GunMedia_Ben

UPDATE JUNE 6, 2017 - PS4 Patch has arrived! Update on Xbox One

Hi everyone! We know the wait has been a bit long, and matchmaking for consoles has not been the best. We've been working day-in and day-out, but we're finally making headway and have some more solid news on what's going on.

FIRST OFF; the PS4 Patch version 1.04 is now live! This patch is primarily focused on matchmaking issue fixes as well as improving overall experience by removing some exploits. We want to reiterate VERY STRONGLY that matchmaking fixes are always an on-going process. Testing showed around a 4x-6x improvement in matchmaking speed; though we'll continue to monitor in the live environment. Nothing is certain, but we're watching!

Those of you with DLC: the Savini-Jason has gone live and you can now access him. Clothing Packs are slated to go live sometime today, maybe tomorrow. Sony Europe backers are being emailed their keys, while Sony America backers should be able to utilize their keys already delivered.

Patch Notes as follows;

Improvements
- Matchmaking Fixes. Should decrease amount of time it takes to match make.
- Added a Random option in the lobby.
- Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.
- Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
- Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.

Fixes

- Various fixes to the different glitch / hide / exploit spots
- Fixed issue where you have infinite stamina.
- Fixed a few areas where the player couldn't reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
- Fixed perk roller UI sometimes getting stuck if there is an error talking to the database.
- Fixed session heartbeat requests to be more resilient to service failures.
- Fixed character hair stretching at lower frame rate.
- Fixed Jason not always aborting the knife throw when stunned.
- Fixed a case where it was possible to get stuck in a knife throw.
- Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons.
- Fixed some placement issues with dropped items.
- Fixed Jason's mask floating when knocked off.
- Fixed Jason not always cancelling shift or morph if they hit a car in reverse.
- Fixed an issue with the hiding spot exit code.
- Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
- Fixed Rotate Minimap With Player not updating when changed until a map change.
- Fixed some host specific crashes.
- Fixed people being able to share settings save games.
- Fixes for DLC

SECOND OFF; Xbox One's matchmaking upgrade is currently in-test within our team, and will be submitted to test with Microsoft tomorrow. We anticipate the patch to go live on either Thursday or Friday, however this is not set in stone. If things change, we will let you know. We will post when we intend to patch and will include XB1 specific notes as well.

THIRD OFF; Our upgrade with security features on Steam are ongoing, will have news on that soon as we are able.

We know this has been a bit of a wait, and we apologize for the issues, but these things take time and we have to constantly check how things are improving while ensuring this game continues to grow.

For those of you who've had to wait, our sincere apologies and we hope you know that our team is working as quickly as we possibly can. Hope you enjoy!

-Gun

• Like 13

Thank you for this! I am downloading the patch as I type this.

One question though: Will the DLC codes be mailed to the address associated with Backerkit or with our Sony Europe account? Just so I know which mailbox to keep refreshing ^^

ceno

Do all backers who preordered get the Savini Jason? I'm confused because I keep seeing "backed at a level to get Savini Jason". Further confused because I received my counselor clothing DLC code, but no info regarding Savini Jason. Impossible to get a reply via Facebook or Twitter.

53 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Hi everyone! We know the wait has been a bit long, and matchmaking for consoles has not been the best. We've been working day-in and day-out, but we're finally making headway and have some more solid news on what's going on.

FIRST OFF; the PS4 Patch version 1.04 is now live! This patch is primarily focused on matchmaking issue fixes as well as improving overall experience by removing some exploits. We want to reiterate VERY STRONGLY that matchmaking fixes are always an on-going process. Testing showed around a 4x-6x improvement in matchmaking speed; though we'll continue to monitor in the live environment. Nothing is certain, but we're watching!

Those of you with DLC: the Savini-Jason has gone live and you can now access him. Clothing Packs are slated to go live sometime today, maybe tomorrow. Sony Europe backers are being emailed their keys, while Sony America backers should be able to utilize their keys already delivered.

Patch Notes as follows;

Improvements
- Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.
- Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.

Fixes

- Fixed a few areas where the player couldn't reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
- Fixed perk roller UI sometimes getting stuck if there is an error talking to the database.
- Fixed Jason not always cancelling shift or morph if they hit a car in reverse.
- Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
- Fixed Rotate Minimap With Player not updating when changed until a map change.
- Fixes for DLC

SECOND OFF; Xbox One's matchmaking upgrade is currently in-test within our team, and will be submitted to test with Microsoft tomorrow. We anticipate the patch to go live on either Thursday or Friday, however this is not set in stone. If things change, we will let you know. We will post when we intend to patch and will include XB1 specific notes as well.

THIRD OFF; Our upgrade with security features on Steam are ongoing, will have news on that soon as we are able.

We know this has been a bit of a wait, and we apologize for the issues, but these things take time and we have to constantly check how things are improving while ensuring this game continues to grow.

For those of you who've had to wait, our sincere apologies and we hope you know that our team is working as quickly as we possibly can. Hope you enjoy!

-Gun

I have a question for the devs(or if anyone else knows);why aren't you sending out hotfixes to the consoles as a stopgap for the patches in certification or does ms/sony only allow that for certain publishers?   

Here's to hoping the Xbox patch will significantly reduce the crashing on the console.

Very, very frustrating to play 5 games, but 4 of them crash to the dashboard.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, pocketsfancy said:

Do all backers who preordered get the Savini Jason? I'm confused because I keep seeing "backed at a level to get Savini Jason". Further confused because I received my counselor clothing DLC code, but no info regarding Savini Jason. Impossible to get a reply via Facebook or Twitter.

Only those that specifically either backed to a certain tier including him on the Kickstarter (just checking - the $65, $99, $129 and anything from $140 upwards tiers) or paid for him as an extra on the Backerkit Slasher Backer. The Savini Jason doesn't come with the stand-alone physical or digital copies.

How'd you get the Counselor Clothing Pack? Part of your Kickstarter tier or did you get it on Backerkit?

5 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Patch Notes as follows;

Improvements

Fixes

- Fixes for DLC

-Gun

Is the Xbox patch just coming with match make fix or will it include the getting kicked out of games because if that's the case fixing match making on Xbox is useless till that's fixed I prefer to have that fix than just stay in private match's and u can fix match making at a later time 

I backed at the Steel Case level. I received my game code, yet- never received my PS4 theme, or any codes for a DLC. I checked all my emails, refreshed my Backerkit, restored licenses, deleted and re-redeemed my code... and contacted Gun, every way I could. Any ideas that could help, would be appreciated...Ty

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 6.21.25 PM.png

Me before patch: "Oof, it takes 15 minutes to find a match and if I go to PS Home it stops the search..." Me after patch: "HOLY SHIT! IT FOUND A GAME IN 35 SECONDS!!!!!" Today was a great day...

Got the patch and still can't finish one f*cking game! Connection lost or heartbeat session failure on every game. Then, after you click accept it goes back to the main screen and you're level 0 again until you restart the game (and or the ps4). This sucks balls. Everything always freezes up almost exactly 5 minutes or so into a game. I've used the same internet connection on tons of xbox 360 games with no problems, this is a bit too coincidental.

7 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Only those that specifically either backed to a certain tier including him on the Kickstarter (just checking - the $65, $99, $129 and anything from $140 upwards tiers) or paid for him as an extra on the Backerkit Slasher Backer. The Savini Jason doesn't come with the stand-alone physical or digital copies.

How'd you get the Counselor Clothing Pack? Part of your Kickstarter tier or did you get it on Backerkit?

I got the counselor clothing dlc on Backerkit. I specifically purchased it. I have a code for it, but I'm still getting the invalid message from the PlayStation Store. Are these codes live yet?

3 hours ago, MikieMcpMD said:

Got the patch and still can't finish one f*cking game! Connection lost or heartbeat session failure on every game. Then, after you click accept it goes back to the main screen and you're level 0 again until you restart the game (and or the ps4). This sucks balls. Everything always freezes up almost exactly 5 minutes or so into a game. I've used the same internet connection on tons of xbox 360 games with no problems, this is a bit too coincidental.

welp looks like ps4 was for nothing just throw it away get a Xbox one problem solved

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikieMcpMD said:

Yeah this is what I'm worried about. Honestly if the Xbox one patch is just to fix quick play then they can keep it.

doesnt matter if quick play works or not if the game keeps crashing every other game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pocketsfancy said:

I got the counselor clothing dlc on Backerkit. I specifically purchased it. I have a code for it, but I'm still getting the invalid message from the PlayStation Store. Are these codes live yet?

Not yet, the Counselor Clothing Pack PS4 codes were due to be made active after the Savini Jason codes were all sorted.

Given what's happened with those Savini Jason codes, there's a chance there could be a delay. Or not, I have no word and I'm just suggesting.

17 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Improvements

Fixes

- Fixes for DLC

In-game Observations of Improvments/Fixes

• Getting into a match took about a minute at most
  • Random works great
  • I played more as Jason in one night than I had in the last 2-3 nights, seems to be working :)
  • Tested inhale sound and it's disabled, makes a big difference
  • Still seeing some weird hair stretching
  • Counselor Clothing Pack DLC code still not redeemable
  • All perks, clothing and kills unequipped with the patch

Suggestions/Observations

• Lots of team killing, "Betrayal" should multiply the XP lost for each person killed by a player or cause a loss of Counselor Points after the first betrayal
  • Host migration is badly needed
  • Option to create a lobby with some form of kick option would also help
  • With faster matchmaking times, more folks are leaving when not picked as Jason
  • Finding unrendered trees
  • Lots of lobbies not filling up fully, no issue previous nights, not sure why?
  • Customization while spectating would make spectating more bearable

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

In-game Observations of Improvments/Fixes

• Getting into a match took about a minute at most
  • Random works great
  • I played more as Jason in one night than I had in the last 2-3 nights, seems to be working :)
  • Tested inhale sound and it's disabled, makes a big difference
  • Still seeing some weird hair stretching
  • Counselor Clothing Pack DLC code still not redeemable
  • All perks, clothing and kills unequipped with the patch

Suggestions/Observations

• Lots of team killing, "Betrayal" should multiply the XP lost for each person killed by a player or cause a loss of Counselor Points after the first betrayal
  • Host migration is badly needed
  • Option to create a lobby with some form of kick option would also help
  • With faster matchmaking times, more folks are leaving when not picked as Jason
  • Finding unrendered trees
  • Lots of lobbies not filling up fully, no issue previous nights, not sure why?
  • Customization while spectating would make spectating more bearable

I have also noticed a lot more ppl leaving when they are not picked as Jason, or if they are killed in the first 5 minutes.

Definitely had a hard time getting a full game last night. Got into games in less than 2 minutes, which is great, but even when I was host and waited as long as possible it was usually only 5 or 6 in the game. The early quitting just made it worse and there were a few games that had only 2 counselors

That's a nice list of fixes.

I noticed that it indeed took less time to find games. It found games and connected me to them in 1 - 2 minutes.

I also noticed that during the last time I searched for a game, once 2 minutes had passed, I ended up alone in the lobby and had become the host. Was this added to matchmaking? If so, I really like it because I can then just leave the session running so other people can play sooner.

It also became apparent that the lobby when I hosted didn't fill up. In fact we had a game with just 3 players, which actually learned me a thing or two and was still enjoyable. In fact I got the highest score I ever had so far. Didn't get to play Jason though but whatever :)

So far it all seems to work a little better for me.

21 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.

Noice!! I wish Evolve had done that. I'm tired of not getting my preferred role when I'm the only one who prefers it. Plus I just don't like being counselor. I like being Jason. 

And does the part about the Jason list being shuffled only applies if you haven't selected a Jason? I'd prefer to run around with Part 3 Jason than only have a fast walk with Part 6. 

Don't think it's got the total green light yet.  Think Sony approved it, but Gun was doing some final checks first.

• Like 1

Tried it about 5 min ago, still not working yet. I'm sure Gun is ensuring that Sony doesn't screw up again.