KidFlash000

Jason's Morph Time in the Beginning of the Game Concerns

6 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Please elaborate how Jason is wasting time when he has a double kill in the first 2 minutes? That makes absolutely no sense.

He's stating "wasting time" as in didn't go to destroy generators to stop a Tommy Jarvis and/or Police call first.

Putting a trap on the fuse-box and around the car after destroying generators stops the counselors from calling in the cops or easily starting up the car.

Were you to chase two early kills, but someone calls the cops.  It's pretty easy for the counselors to just dodge Jason for 4ish minutes and running to exit for easy escape.  

Honestly, I see more people escape via cops than any other mechanic.  Hell, the car takes more effort to get started but is VERY easy for Jason to stop with the morph ability.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:09 PM, XFistsClenchedX said:

Jason being able to get to you before you can really do anything is stupid. Here's a video of Jason attacking me in the first 20 seconds of the match (Yes, I know I wasted a little time at the start - partly because I wait for the mini map to materialize). I barely make it into a cabin and the cabin I get into is worthless. I'm dead just after the first minute of the game and have to wait about 19 minutes for anything to happen again. This doesn't happen too often, but it shouldn't happen at all. 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnrukaIZFZPB1WQ462gexkF2xtKL

The biggest culprit is when the game spawns you at a major lodge. You're guaranteed to be attacked immediately and the cabins nearby are usually nearly worthless for protection.

You deserved to die. Your mini map was up and you stood there doing nothing.

7 minutes ago, amberheardfan said:

You deserved to die. Your mini map was up and you stood there doing nothing.

What killed him was jumping out the window without opening it first...not the 3-5 seconds he wasted standing there.

Just now, munkt0r said:

What killed him was jumping out the window without opening it first...not the 3-5 seconds he wasted standing there.

Standing around. Not opening a window. He flopped and deserved to die lol

40 minutes ago, KidFlash000 said:

That's the problem, sometimes Jason just spawns at a cabin and starts killing instantly not giving us any time to do anything making the game not fair or fun in a way. 

Yeah. Even a ten second headstart would be nice.

28 minutes ago, KidFlash000 said:

So if the point of the game is for the counslers not to survive, why did they add options to escape? I understand that it's supposed to be like the movies but seriously. 

Have you ever played Dark Souls? Its very similar its very similar in the way that you die and die and die again. You fight these bosses over an over again theey are superior to you in every single way and many of them only need one of their strong hits on you and you're done for.

Its the same with Friday the 13th, its meant to be very hard to escape. You have to work for it and you need that little bit of luck too. If you are real lucky you can escape in the first 6 minutes.

22 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

He's stating "wasting time" as in didn't go to destroy generators to stop a Tommy Jarvis and/or Police call first.

Putting a trap on the fuse-box and around the car after destroying generators stops the counselors from calling in the cops or easily starting up the car.

Were you to chase two early kills, but someone calls the cops.  It's pretty easy for the counselors to just dodge Jason for 4ish minutes and running to exit for easy escape.  

Honestly, I see more people escape via cops than any other mechanic.  Hell, the car takes more effort to get started but is VERY easy for Jason to stop with the morph ability.

Well, it's just a different approach. If your goal is to kill every single counselor, which it normally is ofc, I still cannot see anything wrong with 2 quick kills early in the round if it happens so. Maybe you're even close to something related to power or the fuse box? Every round is different regarding the spawns of everyone and everything so there is no rule of thumb imo. I try to adapt newly every round tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Well, it's just a different approach. If your goal is to kill every single counselor, which it normally is ofc, I still cannot see anything wrong with 2 quick kills early in the round if it happens so. Maybe you're even close to something related to power or the fuse box? Every round is different regarding the spawns of everyone and everything so there is no rule of thumb imo. I try to adapt newly every round tbh. 

In the time you got those two quick kills - someone might have called the cops.

If you trap the fuse-box, nobody calls the cops without you knowing.

9/10 times - the most used escape is the cops.

I get that there are "playstyles" to discuss, but really, end of the day the cops are the easiest and most used escape.

24 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Please elaborate how Jason is wasting time when he has a double kill in the first 2 minutes? That makes absolutely no sense.

If during the time you spent chasing two people down, any progress is made on fixing the other escape avenues, then it was wasted time.  If even one counselor escapes, I lost.   They won - they distracted me, they got past my traps, they worked together to chain stun me....whatever they did, they got out. They, as a team, won.  

Many people seem to have it in their heads that they won if they themselves survive, regardless of what happens with teammates, or lost if they die - even if the others all survive.  But this is after all a many vs. one game.  And that's the problem, everyone gets mad that THEY died in the first couple of minutes and don't even care what happens in the overall match.   It's evident with the number of "whatever it takes to survive" posts - especially with team killers.  

Those two minutes could be better spent putting traps down at another point, or breaking power boxes so that fear builds faster and you more easily sense the players.  In the time it takes for me to chase down the others, the phone box could have been repaired and the cops called.  Now I'm on the clock to get them.  I mean that's the whole purpose of characters like Vanessa - distract Jason while others repair.  

Just now, munkt0r said:

In the time you got those two quick kills - someone might have called the cops.

If you trap the fuse-box, nobody calls the cops without you knowing.

9/10 times - the most used escape is the cops.

I get that there are "playstyles" to discuss, but really, end of the day the cops are the easiest and most used escaped.

Well, I've had rounds where the fuse was found 15 minutes into the game or maybe not at all. Maybe you've experienced it like that but I'd beg to differ. 

8 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

If your goal is to kill every single counselor

Well, yes, that has to be the goal.  The match ends when there are no more active players (or time runs out) - the only two ways to be no longer active is to escape or to have been killed.  

I still cannot see anything wrong with 2 quick kills early in the round if it happens so.

Also, one kill I could see - but for two to be killed that quickly really does show something was wrong in the communication of the players - they would have had to run towards each other instead of away, no decent attempts at hiding, etc.  

Even when you have that no mic Vanessa player training jason to LaCappa's spot, you usually expect Vanessa to make it out of their.... 

Edited by Aurick411
add additional quote

lol...if I'm Jason, the cops never get called. I trap the fuse box off the break and if I hear it snap, I Morph there and kill the person in the trap. Usually placing another one right after...I don't waste my traps by placing them outside windows. I just Shift to those poor suckers...

Jason shouldn't get traps automatically. He should have to find them.

If this was the case, his Morph ability from the start wouldn't be a problem anymore. Because even if Jason Morph right to you, he doesn't have Sense yet, and Shift will come after that. If you can't survive that, well...you need more help than you think.

• Like 1

I'm opposed to nurfing, but I can definitely see this argument. I have been attacked by Jason before I could open the door/window to my first cabin.

As AJ, that's a death sentence. And when you have to wait another 20 minutes to play it is annoying.

That said, like many points of contention, this doesn't happen all the time. And whenever I'm being hunted, I try to drag it out as long as possible so I'm giving the other councilors more time to get parts and escape.

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Jason shouldn't get traps automatically. He should have to find them.

I'm torn on this - I supposed I'd have to see how easy it was to find them and how long the animation is to pick them up.  (I would hope at least a single one was in his cabin).  They'd also have to tweak part 2, 7, and 9 for their strengths/weaknesses regarding traps.  

I actually feel this could worsen the situation - as without having traps, the first thing that I would do would be to spawn to a major location and actively look for players in that area - instead of simply laying traps then leaving.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aurick411 said:

I'm torn on this - I supposed I'd have to see how easy it was to find them and how long the animation is to pick them up.  (I would hope at least a single one was in his cabin).  They'd also have to tweak part 2, 7, and 9 for their strengths/weaknesses regarding traps.  

I actually feel this could worsen the situation - as without having traps, the first thing that I would do would be to spawn to a major location and actively look for players in that area - instead of simply laying traps then leaving.  

I feel like this is probably what would happen.

I made a suggestion in the suggestion forum that traps be a skill check to disarm, even if it is a hard one. You could then have the traps be rusty and make noises if the person fails, or maybe even have it snap on them if they fail.

This would make it so Jason putting 3-4 traps on one objective doesn't completely remove it from the game (It's easy to hold 'R' down for 2 seconds...think of all the work it takes to get the car going. He can stop it once and put a bunch of traps outside the door), but would still create a barrier for the counselors to overcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SolidusPrime said:

I feel like this is probably what would happen.

I made a suggestion in the suggestion forum that traps be a skill check to disarm, even if it is a hard one. You could then have the traps be rusty and make noises if the person fails, or maybe even have it snap on them if they fail.

This would make it so Jason putting 3-4 traps on one objective doesn't completely remove it from the game (It's easy to hold 'R' down for 2 seconds...think of all the work it takes to get the car going. He can stop it once and put a bunch of traps outside the door), but would still create a barrier for the counselors to overcome.

This sounds more palatable to me.  Traps are still as powerful against careless counselors, its not a guarantee to disarm them (if the player sucks at the minigame), they could also take away the requirement of the pocket knife that currently exists (or add a new item - like a tool kit, that is specific to disarming traps).  

I'm not sure if you guys have ever tried to install a battery with someone like Tiffany, but that minigame can be challenging at times, especially if you're under pressure. They need to be something like that for most characters...we wouldn't want high repair counselors making them completely useless.

53 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Well, I've had rounds where the fuse was found 15 minutes into the game or maybe not at all. Maybe you've experienced it like that but I'd beg to differ. 

It isn't about the eventuality, it's the possibility.

Simply put, it's the only item in the game that can win the game for ALL counselors (still living) in less than 5 minutes. 

It's a foolish error to do anything but trap the fuse-box first once you understand how it works.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malloymk said:

What does the fuse box look like on Jason's map?

A Telephone Icon. Just to clarify - not a cell phone more like a land line phone.

4 hours ago, KidFlash000 said:

Okay it's people like you that really get me. You complain that people are asking for nerfs. I never said Jason was OP, never said that it's bad to die that fast, I simply just said it's annoying and deserves a small nerf. Now the thing that makes me laugh is...I watched all the movies so I know that mostly everyone dies, I know that it's a team effort and you can't always play solo, I'm a level 25 so I'm pretty sure I know how to play by now. The thing is, you say "just don't run", ITS THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME. IT WOULD TAKE ME LONGER TO GET TO A CABIN BY CROUCHING AND INCREASE MY CHANCES OF BEING KILLED BY JASON IF HE JUST SEES A PERSON CROUCHING SLOWY TOWARD A DOOR LIKE IM STUPID. YEAH I MIGHT NOT GIVE OFF FEAR BUT SERIOUSLY??? BEING FORCED TO CROUCH THE FIRST 1 MINUTE OF THE GAME JUST BECAUSE JASONS WANT TO GET A KILL AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE INSTEAD OF PLAYING STRATEGICALLY? 

Its seriously people like you that I didn't want to join the community. You find excuses for stuff that could possibly need a nerf later on and try to go cry about nerfing something completely irrelevant and trying to make it seem like everyone needs to change their play style. There is no excuses for this tiny issue that I even stated was a tiny issue. All I would like is for there to be like a 30 second delay in Jason's sense ability to at least let counselors get a chance to make it at least into a tent. So if you are going to cry about someone wanting this issue to be looked into you can just leave the community now. 

He can't use sense at the beginning of the game so you have lots of time to get indoors without sprinting use slow walk and if you die thats just bad luck i play mostly with friends and i'm always first to die because if they leave me alive i escape or survive the night, it comes down to play style and char if you pick someone with low stealth your going to die.So pick your char wisely

4 hours ago, KidFlash000 said:

I understand he needs to get to escape routes as fast as possible, which I also do as Jason, but I never go for counselors when the game first starts. I place traps near escape points and then stand from a distance and watch with my sense, and sometimes I break all the windows in certain cabins so they injure themselves when they try to jump through. But my point is sometimes people play as Jason and just teleport and immediately start killing which really makes the game frustrating and boring. 

I play with my prey b4 i kill sometimes i help them or i just kill those without mics cause people without mics just suck in this game or kids screaming in your ear because they died.

4 hours ago, munkt0r said:

I'd have been killed if I had done that.