2 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

And if these disconnects or quitters have their preference set to counselor and never wanted to play Jason anyway but was chosen by the terrible algorithm? 

If your preference is set to Couselor, you're basically NEVER Jason. If ever.

41 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

That has not been my experience with having it set to Jason and people being picked twice within three or four matches to be him and having their preference set to counselor. I have seen people get angry at being chosen to be him cause they only want to play counselors. It is a flawed system. 

I am barely ever able to play a full game as Jason, because the host keeps dropping after I kill them. This is really becoming intolerable.

I want to get back in to friday the 13TH On PC on steam and Do alot of Live streams as i Did on PS4 So Im Up for some games on PC Add me on Steam WARRIC

I leave if I can't get to the boat and leave as thats the only badge I have left to get.  No point in sticking around if there is no boat option repair in the map 

On 6/3/2017 at 3:20 PM, AldermachXI said:

This certainly isn't true on the Switch. My friends and I are all set to counselor and we routinely get picked to be Jason. 

5 hours ago, Shogun said:

This certainly isn't true on the Switch. My friends and I are all set to counselor and we routinely get picked to be Jason. 

What are the variables here? Assuming you play a lot, is this something that happens once a week, or on a nightly basis? Second, how big is the group of friends you play with? If there's only two or three of you, then that's weird. If you're in a big group of 4-6 , this is much more likely to happen. If all the randoms in your lobby have their preference set to counselor too,  well one of you has to be Jason. This is the only instance where someone with their preference set to counselor should ever be Jason.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 12:38 AM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

What are the variables here? Assuming you play a lot, is this something that happens once a week, or on a nightly basis? Second, how big is the group of friends you play with? If there's only two or three of you, then that's weird. If you're in a big group of 4-6 , this is much more likely to happen. If all the randoms in your lobby have their preference set to counselor too,  well one of you has to be Jason. This is the only instance where someone with their preference set to counselor should ever be Jason.

It is a group of 2 or 3 and it seems to happen nearly every day. We've also played when one of our friends had their preference set to Jason and was never selected as Jason. Oddly enough, I'm Jason more often when my preference is set to counselor.

1 hour ago, Shogun said:

It is a group of 2 or 3 and it seems to happen nearly every day. We've also played when one of our friends had their preference set to Jason and was never selected as Jason. Oddly enough, I'm Jason more often when my preference is set to counselor.

Interesting, this must be a Switch issue, kind of like the random counselor issue where it's been fixed across the other platforms. Never say never, but this likely won't be getting fixed. The game as it is now is most likely the final product. 

17 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Interesting, this must be a Switch issue, kind of like the random counselor issue where it's been fixed across the other platforms. Never say never, but this likely won't be getting fixed. The game as it is now is most likely the final product. 

Yeah. There are a lot of issues that are specific to the switch. I had the game on playstation shortly after it was released and never had the issues I've had with switch.