CrazyRalph

Dead by Daylight Discussion Topic

To the three people who have quoted me and deleted my entire great wall of text- and all have written "STUFF" in there- I laughed my ass off the first time I saw that and I've laughed every time since. Odd things make me laugh. I know I write a lot and am willing to laugh at myself. Well done! :D

Yea, reposting long dialog with something much shorter makes it look odd to me. So i always wright STUFF or WALL OF TEXT or LIGHT NOVEL, Than my response.  :) 

• Like 1

I will say right now: I hate Dead By Daylight.  When I bought the deluxe edition I felt scammed out of my money.  I got fed into the hype after watching some guys play it and hearing about it.  Now I have 70 hours that I will never get back from that waste of time.

And I still don't have my Deluxe edition goodies a month after launch.

I will oppose Dead By Daylight, tooth and nail, wherever the game rears it's ugly head.  Until the VERY BASIC FUNCTIONS of the game are fixed and brain-dead mechanics are replaced, I likely won't touch that game again.

• Like 1

I will say right now: I hate Dead By Daylight.  When I bought the deluxe edition I felt scammed out of my money.  I got fed into the hype after watching some guys play it and hearing about it.  Now I have 70 hours that I will never get back from that waste of time.

And I still don't have my Deluxe edition goodies a month after launch.

I will oppose Dead By Daylight, tooth and nail, wherever the game rears it's ugly head.  Until the VERY BASIC FUNCTIONS of the game are fixed and brain-dead mechanics are replaced, I likely won't touch that game again.

I feel you man. I played DBD since alpha. The Beta was pretty good though tbh, and because they said they'd have everything fixed on launch, I believed them. God I was so wrong. I have not seen a game downgrade so much in so few updates since The Culling.

New DLC tomorrow apparently. Killer is The Hag.

http://www.deadbydaylight.com/chapter3/

Apparently she makes glyph's on the ground that when a survivor gets near them makes a clone of her.

She can let the clone chase them or take over the clone and chase them herself.

Looks like another trap based killer.

Yech. More paid Crappy DLC from DbD. Uninstalled that game after the matches took hours to connect. Really not a good game at all now.

I know the feeling.

The recent patches have been better about it. I played some today for the first time in 3 weeks and like some of the changes.

Lobby's take about 1 min now on both sides. Survivor exploits got shit on (infinite's got shafted). And some of the more annoying perks/Features got adjusted.

Overall they FINALLY made it better... but even than I'm not sure if i wanna fork over cash every time they put out a new killer.

Its going to be a 35$ investment to get into the game now.

Picture a year down the road... we are going to be dealing with a 100+ dollar game...

Yech. More paid Crappy DLC from DbD. Uninstalled that game after the matches took hours to connect. Really not a good game at all now.

It's a shame because the gameplay itself is shallow but the killer design and music is spot on.

• Like 2

I know the feeling.

The recent patches have been better about it. I played some today for the first time in 3 weeks and like some of the changes.

Lobby's take about 1 min now on both sides. Survivor exploits got shit on (infinite's got shafted). And some of the more annoying perks/Features got adjusted.

Overall they FINALLY made it better... but even than I'm not sure if i wanna fork over cash every time they put out a new killer.

Its going to be a 35$ investment to get into the game now.

Picture a year down the road... we are going to be dealing with a 100+ dollar game...

I may give it a reinstall.

But all this DLC is getting frustrating.  If you're gonna make DLC make it things that do not affect how someone can or in this case, cannot play the game.  AKA do skins.  Do unique stuff like that.  Don't make it things that expand the game.  That limits the playerbase.

But all this DLC is getting frustrating.  If you're gonna make DLC make it things that do not affect how someone can or in this case, cannot play the game.  AKA do skins.  Do unique stuff like that.  Don't make it things that expand the game.  That limits the playerbase.

That's just a boring cash-grab. It's not unique and it's not going to keep people occupied for long. Every time DbD releases a new map/killer/survivor DLC, Youtubers start posting new videos about it again, which their followers see and potentially become inspired to buy. That's what the developers want: to keep people interested in the game. Just releasing new skin pack isn't going to occupy people for long.

Just don't buy the DLC... Its garbage and not worth it. The Halloween DLC was only worth the price BECAUSE it was Halloween... the new one is a giant floppy pile of failure.

The new killer is like a shittier slower trapper, her perks are ACTUALLY useless because the mechanic they are tied too is poorly balanced.

Chasing got better due to nerfs to Sprint Burst/ Windows, so running around in the same part of the level OVER AND OVER is less common.

Premades are still cancer.

Flashlights are OP.

Wraith is now playable and actually pretty good now.

Over all the game got a bit better but a lot of things are still broken.

Funny bit of hype info... I was on the dead by daylight twitch about an hour ago and saw half of the top streamers had something like... F13 TOMORROW! as there titles. XD

Hey gang. I was looking forward more to F13, but it wasn't released yet at that time so I chose DbD. 

I had seen that DbD had picked up the license to use Michael Myers so I wanted to give the game a shot. And surprisingly, Myers hasn't even been my favourite killer of the bunch. I find his stalking ability to slow down the game play and give the survivors a better chance at escaping.

Lately it seems like a lot of these more well known 70s-80s movie monsters are getting plucked up into these official video games. Myers in DbD, Freddy Krueger, Jason & Leatherface in Mortal Kombat, and more Jason in the F13 game. I think there was even a mobile Chucky game.

Dead By Daylight?

Please keep away that game from here.

Ugliest and toxic community ever created, a game about trolling each other and no respect after every single match.

I really hope to don't have a community like that here...never ;)

Dead By Daylight?

Please keep away that game from here.

Ugliest and toxic community ever created, a game about trolling each other and no respect after every single match.

I really hope to don't have a community like that here...never ;)

Folks say that about every game..

When a game gets popular those kind of folks show up... nothing you can do about it. Those types of characters come with a bigger player base.

I know Nothingface and the game is not bad, but "Pls nerf killers", "Pls remove decisive strike", "Camper you have to die!!" and words like those have to end.

The problem is that they have a real toxic community and devs are doing NOTHING to stop them.

I'll hope to never see a "Pls Nerf Jason" here or insults after every match :D

• Like 1

Quality DBD patch...

They have a bug where you can use any killer weapon on ANY killer.

Use Myers with a chainsaw for NO TERROR RADIUS chainsaw action.

Pure trolling.

(Apologies for the french, but this is making me go Bathrobe Tarantino in pulp fiction)

I think the main reason DBD's so popular is that after 5 years of the gaming market being filled to the brim with shit, that it starts overflowing into everyone's floors, nobody gives a shit anymore. When your septic tank has overfilled your home to the point that the only thing on your dinner plate is the shit that's accumulated from the last five years, you get used to eating shit. Like it's gotten to the point you don't even taste the shit at this point.

So out comes DBD, it's shit with corn in it. It's still shit, but it's different shit! So people flock to it, and they eat it up, it's the only thing out right now, and it's different, so why not?

The main problem isn't that people have bad tastes, it's just that so much horrible things have come out that everyone's standards are so low that they don't feel like they've had a choice.

It's not with indie games either, but full on triple A games. Out of all the big games that came out in the last few years, the only good ones I can name are GTA V( Though it's debatable based on certain opinions, I am aware it's community is flat cancer) Dying light (Story's not great, more of a guilty pleasure, but the gameplay more than makes up for it, never seen a cinematic trailer be completely honest about the content in game!) Alien Isolation (There's absolutely nothing bad I can say about this one, perfect single player experience!) and Doom( Multiplayer wasn't great, but singleplayer was everything Doom was supposed to be!)

In terms of indie games, people don't like to be ambitious, most of the famous indie games are either shitty survival sims( I'll get to that in a moment) or feels trip rpg adventure games (looking at you Lisa and Undertale!) Now these concepts aren't entirely bad, and in the latter's case, they're pretty good, despite being more and more common at this point, but for the former, well shit.

Dayz, H1z1, The Culling, WarZ(now called infestation), Rust, now all of those are fucking terrible. Buggy messes with no real 'survival' in it. You find guns, and you kill other players. The permadeath doesn't even matter, because you can build camps or loot caves to put all your excess shit in. You die? Go and get more guns and kill the people that killed you. Then put all the shit back in the loot cave. Not only is the gameplay bad, but basic mechanics, shit like falling through the maps, shitty AI, ugly graphics, they plague every one of those games. DayZ removed their zombies because there were so many bugs with it! The Z is false advertisement!

So DBD comes out.

Here's the problem with DBD. Last Year and F13 were announced long before DBD.

DBD only appeared back in February with it's early alpha access. I played the alpha. Prolly breaking terms of service and shit, but fuck it.

The Alpha was near identical to the released game. Nothing changed except "muh window juking". Now why does it's announcement and early access have anything to do with it?

Well, both F13 and Last Year were announced way earlier than that, hell, they were announced years before DBD.

DBD says they were working on it for six years, but if you pay attention to their streams, that six years equivocates to "playing two player mode in unity engine".

DBD was announced the latest, yet it only took them what? Four to six months to release the full game? Yet people call it great, even though it's a buggy piece of shit?

Why?

"It's not early access." People caught on to "Early Access" being synonomous with "never going to be finished" so most games released their alphas as the finished release copy, with a silent update removing early access from their title.

How long has it been for F13? Two, maybe three years for a Beta? That's almost unheard of! And I read the youtube comments, people are bitching about how the alpha looks like shit, etc etc.

Then it hits me.

I got an epithane or however the fuck you calls it. People are so used to shit, that Alpha gameplay to them might as well be the full game. They're not used to seeing something actually be finished. But when the actual playable beta released, everyone's minds were blown.

Of course 2016 was a horrible year for games, but there is a silver lining.

People are becoming sort of aware about what's going on. The next call of duty got review bombed, No Man's Sky got ganked (If it came out around the H1Z1, DayZ craze, it'd have been called revolutionary) people are getting pissed at Ubisoft for it's cheap tricks. People are getting fed up with shit on their dinner plates.

The culling was the most recent survival deathmatch game, and the devs ran it into the ground. Rather than accepting it like the other survival game playerbases, the players simply asked for them to fix it. When the devs declined; they left.

That's all it took. 17000 players to 70 in under 6 months. 

People are starting to catch on that even though DBD is shit with corn in it (Actual corn!) it's still shit. Reviews are dropping, people are saying switch to f13, etc.

Basically, while the last 5 years have been pretty bad, I think we can look forward to good shit in the future, as people are getting fed up with the same old song and dance bullshit of half finished game with the other half released as dlc.

As mentioned earlier F13 blew everyone's minds. Hell, when I played it, I felt not only a nostalgia for the classic films, but a nostalgia to the ps2 era. Why would I compare a game with today's content to that of something ten years ago? Well it's not necessarily the content, but the quality of the content, and the effort put into it. The couch co-op years of playstation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube were sort of the golden years of gaming, with the ps1, and n64 era being the renaissance age. Why were they? They didn't have good graphics or online multiplayer? Well their games were finished, people spent time and effort into them, and you couldn't just put any old shit on the markets, as set standards wouldn't allow it, or nobody would buy it. The ps2 era was the highlight era of gaming as every game that came out was a cult classic. The era that followed would be one of mediocrity that seeped into the pure shit that was the last half decade.

Is F13 shit? Hell naw. Is F13 THE shit? Hell yes. Everything about it is great, and even some few problems it's got aren't game breaking. The fact that the devs actually put work into fixing a beta that's been open for only a weekend says enough about what they really feel about the game.

With player's reactions to new releases, along with Dev teams like Illfonic, I have high hopes for games coming out in the next few years, as F13th is only the first in a group of games that'll bring fun back into gaming.

TL:DR?

Games have been shit for so long that people can't really tell what's good or bad anymore, but it's starting to change. The bar's steadily raising. The main reason shit like DBD is so popular is everything else is bad too, so it's justified. But as mentioned, standards are raising.

The more I play Dead by Daylight the more I really despise it. To me it seems like the game is unbalanced, tedious, and at times down right aggravating. I feel it has a defective, fragmented gameplay style. The community I've encountered in DbD also doesn't help; Players are very quick to fight with one another and harass. I hate that.

I cross my fingers in the hopes that the F13 game will be far removed, and far better than anything DbD could come close to.  

Dead By Daylight is a game who have the same old bugs we found during the closed beta period in June.

DEVS have done NOTHING to clean their game and make it better and after some months, from the official release, they keep pushing out some new b2p DLC, one of every 2 months.

Community in one of the most toxic ever found in 20 years of online games and after 6 days of Friday The 13th closed beta I never found players who rage quit and cries after every single match.

For what I've seen (I respect them very much) the F13th developers will not commit the same mistakes as DBD.

This is a REAL online/survival game where only the most skilled and clever manage to save themselves from the fury of a powerful killer and this leaves no room for whinings.  :P

• Like 1

Just read this. I'm actually looking forward to this, as long as the Michael Myers DLC is coming too. I've never played it but maybe it'll be out before 'Early 2017' and give me something to play.

Unless there are drastic changes from the PC version, I've kinda had my fill of it and then some, from Laphin's streams alone.

So, I'll very likely hang fire until F13th comes out and just play that.

Unless there are drastic changes from the PC version, I've kinda had my fill of it and then some, from Laphin's streams alone.

So, I'll very likely hang fire until F13th comes out and just play that.

Hopefully the certification process that Sony and Microsoft put games through (You know, the one that the majority of posters on this forum are bitching about ) will force them to address some of the varies problems listed.  If it's cheap enough (maybe even a free game via Monthly games with gold) and Friday the 13th hasn't been released yet........then I might be just tempted to try it out,.

Honestly it pales in comparison to F13th, but I'm still playing it. It's got some good, scary moments, player agency plays a huge role with the hook rescue mechanic (do you rescue other survivors or rush generators to repair them safely as the survivor is dying).

It's fun, pretty balanced, but compared to the wealth of tasks, scenarios, characters offered by F13th, it's star power, it's ambiance and 80s throwback setting, it just doesn't hold up.

Don't have much choice to play it though since early 2017 is so long xd

Honestly the whole hook thing makes this game really unappealing to me. Comparing this game to F13 and Last Year I just don't like that the killers don't really kill people themselves, just puts them on hooks.

But I'll give them credit, there killers designs are much more creative and interesting then Last Year's designs