Sign in to follow this  
Lizzardtong

A small concern.

just somethings that concerns me, might be a bit too Early to ask.

so the Friday Game is gonna be, unless we hit that mark, a Multiplayer-Only game, Fair enough, but for a Multiplayer game we need of course people that play it, sure, we probably will have enough when it hits, especially if we tell everyone about it, but my concern is more the Future Player-base.

at first we probably have tons of people flooding the game since the want to play or learn the game, but that number will degrade over time, maybe people saw something else, or the game got boring.

so after all that talking around, once the game launches, are there Plans for Extra Content? i mean Crystal lake is nice and all, but after a few months people know every single pixel of that map, so we'd need extra content to keep the game fresh.

As i said, might be too early to ask, i mean we don't even have a Beta yet. but i just don't want to see that the game is bursting with players at launch, and is a deserted village 2 months later.

just somethings that concerns me, might be a bit too Early to ask.

so the Friday Game is gonna be, unless we hit that mark, a Multiplayer-Only game, Fair enough, but for a Multiplayer game we need of course people that play it, sure, we probably will have enough when it hits, especially if we tell everyone about it, but my concern is more the Future Player-base.

at first we probably have tons of people flooding the game since the want to play or learn the game, but that number will degrade over time, maybe people saw something else, or the game got boring.

so after all that talking around, once the game launches, are there Plans for Extra Content? i mean Crystal lake is nice and all, but after a few months people know every single pixel of that map, so we'd need extra content to keep the game fresh.

As i said, might be too early to ask, i mean we don't even have a Beta yet. but i just don't want to see that the game is bursting with players at launch, and is a deserted village 2 months later.

There has been a lot of discussion on the subject of DLC content . Like many of our other topics it basically always boils down to supply and demand . For me this game is going to be a go to game when it releases , whether I have 1 hour or 5 hours I see myself spending my gaming time playing it . I would guess once the game gets a little more exposure and more in game images are released that our numbers will increase and we will start obtaining more of the stretch goals .

Also rewards such as the Art Book and Steel Case will have way more hype once there is a photo of what it looks like . Stretch Goals have also been discussed as having some or more maps added after the release , so hopefully we will hit some of the maps on the stretch goals chart or there will be enough people willing to support DLC maps after the release .

It also sounds like there will be enough of a " Randomness " in the set up of map areas to mix up the original game map that is should provide a lot of possible set ups . We are all looking forward to seeing those as well :)

Something like this

NzWzTaX.png

or could be like this ...

bsnMR59.jpg

Of course what is there and how many pieces change are still unknown , but this is what I think it will be like and of course I could be wrong . :)

Only the future knows ... and a few others ...

• Like 1

I guess You're right, and as i said, might be too Early to ask.

Would be cool to see if the game sells good, they might include in free updates more things from the strechgoals.

I'm Just Worried, i wanna see this game become a Success, maybe even a GOTY.

One of the main ways the devs plan on stopping the game from becoming boring is that the different interactive elements of the map will be randomized, so where players need to go to get certain objectives done will be different in every game. Even if you do know how every pixel of the campground is laid out, it won't provide much of an advantage other than being able to know where other players are when they describe their surroundings to you since all the weapons, cabins, and other buildings will be different every match. They've also said the map will be relatively large, which makes sense considering it's supposed to be a summer camp. This provides a lot of area for randomization in every match. 

• Like 1

It all comes down to what we can get in there, but we have a solid plan in place and we have a lot planned for the game to keep it engaging and fun. Not talking complete specifics just yet, we've got our plan close to the chest right now...but as it's been said...budget dictates a lot here. 

Regardless, this game is funded and we've got something cool on our hands, we promise ;)

• Like 3

One of the main ways the devs plan on stopping the game from becoming boring is that the different interactive elements of the map will be randomized, so where players need to go to get certain objectives done will be different in every game. Even if you do know how every pixel of the campground is laid out, it won't provide much of an advantage other than being able to know where other players are when they describe their surroundings to you since all the weapons, cabins, and other buildings will be different every match. They've also said the map will be relatively large, which makes sense considering it's supposed to be a summer camp. This provides a lot of area for randomization in every match. 

That looks like it came out of the wiki.