Sign in to follow this  
Punchyhale

How is the game right now on PS4?

I want to grab this, huge like crazy huge fan of Jason but I am really picky about what games I buy.  I have a stack of backlog just wondering how the other players are, is it still hard to find a match, do most use mics?

Save your $$$

You will be disappointed with the wait time just to enter a match...now if your lucky enough to get into a match don't be surprised when it crashes on you 3 mins into the match :)

Quick play is still unreliable. Sometimes you'll get a game in a minute or two, but sometimes it can take far longer. That's pretty much the biggest issue I've had with the PS4 version lately aside from DLC not yet being available.

Regarding mics, they are pretty common. You'll usually find at least one or two people in each session who have one.

2 minutes ago, Punchyhale said:

Guessing, Ill wait for some patching and continue on with Farpoint!

I would advise you to do that, friend. 

Just now, Ban_All_Music said:

I would advise you to do that, friend. 

Ive been watching on twitch, and it seems ok, but its all Steam/Private matches.  I have a decent laptop but not a gaming rig.

2 minutes ago, Punchyhale said:

Ive been watching on twitch, and it seems ok, but its all Steam/Private matches.  I have a decent laptop but not a gaming rig.

Replace "girl" with "game" and this pretty much describes the experience right now.

35 minutes ago, Punchyhale said:

I want to grab this, huge like crazy huge fan of Jason but I am really picky about what games I buy.  I have a stack of backlog just wondering how the other players are, is it still hard to find a match, do most use mics?

I think you should. I've been playing and it's insanely fun. If you're unsure, watch some matches on YouTube and decide for yourself if it looks like something you would enjoy 

I  didn't buy the game to be in private matches either...... this is getting a bit ridiculous it has only been getting worse... oops just got an invite... cool!

• Like 1

Buy the game if you like the film's, yea the "regular" matchmaking lobby wait times suck at the moment. That's why you just go on the Forums or GAMING Communties and join Private Matches which start immediately and ya still get XP and CP. I got it on PS4 and it was worth the money IMO 

I like the game, i mainly play private matches, for more reasons than quick play broke, i also hate rng, i definitely prefer playing as jason, an its a lil annoying when ur in a lobby for 2+ hrs an u nvr play him yet the guy who just joined get him 1st round they r there, or you'll hav ppl who get him in every other match, its rng but i truly hate rng, i like private bc we can set jason, an the way i do it is, i make a list of everyone who joined and set jason based on when they joined the lobby, if new ppl are added they r put behind the person who is currently set as jason, so every1 gets a turn. I keep hearing ppl are n matchmaking for hrs, i will admit matchmaking takes a long time but never have i ever waited for more than 20 mins, it puts me as host in a quick play by 20 mins, which i admit is still way too long to wait. Other than that love 95% of the game, i'd say  if ur ok with using the LFG here then its a good buy if not i'd say wait awhile till its fixed

The long wait somtimes for quick matches is the only real issue. That and the occasional cutting out.