JimmyChanga

Dev's not suspending/banning people for exploiting/griefing Quickplay lobbies?

5 minutes ago, ToxiCrow said:

Right there.  That is where it is said.  Climbing the rocks to be unreachable interferes with proper operation of the game and is therefore a violation.  

As for why I don't switch lobbies is easy.  I like to punish the wicked.  I want that person to leave so I'll wait til the next opportunity if I don't get them and I'll kill them then and every time afterwards.  If I get Jason I'll let everyone else escape as I hunt them mercilessly because they deserve it.  I am a vindictive asshole but I'm honest about it at least. You're defending cheating but not admitting to it.  If you are fine with cheating then that is on you, but at least own it.  Don't try and act like because it isn't said specifically to not climb on rocks that it's ok.  It's not.  We all know it's not.  They know it's not and are trying to fix it.  If you are fine with people doing it then that is your choice. Just don't act like it's an ok thing to do.  Just own being an asshole like I do.  The only difference being I'm an asshole with morals and the rules on my side.

That's some extremely loose interpretation of that wording. If the game let's you do it, not quite interfering is it?

I'm not OK with cheating, I'm just NOT an asshole who wants ban people because they climb a rock. That's how these games get fixed, glitches are found and devs fix them.

I already agreed to your tiered system of climbing to a perm ban, but you're still so hellbent on proving how horrible people are for doing something the game LETS you do.

At least you admit you just want to see the world burn. I would rather everyone just get to enjoy this game. If someone is being dumb, devs should warn them to cut the shit.

10 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

That's some extremely loose interpretation of that wording. If the game let's you do it, not quite interfering is it?

I'm not OK with cheating, I'm just NOT an asshole who wants ban people because they climb a rock. That's how these games get fixed, glitches are found and devs fix them.

I already agreed to your tiered system of climbing to a perm ban, but you're still so hellbent on proving how horrible people are for doing something the game LETS you do.

At least you admit you just want to see the world burn. I would rather everyone just get to enjoy this game. If someone is being dumb, devs should warn them to cut the shit.

The game letting you do something does not mean it is ok to do it.  That is what my point has been the whole time.  Not how terrible people are.  I don't care how terrible people are because I generally hate people.  A person can be fine and friends are different but everyday people are annoying and a pain to deal with.  Also it's not a lose interpretation.  Game = Jason kills counselors; Counselors try to escape Jason.  Doing anything intentionally to make either of these impossible is in violation such as getting into a spot where Jason cannot reach a counselor.  The only point I've tried to make is that and that alone.

Also I just enjoy arguing and this is something I see as worth it.  Telling people it's ok cause the game lets you is silly so I argue it.  Many MMOs let you dupe items at first.  You can still get banned if found out.  As I said: Just because a game let's you doesn't mean it's ok.

1 minute ago, ToxiCrow said:

The game letting you do something does not mean it is ok to do it.  That is what my point has been the whole time.  Not how terrible people are.  I don't care how terrible people are because I generally hate people.  A person can be fine and friends are different but everyday people are annoying and a pain to deal with.  Also it's not a lose interpretation.  Game = Jason kills counselors; Counselors try to escape Jason.  Doing anything intentionally to make either of these impossible is in violation such as getting into a spot where Jason cannot reach a counselor.  The only point I've tried to make is that and that alone.

Also I just enjoy arguing and this is something I see as worth it.  Telling people it's ok cause the game lets you is silly so I argue it.  Many MMOs let you dupe items at first.  You can still get banned if found out.  As I said: Just because a game let's you doesn't mean it's ok.

I never said it was OK because the game let you do it. I am saying if the game let's you do something, it's not as severe as someone who does something much worse.

My only point of contention was that there can't be a straight jump to perm a ban, especially not without sufficient evidence on the dev's part that they know they've done it before.

The last thing I'm gonna say is I still agree with your first post of having a tier going from 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 30 days to finally a perm ban for repast assholes.

If you still agree with what you proposed originally, I say we agree to disagree on the rest.

1 minute ago, Jason Lives said:

I never said it was OK because the game let you do it. I am saying if the game let's you do something, it's not as severe as someone who does something much worse.

My only point of contention was that there can't be a straight jump to perm a ban, especially not without sufficient evidence on the dev's part that they know they've done it before.

The last thing I'm gonna say is I still agree with your first post of having a tier going from 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 30 days to finally a perm ban for repast assholes.

If you still agree with what you proposed originally, I say we agree to disagree on the rest.

Fair enough.  Good day to you.

I don't understand people who donate to these streamers. Their money isn't going to a worthy cause or anything.

• Like 1

I just got out of a match where one player was going around killing everyone else and was potentially a friend of the Jason player, as they were left unmolested by said Jason consistently.  To the point that when they wanted to escape Jason literally let them leave without trying to stop them.

:(

17 minutes ago, disco romance said:

I don't understand people who donate to these streamers. Their money isn't going to a worthy cause or anything.

Since we have cured every disease and there is no more homelessness or world hunger, got to donate to something...right? ?

19 minutes ago, disco romance said:

Are you talking about streamers in general? I've subscribed to multiple streamers on Twitch. If someone is offering me hours of free entertainment, I want to support them.

17 minutes ago, StuntmanSnake said:

Are you talking about streamers in general? I've subscribed to multiple streamers on Twitch. If someone is offering me hours of free entertainment, I want to support them.

It's not free if you support them.

43 minutes ago, disco romance said:

It's bizarre, not something I get either. 

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

It's not free if you support them.

Your argument is invalid. Nobody has to pay them anything. It's my choice to support them.

Just now, StuntmanSnake said:

Your argument is invalid. Nobody has to pay them anything. It's my choice to support them.

No one has to, they're just reminded that they can continually. ;)

My argument is completely valid- it stops being free when you give them money. At that point, you have never received a "free service" because you have now paid them.

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

My argument is completely valid- it stops being free when you give them money. At that point, you have never received a "free service" because you have now paid them.

I don't donate usually to streamers, but a paid service is a service rendered for a fee, if said service continues with or without fee, it's still a free service.

He just chose to pay them because he wanted to support them. Wanted to is the key phrase there. Meh either way.

On 6/3/2017 at 5:50 PM, bewareofbears said:

I disagree. Just because I choose to support them does not mean their content is no longer being shared for free. The fact still remains that the service is being provided at no cost.

1 hour ago, Jason Lives said:

Climbing a Rock to avoid a Jason kill is cheating end of story.

Just now, Redcat345 said:

Climbing a Rock to avoid a Jason kill is cheating end of story.

You guys really love to hold people's feet over the coals.

wow the crying here never stops does it. same sad story since beta about everything from trolling players to cheaters or exploiters. you know a lot of people might not cheat if the game was actually fun and balanced and not a one sided game that ends in under 2 mins most of the time due to poor development.

7 hours ago, Jason Lives said:

You guys really love to hold people's feet over the coals.

Because cheaters really f@#$ us off and are scum of the earth.

@MattyFresh @AldermachXI none of that. It seems you have settled this before I came across it so I will not issue warnings however take this as a verbal that this type of posting is unacceptable. 

On 6/3/2017 at 0:28 PM, AldermachXI said:

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Hold your horses...

Most streamers aren't trolls. It's bad for viewership. No one watches that garbage.

How OTHER people behave when they know there's a streamer in the match is a completely different story. They're looking for their 15 minutes...But my stream focuses on showing people how to play the game properly. Just the other night, I took a bunch of randoms under my wing and got everyone together, armed, and we managed to install the battery, gas up the car, AND get away while Jason was attacking us.

This was due to my "cancer", apparently. After the match, 3 of those Counselors friended me, and everyone watching on stream was going nuts. Think a couple of them even started following me on twitch.

Trolls are certainly a problem. But don't go bad mouthing streamers. That's a silly generalization. But something tells me you probably do this in most aspects of your life...

Seems like you focus on exploits and think certain skins are broken, which is kind of funny.. At least you are streaming exploits so when they do start banning, they have someone to be in the first wave.

15 hours ago, derrickkolba said:

wow the crying here never stops does it. same sad story since beta about everything from trolling players to cheaters or exploiters. you know a lot of people might not cheat if the game was actually fun and balanced and not a one sided game that ends in under 2 mins most of the time due to poor development.

If most of your games don't last 2 minutes, you are doing something terribly wrong. 

2 hours ago, carnage4u said:

Seems like you focus on exploits and think certain skins are broken, which is kind of funny.. At least you are streaming exploits so when they do start banning, they have someone to be in the first wave.

lolwut? OP is talking about MomoHart, not me.

I've never done a single exploit, personally. My point was: this streamer that he showed the screenshot of (MomoHart) may have been using an exploit. But to lump all streamers into that problem is ridiculous.

Nearly every match you go into has someone pulling some kind of dick move like this. It's not streamers. Streamers are more than likely going to be the better players - They play with groups often, and they know how to play the game properly. I had some great rounds the other night. Even played a Private Match with Randy on the last F13 Dev Stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149075429. Very last round.

I can't say this enough even if I'm already sick of it but...

Just play private. All problems solved.

Never use quick play, it's cancer.

(Don't Tell me you have no friends, PS4 Community feature or steam forum should give you nice, friendly and fair groups in seconds)

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, Jason Lives said:

You need to stop being so salty. I've never intentionally used a glitch, cause I would have no fun standing someone for 20 minutes, but for crying out loud, they are just standing somewhere the devs haven't fixed a patch. Let's not act like they are saying racial slurs at people, intentionally running around killing all their teammates and whatever is a real problem. 

You realize there are plenty of steps that can be taken before banning someone outright? Like maybe a email warning them not sue said glitches again, and then the devs actually fix them? Maybe? I know if I got banned from a game online and that was the only way to play, I'm getting my money back, cause that shit is stupid. Again, I don't use these glitches, it's just a matter of principal. I'm not sure why you care so much if some twerks can last 20 minutes without being killed. Move to a different lobby after the game and move on with your life.

I'm not being salty. I'm saying abusing exploits is the same as cheating. Period.

Sure, but why should continued exploitation be continually met with warnings? At what point do you say enough is enough? Also if you don't use them, then why defend their use? My point is, continued use and abuse of exploits should be bannable. Yes they need to be fixed, but you have to have the will power and good sportsmanship to not use them intentionally. Anything else is just unacceptable and shows the quality of your character.

6 hours ago, carnage4u said:

If most of your games don't last 2 minutes, you are doing something terribly wrong. 

you must not have played enough because you will find out that it can happen in less then 2 mins.

I had literally not played a game online since STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT 2 back on the original XBOX, and - after a rocky beginning - I really have had next to no problems finding games in both private matches and quickplay matches.

When somebody is awesome in a quickplay match, I friend them, and then I have more options to find games later.

When somebody is an asshole, I block them, and then I don't have to worry about their doucheyness.

And sometimes, when no friends are online and I don't feel like the randomness of quickplay, I look through my list of recent players and join into one of their games.

I figured all of this out, on my own, within days. This isn't brain surgery, and anyone whining about "I shouldn't HAVE to make friends to play a game I bought!" or "I shouldn't HAVE to block jerks of my own volition!" or, my favorite, "I just don't LIKE people!"....

Well, maybe an online MULTIPLAYER game wasn't the best call then, huh?

Geez...

• Like 1