KidFlash000

Jason's Morph Time in the Beginning of the Game Concerns

I had one this weekend where the match started and Jason literally spawned on-top of me and hit grab.

He even said, "sorry man, that was just bad luck."

It happened once.  It was basically insane luck that the point on the map he chose (which wasn't even a generator/car/phone spot) happened to have me crouch-walking to a cabin within the first 20 seconds.

So, yes, it can happen - but it should be VERY rare and completely bad luck for the counselor (good luck for Jason).

*EDIT*
Also, the people ripping on the OP are just being jerks.  Jason can morph in the first 20 seconds and there is a chance he morphs directly next to someone and just hits grab.  If you RUN to a cabin, you risk giving away your position, if you crouch-walk, you might spend more time in the open.

This is about luck/chance and not skill.  Grow-up guys.

On 6/3/2017 at 10:50 AM, SlyJJ said:

Jason senses you based on fear and he's going to morph to the escape options first- stop running straight at them....

Also how are the other 7 fairing? If all were also dying in 1 minute I'd say op- but it's just you. You're doing it wrong.....

Never said I run straight toward escape points, I said I run toward cabins and safe zones. I play strategically as Jason so I know where not to go in the beginning of the game lol. I'm saying it's not fair when Jason's just spawn to the nearest person instantly when the game starts and I have no weapons or anything to defend myself with, or I have nowhere to hide, and then he just kills me and talks about how good he is. I'm not doing anything wrong, it's just a simple issue I wanted to bring to light because in the future people might start to take advantage of morph and potentially can ruin some of the game for some people. 

The only time I have ever been killed within 5 mins is at pacanack cabin...Jason characters seem to be drawn to that area from the get go...now if I spawn there I get the hell away from there.

3 minutes ago, KidFlash000 said:

But my point is sometimes people play as Jason and just teleport and immediately start killing which really makes the game frustrating and boring. 

They do - and while it may suck for the one or two people who are there... that jason is likely wasting too much time and others are going to escape.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, munkt0r said:

I had one this weekend where the match started and Jason literally spawned on-top of me and hit grab.

He even said, "sorry man, that was just bad luck."

It happened once.  It was basically insane luck that the point on the map he chose (which wasn't even a generator/car/phone spot) happened to have me crouch-walking to a cabin within the first 20 seconds.

So, yes, it can happen - but it should be VERY rare and completely bad luck for the counselor (good luck for Jason).

It is bad luck but it also is a combination of people just wanting to kill everyone in less than 5 minutes which can milk the game, because if everyone is dying that fast, there would be no point in the objective because we wouldn't be able to attempt to escape or survive lol. But you would be surprised how many times it happens to my friends and I combined. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

The only time I have ever been killed within 5 mins is at pacanack cabin...Jason characters seem to be drawn to that area from the get go...now if I spawn there I get the hell away from there.

I do too because I know that the main cabins on Higgins Haven and Packanack are the hotspots. So do I always run straight in? No. But there are times where it's impossible to get into the house because Jason just teleports near us and doesn't even give us a chance to do anything, let alone close a door. 

Just now, KidFlash000 said:

It is bad luck but it also is a combination of people just wanting to kill everyone in less than 5 minutes which can milk the game, because if everyone is dying that fast, there would be no point in the objective because we wouldn't be able to attempt to escape or survive lol. But you would be surprised how many times it happens to my friends and I combined. 

My bet is you guys play in a private match lobby together...likely often and multiple times within a session.  Am I wrong?

5 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

My bet is you guys play in a private match lobby together...likely often and multiple times within a session.  Am I wrong?

Yes of course because they're my friends. 

Just now, KidFlash000 said:

Yes of course because they're my friends. 

I hear ya, but I'd suggest playing with some randoms a bit more.  People that play this game with eachother for extended periods begin to learn each player's habits/routines.  It starts becoming very easy to predict where people will go right off the bat.  

Just something i've noticed from extended play sessions with some friends.  Even if we're not trying, we begin to predict each other as the gameplay is pretty similar match to match.

On 6/3/2017 at 11:01 AM, John Wick said:

No. You are just doing something wrong if you die that quick that often. I have NEVER died that fast in any round ever. Iv died first, sure, but it's never immediately after a match starts. 

You clowns need need to stop calling for nerfs, just because you keep getting killed. You aren't supposed to survive. The majority of those playing counselors will die. It's supposed to be that way and it will remain that way. 

And clowns like you need to stop claiming how it's just us calling for nerds just because we die. How about looking at it from different perspectives and actually take into consideration that this is currently a tiny issue but later on in the games cycle, it could potentially be a problem for many people. And you said the most ignorant statement, "you are not supposed to survive". What does that even mean. They add objectives for a reason, I'm pretty sure they didn't make escapes an option just for us to not be able to use them. So don't give me that excuse. 

2 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

I hear ya, but I'd suggest playing with some randoms a bit more.  People that play this game with eachother for extended periods begin to learn each player's habits/routines.  It starts becoming very easy to predict where people will go right off the bat.  

Just something i've noticed from extended play sessions with some friends.  Even if we're not trying, we begin to predict each other as the gameplay is pretty similar match to match.

I hear yah. 

As someone who got killed twice in a row literally in the very first minute, because Jason morphed right on top of me at the main lodge...

The best thing to do is *not* go toward the main lodge.

The morph power is necessary in the beginning, because otherwise it disadvantages the players closer to Jason. With morph, Jason can go anywhere, and so no one is really safe. That's what Friday the 13th is supposed to be about.

Play smart. Jason does not start out with the "sense" power. Which means he can only track movement. Find a cabin other than the main lodge to run to, search it, and try not to attract too much attention to yourself.

Guys, counselors are supposed to die.

With everything stacked against them, it is very unlikely that all of them will make it out. You can be the best counselor playing the game right now, you can do everything right in a match, and you will still die sometimes to a bad roll of the dice. This is a good thing. If a counselor could become so good that they could make it out every single game, it would get boring. A year from now and Jason would never kill anyone. "Winning" isn't everything.

What you are really trying to do is get as many points as you possibly can. Sometimes you will have the option to escape, sometimes you won't. You make the best of the time you have. If you can't find enjoyment in being killed by Jason sometimes, you will probably not like this game in the long run.

Jason is NOT guaranteed an instant kill in the beginning. Does he get it sometimes? Yes. But it isn't rampant, nor a game breaking issue. If you find yourself unfortunate enough to be in that situation, make the best of it. Lure Jason away from the others and string him out as long as you can. Try to frustrate him into giving up and going for someone else. Or if you're a really slimey individual (;)) you could run towards your fellow counselors and hope Jason goes for one of them instead.

On 4.6.2017 at 1:06 AM, SInful Fox said:

2 kills per match... sounds like you are exaggerating how bad you are as Jason..

Thing is players shouldn't be dying to bad luck at the start of a 20min match, that is not solid design.

If Jason gets unlucky all he loses is a couple of victims.

I don't have a hard time as Jason, People rarely escape at all, and if they do its because I messed up, not because they got lucky.

Thing is it can also be frustrating for the Jasonplayer when the counselors, for example, call the police within the first minute. It happened to myself that I spawned next to  house in which I found the fuse and the phonebox was there aswell. This means the game is over after 6-7 minutes.

Sowhat are we going to do about this? Should escaping only be possible if the game reached the 10 minutemark, so that the expirieve for the guy who plays Jason isnt ruined?

There are players who have a hard time as Jason. You callthem bad,because seemingly you are good with him, there may be other things in the game that you may consider unbalanced or broken but there are player who figured out how that may work or dont have issues of any kind with it, so does that make you a bad player in that cases?

As for bad luck and/or good luck: Everthing is luck at the start, you can spawn next to the car, you can spawn far away, you can find the fuse in the first drawer, or you find next tonothing in the first cabins you search. I myaself had a game today where I found 3 pocketknifes in the first three drawers i opened.

We all roll a dice at the start of the game,are you Jason, or arent you? Spawn at a place wehere he probaly morphs to (which doesnt mean that he actually does because there are more cars than one and not every Jasonplayer is decent with him) or spawn somewhere in the wilderness were he probaly never will show up in the first five minutes.

Are good items next to me or will I find nothing special.

If you want time for the counselors at the start so the Jason cant morph the location were the are, I say ok how about you get 30 seconds before Jason can morph, but during these 30 seconds you are unable to enter houses, because if you could, you would take advantage of the situation and search in safety.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 11:40 AM, Aurick411 said:

You need to learn the maps then.

If you spawn near one of the larger cabins / escape points - Jog away from them and as soon as you hear the first "Ki ki ki, ma ma ma" stop moving so you have a better chance of not being 

If you spawn IN one of the larger cabins or realize you are in the phone cabin - immediately hide under a bed or in a closet.  This reduces your chance of his sense finding you, he will likely leave (since it would be a huge waste of time to try to search every room in the house).  Worst case if you were able to hide upstairs, even if he does go searching the houses, there is enough ways to dodge him to try to escape.  If possible be sure to turn on the radio to distract him - even if you plan on hiding there.  

Anywhere else, do things as normal. 

I have spawned at a major objective (Pakanack lodge with the phone and the car) and have been able to hide, they put their traps down then leave after a quick sense (which I had a good chance of not being detected), then they leave figuring everyone has gone off.  I can then do a quick search and head out.  

Hiding isn't perfect, but that early the game, even in the big lodges, you have a decent chance of escaping if you play smart.  

There have been the rarities where I have died right off the bat - if I do something stupid like lead foot my way in the lodge trying to get the shotgun, or when other people leading him to me, but in general - even with a bad spawn location I am not dead that fast. 

I love this post. You explain how people can be better without being a crapboy. Although I've know the mechanics in the game and I learned everything when the game was still in he kickstarter, I still found this information useful and appreciate you giving your opinion without being mean. 

Thing you need to remeber however is most people grab those knives, thats a good 6 seconds of animations just grabbing them.

As such perhaps adding a 6 second timer would not interfere greatly with his initial attack, but also ensure that counselors have a little window before getting dropped on.

A good Jason with part 2 or 3 Jason doesnt need ability to force a early counselor into either jogging until out of stamina or going into a cabin and being trapped by a window breaker like me.

I am not saying this from my counselors perspective as I play as AJ and got solid counters to early Jason.

But as Jason I can almost always grab a early freebie if I choose to.

• Like 1

Just now, SInful Fox said:

Thing you need to remeber however is most people grab those knives, thats a good 6 seconds of animations just grabbing them.

As such perhaps adding a 6 second timer would not interfere greatly with his initial attack, but also ensure that counselors have a little window before getting dropped on.

A good Jason with part 2 or 3 Jason doesnt need ability to force a early counselor into either jogging until out of stamina or going into a cabin and being trapped by a window breaker like me.

I am not saying this from my counselors perspective as I play as AJ and got solid counters to early Jason.

But as Jason I can almost always grab a early freebie if I choose to.

It's not bad to grab an early freebie, it's just not fair and game breaking for a Jason to spawn in and try to kill the whole game in such a short amount of time just to brag. Playing strategically and waiting makes the game a lot more suspenseful and fun, especially when Jason uses stalk to watch his victims, or when Jason sits from a distance and let's the music play but the counselors can't find you. 

6 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Thingis it can also be frustrating for the Jasonplayer when the counselors, for example, call the police within the first minute. It happened to myself that I spawned next to  house in whih I found the fuse and zhe phonebox was there aswell. This means the game is over after 6-7 minutes.

Sowhat are we going to do about this? Should escaping only be possible if the game reached the 10 minutemark, so that the expirieve for the guy who plays Jason isnt ruined?

There are players who have a hard time as Jason. You callthem bad,because seemingly you are good with him, there may be other things in the game that you may consider unbalanced or broken but there are player who figured out how that may work or dont have issues of any kind with it, so does that make you a bad player in that cases?

As for bad luck and/or good luck: Everthing is luck at the start, you can spawn next to the car, you can spawn far away, you can find the fuse in the first drawer, or you find next tonothing in the first cabins you search. I myaself had a game today where I found 3 pocketknifes in the first three drawers i opened.

We all roll a dice at the start of the game,are you Jason, or arent you? Spawn at a place wehere he probaly morphs to (which doesnt mean that he actually does because there are more cars than one and not every Jasonplayer is decent with him) or spawn somewhere in the wilderness were he probaly never will show up in the first five minutes.

Are good items next to me or will I find nothing special.

If you want time for the counselors at the start so the Jason cant morph the location were the are, I say ok how about you get 30 seconds before Jason can morph, but during these 30 seconds you are unable to enter houses, because if you could, you would take advantage of the situation and search in safety.

I also agree. They should make it so the first 10 minutes you have to try to survive, and the last 10 minutes you try to escape. Just like the movies at the end. 

8 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

Guys, counselors are supposed to die.

With everything stacked against them, it is very unlikely that all of them will make it out. You can be the best counselor playing the game right now, you can do everything right in a match, and you will still die sometimes to a bad roll of the dice. This is a good thing. If a counselor could become so good that they could make it out every single game, it would get boring. A year from now and Jason would never kill anyone. "Winning" isn't everything.

What you are really trying to do is get as many points as you possibly can. Sometimes you will have the option to escape, sometimes you won't. You make the best of the time you have. If you can't find enjoyment in being killed by Jason sometimes, you will probably not like this game in the long run.

Jason is NOT guaranteed an instant kill in the beginning. Does he get it sometimes? Yes. But it isn't rampant, nor a game breaking issue. If you find yourself unfortunate enough to be in that situation, make the best of it. Lure Jason away from the others and string him out as long as you can. Try to frustrate him into giving up and going for someone else. Or if you're a really slimey individual (;)) you could run towards your fellow counselors and hope Jason goes for one of them instead.

I appreciate your opinion, but stop with the "the counselors are supposed to die" excuse, it somewhat sounds ignorant in a way. But there are many small issues that I have other than this, because you're right it's not gamebreaking now but later on will it be that's the question. 

11 minutes ago, jasonlore said:

As someone who got killed twice in a row literally in the very first minute, because Jason morphed right on top of me at the main lodge...

The best thing to do is *not* go toward the main lodge.

The morph power is necessary in the beginning, because otherwise it disadvantages the players closer to Jason. With morph, Jason can go anywhere, and so no one is really safe. That's what Friday the 13th is supposed to be about.

Play smart. Jason does not start out with the "sense" power. Which means he can only track movement. Find a cabin other than the main lodge to run to, search it, and try not to attract too much attention to yourself.

That's the problem, sometimes Jason just spawns at a cabin and starts killing instantly not giving us any time to do anything making the game not fair or fun in a way. 

1 minute ago, KidFlash000 said:

I appreciate your opinion, but stop with the "the counselors are supposed to die" excuse, it somewhat sounds ignorant in a way. But there are many small issues that I have other than this, because you're right it's not gamebreaking now but later on will it be that's the question. 

It's not an excuse it's a fact of the game. You'll accept it or you won't. Either way it won't change.

1 minute ago, SolidusPrime said:

It's not an excuse it's a fact of the game. You'll accept it or you won't. Either way it won't change.

So if the point of the game is for the counslers not to survive, why did they add options to escape? I understand that it's supposed to be like the movies but seriously. 

8 minutes ago, KidFlash000 said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what you think is ignorant or not.

The entire game revolves around the fact that most counselors are going to die.

just like in the movies, most of them are going to die.

if you don't like that, or think that's ignorant, then maybe this game isn't for you.

42 minutes ago, Aurick411 said:

They do - and while it may suck for the one or two people who are there... that jason is likely wasting too much time and others are going to escape.  

Please elaborate how Jason is wasting time when he has a double kill in the first 2 minutes? That makes absolutely no sense.

Allow Jason to Morph. But the instant access to traps needs to go. That isn't a "nerf to appease feelings". It's an act of balance. At present, ANY decent Jason Morphs to the phone and traps the fuse box immediately. If not, they're playing like a noob. It's just the logical thing to do. Next most logical is cutting power to stop them from calling Tommy, and after that, it's trapping the cars or maybe boat.

If Jason has to actually find traps, it solves the problem. Sure, he could still Morph to these areas from the beginning. But he'll be doing so without Shift and easy traps to lay, giving the Counselors a chance to get something going. It puts Jason in a situation where he also has to find a few valuable items at the start - just like the Counselors do.

Balance. It's key.