Jump to content
GunMedia_Ben

UPDATE JUNE 6, 2017 - PS4 Patch has arrived! Update on Xbox One

Recommended Posts

Man I got into matches in seconds! You guys should try to change the spawn points for Tommy Jarvis in the next update. They're either giving me free escapes or putting me close to Jason.

Also, I saw Part 3 Jason with a machete. How is that possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... once again, when's the DLC going to work? Another couple of months? This is getting beyond frustrating, especially since you lied in this update and said it would be today at the latest.

Please give us an HONEST answer this time. When is the DLC going to work? Don't lie to us again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well It's officially past the two day deadline, honestly starting to get beyond frustrated. I love the game but this is just ridiculous  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i hope xbox one gets the update patch i hat crashing as jason or not as jason or host lose connection in middle of a gameplay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is everyone else's counselor clothing DLC stil not working for them? Cuz mine is still inactive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2017 at 9:24 PM, cjk26md said:

I backed at the Steel Case level. I received my game code, yet- never received my PS4 theme, or any codes for a DLC. I checked all my emails, refreshed my Backerkit, restored licenses, deleted and re-redeemed my code... and contacted Gun, every way I could. Any ideas that could help, would be appreciated...Ty

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 6.21.25 PM.png

So I could be mistaken, but that looks like a backerkit screenshot and NOT a Kickstarter one. 

Backerkit was ala carte. To get the Savini Jason in the backerkit phase it was a SEPERATE purchase that would've been another 6$ and it doesn't look like you made said purchase. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, IamNoc said:

So I could be mistaken, but that looks like a backerkit screenshot and NOT a Kickstarter one. 

Backerkit was ala carte. To get the Savini Jason in the backerkit phase it was a SEPERATE purchase that would've been another 6$ and it doesn't look like you made said purchase. 

Thank you for responding... I originally visited the Kickstarter page, a lonnnnng time ago, to get the order in— through backerkit.. but then, i was told, since I backed the steel case edition... savini and other dlc’s like clothes, included with the edition I purchased...  what angers me the most: neither gun nor backerkit is responding to anything.. all the people asking the same question over and over, they get responses lol... in fact, my original order was for jus the PS4 game, and I had called and increased my backing... grrrr..

 

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no patch; Im guessing if they submitted it on Thursdays like they said then it has probably rejected. This feels like a robbery  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, urbt said:

Still no patch; Im guessing if they submitted it on Thursdays like they said then it has probably rejected. This feels like a robbery  

They said it'd be out either three or two days ago. Odds are the patch was rejected for whatever reason and Guns working on it again to correct shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it did t work, still crashing, still being kicked by the host server. All you guys did was make it so I can see Jason killing others after we've died. I'm sure you guys are working hard but we've supported you and this game since its conception and I don't know about the others but I'm starting to feel cheated! We spend upwards to 30 minutes waiting on a game just to join on and get booted after 5 minutes of game play. I'm sorry but you're going to have to work a bit harder and make it worth our while to support you. $150 down the drain for a game I've played a grand total of 53 minutes in a month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They said it'd be out either three or two days ago. Odds are the patch was rejected for whatever reason and Guns working on it again to correct shit. 

I just don't understand how people feel that this is an appropriate way to conduct business. Ill run sideways before I ever think of purchasing another title with Gun or Illfonic having a hand on it. You got the CM calling people assholes; no real updates other than a generic "we know it sucks and we are working on patching it" response. As a backer I am unfortunately stuck so I cant even threaten to get a refund because its a lie lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, urbt said:

I just don't understand how people feel that this is an appropriate way to conduct business. Ill run sideways before I ever think of purchasing another title with Gun or Illfonic having a hand on it.

Oh it's absolutely not. And I agree I am going to do the same in the future. 

 

8 minutes ago, urbt said:

You got the CM calling people assholes; no real updates other than a generic "we know it sucks and we are working on patching it" response. As a backer I am unfortunately stuck so I cant even threaten to get a refund because its a lie lol

CM? All their responses have been, for the most part, generic. I was more understanding around the official launch window, but xbox one was playing a much older version of the game for a week after launch. DLC for PS4 still wasn't active for a week and a half. And i believe the clothing pack still doesn't fuckin work. It's just been a horrendous launch.

I just wish Player Unknowns Battlegrounds came out for Xbox sooner. I need something addictive to play while this shit gets sorted out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Oh it's absolutely not. And I agree I am going to do the same in the future. 

 

CM? All their responses have been, for the most part, generic. I was more understanding around the official launch window, but xbox one was playing a much older version of the game for a week after launch. DLC for PS4 still wasn't active for a week and a half. And i believe the clothing pack still doesn't fuckin work. It's just been a horrendous launch.

I just wish Player Unknowns Battlegrounds came out for Xbox sooner. I need something addictive to play while this shit gets sorted out.

Not on twitter, on one the threads here Ben called someone an asshole and then banned them. While I don't disagree with his assessment I don't feel like that is an appropriate way to deal with people who are in essence supporting you.

Yea I am not even sure what to say anymore...If I dont say anything its like I am an okay with the way they are handling this launch. But if I say this ain't cool then I am "whining". Its an impossible situation for customers to be in

 

Yea that will be a great time that I am very much looking forward to. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, urbt said:

Not on twitter, on one the threads here Ben called someone an asshole and then banned them. While I don't disagree with his assessment I don't feel like that is an appropriate way to deal with people who are in essence supporting you.

Yea I am not even sure what to say anymore...If I dont say anything its like I am an okay with the way they are handling this launch. But if I say this ain't cool then I am "whining". Its an impossible situation for customers to be in

 

Yea that will be a great time that I am very much looking forward to. 

 

Ah I remember now. I do agree that he was kinda an asshole, but an employee of a company should not be calling their paying customer an asshole. Especially if it's over the internet and the ban hammer already struck.

I personally never considered complaints about the game to be whining. When we couldn't play on launch I tried explaining to people the circumstances and tried to help them understand what was happening and when it could be resolved.

Now I'm out of excuses for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Ah I remember now. I do agree that he was kinda an asshole, but an employee of a company should not be calling their paying customer an asshole. Especially if it's over the internet and the ban hammer already struck.

I personally never considered complaints about the game to be whining. When we couldn't play on launch I tried explaining to people the circumstances and tried to help them understand what was happening and when it could be resolved.

Now I'm out of excuses for them.

I completely agree. I added ur GT btw, ill be playing private matches today! And yes, there is NO reason Ben or any of them should be assholes and have their god complex thing they got goin on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CrowVizion said:

I completely agree. I added ur GT btw, ill be playing private matches today! And yes, there is NO reason Ben or any of them should be assholes and have their god complex thing they got goin on

This is the second time I am seeing you use the term god complex. Out of curiosity what has anyone done to you that would imply anyone has a god complex? Because information isn't said every couple of hours? Let me play devil's advocate here for a second. If I ever few hours said oh this is coming soon. At which point would you accuse me of just BSing or try to placate to avoid "backlash" there is also information that can not be shared immediately as certain processes and information are covered under an NDA and can not be shared with anyone outside of that. It's not an attempt at being shady or lying but no one is going to lose their job over someone who feels they should have up to the second information. That is not how that works. You are a paying customer sure, but do you expect up to the minute updates in any other aspect of your life? If you ordered food at a resturant do you want the waiter to keep coming to the table to tell you where the chefs are with cooking your order? Or do you wait until they have it ready to go? I'll also ask this because I know you are an Xbox player. When something is broken on the Xbox platform or core services are down so they tell you what they are doing at the moment? Chances are you are not getting acknowledged at all by Microsoft and they will be done when they are done. The best attempts are made to properly convey exactly what is going on when the information contained can be shared. I don't really see who has acted like they had a god complex towards you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JPops said:

This is the second time I am seeing you use the term god complex. Out of curiosity what has anyone done to you that would imply anyone has a god complex? Because information isn't said every couple of hours? Let me play devil's advocate here for a second. If I ever few hours said oh this is coming soon. At which point would you accuse me of just BSing or try to placate to avoid "backlash" there is also information that can not be shared immediately as certain processes and information are covered under an NDA and can not be shared with anyone outside of that. It's not an attempt at being shady or lying but no one is going to lose their job over someone who feels they should have up to the second information. That is not how that works. You are a paying customer sure, but do you expect up to the minute updates in any other aspect of your life? If you ordered food at a resturant do you want the waiter to keep coming to the table to tell you where the chefs are with cooking your order? Or do you wait until they have it ready to go? I'll also ask this because I know you are an Xbox player. When something is broken on the Xbox platform or core services are down so they tell you what they are doing at the moment? Chances are you are not getting acknowledged at all by Microsoft and they will be done when they are done. The best attempts are made to properly convey exactly what is going on when the information contained can be shared. I don't really see who has acted like they had a god complex towards you. 

I actually applaud you for taking the time to explain yourself. You are half right, but Im not gonna waste my time going back and forth. Cheers! Im going to play the game I bought from you guys (yes i love it and im having fun btw), and hopefully i can finish a match without being kicked to my home screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JPops said:

This is the second time I am seeing you use the term god complex. Out of curiosity what has anyone done to you that would imply anyone has a god complex? Because information isn't said every couple of hours? Let me play devil's advocate here for a second. If I ever few hours said oh this is coming soon. At which point would you accuse me of just BSing or try to placate to avoid "backlash" there is also information that can not be shared immediately as certain processes and information are covered under an NDA and can not be shared with anyone outside of that. It's not an attempt at being shady or lying but no one is going to lose their job over someone who feels they should have up to the second information. That is not how that works. You are a paying customer sure, but do you expect up to the minute updates in any other aspect of your life? If you ordered food at a resturant do you want the waiter to keep coming to the table to tell you where the chefs are with cooking your order? Or do you wait until they have it ready to go? I'll also ask this because I know you are an Xbox player. When something is broken on the Xbox platform or core services are down so they tell you what they are doing at the moment? Chances are you are not getting acknowledged at all by Microsoft and they will be done when they are done. The best attempts are made to properly convey exactly what is going on when the information contained can be shared. I don't really see who has acted like they had a god complex towards you. 

Ill play minus the god complex....

Wes said they found the memory leak that is causing dashboard hell on 6/6/17. Instead of just fixing this right away and sending it in to MS for cert they held onto this to make some sort of "superpatch" that took then an additional 2 days to submit to MS. Do you honestly think we care if we have to a couple smaller updates a few times a week for stability? If this patch ever goes live(I still think they screwed up and it was rejected but hey its a NDA so we wont ever know) the next patch should already be semi mapped out and ready to start work on.

Its been the same copy paste updates for the past 5 FIVE! CINCO! days.......................If I am at a restaurant and my food isnt there in a reasonable like an hour after its ordered you god damn right I am going to pull his/her coat and ask whats up. But whats real important that you fail to realize a good waiter will provide legit updates. (S)He wouldn't make the people at their tables come hunt them down for answers.

When something is broken on xbox they update that status every couple of hours and with a few exceptions its never down for more than a day in the 9years I've been on there.

   

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games broke for me I lose connection or just crash 4 out of 5 matches. And I got the Xbox one update which in my opinion made the crashes happen more frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JPops said:

This is the second time I am seeing you use the term god complex. Out of curiosity what has anyone done to you that would imply anyone has a god complex? Because information isn't said every couple of hours? Let me play devil's advocate here for a second. If I ever few hours said oh this is coming soon. At which point would you accuse me of just BSing or try to placate to avoid "backlash" there is also information that can not be shared immediately as certain processes and information are covered under an NDA and can not be shared with anyone outside of that. It's not an attempt at being shady or lying but no one is going to lose their job over someone who feels they should have up to the second information. That is not how that works. You are a paying customer sure, but do you expect up to the minute updates in any other aspect of your life? If you ordered food at a resturant do you want the waiter to keep coming to the table to tell you where the chefs are with cooking your order? Or do you wait until they have it ready to go? I'll also ask this because I know you are an Xbox player. When something is broken on the Xbox platform or core services are down so they tell you what they are doing at the moment? Chances are you are not getting acknowledged at all by Microsoft and they will be done when they are done. The best attempts are made to properly convey exactly what is going on when the information contained can be shared. I don't really see who has acted like they had a god complex towards you

Let me give this a go... to the bold:

 

1. Definition of "God Complex" - god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. We will get back to this...

 

2. As the poster above has already mentioned, if I am at a restaurant and they fail to deliver their word or my food is taking an exceptionally long time I would indeed inquire about the process and how long I should be expecting. I would expect answers, and if not given or if the answers are malarkey I would request management and ask for a refund (as a former Service industry worker, this happens daily at every restaurant in America). You pay for a service. If that service is not complete or broken, you get refunded or have every right to be pissed off.

 

3. As a Xbox player I would like to alert you to this web address: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

This provides around the clock updates on core servers, games, etc etc. Microsoft also has a 1800 number that is a 24/7 support, and you can ask questions and get answers at anytime. They also have a customer chat that allows you to speak directly with Xbox support to get real time answers. 

 

4. Back to the God Complex. By its definition, do you see how that term would be thrown around now? The creators of this game have played a game of cat and mouse with its customers, feeling no shame in placing the buck elsewhere either. Comments such as "we know this sucks" and "this is out of our control" have become the norm it seems from the creators. I have yet to see anyone from Gun or Illfonic make a statement just admitting they dropped the ball, were under-prepared, and that they could not adapt to the issues from 3 platforms in a timely manner. It's also not irregular they go radio silent when issues stretch out over time. You can argue they don't have the power or shouldn't have to update every hour, but a daily check in to update the status would go a long way. 

 

You have to understand you're dealing with a large amount of people who have been anticipating this game for over a year, and payed their hard earned money to help get it off the ground to make it a reality. By nature these people are going to feel a bit more entitled because they feel they are close to the project, closer then say a game that just dropped they had nothing to do with. It's a double-edged sword for developers, I get it. But they should understand the customer climate and adjust their social media preseance accordingly. 

 

PS: calling a customer an "asshole", no matter how petty or ignorant that person is being, only makes the company and its spokesman look incompident and immature. Remember, when you argue with fools people from a distance get confused who is who.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skeezy4Twenty said:

Let me give this a go... to the bold:

 

1. Definition of "God Complex" - god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. We will get back to this...

 

2. As the poster above has already mentioned, if I am at a restaurant and they fail to deliver their word or my food is taking an exceptionally long time I would indeed inquire about the process and how long I should be expecting. I would expect answers, and if not given or if the answers are malarkey I would request management and ask for a refund (as a former Service industry worker, this happens daily at every restaurant in America). You pay for a service. If that service is not complete or broken, you get refunded or have every right to be pissed off.

 

3. As a Xbox player I would like to alert you to this web address: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

This provides around the clock updates on core servers, games, etc etc. Microsoft also has a 1800 number that is a 24/7 support, and you can ask questions and get answers at anytime. They also have a customer chat that allows you to speak directly with Xbox support to get real time answers. 

 

4. Back to the God Complex. By its definition, do you see how that term would be thrown around now? The creators of this game have played a game of cat and mouse with its customers, feeling no shame in placing the buck elsewhere either. Comments such as "we know this sucks" and "this is out of our control" have become the norm it seems from the creators. I have yet to see anyone from Gun or Illfonic make a statement just admitting they dropped the ball, were under-prepared, and that they could not adapt to the issues from 3 platforms in a timely manner. It's also not irregular they go radio silent when issues stretch out over time. You can argue they don't have the power or shouldn't have to update every hour, but a daily check in to update the status would go a long way. 

 

You have to understand you're dealing with a large amount of people who have been anticipating this game for over a year, and payed their hard earned money to help get it off the ground to make it a reality. By nature these people are going to feel a bit more entitled because they feel they are close to the project, closer then say a game that just dropped they had nothing to do with. It's a double-edged sword for developers, I get it. But they should understand the customer climate and adjust their social media preseance accordingly. 

 

PS: calling a customer an "asshole", no matter how petty or ignorant that person is being, only makes the company and its spokesman look incompident and immature. Remember, when you argue with fools people from a distance get confused who is who.

^This ???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

^This ???

Absolutely! 100%! In my dealings with Gun, I am far from impressed with, not only their customer service— but, business management, in general.... I get issues, I get people can be pricks, and I get being annoyed by thousands of measages.... However- I want people to come back, and buy my games, even my DLC’s.. This company, honestly, just doesn’t seem to give a shit. I am pretty patient, and always respectful... I am shocked by the responses I received from Gun, and will not be buying their titles in the future... and never backing them again. Wish everyone the best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...