HodderFodder

Getting really sick of being stunlocked

On 6/5/2017 at 4:16 PM, HodderFodder said:

The last three games of Jason I've played, I get stuck where a pack of 3-4 players just surround me and keep me down. As soon as I unlock, I start swinging, I ht one person--and then someone else gets me down. Someone drops a med spray and heals the person I injured. Grabbing is not going to work either. I make space, try to use throwing knives, and either I miss or I eat a flare gun. The last game had inordinately long stuns, so they must've been armed wtih serious perks.

How the hell do you fight a group of counselors who are coordinated, well equipped and know what they're doing?

One game, players had dropped all their unused items at the police exit before leaving, so there was a pile of flare guns, med sprays and weapons, and the group just kept me down and taunted me. This game I tried using Jason 3, because of his high weapon damage and ability to run, but J3 also has weak stun resistance, so I was really taking it the entire session.

It's goddamn humiliating and I have no idea how to deal with this.

You don't. You get screwed.

Beyond standing in combat stance and blocking until either the round ends or all their weapons break, you can do nothing. Jason has no "mercy" timer anymore which is why chain stuns exist. If he had 5 seconds of no-stun after recovering from a stun, he'd be able to be dangerous, but as it is, all situations boil down to just being slapped.

Grabbing won't ever help because anyone doing this has pocket knives, so don't even try.

The best you can HOPE for is to stand there and block. As long as you hold block, you have a 360 degree defense and nothing short of a flare gun, fireworks, or shotgun will break it.

Also, if you suspect someone is gonna go after you, make sure you never pick a Jason with only 3 traps. Keep 2 on your person and place them down so that gang beatings run the risk of stepping in a trap.

Yes, this is what the game has boiled down to and no it's not fun, but it's either stand and block all day, or get teabagged and eventually killed.

Yay, a true Jason experience. /sarcasm.

17 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

The best you can HOPE for is to stand there and block. As long as you hold block, you have a 360 degree defense and nothing short of a flare gun, fireworks, or shotgun will break it.

Actually that is incorrect. Melee attacks force Jason to drop his block, requiring the player to let go of the block button and press it again to re-engage it. Video proof here(me):

I waded into the crowd and held block in the hopes of their weapons eventually breaking. What you see is not me letting go of block, the block came down on its own upon impact with a weapon. This was not always the case. Previously Jason's block would remain against all melee attacks and only ranged attacks and bear traps could break it.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Actually that is incorrect. Melee attacks force Jason to drop his block, requiring the player to let go of the block button and press it again to re-engage it. Video proof here(me):

I waded into the crowd and held block in the hopes of their weapons eventually breaking. This was not always the case. Previously Jason's block would remain against all melee attacks and only ranged attacks and bear traps could break it.

That is more of a glitch that happens one in a while, but unfortunately yes.

Still, as I said, Jason is a freaking joke and I refuse to play multiplayer anymore.

• Thanks 1

I find it both hilarious and tragic at the same time that this is still an issue.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 7:01 AM, tyrant666 said:

I think the main problem is certain perks allows the counselors way too much tanking ability when Jason IS THE FUCKING MURDERER

Nerf the medic double spray perk and 90% of this shit stops.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Nerf the medic double spray perk and 90% of this shit stops.

Nerfing medic is always viciously argued against, usually by the battle Chads... but I have seen some good ideas for it. Doubling only the first spray was the bet one I can think of.
   But thinking of a perk nerf just to help slow down or halt this problem in its tracks... How about medic and thick skin are both given a minimum -25% (for common) to -35% (for Legendary) chance to stun Jason... these seem to be the meta perks for the battle Chads and are among the most powerful perks in the game, if not the most powerful. With the lesser stun chance come less chance of Jason being used for a piñata. Besides, this is not a nerf to the perk at all, it simply nerfs the perk user's chance to stun Jason. They still get all the med sprays they can carry or can take just as much extra damage. Sucker punch would nearly nullify the penalty of one... and many battle Chads use that one as well anyway.
   Just a thought. 

Judging by the date of the first post in this thread, this has been an issue almost since the beginning. Combat stance is in more need of an overhaul than ever... if not to get rid of it outright and just assign buttons for block and heavy attack. The target lock is more annoying than anything else... although some players have posted good tips on how to use it for a variety of purposes... I have never needed to rely on any kind of aim assist in this game or any other. Yeah you miss sometimes... just like in real life.
   Before anyone says a button to just block is too powerful... before the entry into block was slowed, I and a great many other players could get into block just as quick by going into stance and then block at pretty much the same moment.
   Some sort of defense against the indefensible double tap is needed as well... whether it is more invincibility frames (in which case the smart counselors will simply back off until the frames are done) or to come out of a stun already blocking. The double tap is the biggest culprit to losing the mask, but I have run into many players skilled enough to not have to use it at all.
   Jason does not need any more buffs... and neither do counselors need any more nerfs. But this piñata Jason thing really should be dealt with.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:32 PM, Ahab said:

The target lock is more annoying than anything else

I've always maintained that target lock is a necessary evil, but it should be refined to be both toggle-able from within Combat Stance, as well as (for Jason at least) having the shoulder bumps on the controller cycle through any targets within a 5 meter range.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I've always maintained that target lock is a necessary evil, but it should be refined to be both toggle-able from within Combat Stance, as well as (for Jason at least) having the shoulder bumps on the controller cycle through any targets within a 5 meter range.

I know quite a few players like the target lock and have posted many viable ways to use it. I just do not like to rely on any kind of aim assist... I mostly just use the stance for the blocking, but now and again, I attack in the stance.
   Using combat stance is sometimes very necessary as the game is now but it often locks onto a counselor other than the one you wish to attack, which I find annoying. It would be much more viable if you could cycle through targets as many have suggested... and as you suggest, within a 5 meter range. Perhaps the target lock should even be less than that, like 3 meters... or even just the nearest target. That could be far more helpful than it is now. Damned good idea.

Sorry if this has been answered a million times but does anyone know if Pt. 9 Jason's stun resistance even makes a difference?  

If I encounter a counselor within the first minute or two (I.E. teleporting to the fuse-box cabin and finding someone inside) I usually let them go. Nobody likes getting killed in the first 30 seconds of a 20 minute round (this doesn't apply if they start attacking me right away).

If one of them gets into combat stance and wants to fight 1v1, I'm probably going to go along with it unless we're A: almost out of time, or B: the counselor wanting to 1v1 is wearing the sweater.

What i do is use the block button let them break their weapons as soon as they have nothing and try to run and get more i attack. I also will shift outta there if they are getting the better of me and try a new way of getting them one by one usually you can find a  loaner out there to pick off while you do that the group will usually go back to objectives and while they are you use stalk and sneak up on them one at a time if you can. Due to the major nerf's Jason's gotten recently it's harder then ever to be Jason just keep working with it and you will find after some practice you will be very good at dealing with crowds and lastly thankfully not all games are like this. I also have grabbed counselors in groups and did a kill fast if you can get the kill to work fast you can get by with one b4 they can strike. 

On 6/29/2018 at 10:16 PM, zmccain said:

Sorry if this has been answered a million times but does anyone know if Pt. 9 Jason's stun resistance even makes a difference?  

As someone who mains Part 9, it seems to me that if there is a difference, it is minimal at best. I don't really feel that he gets stunned less than the other Jason variants to any significant degree.

26 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

As someone who mains Part 9, it seems to me that if there is a difference, it is minimal at best. I don't really feel that he gets stunned less than the other Jason variants to any significant degree. 

Well , if I notice it , I notice it Pretty good.

-Also a Part IX main.

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , if I notice it , I notice it Pretty good.

-Also a Part IX main.

Perhaps we can just agree that it is "inconsistent". Y'know, like the entire game. I do think he stands up faster when knocked over completely though.

2 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Perhaps we can just agree that it is "inconsistent". Y'know, like the entire game. I do think he stands up faster when knocked over completely though.

Yeah , his recovery is definitely faster. I never get that extremely Long stun from a shotgun with him.

And yeah , we can agree with it being inconsistent. It´s a good trade off for less HP , since +stun resistance is better than -hp is worse.

I subscribe to the same philosophy as @Nomadder. If I get tag teamed, I just take the beating, knowing with each pocketknife they use, with each bat they break, with each spray they use, that I'll still be standing and ready to go once they've run dry. And once they start to run out, they usually start splitting up to try to find more supplies. For some reason, I'm happy when they use a knife. It let's me know roughly how many are left and the odds someone later in the round has one too.

I do try all of the other tactics listed here, but if all of the counselors that are left stay grouped together, ya just gotta not be a pussy and get in there and fight for mamma!:)

Edit: Reading a few more posts talking about blocking most of the time. Other than damaging weapons, I'd rather just slice or try to grab and make people use their items. There's only so many and it's not like Jason gets weaker. Lost his mask? Who cares? Take that beating, absorb their items, get the job done once they're done with their pinata party.

• Like 1

I’m convinced the stun lock will never be fixed. Ever.

The best way to deal with trolls is not taking them too seriously or humiliating.
Then you stalk morph away (not too much)  and shift toward them and slash the hell out of them until they stun you again. then you go combat stance and block a bit and try to slash from time to time until you have stalk/morph and stun available again and repeat. Never try to grab if they are in group, especially with the new grab it's a stun sentence.

Use Jasons with high weapon damage. You will still get stunned but you will end up killing everyone.

I find funny to deal with trolls, and sometimes I do troll as well, it's funny both ways. You should enjoy as well instead of asking nerfing and buffing continuously.