KidFlash000

Jason's Morph Time in the Beginning of the Game Concerns

I've actually had that happen to me, spawned in the phone house, fuse was the first drawer I opened, and I was a counselor with a very high repair skill with repair perks. Cops was called within first 20 seconds of the match.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HodderFodder said:

Hell no. I've seen players spawn in the Phone house, and the first drawer they pull is the fuse. I've seen players have the car fixed and ready to go in wthe first minute or two.

When everything is random, someone is inevitably going to get screwed, be you counselor or Jason. Jason killing you within the first minute isn't because you suck, it's bad luck. You spawned in the wrong place and he morphed to the right one. I've been killed my fair share of early times, and it's no one's fault.

Personally, I have a hard time as Jason. I am averaging 2 kills a match. I really do not want the counselors to have it even easier.

2 kills per match... sounds like you are exaggerating how bad you are as Jason..

Thing is players shouldn't be dying to bad luck at the start of a 20min match, that is not solid design.

If Jason gets unlucky all he loses is a couple of victims.

I don't have a hard time as Jason, People rarely escape at all, and if they do its because I messed up, not because they got lucky.

16 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

2 kills per match... sounds like you are exaggerating how bad you are as Jason..

II've only played Jason 6 times, and the kills per match I've gotten have been: 2, 2, 4, 2, 1, 2. I even started a thread asking if anyone else sucks as bad as I do; some manage to get zero kills. I was in a game last night where a guy got 0 kills.

There's no easy way to practice Jason, and the more you play, the higher level you get, the better the players are.

My only guees then is that you lack a stratergy and you get tunnel visioned easily?

But with those kind of scores I am not suprised you are worried about Jason getting any kind of nerf.

Do you even morph directly to phone/boat/car at start?

I am already morphed by the time the info screen is gone, and this is the problem, counselors don't even have time to load in before i am ontop of them.

18 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

My only guees then is that you lack a stratergy and you get tunnel visioned easily?[/quote]

Strategy: Morph to phone, put two traps. Walk to the nearest generator or house that's lit up while waiting for morph to get back so I can go to the blue car, put down two traps there. Knock out a generator.

The problems I have are 1) Finding people, period--I spend most of the match wandering around not seeing anyone, 2) getting them once I find them. I am not good with shift/morph, at all. And by the time I manage to get on top of them for a grab, it's pocket knife/flare/gun city. I never manage the "They're in a cabin, I'm outside" game well. I start hacking the doors, they jump out a window, I can't catch up because my shift/morph game is not good. I go around busting/trapping windows, they go out the other side while I'm still working on one side of the cabin. I've never managed to stop the car once--I morph to the exit, wind up on one side of the road, and the car passes me by the time I untangle myself from the fence beside the road.

It took me a lot of games to get decent at being a counselor. If I could practice a lot more as Jason it would be better. It would also be better if players didn't taunt you.

18 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

I am already morphed by the time the info screen is gone, and this is the problem, counselors don't even have time to load in before i am ontop of them.

I grab the two knives first. I really want to get better at throwing knives--I can only seem to land one per match.

1 hour ago, HodderFodder said:

Strategy: Morph to phone, put two traps. Walk to the nearest generator or house that's lit up while waiting for morph to get back so I can go to the blue car, put down two traps there. Knock out a generator.

The problems I have are 1) Finding people, period--I spend most of the match wandering around not seeing anyone, 2) getting them once I find them. I am not good with shift/morph, at all. And by the time I manage to get on top of them for a grab, it's pocket knife/flare/gun city. I never manage the "They're in a cabin, I'm outside" game well. I start hacking the doors, they jump out a window, I can't catch up because my shift/morph game is not good. I go around busting/trapping windows, they go out the other side while I'm still working on one side of the cabin. I've never managed to stop the car once--I morph to the exit, wind up on one side of the road, and the car passes me by the time I untangle myself from the fence beside the road.

It took me a lot of games to get decent at being a counselor. If I could practice a lot more as Jason it would be better. It would also be better if players didn't taunt you.

I grab the two knives first. I really want to get better at throwing knives--I can only seem to land one per match.

You may need to alter your strategy. I get where you're coming from but 10-20 seconds before morph activates wouldn't change much for you.

My big problem is when you spawn next to a car AND power box.  You get MAYBE 10 seconds to get out of there before Jason's on top of you.  And even then, you're probably screwed anyway.

On 03/06/2017 at 11:48 AM, SInful Fox said:

This indeed, Zero delay makes it way to easy for jason to get a free kill at start unless they are vanessa or bugzy..

It's not too easy to Jason morph to a Counsellor when the game starts... he needs a little luck to morph exactly to a counsellor at the beggining of the game.

On 6/3/2017 at 6:45 PM, HodderFodder said:

Hell no. I've seen players spawn in the Phone house, and the first drawer they pull is the fuse. I've seen players have the car fixed and ready to go in wthe first minute or two.

When everything is random, someone is inevitably going to get screwed, be you counselor or Jason. Jason killing you within the first minute isn't because you suck, it's bad luck. You spawned in the wrong place and he morphed to the right one. I've been killed my fair share of early times, and it's no one's fault.

Personally, I have a hard time as Jason. I am averaging 2 kills a match. I really do not want the counselors to have it even easier.

I played a match last night as Jason where a group of 3 counselors had the 4-seater ready to go within a minute of starting.

Sometimes counselors get really lucky; sometimes they get really unlucky.

Most of the time it's somewhere inbetween and your skill will save you.

The game, matchmaking issues aside, is really perfect right now.

17 minutes ago, bobmussini said:

It's not too easy to Jason morph to a Counsellor when the game starts... he needs a little luck to morph exactly to a counsellor at the beggining of the game.

You don't need to land ontop of them, as long as you can land close enough for them to not have a chance to grab anything useful before you chase them down.

Can we just learn to play the game rather than calling for a nerf every single time something kills us?

If you spawn at an area that you are CERTAIN Jason will come to in the first 30 seconds....leave it and come back. Nothing says you HAVE to stay in the lodge if you spawn there. Get to a cabin, a weapon, whatever. Find buddies. 

Also, it's supposed to be hard for the counselors. I think the sooner every one accepts that, the better.

2 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

Can we just learn to play the game rather than calling for a nerf every single time something kills us?

If you spawn at an area that you are CERTAIN Jason will come to in the first 30 seconds....leave it and come back. Nothing says you HAVE to stay in the lodge if you spawn there. Get to a cabin, a weapon, whatever. Find buddies. 

Also, it's supposed to be hard for the counselors. I think the sooner every one accepts that, the better.

I'd like it if I could...but this is is perfectly true.

Counselors should get killed...often.

I think even just a 10-15 second wait for morph to become active would help the counselors immensely. And not really hurt the Jason all that much. 

20 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

You don't need to land ontop of them, as long as you can land close enough for them to not have a chance to grab anything useful before you chase them down.

Yes... I know that.... I'm trying to say that Jason is almost blind at the start of the game.... He can "see" only noise blips.... and morphs next to a Counserlour basically by luck.

On 6/3/2017 at 5:19 PM, RaptorRex20 said:

I have personally died because I spawned in the big house, and immediately ran away towards other players just to have Jason shift-grab and kill me because he morphed to my spawn.

How did Jason shift grab you that early in the game.  He would have gotten sense first after morph.  

Why didn't you hide in the house, even with sense, Jason wouldn't have detected you that easily. 

1 minute ago, bobmussini said:

Yes... I know that.... I'm trying to say that Jason is almost blind at the start of the game.... He can "see" only noise blips.... and morphs next to a Counserlour basically by luck.

Yep, this.

Jason is effectively blind to everything but noise blips in the first minute or two while Sense builds up, and he cannot shift. This only leaves him with a few options:

• Point towards the noise blips that will inevitably be there because someone always sprints in the beginning. Bring up your morph and hope you guess the right building
  • Morph to one of the main objective points. Trap the phone, start hitting electrical boxes, ect or go check out the lodge.
  • Randomly morph somewhere and hope to get lucky

Knowing this, you can guess with a small degree where Jason might pop up. If you are not confident to handle him in the early game, and you start in one of these locations, leave immediately and head for somewhere safer.

• Like 1

Just now, SolidusPrime said:

• Point towards the noise blips that will inevitably be there because someone always sprints in the beginning. Bring up your morph and hope you guess the right building

And if you are sprinting for no reason at the start of the match the it is a question of skill to why you died in the first 5 minutes of a match. 

1 minute ago, Aurick411 said:

And if you are sprinting for no reason at the start of the match the it is a question of skill to why you died in the first 5 minutes of a match. 

Exactly :)

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, Ashley said:

I swear to god i see more and more topics for jason nerfs do any of you watch the movies he ends up killing everyone or mostly everyone if you die 30 secs into a match it because your running making noise so stop running or just don't play or learn how to play stealthy and work as a team if your solo then your going to die very fast stop asking for nerfs because jason is too op hes supposed to be op. 

I consider myself a pretty decent player at this point but there have been some matches where Jason appears right next to the cabin I started next to and I get killed within two minutes of the match. Not saying it's a big issue for me but I can see how some people could be frustrated.

Jason needs to get on the map ASAP.  The number one thing I see Jason do is put a trap by the phone box.  Too often the fuse spawns in the same building.  Jason needs to defend that immediately

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bobmussini said:

Thing is if you like me instant morph without grabbing knives jason will be there before you can get out of the open, and unless you are a stealther jason is gonna hear you instantly trying to get out of the open 

16 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

Thing is if you like me instant morph without grabbing knives jason will be there before you can get out of the open, and unless you are a stealther jason is gonna hear you instantly trying to get out of the open 

I feel like a Jason with no knives, no sense, and no shift is ridiculously easy to get away from with almost every character though. No?

On 6/3/2017 at 6:21 PM, Ashley said:

I swear to god i see more and more topics for jason nerfs do any of you watch the movies he ends up killing everyone or mostly everyone if you die 30 secs into a match it because your running making noise so stop running or just don't play or learn how to play stealthy and work as a team if your solo then your going to die very fast stop asking for nerfs because jason is too op hes supposed to be op. 

Okay it's people like you that really get me. You complain that people are asking for nerfs. I never said Jason was OP, never said that it's bad to die that fast, I simply just said it's annoying and deserves a small nerf. Now the thing that makes me laugh is...I watched all the movies so I know that mostly everyone dies, I know that it's a team effort and you can't always play solo, I'm a level 25 so I'm pretty sure I know how to play by now. The thing is, you say "just don't run", ITS THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME. IT WOULD TAKE ME LONGER TO GET TO A CABIN BY CROUCHING AND INCREASE MY CHANCES OF BEING KILLED BY JASON IF HE JUST SEES A PERSON CROUCHING SLOWY TOWARD A DOOR LIKE IM STUPID. YEAH I MIGHT NOT GIVE OFF FEAR BUT SERIOUSLY??? BEING FORCED TO CROUCH THE FIRST 1 MINUTE OF THE GAME JUST BECAUSE JASONS WANT TO GET A KILL AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE INSTEAD OF PLAYING STRATEGICALLY? 

Its seriously people like you that I didn't want to join the community. You find excuses for stuff that could possibly need a nerf later on and try to go cry about nerfing something completely irrelevant and trying to make it seem like everyone needs to change their play style. There is no excuses for this tiny issue that I even stated was a tiny issue. All I would like is for there to be like a 30 second delay in Jason's sense ability to at least let counselors get a chance to make it at least into a tent. So if you are going to cry about someone wanting this issue to be looked into you can just leave the community now. 

On 6/3/2017 at 7:04 PM, VSlash said:

I've actually had that happen to me, spawned in the phone house, fuse was the first drawer I opened, and I was a counselor with a very high repair skill with repair perks. Cops was called within first 20 seconds of the match.

Exactly, another thing that frustrates me. One game I played as Jason and these dudes spawned with all the car parts and fixed with car within 2 minutes with high repair characters. I managed to try to cut them off but they had one person stay out of the car to throw fireworks at me and shoot me. Don't understand why people want to escape so fast as counselors, and kill so fast as Jason. Games are more fun with Jason making a suprise attack like 10 minutes into the game rather than everyone escaping in 4 minutes. 

59 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Jason needs to get on the map ASAP.  The number one thing I see Jason do is put a trap by the phone box.  Too often the fuse spawns in the same building.  Jason needs to defend that immediately

I understand he needs to get to escape routes as fast as possible, which I also do as Jason, but I never go for counselors when the game first starts. I place traps near escape points and then stand from a distance and watch with my sense, and sometimes I break all the windows in certain cabins so they injure themselves when they try to jump through. But my point is sometimes people play as Jason and just teleport and immediately start killing which really makes the game frustrating and boring.