Quagmirę

You can buy Savini Jason for 5.99$ on PSN

Just now, Muffinsfressnapf said:

Tweet from who? Sony? And why should an official Tweet be deleted?

I imagine it was because Sony hasn't refunded anyone yet.

Why aren't the mods cleaning this shit up? A lot of these folks are past debating with real points and just griefing.

Obviously it has to come down from the store. It would have to be released to all platforms if it stayed up. It's an "exclusive" and while I know some people don't care or fully understand what that is- that's what it is and was sold as such. Gun's word/credibility would be damaged infinitely. I imagine there must be some legalities to it as well. It would be false advertising, etc.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

A supposed deleted tweet said that Sony will be issuing refunds.

I feel like this is fake news. Sony is not releasing a tweet about forcibly removing an item and issuing refunds for such a small game.

they've made similar mistakes with bigger games and never even aknowledged it lol.

ill check later on tonight to see if mine is still there.

Just now, Plaid_unicorn said:

I feel like this is fake news. Sony is not releasing a tweet about forcibly removing an item and issuing refunds for such a small game.

they've made similar mistakes with bigger games and never even aknowledged it lol.

I found it on reddit so for all I know it could be a photoshop job

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Why aren't the mods cleaning this shit up? A lot of these folks are past debating with real points and just griefing.

Obviously it has to come down from the store. It would have to be released to all platforms if it stayed up. It's an "exclusive" and while I know some people don't care or fully understand what that is- that's what it is and was sold as such. Gun's word/credibility would be damaged infinitely. I imagine there must be some legalities to it as well. It would be false advertising, etc.

Rise of the Tomb Raider was sold as exclusive to Xbox One and was then sold to PS4 users a year later as a 20 Anniversary Edition.

Most exclusives are eventually released again. It's how the world of gaming works. I personally think we're better off worrying about new DLC.

5 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

I imagine it was because Sony hasn't refunded anyone yet.

This is probably Fake. They're answering the Person while there is no "Replying to ..." Being shown. Like it is with the 1. and last Guy. I've seen Skilled Apples Tweet 2 Mins after it was posted and didnt see any of this. I doubt it. If you check out Skilled Apples Twitter you also see the Tweet with no Answers.

The tweet was real, both of them, it was from the official F13th twitter. They have definitely deleted it, what a mess!

If it had merit they wouldn't have deleted it. I'm sure they requested Sony to refund and now are probably waiting for a response from Sony.

a whole game was released early on US psn and nothing happened like a month ago.

49 minutes ago, shwag said:

nope they should give the clothing pack for free to everyone since the games will still be fun like j pops said 

You're still here? I thought you wanted a refund?

7 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

Timed exclusives are the most common. Gun's best play is to keep it off the store until next June and then sell it. It'll give intensive to keep playing if you don't have it.

It wouldn't matter to me, but I was talking about it in the sense that it would keep Gun out of some trouble with players. Cosmetic things aren't as big a deal as a character model with "stats"; that's the slippery slope to deal with, as this particular Jason model will appeal to the play style of a certain individual. But because he doesn't have access while someone else does, it'll disrupt gameplay balance in the eyes of some. That will haunt Gun more than it will Sony.

As for taking the purchase away from someone who just bought it, I'm not sure they can. When Konami canceled P.T., they wanted the demo gone from previously downloaded systems. But the most Sony did was remove it from the store. I still have my copy of P.T., though I wouldn't be able to download it again if I deleted it. I'm not sure if Sony can actually invade your account and remove a purchased item. Sounds like there is major legal recourse that would go along with that. 

• Like 2

This is quite a dilemma. A lot of anger, blame and resentment. Let's break it down,

Backers - You were shafted quite a bit. I understand your discontent about the matter. There's no logic in pointing fingers and placing blame. What's done is done. Let's agree on that. The best way to compensate the backers would be for a new piece of backer-exclusive content to be made. This won't happen for a while as there are still more important issues to resolve (making the game run better, patching bugs, etc.) The money made from the accidental sale of the Savini Jason could go towards a new piece of backer-exclusive content.

Non-Backers - You got a piece of good fortune. You paid $6 for a piece of content you weren't supposed to have. Now you have it. Enjoy, and be thankful for it.

Gun Media - You are catching a lot of heat for a lot of things that have happened. I feel for you guys. You are few in number, but have done great things with your project. I know you will continue to amaze the masses with the future updates you have in store for all of us. Sure, there may be the occasional bump in the road, but what project is 100% perfect? Keep doing what you're doing.

Sony - There was a little mishap on the PS Store. Accidents do happen. I'm sure you will be more careful in the future. Every company in the world has a mistake at some point. It happens, you clean up the mistake, and move forward. It's all about progress.

Everyone - If there are still hard feelings between any given people, settle it in the game. I mean, you can kill players in a number of ways, and you'll feel a lot better afterwards.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider was sold as exclusive to Xbox One and was then sold to PS4 users a year later as a 20 Anniversary Edition.

Most exclusives are eventually released again. It's how the world of gaming works. I personally think we're better off worrying about new DLC.

I get what you're saying about exclusives and I've said in the past I'd be fine with it being up for sale in a year. That said, the skin technically has never been an exclusive on PS4 because the day they finally allow PS4 users to download it is also the day it got put up for general sale. Like I said, it obviously has to come down.

I'm not too worried about future DLC, as a PS4 player I don't even have my "past" DLC fully- still waiting on the Clothing Pack and the Savini model was just made possible to download today.

21 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Doubtful. The mistake is on Sony's part, so Gun wouldn't get smacked with false advertising. Sony wasn't a part of that offer; that's between Gun and the customer. 

I do agree with you though that this hurts Gun. It's a shame. This one isn't their fault. 

8 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Doubtful. The mistake is on Sony's part, so Gun wouldn't get smacked with false advertising. Sony wasn't a part of that offer; that's between Gun and the customer. 

I do agree with you though that this hurts Gun. It's a shame. This one isn't their fault. 

Yep, that's pretty much what I'm saying. If this is Sony's fault there's no recourse there but Gun has to take the position of it being an exclusive and do what they can to remove it because they sold it as such. They don't really have a choice because they made their choice a while back.

I love how certain members are shrieking, referring to those who got the skin as trolls, and being nasty in general, all because a lucky group of people got to play with their exclusive little toy. I'm gonna give some solid advice and say get the fuck over it. Gun Media wasn't there when we wanted a refund for a broken game, and if they were foolish enough to go to the trouble of placating the man children it'd really show how shit their priorities are. After all of the controversies in the gaming world I doubt they need that. 

I personally am not pissed off about people getting the exclusive skin.

I'm pissed off that I got sent a Steam code instead of a PS4 code, and Gun Media won't do anything about it. Then, a whole bunch of random ass people were able to buy it, and none of those people were me. I would have paid another $6 for it. It's not the money that bothers me; it's the principle (and also the lack of having the damn skin I paid for).

1 minute ago, Handmaid Warrior said:

I love how certain members are shrieking, referring to those who got the skin as trolls, and being nasty in general, all because a lucky group of people got to play with their exclusive little toy. I'm gonna give some solid advice and say get the fuck over it. Gun Media wasn't there when we wanted a refund for a broken game, and if they were foolish enough to go to the trouble of placating the man children it'd really show how shit their priorities are. After all of the controversies in the gaming world I doubt they need that. 

So basically what your saying is... nothing? All this post amounts too is the same shrieking stupidity your trying to condemn. Your post is no different than the 10,000 other posts bitching one way or another on the issue... don't try and act above an argument when your pretty obviously dedicated to a side. It makes you look hypocritical.

16 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yep, that's pretty much what I'm saying. If this is Sony's fault there's no recourse there but Gun has to take the position of it being an exclusive and do what they can to remove it because they sold it as such. They don't really have a choice because they made their choice a while back.

Honestly the only folks this hurts is PS4 Backers. It does nothing too steam or Xbox exclusivity and just screws over PS4 supporters and that's pretty lame.

This is a case of Sony once again fucking over there own player base. Best case scenario is they issue refunds and remove the skin, no harm no foul. But with Sonys track record that's super unlikely. Pretty shitty of Sony over all... but honestly its what I have come to expect.

• Like 2

Just played a lobby with full on savini jason.  Awesome.  J3 will now be the go to til j8 is unlocked.  

4 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

So basically what your saying is... nothing? All this post amounts too is the same shrieking stupidity your trying to condemn. Your post is no different than the 10,000 other posts bitching one way or another on the issue... don't try and act above an argument when your pretty obviously dedicated to a side. It makes you look hypocritical.

Honestly the only folks this hurts is PS4 Backers. It does nothing too steam or Xbox exclusivity and just screws over PS4 supporters and that's pretty lame.

This is a case of Sony once again fucking over there own player base. Best case scenario is they issue refunds and remove the skin, no harm no foul. But with Sonys track record that's super unlikely. Pretty shitty of Sony over all... but honestly its what I have come to expect.

How is that nothing you tool? I haven't once acted impartial on the argument, I'm pro people keeping what they obtained. I can't tell if you're trying to be the piss poor excuse for neutrality or just another Gun Media brownnoser who thinks they're entitled to the game's development because they threw in some cash. Crowdfunding doesn't make you part of the process, you're like the rich kid who has his dad buy his brilliant classmates a bunch of equipment and then tries to slap his name on it. For shame. :D

Just played with the savini skin a dozen times.  His stats are ok.  I still prefer sack head jason.