Sign in to follow this  
westwarren

gameplay suggestions (editted 6/12/2017)

good day to all

while the game is very fun in my eyes as it does capture most of what it intends to portray, i can't help but feel more time should have been taken into balancing and tweaking certain things.

lets take a look at the rather annoying things in the game, beginning with

JASONS CAPABILITIES

1.) TRAPS

- jason being able to place traps was a great way to disable players trying to escape through windows, or trying to achieve an objective, but in the end.... there is one small problem, there is no way to counter the jason trap other than just stepping on it, now people might say that it adds difficutly to the game...yes it does, but it also makes the game too difficult

EXAMPLE,  there was once a game where i played against a jason who booby trapped the car, so i decided... ok, ill be smart, ill just go fix the phone box and call the police....and what do i see?.... another booby trap, so basically, 2 of 3 objectives to escape are now un-achievable due to the traps set in place

EDIT 06/12/2017   figured out that you could disable traps with the knife, but being as rare as it is.... there needs to be more more options to disable the trap, because if you use your knife it, it will alert jason regardless, so now you're going to need that knife you just used... poor balancing tbh

2.) GRAB

- grabs aren't fun at all....fact is its incredible easy to abuse, , and let me give you 2 completely separate scenarios that explain why 

SCENARIO 1 - i swing at jason with a weapon, but grabs me in the middle of my animation... dead

SCENARIO 2 - jason grabs someone initiates the kill animation in front of me within less than a second.... im unable to save my team mate because jason is invulnerable, thats incredibly unfair

so...to be fair, whats the point of even having a combat system on jason when the only thing youre going to do is grab someone for a free kill whether or not they have a weapon?, it defeats the purpose entirely, also i should be able to save players before jason runs them through with his blade 

3.) STALK

- unfortunately every jason, plays almost the same

spawn in an area, and chase, kill, repeat, there aren't too many avenues of approach, why can't the slower jasons just have stalk from the beginning and just hunt players using stealth instead of chasing them down till they run out of stamina?, giving certain jasons (ones that can't run) stalk early on gives players new avenues of approach on how to hunt players

4.) THE 360 RUN 

when you trying to aim the gun at jason.... just run around till the counselor wastes his shot, or till your phase regenerates, its very silly to look at

or when a counselor has a melee weapon, just do a 180 when he swings and then grab him, its pretty cheesy

i was hoping for players both jason and counselors to receive a brief speed reduction when making sharp directional changes during their sprint for both the counselors and jason

now with that being said, lets all move on to the

COUNSELORS GAMEMECHANICS

1.) PLAYERS WITH PARTS THAT DIED 

- ok...so lets face it, playing as a counselor is a hit or miss.... it can be fun at times, or it can blow ass when you get caught out first, you start off with 7 players, but the game gets harder and harder when you lose players before getting any of the objectives achieved, even worse, what if the player that died off had one of the parts that you needed to escape?.... how on earth will you find that now?, there had been many games where a counselor died with the part, and we have no idea on where he/she died to get the part

hoping to at least have death marks placed on the maps, so we could see have a chance to scavenge the parts that a player may have had, also it would be nice to see what item the player has on the score board 

2.) CABINETS AND BEDS HIDING MECHANIC

- the breathing mechanic and the "oh i hope he doesnt see me" voice line has got to go 

3.) PERKS

- lets face it, some of the perks i will never use, the only perks i will ever take are the ones that increases my chances of survival, perks like drive faster when alone are among many perks that are just down right useless 

the developer should add multiple perk boxes that have different categories, survival perk box, detection perk box, fear perk box, objective perk boxes, otherwise most of these perks will never be used by players

now we come to an end, it took me a while to type all of these, i know im not the best at typing things out, but i'm trying to help the game out, because the game is something that was created out of love and determination, and together we could help make the game a whole lot better 

4) CREATE A COUNSELOR

- pls let use create our own counselors 

5.) EDIT 6/12/2017 BREAKFREE MECHANIC

- Im not entirely sure on how to balance this well, but the only thing i could think out

there needs to be a delay in jasons execution, the current break free mechanic is utterly useless since jason can initiate a kill animation at any given time

my suggestion is that, breakfree should weaken as the players health lowers, the lower the health, the lower the break free capability, but it also goes hand in hand with balancing jason's grab

MISCELLANEOUS 

WEATHER SYSTEM

- imagine trying to escape from jason in a dark rainy and stormy night, that would be a dynamic gameplay to see

EDIT 6/09/17- when it rains in the map, when ever jason uses phase/and or teleport, replace the screen discoloration with a flash of lightning for dramatic effect

P.S. add freddy kreuger DLC ;)

the last idea you have about the rain and stormy weather should definitely be added in just like how GTA does it at random times. A majority of the F13 movies have stormy weather in it after all lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

the last idea you have about the rain and stormy weather should definitely be added in just like how GTA does it at random times. A majority of the F13 movies have stormy weather in it after all lol!

indeed most of the scary movies end up with some form of weather, it would be nice to have that, i would like to see , lightning, rain, mist, or even fog occassionally in game 

other than the weather, what about all the other suggestions?, any feedback on that?

So my biggest issue with jason so far is the fact that when he shifts he can move in font of a moving car that the counselors are driving away in and even though he is shifted, when the car touches him, the car is stopped and disabled immediately. its gives jason a free smash on the car. its kinda bullshit that when he isnt corporeal and all that he gets a free smash on the car. he can walk through bear traps just fine and counselors cant hit jason when he shifts but he gets a free disable on a car? it makes escaping by car ridiculous. im not saying that if someone were to shift and then un shift in front of the car that they shouldnt get to smash the car but they should have to un shift their selves to get that smash. maybe im just complaining but it would be a great adjustment to make escape by car more doable. 

And then onto the whole grab discussion. the grab is super overpowered, and i get that jason is supposed to be strong but its like he said, jason grabs you and hits the kill buttton immediately and your SOL. no one can do anything about it, especially the esophagus crush kill that requires no room to do so its the fastest and most effective kill because it starts up so quickly as well. I have seen a few ideas that i liked that would be good changes for that as well such as that when in combat stance, players could maybe be invulnerable to the grab when dodging or that when players swing in combat stance, they cant be interrupted by the grab. these two alone would make combat stance a much bigger part of the game. as it stands now, not many people use it because jason can just grab you out of it or he will just swing without using his combat stance either. this would make it so that when a counselor swings, jason has to block or get hit, resulting in a potential stun. Another good change that would balance the grab is, jason can only grab wounded counselors. now that may sound like a shit change because people will bitch that jasons super strong and shouldnt have to hurt them to kill them, but that is a great way to go back to making it so that counslers have more survivability. it doesnt take but two seconds to swing jasons weapon and damage a counselor and then he can grab no problem. of course when players try to climb through windows or get in cars or boats then of course jason should be able to grab them even if theyre perfectly healthy as a balance to make sure that the counselors arent to powerful either. a different balance option would be to give counselors more time after being grabbed to escape jasons grasp by delaying the activation time of jasons kill animations. 

But these are just my two cents on the matter. i have a few other ideas but these are the ones i would really like to see in the game if possible.

• Like 1

i dont think ive ever dealt with a situation where where phasing jason just gets a free smash on the vehicle... what platform are you playing on?

1 minute ago, kyuubi2222 said:

xbox one

i play on pc, and phasing out jason has never gotten a free smash whenever he phases out to chase us 

sorry for the rocky release on the console, i hope they fix it soon 

Nah, its all good, its just a bit of a bummer that it happens but itll all be sorted eventually, i just figured id give my opinion on some changes that i thought'd be good balancing stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kyuubi2222 said:

Nah, its all good, its just a bit of a bummer that it happens but itll all be sorted eventually, i just figured id give my opinion on some changes that i thought'd be good balancing stuff.

wish the devs could implement crossplay one day