Please give a visual meter or symbol on how much fear a counselor has AND when Jason is able to spot you through his sense perk.

I know about the "look at the counslors Face" but it is not reliable. I've done some testing in private matches with a buddy and I definitely had 0% fear. I had my flashlight on and I was crouching. But he still managed to find me through sense.

I've read the threat about the "fear system" and I know the basics about how  it works and how to lower it etc. But as long as you are in his sense vicinity you will glow like a Christmas tree unless you have a perk (which is useless since you can deactivate sense and then reactivate with no cooldown) or are hiding in a hiding spot.

So either give us a visual smybol to let you know that your fear is so high that Jason can "sense" you (not that he is using it right now but that he could do it) or give us a meter which fills as your fear grow's.

It was hoping for some moments where you stand still and see Jason nearby and hope he doesn't see you but since he always spots you with sense thats not gonna happen.

To make it clear I'm not asking for a nerf. It's just so frustrating playing super stealthy just to find out Jason could see you all along and that your playstyle is useless. But if I had a symbol or meter  telling me "Jason can sense me right know" then I can adapt my playstyle and for example look for the next hiding spot.

English is not my native language so don't go hard on me.

• Like 8

I like this idea. I remember a time that I was crouched out of sight of Jason near the car, he was chasing another player down the street. He got all the way down the street so far away, so I started crouch walking to the car, then all the sudden I see him use shift down the street and I figured he was gonna get the other character, but all the sudden, he was in my face and grabbed me then killed me. I had no idea how he knew I was there as I was crouched, not moving, not scared, and no flashlight. Then started crouch walking. I was playing as Deborah who has 9/10 stealth

• Like 2

Look at the four corners of your screen. The more dark they are the more fear you have.  If you don't have any darkness then you don't have any fear. Stealth doesn't stop you from getting fear. Composure only slows down how fast you accumulate fear.

If you would have a fear meter you can start to really mage your fear, so it will be pretty hard for Jason to find you. If every counselor keeps ihs fear near zero at the start Jason would be practically useless in the first few minutes of the game.

Its his only way to track you when you are far away.

7 minutes ago, GooberxX09 said:

Look at the four corners of your screen. The more dark they are the more fear you have.  If you don't have any darkness then you don't have any fear. Stealth doesn't stop you from getting fear. Composure only slows down how fast you accumulate fear.

Like I said it is not reliable. I know about the corners. But you can't pin point from which point on Jason can spot you.

3 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

If you would have a fear meter you can start to really mage your fear, so it will be pretty hard for Jason to find you. If every counselor keeps ihs fear near zero at the start Jason would be practically useless in the first few minutes of the game.

Like I said above there is already a visual representation of your fear level that you can already manage.  So putting an actual "fear meter" wouldn't really accomplish anything. 

11 minutes ago, JasongrabOP said:

I like this idea. I remember a time that I was crouched out of sight of Jason near the car, he was chasing another player down the street. He got all the way down the street so far away, so I started crouch walking to the car, then all the sudden I see him use shift down the street and I figured he was gonna get the other character, but all the sudden, he was in my face and grabbed me then killed me. I had no idea how he knew I was there as I was crouched, not moving, not scared, and no flashlight. Then started crouch walking. I was playing as Deborah who has 9/10 stealth

That had nothing to do with fear, well not completly at least. You said he shifted, that means he had sense already. He used sense, spotted you amd a sitting duck makes a much attractive target. Why run after the other guy when he can get you that easily?

Yes, Deborah has high stealth but that doenst mean that Jason canz sense her especially on the outside.

12 minutes ago, GooberxX09 said:

Like I said above there is already a visual representation of your fear level that you can already manage.  So putting an actual "fear meter" wouldn't really accomplish anything. 

There are this 2 visual representations. These do not show you exactly how high your fear is. ONLY when your hud disappears then you are at maximum fear. If I'm Jason I always see them I have yet to play a game where I someone get away through hiding. You just teleport near someone he automatically screams and light's up. Even if he is about 10 meters away. It should be possible to not scream instantly. They don't do that in the movies too. They stay quit and hope jason doesn't sees them. I also said he spotted me with no fear whatsoever. Making the visual indicators useless.

13 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

There are still noise blips AND his stalk ability would be more useful. So Jason has to listen for sounds rather than his xray vision. 

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Sometimes it's hard to tell if the screen is dark because of fear or because you are in a dark area, and sometimes you can be standing under a light or in a lit cabin and you'll still show up on Jason's sense.

The "dark area" complaint is legit but I just think a lot of problems that people have are just because they don't know all the ins and outs of how the mechanic works and adding a "fear meter" is not going to help that. For example people might think turning on your flashlight in the dark might reduce your fear but it doesn't it just slows it down.

17 minutes ago, DankeyVanKang said:

There are still noise blips AND his stalk ability would be more useful. So Jason has to listen for sounds rather than his xray vision. 

Yes, true it would make the stalk more useful but if Jason has to listen for sounds its a huge disadvantage for some players.

You have to consider that some people play it on a TV with the TV itself as the source of the sound. For them it would be extremely hard tp track the counselors.

23 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

That had nothing to do with fear, well not completly at least. You said he shifted, that means he had sense already. He used sense, spotted you amd a sitting duck makes a much attractive target. Why run after the other guy when he can get you that easily?

Yes, Deborah has high stealth but that doenst mean that Jason canz sense her especially on the outside.

That's what I'm saying... How could he possibly have sensed or heard me? My character didn't scream and i was sitting still hiding behind something? This is in response to "a meter that shows if Jason is able to sense you". Because if I knew he could sense me, I would've done something different than just sitting there waiting for him to pass when I thought he couldn't sense me

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JasongrabOP said:

That's what I'm saying... How could he possibly have sensed or heard me? My character didn't scream and i was sitting still hiding behind something? This is in response to "a meter that shows if Jason is able to sense you". Because if I knew he could sense me, I would've done something different than just sitting there waiting for him to pass when I thought he couldn't sense me

You were outside, Jason was around, you could see him and so on.

There are many ways to generate fear and it has to be so, you have to give Jason something so he can find you.

The game you are looking for is called hide and seek, not Friday the 13th.

Just look at your name JasongrabOP and now you complain about fear and sensing? Should Jason be removed entirely from the game so that you can search undisturbed in the cabins and escape everytime? Are you satisfied then?

• Like 1

The devs have said that they do not plan to add a fear meter, that you are supposed to look at what your character is doing.

There are four stages to determine your current fear:

Normal: Your character is fine.

Nervous: Your character is looking around.

Scared: Your character is hunched over, looking around, making the Chad Face.

Terrified: Your mini-map disappears and everything is in black and white.

• Like 4

On June 5, 2017 at 3:21 PM, AngronKharn said:

You were outside, Jason was around, you could see him and so on.

There are many ways to generate fear and it has to be so, you have to give Jason something so he can find you.

The game you are looking for is called hide and seek, not Friday the 13th.

Just look at your name JasongrabOP and now you complain about fear and sensing? Should Jason be removed entirely from the game so that you can search undisturbed in the cabins and escape everytime? Are you satisfied then?

That's my name because that's what I originally came into the forums for. Now that I cleared my name up for you, which has nothing to do with this post, yes I'm complaining because how can he sense someone crouched, out of his sight, with 0 fear (my character had a straight face). It seems like you're mad because I'm against Jason? I don't know, but I think you should relax and not take things so seriously. I said I liked that guys suggestion because of my own experiences. From what you're saying, you just want Jason to kill everyone, every match, with no one to escape and just have the game a Jason rape fest. I can literally say the opposite of what you said and try to pull it off as an "argument" or a tool to get you mad for some reason. But I'm generally just trying to make it a fair and fun experience for everyone; not just Jason, and I can only do that by sharing my thoughts. Don't be a baby and come back when you have a valid explanation of why I was spotted so I know what to do differently next time. 

22 hours ago, HodderFodder said:

The devs have said that they do not plan to add a fear meter, that you are supposed to look at what your character is doing.

There are four stages to determine your current fear:

Normal: Your character is fine.

Nervous: Your character is looking around.

Scared: Your character is hunched over, looking around, making the Chad Face.

Terrified: Your mini-map disappears and everything is in black and white.

Thanks for that info. I was wondering how to tell my characters fear level. All I knew was the facial expression

On 7.6.2017 at 6:16 AM, JasongrabOP said:

That's my name because that's what I originally came into the forums for. Now that I cleared my name up for you, which has nothing to do with this post, yes I'm complaining because how can he sense someone crouched, out of his sight, with 0 fear (my character had a straight face). It seems like you're mad because I'm against Jason? I don't know, but I think you should relax and not take things so seriously. I said I liked that guys suggestion because of my own experiences. From what you're saying, you just want Jason to kill everyone, every match, with no one to escape and just have the game a Jason rape fest. I can literally say the opposite of what you said and try to pull it off as an "argument" or a tool to get you mad for some reason. But I'm generally just trying to make it a fair and fun experience for everyone; not just Jason, and I can only do that by sharing my thoughts. Don't be a baby and come back when you have a valid explanation of why I was spotted so I know what to do differently next time. 

You know what I dont even have to think about what to respond to this, you  already did it yourself.

Look at the middlepart of your ... manifest:

"I don't know, but I think you should relax and not take things so seriously. "

These are your words and now read all of your stuff again, think about everything and then, before you give me any advice like "relax and dont take things so seriously", you should live by your own words.

I remeber a post of you where you stated that you wanted a refund and you would have never bought if you had known  how unbalanced this game was. Well you think that it is unbalanced, others dont.Jason is very strong and he has to be, there is a possibilty to even kill him but its not meant to be a fair fight, because if it would be a fait fight the counselors would try to fight and kill him every round turning completly around what this game is supposed to be.

Lets face it you bought a game that you dont like the way it is, which means you have dumped 40 bucks, but you are not willing to accept that and now you want to turn it into something you enjoy and you try to cover it under the mantle of: "But I'm generally just trying to make it a fair and fun experience for everyone; not just Jason".

Guess what there are people who think this game is fun and enjoy it and guess what these people like you and I have to play counselors more often than Jason, they all, like you and I, die more often than they survive and they have fun with it.You know why they have fun no matter if they die often or not? Because they relax and dont take things so seriously (doesnt that sound familiar?).

You already complained about almost everything that leads to Jason finding and killing you shift+grab, fear, sensing, traps. With traps you were right you know? It should be possible to disable them and now it is and you know what then happened "Why do I have to lose a knife if I disable the traps?"

The answer is simple, you want something, then you have to give something in return.

That is the big problem with all these nerfthreads, I always read what people want but not what they are willing to give.

But back to you, over the last couple of days our paths crossed in various threads and I have come to one conclussion:

Your are thru and thru a selfish person to the bone. You want everything handed to you on a silver platter, if you have issues with something it cant be that it lies with you, you want things changed the way you like so it is more enjoyable for everybody ( which makes you sound like some sort of cultleader) and if get something but you have to give something in return of course thats not the way it should be, its worthless, its bullshit.

And thats about it.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2017 at 2:22 PM, DankeyVanKang said:

Please give a visual meter or symbol on how much fear a counselor has AND when Jason is able to spot you through his sense perk.

I know about the "look at the counslors Face" but it is not reliable. I've done some testing in private matches with a buddy and I definitely had 0% fear. I had my flashlight on and I was crouching. But he still managed to find me through sense.

I've read the threat about the "fear system" and I know the basics about how  it works and how to lower it etc. But as long as you are in his sense vicinity you will glow like a Christmas tree unless you have a perk (which is useless since you can deactivate sense and then reactivate with no cooldown) or are hiding in a hiding spot.

So either give us a visual smybol to let you know that your fear is so high that Jason can "sense" you (not that he is using it right now but that he could do it) or give us a meter which fills as your fear grow's.

It was hoping for some moments where you stand still and see Jason nearby and hope he doesn't see you but since he always spots you with sense thats not gonna happen.

To make it clear I'm not asking for a nerf. It's just so frustrating playing super stealthy just to find out Jason could see you all along and that your playstyle is useless. But if I had a symbol or meter  telling me "Jason can sense me right know" then I can adapt my playstyle and for example look for the next hiding spot.

English is not my native language so don't go hard on me.

Youre not supposed to know when Jason can sense you or not thats one of the mechanics of the game. If you were in a place where Jason cannot sense you then he would never find you because thats his only means of finding counselors besides hearing noises but you can avoid that just by crouching. So putting in a fear meter would basically accomplish nothing because its already in the game and its intended to be hard to know exactly how much fear you have. If you were in a spot and you knew that Jason couldnt sense you there he would never find you or not have enough time to find you.

I use my own anxiety as a fear meter. If a little pee comes out of me then I know I'm scared. ;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I use my own anxiety as a fear meter. If a little pee comes out of me then I know I'm scared. ;)

I laughed so hard  after reading this i had to go to the bathroom because i thought i piddled. LMAO!

On June 7, 2017 at 8:17 AM, AngronKharn said:

You know what I dont even have to think about what to respond to this, you  already did it yourself.

Look at the middlepart of your ... manifest:

"I don't know, but I think you should relax and not take things so seriously. "

These are your words and now read all of your stuff again, think about everything and then, before you give me any advice like "relax and dont take things so seriously", you should live by your own words.

I remeber a post of you where you stated that you wanted a refund and you would have never bought if you had known  how unbalanced this game was. Well you think that it is unbalanced, others dont.Jason is very strong and he has to be, there is a possibilty to even kill him but its not meant to be a fair fight, because if it would be a fait fight the counselors would try to fight and kill him every round turning completly around what this game is supposed to be.

Lets face it you bought a game that you dont like the way it is, which means you have dumped 40 bucks, but you are not willing to accept that and now you want to turn it into something you enjoy and you try to cover it under the mantle of: "But I'm generally just trying to make it a fair and fun experience for everyone; not just Jason".

Guess what there are people who think this game is fun and enjoy it and guess what these people like you and I have to play counselors more often than Jason, they all, like you and I, die more often than they survive and they have fun with it.You know why they have fun no matter if they die often or not? Because they relax and dont take things so seriously (doesnt that sound familiar?).

You already complained about almost everything that leads to Jason finding and killing you shift+grab, fear, sensing, traps. With traps you were right you know? It should be possible to disable them and now it is and you know what then happened "Why do I have to lose a knife if I disable the traps?"

The answer is simple, you want something, then you have to give something in return.

That is the big problem with all these nerfthreads, I always read what people want but not what they are willing to give.

But back to you, over the last couple of days our paths crossed in various threads and I have come to one conclussion:

Your are thru and thru a selfish person to the bone. You want everything handed to you on a silver platter, if you have issues with something it cant be that it lies with you, you want things changed the way you like so it is more enjoyable for everybody ( which makes you sound like some sort of cultleader) and if get something but you have to give something in return of course thats not the way it should be, its worthless, its bullshit.

And thats about it.

This is what I'm talking about, I can literally feel your anger through your response. Yes, you do need to relax. Yes, I am relaxed myself. And finally, yes, I wouldn't have bought this game if I knew about the many flaws it contains. I believe it shouldn't have even been released yet until a lot of the stuff has been worked on. You're attacking me because I disagree with you, grow up, we're not all children who have to whine about other people's opinions. A GAME is meant to be FUN. Not only fun when you're one guy. Yes, I do have fun as the counselor, up until I am forced to kill myself due to lack of knives to disable traps that are clear as day sitting at the gas tank of a car. Or when I finally escape Jason after 5 mins of running away exhausting all of my supplies and defenses, which includes one of those scarce knifes, just for him to appear out of thin air right beside me, grab me and kill me. To me, that's pretty bullshit. I'm complaining because that's the only way to be heard, but I shouldn't have to explain myself to some random judgmental guy. for the record, none of what you said about me is true

I like this idea. I think this would allow players to plan more accordingly of when to run or hide when Jason is near. He still would have the upper hand with shift and stealth, so this could be a good change.

• Like 1

I recently played as Jenny in a match against Savini Jason. For about 10 minutes I hadn't seen Jason at all, and stuck to one side of the map where no cabins had been visited by Jason and the power had remained on the whole time. I was in a cabin for a good minute or two, flashlight on, crouched, so I MUST have had full composure. I go outside and hide in a tent. 10 seconds later Jason morphs directly on top of me and kills me via sleeping bag. The player said I showed up as red in the tent.

What the hell is the point of high composure if Jason can still see you if you are at 99% composure or less? Is it that if we even lose ONE POINT in composure we are lit up red???? Oh so I passed by a dark shadow, "oh no it's so dark I'm so scared, AAAHHH!!"

So is it that your fear rises from the moment the match starts? Is it that as time goes on your fear NEVER reaches zero again, despite being far away from Jason, despite having the power on, with the doors locked, while hiding in a closet? Despite all that we are still visible? Well f--k all that. Composure means nothing. Just play as high speed or high repair characters and get TF out as fast as you can and if Jason shows up just accept it and die until they patch this nonsense.

FYI: Composure is related to fear and showing up on Jason's Sense ability. Stealth is related to how much sound you make.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, GooberxX09 said:

It was nice of them to implement fear on screen in this sort of way but it makes it near impossible to see where you're going in dark places; it might be better off to just show some sort of gauge for fear levels.