CrazyRalph

Dead by Daylight Discussion Topic

I've decided to switch to Myers with a bit of Huntress on the side simply because Myers best gives you that slasher feel. Also, teabagging him across a pallet hurts the survivors, so you tend to get more respect than most other killers.

7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I've decided to switch to Myers with a bit of Huntress on the side simply because Myers best gives you that slasher feel. Also, teabagging him across a pallet hurts the survivors, so you tend to get more respect than most other killers.

Michael players can choke. The one killer I can’t do anything against. He’s stealthy, and you can’t escape his Evil Within 3. 

21 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I have to admit I've been teabagging survivors as The Pig after they teabag me. It's pretty hilarious.

The pig too. 

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Michael players can choke. The one killer I can’t do anything against. He’s stealthy, and you can’t escape his Evil Within 3. 

You can easily loop him around for days if you're good. The problem is that a good Myers player will build evil off that looper and then he goes and sneaks up on someone who is on a generator then pops EW3 and instadowns or even kills them. With Myers, you are punished for the mistakes of your team even harder than you are with any other killer. You could also try losing Myers entirely by running stealth perks. If you're working on a generator then there is very little you can do to avoid being found but you can escape once he finds you in all but the worst EW3 popping situations.

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

You can easily loop him around for days if you're good. The problem is that a good Myers player will build evil off that looper and then he goes and sneaks up on someone who is on a generator then pops EW3 and instadowns or even kills them. With Myers, you are punished for the mistakes of your team even harder than you are with any other killer. You could also try losing Myers entirely by running stealth perks. If you're working on a generator then there is very little you can do to avoid being found but you can escape once he finds you in all but the worst EW3 popping situations.

Michael with Hex Ruin is a nightmare, the more the match progresses the more he becomes stronger. Michael is never weak at any stage of the game. He’s harder to deal with than a pro Nurse, for me obviously.

1 minute ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Michael with Hex Ruin is a nightmare, the more the match progresses the more he becomes stronger. Michael is never weak at any stage of the game. He’s harder to deal with than a pro Nurse, for me obviously.

Almost everyone runs Ruin, if you aren't a Nurse you pretty much have to if you want even the slightest chance of winning. A pro Nurse is almost unbeatable even by a coordinated 2000+ hour survivor team with meta builds. She breaks the game at high levels of play. I suppose you can hide from the Nurse and just grab the hatch if 2 gens pop, which is harder with Myers because you can't prevent him from finding you in the first place, but he's far weaker.

9 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Almost everyone runs Ruin, if you aren't a Nurse you pretty much have to if you want even the slightest chance of winning. A pro Nurse is almost unbeatable even by a coordinated 2000+ hour survivor team with meta builds. She breaks the game at high levels of play. I suppose you can hide from the Nurse and just grab the hatch if 2 gens pop, which is harder with Myers because you can't prevent him from finding you in the first place, but he's far weaker.

Trust me, I’ve played with pro Nurses, I just build super stealthy (Sprint, Self-Care, Quick and Quiet, Bond). They have a hard time finding me, since I have to walk. With Michael, you can’t tell when he’s near you, and his stupid lunges are pretty much autolock. Idk I’m barely in rank 9, that’s probably why. 

3 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Trust me, I’ve played with pro Nurses, I just build super stealthy (Sprint, Self-Care, Quick and Quiet, Bond). They have a hard time finding me, since I have to walk. With Michael, you can’t tell when he’s near you, and his stupid lunges are pretty much autolock. Idk I’m barely in rank 9, that’s probably why. 

Your observations are correct. You can counter Nurse by being sneaky. Most people don't do that though because the game incentivizes looping and more aggressive play. I can definitely see how a solo survivor can have more trouble with a killer who is harder to hide from than they will with a great chaser. I hate going up against Doctor because you can't even lose him once he's found you.

How have I never noticed this thread lol

Anyways, I can’t wait for the next season. If anybody wants to friend me to play DbD my PSN is the same as my username here.

It's funny as hell, looking at the first few posts about how "F13 is SUPERIOR! LAST YEAR AND DBD TRASH!" .

Now it looks like both games will be kicking F13's ass in it's current state. DBD already is. 

5 hours ago, SUPAH JD said:

It's funny as hell, looking at the first few posts about how "F13 is SUPERIOR! LAST YEAR AND DBD TRASH!" .

Now it looks like both games will be kicking F13's ass in it's current state. DBD already is. 

F13 gives me an 80’s horror movie vibe...sometimes

Last Year will give me a 90’s horror vibe

DbD feels like a more modern horror vibe

I prefer DbD over this game.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:35 PM, Thatguyinktown said:

PZp3yz.gif

0VyGZ7.gif

Lmao good ones! I hope they Add The Creeper from Jeeper Creepers or even Alt skim for the pig so we can play John Kramer.....

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Lmao good ones! I hope they Add The Creeper from Jeeper Creepers or even Alt skim for the pig so we can play John Kramer.....

If they can have Amanda carrying around a body effortlessly, then they could have John too.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:58 AM, TiffanyIsBae said:

I haven't played against a Myers yet, so I can't say I have experienced his terror radius at EW2 and 3, but I have played him quite a bit to know that hit EW3 stab had good range on it. I think the speed and range make it seem like it's auto-lock.

3 hours ago, Flyin_J said:

I haven't played against a Myers yet, so I can't say I have experienced his terror radius at EW2 and 3, but I have played him quite a bit to know that hit EW3 stab had good range on it. I think the speed and range make it seem like it's auto-lock.

I can’t stand a Myers main. You literally can’t do anything about him. 

5 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I can’t stand a Myers main. You literally can’t do anything about him. 

You can loop him around as easily as any other killer, can deprive him of stalking power by breaking line of sight and so long as it isn't a map with a lot of walls like Lerys you can see him coming from a mile away and hide.

53 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

You can loop him around as easily as any other killer, can deprive him of stalking power by breaking line of sight and so long as it isn't a map with a lot of walls like Lerys you can see him coming from a mile away and hide.

A good killer doesn’t get pallet looped. I’m slowly getting better though. Just hate the damn resets and the emblem system.

6 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

A good killer doesn’t get pallet looped. I’m slowly getting better though. Just hate the damn resets and the emblem system.

There's nothing a killer can do about pallet looping unless they are playing specific killers like Nurse and Huntress With the right perks and playstyle you can minimize the pain, but there's no actual counter to looping. It will always waste lots of time if the survivor knows what they are doing.

Stealth can defeat most Killers. If you use the environment to your advantage, and don't mess up skill checks, and know when to leave the generators and hide as soon as you hear the heartbeat, you can end a game pretty early. That was my biggest issue when I started playing, and frankly, it's still an issue for me even if I play tier 1 or 2 Killers. The Doctor is the only good Killer for tracking stealthy players, but you need to zap them so they are in Tier 3 madness.

Remember, if Myers can't see you, he can't build Evil Within. So, stealth is a big factor in playing against him.

I'm sure it's mainly for cosmetics. But, essentially, yes. Buy special money, unlock perks. You may be a shitty player but hey, you got level 1 pro perks.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:29 PM, Flyin_J said:

I'm sure it's mainly for cosmetics. But, essentially, yes. Buy special money, unlock perks. You may be a shitty player but hey, you got level 1 pro perks.

It's all cosmetics, and character unlocks. All this means for the game is that you can now unlock paid DLC characters and their perks with playtime instead of being forced to buy them to play as them, or having to wait for the perk you want to appear in the shrine. Also, there are more clothing options now, and you can grind for most of them. This is good for the game. It means more content, more options, less pay to win and more income for the devs.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:37 AM, MichaelMemers said:

It's all cosmetics, and character unlocks. All this means for the game is that you can now unlock paid DLC characters and their perks with playtime instead of being forced to buy them to play as them, or having to wait for the perk you want to appear in the shrine. Also, there are more clothing options now, and you can grind for most of them. This is good for the game. It means more content, more options, less pay to win and more income for the devs.

I'm surprised there is as much cosmetics for the Killers as there are. Even though Freddy doesn't get any yet.

I was a big supporter of DbD.  But, I've come to absolutely loathe it since the emblem patch and the fact that the devs went against their word.  I don't mind clowns one bit and think a killer clown could have been cool, but the fact they said on their Dev stream they would not put in a clown because it would play off of real phobias then they go ahead and put one in shows me they can't stick to their word.  And instead of a cool looking clown that could have been brutally scary, they add Lester the molester the neighborhood reject as the clown with a hideous laugh and a beer belly the size of an exercise ball.  Then they wanna monetize their customization with micro transactions.  No thanks.  I'll continue to wait for f13 to be fixed.  

8 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I was a big supporter of DbD.  But, I've come to absolutely loathe it since the emblem patch and the fact that the devs went against their word.  I don't mind clowns one bit and think a killer clown could have been cool, but the fact they said on their Dev stream they would not put in a clown because it would play off of real phobias then they go ahead and put one in shows me they can't stick to their word.  And instead of a cool looking clown that could have been brutally scary, they add Lester the molester the neighborhood reject as the clown with a hideous laugh and a beer belly the size of an exercise ball.  Then they wanna monetize their customization with micro transactions.  No thanks.  I'll continue to wait for f13 to be fixed.  

All emblems did is make survivors have to actually try in order to rank up, and make ranking up easier for killers. But of all the things that could sour you on the game and its developers, you choose them changing their mind on whether to use a character archetype?