I've noticed that on PC we always start out with a full group and then immediately when people aren't jason 3 or 4 people leave, can we penalise them for it?

Also, who the heck is letting their children play this? A few times a night I'm in a group with some 10 year old who keeps calling people bitc*

• Like 2

FYI, the ones in game that sound like kids are usually trolls using voice changing programs because they think it makes them cool.

As for penalties for leaving the game because you're not Jason,. I think it's gonna be awhile before they get to that as they're still having tons of server problems and all they're working out.

1 hour ago, Sykotik said:

FYI, the ones in game that sound like kids are usually trolls using voice changing programs

Uh, no?

Leaving because you are not Jason, makes no sense to me.  Even with having him as your spawn preference, does not make good use of your time quitting matches until you become him.  I am all for implementing a penalty once the servers are stable- but it would have to be issued under blatant abuse.  Something like "X" amount of quits through game menu in "X" amount of time.  The value of quitting would have to be pretty high as to make sure it does not penalize legit players.  The penalty could be something to the affect of what NBA 2K17 does, and not allow you to play online for an hour.  It should not be anything too harsh like CP loss or a 1 day ban.  Personally, I would add this feature once single player is in, so those who constantly want to play Jason would have no excuse for the disconnecting behavior.

What's worse is when the host leaves when you get to be Jason after 20 matches. Tbh, i would leave too if it wasn't for the trophy but playing as Counseror is slowing growing on me now so i decided not to do it :) Besides by the time i do 1000 matches we will (problably) have offline mode so there won't be a reason to quit anymore.

A penalty for people leaving matches is a difficult thing, because some people (like me and I know there are quite some others) actually leave a match because the game crashed. For example every first match I play after booting up the PC crashes back to desktop without an error message a few seconds after the map loaded and this might look like leaving because I'm not Jason to some. When I start the game again, I get random crashes and freezes after a few matches (and no, don't even get started with trivial suggestions like updating drivers).

Those people are punished enough by the constant fear that they won't be able to finish the match and get any XP, so punishing them even more wouldn't exactly be encouraging to play the game at all.

This means the penalty mechanism would have to know if the player left by using the menu, left by just closing the game in the task manager or left because the game crashed.

Hopefully it happens soon. If you want to leave the match once you die and miss out on your 500XP for completion, cool. That's your prerogative. But if you leave at the start just because you didn't get Jason, that makes you a dick AND an idiot. Because odds are you're not gonna get Jason in the next match you go into, either. That's just how it goes.

Hell...Gun may as well go ahead and ENSURE people who leave because they didn't get Jason are punished for doing so by putting a "No Jason for at least 3 rounds" penalty on them. If people were aware that this will happen, they wouldn't leave.

There is a lot of scum bag behavior going on in this game. But then again, I tend to play as a "protector". I usually play as Bugsy and make it my goal to protect those carrying parts and to help them repair. I'm great at stunning Jason and getting away...Just ask Randy ;)

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Hopefully it happens soon. If you want to leave the match once you die and miss out on your 500XP for completion, cool. That's your prerogative. But if you leave at the start just because you didn't get Jason, that makes you a dick AND an idiot. Because odds are you're not gonna get Jason in the next match you go into, either. That's just how it goes.

Hell...Gun may as well go ahead and ENSURE people who leave because they didn't get Jason are punished for doing so by putting a "No Jason for at least 3 rounds" penalty on them. If people were aware that this will happen, they wouldn't leave.

There is a lot of scum bag behavior going on in this game. But then again, I tend to play as a "protector". I usually play as Bugsy and make it my goal to protect those carrying parts and to help them repair. I'm great at stunning Jason and getting away...Just ask Randy ;)

Agree people are now killing each other for there items like keys and such.

18 minutes ago, always angry said:

A penalty for people leaving matches is a difficult thing, because some people (like me and I know there are quite some others) actually leave a match because the game crashed. For example every first match I play after booting up the PC crashes back to desktop without an error message a few seconds after the map loaded and this might look like leaving because I'm not Jason to some. When I start the game again, I get random crashes and freezes after a few matches (and no, don't even get started with trivial suggestions like updating drivers).

Those people are punished enough by the constant fear that they won't be able to finish the match and get any XP, so punishing them even more wouldn't exactly be encouraging to play the game at all.

This means the penalty mechanism would have to know if the player left by using the menu, left by just closing the game in the task manager or left because the game crashed.

This. It's pretty hard to distinguish people who drop out for whatever reason from the quitters.

8 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

This. It's pretty hard to distinguish people who drop out for whatever reason from the quitters.

The back end can tell the difference between a disconnection and a quit.

• Like 1

The frequency at which it happens on PC is pretty high, also.  Server stability resolution will help with much if it, I believe.  The human aspect is harder to deal with.  Hopefully once the single player mode comes out we'll see less of this. Those people that JUST want to be Jason can dedicate their time to the story line game and let the rest of us get back to our game of bloody hide and seek.

Edited by Dapper Dragon
Correcting my terrible grammar.

7 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

The frequency at which it happens on PC is pretty high, also.  Server stability resolution will help with much if it, I believe.  The human aspect is harder to deal with.  Hopefully once the single player mode comes out we'll see less of this. Those people that JUST want to be Jason can dedicate their time to the story line game and let the rest of us get back to our game of bloody hide and seek.

This is how you combat that human aspect:

"Hell...Gun may as well go ahead and ENSURE people who leave because they didn't get Jason are punished for doing so by putting a "No Jason for at least 3 rounds" penalty on them. If people were aware that this will happen, they wouldn't leave."

Just now, AldermachXI said:

This is how you combat that human aspect:

"Hell...Gun may as well go ahead and ENSURE people who leave because they didn't get Jason are punished for doing so by putting a "No Jason for at least 3 rounds" penalty on them. If people were aware that this will happen, they wouldn't leave."

We've been tossing the logistics of that approach around in several threads.  The abandonment issue is incredibly frustrating for sure. Especially for a player like me that enjoys being both a counselor and Jason.  Before any level of penalties could be reasonably levied, they HAVE to get their server patches pushed through and everything stabilized.  XBOX is being a thorn in their side by being slow with the patch update approvals.  

I personally think that if an algorithm that tracks key/button commands can be implemented to determine if a player bails on purpose, then they should get a suspension.  If possible they should also be able to track back end keystrokes like ALT + F4 and invokings of the task manager in case a player wants to be clever an "Crash" the game to avoid a keystroke from being logged.

But, it's a complicated process and would take a level of coding I personally don't possess, so I'm not going to give anyone any grief if that is not a reasonable approach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

We've been tossing the logistics of that approach around in several threads.  The abandonment issue is incredibly frustrating for sure. Especially for a player like me that enjoys being both a counselor and Jason.  Before any level of penalties could be reasonably levied, they HAVE to get their server patches pushed through and everything stabilized.  XBOX is being a thorn in their side by being slow with the patch update approvals.  

I personally think that if an algorithm that tracks key/button commands can be implemented to determine if a player bails on purpose, then they should get a suspension.  If possible they should also be able to track back end keystrokes like ALT + F4 and invokings of the task manager in case a player wants to be clever an "Crash" the game to avoid a keystroke from being logged.

But, it's a complicated process and would take a level of coding I personally don't possess, so I'm not going to give anyone any grief if that is not a reasonable approach.

100%

• Like 1

You could just disconnect your internet. Combat quitting. That's not measurable.

2 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

You could just disconnect your internet. Combat quitting. That's not measurable.

I someone wants to go through all the trouble, let them.

Eventually they'll realize how stupid they are on their own...

4 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Disconnecting the internet results in the service having to resolve its connection, which takes time.  That, itself, would be a penalty.

• Like 1

However, people kept doing this in several MP games. I can reconnect within 30 secs from the browser, so can others. There is always a way to grief.

Just now, Rok73 said:

However, people kept doing this in several MP games. I can reconnect within 30 secs from the browser, so can others. There is always a way to grief.

Sure. But eventually people will realize how stupid that behavior is. Especially if they start to notice that it doesn't get them a Jason round any quicker.

And sorry to say, but if your connection isn't stable, and legit disconnects are occurring that much, you STILL shouldn't be playing as Jason. Because when you drop, the match ends for everyone else too.

So if they do employ a "No Jason for at least 3 rounds" on quits/disconnects, those with bad connections that constantly disconnect will just have to learn how to deal with it.

I've only ever dropped from matches that crap out. Never on my own accord or because my internet dropped.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Sure. But eventually people will realize how stupid that behavior is. Especially if they start to notice that it doesn't get them a Jason round any quicker.

And sorry to say, but if your connection isn't stable, and legit disconnects are occurring that much, you STILL shouldn't be playing as Jason. Because when you drop, the match ends for everyone else too.

So if they do employ a "No Jason for at least 3 rounds" on quits/disconnects, those with bad connections that constantly disconnect will just have to learn how to deal with it.

I've only ever dropped from matches that crap out. Never on my own accord or because my internet dropped.

And if these disconnects or quitters have their preference set to counselor and never wanted to play Jason anyway but was chosen by the terrible algorithm? 

Right now it can be difficult to know why a person leaves.  If the game is going to disconnect me, which it still does maybe a third of the time when using Quickplay, it's usually right at the start of the match or a couple minutes into it.  I've never intentionally quit a match once it starts.  The game just decides that for me.

• Like 1