petty. 

And ahh, I'm glad you're on PC, it's where elitist scum like you belong. Now I'm just waiting for you to go cry to the mods. 

He won't have to - I cried to the mods for him.

Please do try and speak to people like an adult, your current look is doing you no favors. I'd suggest re-reading some of your posts and re-evaluating the way you are acting.

Just now, JackTV said:

I don't think removing it from the store was the way to correct it. Once even one person was able to buy it, I think that move should've been out the window. All removing it did is get others who wanted to buy it now feel like they should have that same opportunity. 

Us peasants should watch our tone around the chosen neckbeard race.

Just now, RKSDooM said:

Please do try and grow up and speak to people like an adult, your current look is doing you no favors.

Ooh, so scary. I like this forum okay, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You're just making a case against yourself for censorship. 

3 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Please do try and grow up and speak to people like an adult, your current look is doing you no favors.

Its fine, unlike this ...gentlemen, I can stand to have my ideas challenged without having to tell the other side to shut up.

8 minutes ago, Handmaid Warrior said:

Your right, I totally belong on PC. And you totally belong on the console that fucks up simple things like release dates, preorders and exclusive DLC. Funny... I guess things work themselves out after all.

1 hour ago, Brumy23 said:

The tweet was real, both of them, it was from the official F13th twitter. They have definitely deleted it, what a mess!

It was a real tweet. I deleted them to ensure that we were 100% clear on the refunds. Still waiting for confirmation. 

• Like 6

Just now, Handmaid Warrior said:

Ooh, so scary. I like this forum okay, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You're just making a case against yourself for censorship. 

Alrighty then, if this is the way you want to continue to present yourself I'll just shake my head sadly in your direction.

*shakes head sadly*

Just now, GunMedia_Ben said:

It was a real tweet. I deleted them to ensure that we were 100% clear on the refunds. Still waiting for confirmation. 

Can I get a refund for my game too? I'd rather play God of War 3 or something. 

Just now, RKSDooM said:

Alrighty then, if this is the way you want to continue to present yourself I'll just shake my head sadly in your direction.

*shakes head sadly*

Oh god I'm so torn up over what you think of me. :D

Oh god I'm so torn up over what you think of me. :D

I never imagined you would be, I just hoped you had the capacity to recognize the way you were coming across to people.

3 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Thank you for confirming. Glad you guys are really living up to keeping it an exclusive.

• Like 1

Just now, RKSDooM said:

I never imagined you would be, I just hoped you had the capacity to recognize the way you were coming across to people.

Again, zero fucks given. People who matter know me, I couldn't care less about the thoughts of you or your buddy. 

Again, zero fucks given. People who matter know me, I couldn't care less about the thoughts of you or your buddy. 

Cool beans. I appreciate the head's up on your character. 

Get ready for patch 1.05. 

Fixes:keeping Savini Jason exclusive to the backers who believed in this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattGarcia said:

It'll only take a week or so. :D

Not to be that person but where are the mods or admins? This thread has really gotten out of hand. The amount of personal attacks being waged on people who want Savini Jason to stay exclusive are getting really ridiculous and most of the insults are extremely childish and counterproductive.

Aight....take it to PMs with the jabs, guys....the emails from reports are staggering. :/ 

Just now, karmakaze said:

Not be that person but where are the mods or admins? This thread has really gotten out of hand. The amount of personal attacks being waged on people who want Savini Jason to stay exclusive are getting really ridiculous and most of the insults are extremely childish and counterproductive.

Not to mention the attacks on people who want to keep their skins....but that'd portray us in a light other than negative right? 

4 minutes ago, MattGarcia said:

The problem with that is, they'd have to be able to issue refunds. I think it's completely in Sonys hands, however incapable. Not to mention, this is nowhere as important to Sony as it is to the Devs or backers/nonbackers.