PowellCampsNAKED

Hiding in places like the shower?

I dont know how hiding in a shower will work. anyone playing Jason will probably just stab through the curtain.

It would be cool to hide in a locker and could look outside  through the louver of the locker like in this Picture.

2014-10-02_00004.jpg

Then you see Jason walking by but you lost him cause the louver is to small to see where he goes. Your fearmeter rises up and you never know if he  know where you are.  Maybe it is save to come out cause he didn't found you or he's just waiting outside and slash you when  you come out. Or Jason can smash his weapon of choice through the locker door like this.

Axe-scene-from-The-Shinin-012.jpg

• Like 2

they said it's not really going to be in-depth detailed in the dev diary. pretty much dumbing down the experience to try to make it more fun. not much options or interactivity in the game like what we'd hope.

Yeah yhey said they are not going to have people wandering around.But id like to wwander around and find good hiding spots.

My hopes were for a game that was more interactive. The more I hear the more it dwindles away and I lower my expectations. I think it will be a fun game, but due to the budget issues all over the place, I think the potential of this games greatness will not be attained. I can thank games like GTA for spoiling me so much and letting me know the possibilities within a game, I'll have this to thank for the limitations. God I really hope that I don't regret buying it and wish instead once I play it that I should have rented it.

Crazy Ralph! That's why I was hoping they could at least do this inside cabins at least! Kind of like Tim Kruegers idea with 1st person locker view

ok ok ok see now this is 1 reason I wish when entering a cabin it switches to 1st person view because when you hide under a Bed you would be under the bed in the dark with your character and see only feet walking by, which would be super scary!! If it's in 3rd person the camera would pan out over the bed?

Maybe it'll be like in the Batman or Hitman games where once you go in/under something the camera pans really close to the characters head. It's not exactly "first person", but your view is still in/under the spot with the character.

I seem to recall them mentioning something along those lines...? As in, a switch to first person if hiding in something? I'm not solid on that, though.

If there are lockers you can hide in there should be a peak out option to see more and for Jason there should be a kill where he can smash your head in the locker door when peaking out. I'm mostly suggesting the peak out option and also stating a possible kill option saying that the counselor hasn't seen you coming and no matter what you're screwed

I'm sure that the balance between Jason and the Counselors will always tip in Jason's favor. That has always been a major thing in the films. Anything they can do, he can pretty much do. What they cannot? Again Jason can manage. I'm sure hiding under a bed is a simple feat for Jason. Or just simply crashing through the wall. That is a perfect ambush.

I also wondered about this when watch the video of the girl under the bed. When I was watching it I thought the foot locker would be a good place as any to hide.

We can easily say we wont hide here or there because it would be too obvious. But once the match begins and you know Jasons on the way. You don't know what situation you'll find yourself in. You can be in a cabin by yourself with no weapon and Jason can be right outside. Maybe he comes inside and you have no choice but to hide in the shower.

You'll at some point or another finding yourself hiding in places you wouldnt think you would so you wont die lol. Sure it might be an obvious death, but...maybe counselors outside make noise and that gets Jason's attention. You have survived at least a little while longer. You just dont know what situation you'll find yourself in And with Manfredinis soundtrack adding to the terror. I can't wait. 

Yeah, but you are thinking in the mind of Jason from the movies and not "Jason" the gamer.

Gamers won't get distracted by a noise and just walk outside to investigate.

They're going to (as gamers) walk the entire cabin rapidly tapping the button  on anything and everything to find someone.

I'm very skeptical on how the 'hide' mechanic is going to work because the bottom-line of this mechanic is... once people KNOW the hiding places, they are just going to spam the 'kill' 'find' button all over objects to find people and kill them the same way someone spam clicks over objects to find hidden objects in other third person games.

I REALLY want to know how this mechanic will work properly, because.. I just don't want the game to turn out being this lame 'hide and seek' thing.

I want to see players engaging with Jason, decoying him, hitting him with stuff, using their selves as bait.

I know that the developers are coming out with all these videos to show HOW people could play in these little gameplay things narrated by Adam Sessler, but who's to say that people WILL be encouraged to play that way.  Hiding SOUNDS great.  But it needs to be effective for the counselor, and you should only be able to hide for a few moments before Jason can 'figure out' through a mechanic where you are.

I think maybe with a combination of crappy places to hide, and effective places to hide, things can be mixed up with the mechanic.  Maybe the counselor could accidentally find a weapon to hit Jason with WHILE they are hiding so if Jason gets near to search their spot, BOOM, they can hit him with something and continue running.  Ex.  You hide in a closet... there's a bat!  Grab it.. you get the idea.

The only thing I can think of that would work with the hide mechanic and make it work without the player (Jason) spamming every hiding spot in the room is when they (as Jason) DO start searching hiding spots, it plays this slow terrifying animation on Jason.  So when he looks in a locker, he opens it, not fast, but kinda slow looking in, closing it.  When he checks a bed, he STABS something through it, or maybe he flips it over if he's without machete.

But the bottomline would be that the animation would play out for a few seconds... THIS would give the counselor a moment to say to themselves, "Oh shit, okay he's REALLY looking for me, I need to make the decision to (attack, if I have a weapon on the ready when he checks here), or just to go ahead and bust out of their hiding place and haul ass while Jason is in the middle of checking the wrong hiding place, making it somewhat fair for the counselor as in they have at least 2 seconds to HOPEFULLY escape.

Some hiding places would be more effective than others.  For example, under a bed might conceal you more.  But now you have to consider the time it takes to crawl back out from under it, whereas with a closet you could just bust right out running.  If you are hiding in the shower, you have to consider, he may not be able to see you, but he can probably kill you instantly WITHOUT ever setting eyes on the counselor because he decided to stab you through the curtain. 

There would be a combination of AWESOME hiding places, and crap hiding places (to give that vibe of... WHY ARE YOU HIDING THERE?!?).. people who watch your stream or video, can curse you just like people cursed the movies.

Some hiding places could be flip flopped.  Example,

1.  Sometimes hiding places can house something awesome to use against Jason.

2.  If you have a gun with a couple of bullets.. maybe hiding in the shower isn't so bad.  You can shoot Jason through the curtain, buying you seconds to get out and leave.

It's all about stacking these fancy building blocks.. making the mechanic work smoothly.

• Like 1

I love the idea of slow Jason animations when checking hiding spots to deter the Jason player from clicking on everything! Plus, Jason checking under the bed could give you time to sneak out of closet and run for it.

I bet he can hear our breathing once he is in the same "room" as we are,or when he is near us somehow..specially if we are tired or scared.So...how about crawling up to a tree and hidding there till the night ends? I would even make ~wind~ sounds so he wouldn't find me. lol. 

Yeah, but you are thinking in the mind of Jason from the movies and not "Jason" the gamer.

Gamers won't get distracted by a noise and just walk outside to investigate.

They're going to (as gamers) walk the entire cabin rapidly tapping the button on anything and everything to find someone.

I'm very skeptical on how the 'hide' mechanic is going to work because the bottom-line of this mechanic is... once people KNOW the hiding places, they are just going to spam the 'kill' 'find' button all over objects to find people and kill them the same way someone spam clicks over objects to find hidden objects in other third person games.

I REALLY want to know how this mechanic will work properly, because.. I just don't want the game to turn out being this lame 'hide and seek' thing.

I want to see players engaging with Jason, decoying him, hitting him with stuff, using their selves as bait.

I know that the developers are coming out with all these videos to show HOW people could play in these little gameplay things narrated by Adam Sessler, but who's to say that people WILL be encouraged to play that way. Hiding SOUNDS great. But it needs to be effective for the counselor, and you should only be able to hide for a few moments before Jason can 'figure out' through a mechanic where you are.

I think maybe with a combination of crappy places to hide, and effective places to hide, things can be mixed up with the mechanic. Maybe the counselor could accidentally find a weapon to hit Jason with WHILE they are hiding so if Jason gets near to search their spot, BOOM, they can hit him with something and continue running. Ex. You hide in a closet... there's a bat! Grab it.. you get the idea.

The only thing I can think of that would work with the hide mechanic and make it work without the player (Jason) spamming every hiding spot in the room is when they (as Jason) DO start searching hiding spots, it plays this slow terrifying animation on Jason. So when he looks in a locker, he opens it, not fast, but kinda slow looking in, closing it. When he checks a bed, he STABS something through it, or maybe he flips it over if he's without machete.

But the bottomline would be that the animation would play out for a few seconds... THIS would give the counselor a moment to say to themselves, "Oh shit, okay he's REALLY looking for me, I need to make the decision to (attack, if I have a weapon on the ready when he checks here), or just to go ahead and bust out of their hiding place and haul ass while Jason is in the middle of checking the wrong hiding place, making it somewhat fair for the counselor as in they have at least 2 seconds to HOPEFULLY escape.

Some hiding places would be more effective than others. For example, under a bed might conceal you more. But now you have to consider the time it takes to crawl back out from under it, whereas with a closet you could just bust right out running. If you are hiding in the shower, you have to consider, he may not be able to see you, but he can probably kill you instantly WITHOUT ever setting eyes on the counselor because he decided to stab you through the curtain.

There would be a combination of AWESOME hiding places, and crap hiding places (to give that vibe of... WHY ARE YOU HIDING THERE?!?).. people who watch your stream or video, can curse you just like people cursed the movies.

Some hiding places could be flip flopped. Example,

1. Sometimes hiding places can house something awesome to use against Jason.

2. If you have a gun with a couple of bullets.. maybe hiding in the shower isn't so bad. You can shoot Jason through the curtain, buying you seconds to get out and leave.

It's all about stacking these fancy building blocks.. making the mechanic work smoothly.

You sir are an inspiration.

I absolutely support your idea, it's a quick balance that would help the game, COULD YOU IMAGINE HIDING UNDER A BED AND JASON KNEELS DOWN AND STARES AT YOU...

Further expanding on that I would say that if he checks the right bed it would immediately initiate the killing animation as if it didn't the Councellor would have time to escape as Jason displayed his 'check animation'

I'm not sleeping tonight.

You can hide in sleeping bags so there will be hiding places but where can you hide is a great question, because you can run but you can't hide. Well pending your fear meter status then your running might just suck lol :P

I forgot about this! I wonder if hiding in sleeping bags is legit and in 1st person will be creepy especially if the bag starts moving lol then you will be like "oh noooo Jason's got me oh no a tree"!!!!

I forgot about this! I wonder if hiding in sleeping bags is legit and in 1st person will be creepy especially if the bag starts moving lol then you will be like "oh noooo Jason's got me oh no a tree"!!!!

I'm pretty sure I read on Twitter that you can hide in a sleeping bag. Not sure if it is in first person or third though...

I haven't realized until now how scary first person hiding will be >.<

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I read on Twitter that you can hide in a sleeping bag. Not sure if it is in first person or third though...

It's confirmed that every time you hide the camera switches to first person!

Hopefully we'll be able to hide in an unlit fireplace. It'd be an interesting risk/reward thing. And while playing as Jason, it'd be cool to light someone on fire who thought they were safe.

I wonder if Jason will be able to hide under the bed or in the closet for ambush opportunities. He's done it in the movies, afterall.

Didn't even consider this.

That's a goddamn game changer. you can bank on people coming by, just wait there and when they do BAM.

Maybe it's an instant DEATH if they decide to hide in the place jason is.

Then again i guess counselors have no reason to randomly hide.

Maybe there will be items in the closets, posing sort of a risk reward kind of thing?

I mean jason obviously risks losing valuable time by  just staying in a closet.

Didn't even consider this.

That's a goddamn game changer. you can bank on people coming by, just wait there and when they do BAM.

Maybe it's an instant DEATH if they decide to hide in the place jason is.

Then again i guess counselors have no reason to randomly hide.

Maybe there will be items in the closets, posing sort of a risk reward kind of thing?

I mean jason obviously risks losing valuable time by  just staying in a closet.

Well, running into Jason is pretty much a death sentence anyway.

But you have the perfect opportunity to ambush Counselors by hiding in a room and waiting for them, then jumping out at them. Every Jason will have their own strategy, so they shouldn't be restricted by that kind of thing; they should be allowed to hide, regardless of whether or not it would be wasting time. I mean, it's their decision, the game shouldn't limit that.