Well someone certainly like to itemize.

5 hours ago, The-Almighty-Zugs said:

And why shouldn't that happen? For fairness? 

Better positioning for one? But if that is happening mid static then I do agree that that should be looked at.

Yes, for fairness. Do you think you should be able to be picked up while Jason is invisible? You want people to have a survival instinct and to know they are going to have to play tough to survive, not think its a hopeless cause. 

In my example, I tell you there is no indication to inform you he is around, you are going about trying to complete objectives, what exactly is better positioning when moving between cabins looking for items and then suddenly youre in his grab?

Your driving the car and you know he knows your driving the car. He could pop out at any moment. That's the point. It's an escape. That's Jason.

And red indicator? Look at the damn road. If he pops in out of nowhere, that's because that's what Jason does. If you know where he's coming from at all times that takes away from the experience and feeling of victory of your escape. Little things like that can totally shift the balances between Jason and counselors. 

The car I can let slide more than being grabbed because you still have a chance to do something after he stops the car, but being in his grab and then having an almost instant execution is not fun. Sometimes itll happen, fine, but it should be dependent on variables such as I listed. Reread my post, at no point did I say I need a constant indicator of his location, I was simply describing a scenario that there was no indication (no visual contact, no chase music, no red indicator on the minimap) of his proximity. 

You honestly think its silly that a full health or high composure character should have a higher chance of escaping his grasp than an injured or low composure councilor?

You obviously aren't in favor of Jason being OP. Everyone seems to say "I'm okay with Jason being OP, but...... we need to change this, do this and that". A lot of times, they aren't recognizing what impacts they will have on other aspects of the game and how major a change it could actually be. 

And you already have a ton at your disposal to not get killed, let alone escape. You have much more than SOME ability. Again, your missing the point. This is not supposed to be an equal playing field. Or even that close to one. 

Dont tell me what I am or what Im not in favor of. I have been defending Jasons OP abilities for months on this forum, even being one hoping for Stalk to be the power it turned out to be, months before it was announced, and applauding every decision that made Jason tougher. I want him to be strong. What I dont want is him to be cheap. If a match becomes shift-grab, near-instant kill animation. What is the fun? There isnt a hope for the councilor, and the thrill of the hunt is lost entirely.

I have about 180 matches under my belt and 1 thing is for sure, Jasons are getting a lot better at this game. I played 10 matches yesterday and only twice did more than 1 councilor escape, and only half the matches had any survivor at all. First few days, I played multiple matches where everyone escaped.

So Jason stumbles upon you and does what exactly? Does he just sit there, not able to to do anything? Why don't we also give a delay for the counselors to put items into the vehicles? Why not delay them from opening doors or windows? Like come on. What your proposing is ridiculous. If you want to make sure that systems that were already put into the game are working as they should, that's fine. But your changing how the game functions.

On the delay, I mean there should be a delay in the executions becoming available AFTER he has grabbed you. People button mash right now and you can have near-instant executions. Again, I already explained this. A full health, high strength or composure councilor should realistically struggle longer before Jason can perform a kill. That would give incentive to hunting and injuring councilors before grabbing them, because there is a good chance if you dont, they will get out of the grip and cause you to be momentarily stunned. Stop blowing things out of proportion, Im not asking for drastic changes to the game. Im asking for the mechanics IN the game to work more in line with the way they have been described to us. 

If you spawn next to the car or the phone box, get the hell out of there. Get in a Cabin. Pretty simple. Many times, I've spawned there and Jason showed up. Did I die right away? Hello no. When I didn't know how the game worked in the beginning, I did die when I spawned next to the car a few times. You have to get more experience in game and learn how things work.  

Jason could spawn anywhere on the map and come across a counselor. It's chance that you take. And a chance he takes. Not allowing him to use this ability right away would give the counselors a huge upper hand. 

Again context; Im not arguing about having Jason morph right next to you seconds into a game, that might happen, does happen and more often than not I survive situations like that, because Jason doesnt have all his tricks yet, so its easy enough to get away if you play smart and get a little lucky. 

My point was that early into the game, the councilor should have no fear and full health. Right? So if you do get unlucky and he morphs right next to you and you do get caught, isnt it reasonable in that situation for that councilor to stand a pretty good chance of getting out of that grip, especially if they have high composure or strength? Wouldnt it be reasonable to say that person probably should have a better chance of escaping his grip than someone half way through the match, that is injured and doesnt have the highest strength or composure, or high fear levels?

Im perfectly happy with the game, and average about a 50% survival rate as councilor and about 6-7 kills as Jason. Im merely suggesting that having a few MINOR tweaks to EXISTING mechanics would prevent those mechanics from being seen as cheap bullshit, but rather powerful tools that can be both used and countered by skilled players on either side of the mask. 

13 minutes ago, The-Almighty-Zugs said:

He did read your post. And even responded to it directly. If you actually read his, you may learn something. 

No he didn't. I'm not suggesting making Jason harder...

There is an entire game mechanic that the devs balanced the game around (what was that stat that was supposed to affect grab-breaking again?) that is going totally unused because this is possible.

I can escape with counselor 90% of the time that I play, and I don't care if Jason instant kills me-- but the game was not designed this way. It's boring. Are counselors supposed to hit each other to save each other? Too bad, they can't, because Jason has iframes while grabbing and iframes while performing an execution. Pocketknives are boring too, another bandaid solution. It becomes a binary situation. You are instakilled or you have a pocketknife. If you're so smart, why the hell did devs put the grab meter in the game? :blink:

If I reread his post, I may learn how to read at a 3rd grade level again...:D

2 hours ago, Ryve said:

Once again, I prove every single game I am Jason that it doesn't.
And I have not just faced bad counsellors. Some of them are good and cooperate.

You say you can't get through to me with your info, but I just know it's wrong, because I never shift-grab and shift-attack, yet I wipe the board.
This proves that the game won't be ruined by it. Maybe the Jason players need to get better that they don't have to rely on shift-grabbing or shift-attacking.

That is because right now you might aswell go 5 minutes afk or 10 and the councellors still somehow manage to  not get anything done and run circles. That will change though.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 2:36 AM, ericrightshow said:

I feel like the execution animation should be interruptible (by other counselors). it seems weird that once it's starts, there's nothing you can do but watch.

This would be easily abused by a group of counselors. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 10:02 AM, Ryve said:

It's not about not liking the argument, I just haven't seen any arguments to keep shift-grabbing in other then Git Gud or it'll make it too easy, which is just not true.

And have you actually read all of the posts on this topic? It's thoroughly explained. 

• Like 1

Facts speak for itself the minority support the possible nerf while us the MAJORITY, and players that are actually good at the game and don't cry over garbage stuff, are opposed to it. Don't like it leave is all I can say.

11 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Facts speak for itself the minority support the possible nerf while us the MAJORITY, and players that are actually good at the game and don't cry over garbage stuff, are opposed to it. Don't like it leave is all I can say.

Really? Because the poll I took in the General Discussion forum showed the exact opposite (31 to 6). Back up your statement with numbers. But hey, you said it yourself, the grab meter is a garbage mechanic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, raf1ki said:

Really? Because the poll I took in the General Discussion forum showed the exact opposite (31 to 6). Back up your statement with numbers. But hey, you said it yourself, the grab meter is a garbage mechanic.

Lol a poll of 37 people lol get out here cause yea only 37 people play this game lol I'm done with you. Your interpretation skills are terrible too btw lol garbage as in nothing important sir. You want REAL numbers go their Facebook page, their twitter page, these forums, etc. enough said.

Ok buddy, but nice job with your statement about "most of us." This is not a discussion about whether the game is balanced or not, it's about a broken mechanic that has no purpose being in the game. When you reduce it to a question of skill and insult other players by saying they must be bad at counselor, you create a false equivalency. Whether or not someone gets caught by Jason (I make it out in the majority of games) has little to do with the issue at hand. The issue at hand is that the grab meter is completely pointless, but you are so oversensitive about wanting Jason to be powerful that you lose reading comprehension skills and feel threatened by people suggesting any changes to the game. It's as if you were defending the bridge hiding spot abuse because you wanted counselors to be powerful. :wacko: 

21 minutes ago, raf1ki said:

Ok buddy, but nice job with your statement about "most of us." This is not a discussion about whether the game is balanced or not, it's about a broken mechanic that has no purpose being in the game. When you reduce it to a question of skill and insult other players by saying they must be bad at counselor, you create a false equivalency. Whether or not someone gets caught by Jason (I make it out in the majority of games) has little to do with the issue at hand. The issue at hand is that the grab meter is completely pointless, but you are so oversensitive about wanting Jason to be powerful that you lose reading comprehension skills and feel threatened by people suggesting any changes to the game. It's as if you were defending the bridge hiding spot abuse because you wanted counselors to be powerful. :wacko: 

Ha that's absolutely false the counselors shouldn't be getting away and I'm against glitch spots and the mechanic is not broken and it does come down to skill if it doesn't then please explain to me how the games majority rarely gets caught by the shift grab and the ones that do complain huh answer me that if it's so broken it should, for the majority of the time work, right? And did you not read this forum isn't about the grab meter it's the shift grab and insta-kill but nice try I want the game to be like the movies just as the devs. stated when they started the project, and for the most part it is and we legit fans don't want others to ruin it. Don't like it as I've stated before leave and play dead by daylight or evolve. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Ha that's absolutely false the counselors shouldn't be getting away and I'm against glitch spots and the mechanic is not broken and it does come down to skill if it doesn't then please explain to me how the games majority rarely gets caught by the shift grab and the ones that do complain huh answer me that if it's so broken it should, for the majority of the time work, right? And did you not read this forum isn't about the grab meter it's the shift grab and insta-kill but nice try I want the game to be like the movies just as the devs. stated when they started the project, and for the most part it is and we legit fans don't want others to ruin it. Don't like it as I've stated before leave and play dead by daylight or evolve. Thanks.

I can barely understand you because of your grammar and poor ability to construct logical sentences but I will try. This thread is about insta-kills as you said, which is because the grab meter has no point. Instakills do not take skill because if both players just button mash, Jason gets to perform one 100% of the time. By introducing the proposed mechanic, Jason still wins the majority of encounters, which thereby negates your concern that the game becomes less like the movies.

Finally, you can't stop me from posting my opinions by telling me to leave. Thanks.

1 hour ago, The-Almighty-Zugs said:

This would be easily abused by a group of counselors. 

You're absolutely right. After playing enough games I realized it's fine as it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ericrightshow said:

You're absolutely right. After playing enough games I realized it's fine as it is.

True don't need a change but his grab instant kill does that's the problem 

55 minutes ago, raf1ki said:

Well the ones who would be looking for a thread like that would be ones who have a problem with it. And the ones who seek it out. The majority of those that are just enjoying the game and have no problems won't be here (in mass). The only way you could fairly host a poll would be if Gun did it, mass Social Media.  

49 minutes ago, raf1ki said:

Ok buddy, but nice job with your statement about "most of us." This is not a discussion about whether the game is balanced or not, it's about a broken mechanic that has no purpose being in the game.

I'd like to chime in on a few points. For a lot of people it does seem to be a question of balance. Whether or not they realize that is another story. But many people have shifted from the topic of grabbing in general to removing the Shift Grab all together. And that has started a lot arguments and name calling. All of the arguments that have been brought up in favor of the removal of SG, seem to be from players who don't have a lot of experience (based on the examples and logic they give). They are looking from the counselors point of view alone and not Jasons or of the entire game for that matter.    

When you reduce it to a question of skill and insult other players by saying they must be bad at counselor, you create a false equivalency.

For me at least, I'm not saying that if you complain your a bad player. A lot of the arguments that have been brought up though (not specifically the grab mechanic) could be solved if they were to play more and gain more experience.   

Whether or not someone gets caught by Jason (I make it out in the majority of games) has little to do with the issue at hand.

I realize that's not what your saying yes. Your staying on topic. But many of the others who are on here are directly relating their problems to getting caught.  

The issue at hand is that the grab meter is completely pointless, but you are so oversensitive about wanting Jason to be powerful that you lose reading comprehension skills and feel threatened by people suggesting any changes to the game. It's as if you were defending the bridge hiding spot abuse because you wanted counselors to be powerful. :wacko: 

The grab meter does hold some value in my opinion. Is it the best mechanic? I don't know. It works though. Can it be tweaked? Maybe. If Jason is in the right position he can kill quickly. But even if he grabs you, if he's not in the right place for a kill animation to start it won't allow it. This give more time. When I first started playing I took this to mean that Jason always had his basic kill available but the others took longer to show up. 

22 minutes ago, SSR GOKU BLACK said:

True don't need a change but his grab instant kill does that's the problem 

Please explain why you think this is a problem. I'm not challenging you here, I legitimately want to hear your arguments on why "instant kills" should be looked at.  

Thanks for taking the time to type a thoughtful response. I had the same train of thought about understanding the grab meter and kill availability as I was learning the game.

Jason can easily just spin around to secure the kill in plain milliseconds, so it's bad design if the devs were relying on the environment blocking his kills as the reason to justify the grab meter. I think pocketknives are bad too = equally binary. Either the counselor has one - and they are guaranteed freedom, or they don't, and they are guaranteed instant death. A 2 second minigame that became more difficult the more injured/lower stats counselors had would be a better solution. A minigame that would almost always result in death for a full hp counselor, mind you. One mistake would give Jason his kills. But if Jason was hit by other counselors, the counselor in his grip would have a longer chance at the minigame. The point of all of this would be to create a reason for the counselors to keep on struggling, even if death is guaranteed! Otherwise, there is just no point to having a grab meter.

We could use the same thing for pocketknives. A single button press that has to correspond with the correct icon that flashes on the screen. Anything to get rid of the paper scissors rock game that has become so stale.

An underlooked part of the problem here is that Jason has iframes when he grabs the counselor, and iframes when he kills them. It is impossible for counselors to save each other from a Jason who instakills. I don't know about you, but I always instakill, and I am seeing most other Jasons do so too. This might be fine in the balance of the game right now, but it has essentially removed a whole SECOND other game mechanic. The grab meter is useless, and so is attempting to free other counselors! So the importance is in retaining balance (if we agree that it is well balanced) while adding depth the game! I don't see what the problem is with that. I know minigames can be kind of lame, but its better than losing all control and watching cutscene after cutscene, and a desperately impossible minigame during Jason's grasp (I mean really, I want it impossible if you are low stats/stamina/injured) would be maniacally fun. Imagine the panic players will have.

By the way, I have no problem at all with pulling off complicated kills in crowded places. All it takes is 1 step and 1 spin of the mouse to find room and I can execute them within, you guessed it, milliseconds. The grab meter is totally pointless, and I'm hearing more and more complaints about it from the counselors I'm killing. I agree with them, it's not fun for me either. I'm not sure a minigame is the best solution, but it's the only one I can think of, and the only other thing I'm hearing (from people less respectful than you) is "la la la this game is perfect, you need to get better at it."

:angry::angry::angry:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The-Almighty-Zugs said:

Please explain why you think this is a problem. I'm not challenging you here, I legitimately want to hear your arguments on why "instant kills" should be looked at.  

Well for one what's the point of haveing a button smash if it never works also Jenny use to be my main with her 10/10 composure but it's useless now with Jason able to instant kill u so you got the less fear for composure big woop if your not alone and being alone in a 1v1 with Jason is point less y combat mode u Dodge he grabs u block he grabs wait u hit in the middle of your swine he grabs combat mods only good if u have 2 people  also even if u have anther person and Jason grabs u 9/10 u will die any ways cause he kills so fast u better be on Jason's as and hope the swing hits Jason can grab far away and im not talking about shift grab  all Jason needs to do is just grab u and he wins oh wait you have a pocket knife good for u wait he grabs you again no 2nd pocket knife you lose takes that's y shift grab is broken because of the grab it self people like Jenny aj and Adam should be able to get out of grab early game easy unless your fears high are you are damaged injuryed

6 hours ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Do everyone a favor and get off the forums dont try to tell people what most people are saying speak for yourself

9 hours ago, raf1ki said:

I can barely understand you because of your grammar and poor ability to construct logical sentences but I will try. This thread is about insta-kills as you said, which is because the grab meter has no point. Instakills do not take skill because if both players just button mash, Jason gets to perform one 100% of the time. By introducing the proposed mechanic, Jason still wins the majority of encounters, which thereby negates your concern that the game becomes less like the movies.

Finally, you can't stop me from posting my opinions by telling me to leave. Thanks.

Since you can't understand I'll slow it down for you ok T H I S  T H R E A D  I S    A B O U T  T H E  S H I F T  G R A B. Read the original post and I read your other post as well and I'm finally seeing what you and others are saying. To sum it all up you guys are basically mad at Jason for doing his job by killing you, and since he doesn't hold you long enough for you to get away or a friend to save you, which in turn leads to your death your upset. So basically what your saying is your upset for Jason doing HIS JOB. I mean do your research and go watch the films and please tell me how many times Jason just holds a counselor without instantly killing them or holds a counselor while someone tries to help, do that then come back to me. Also if you bother reading I'm not telling you to leave the forum you have every bit of a right to be here and state your opinion just as I, I'm saying you can leave the game and play something else if it's THAT BIG OF A DEAL TO YOU.

2 hours ago, Terminator52 said:

Do everyone a favor and get off the forums dont try to tell people what most people are saying speak for yourself

Most people, wow you are legit crazy person. Do you not know the meaning of the word most lol that's sad like I said many times before check your numbers before you start slinging around the "most" thing and I'm not nor do I have to go anywhere. Also I'm pretty sure I'm not speaking for myself I believe I'm speaking for the ACTUAL FANS and majority of the people who don't want a FANTASTIC game ruined.

The shift + grabbing is actually cancer and I agree with the TC... even though I'm a backer and am enjoying the game, there's something wrong with shifting + grabbing as Jason.

I feel like the dev's should lock his grab for 2 seconds after a shift and only allow him to attack with his weapon, the trade off is that his weapon range should be 1.25x the range after a shift so it's almost a guaranteed hit. So long as counselors run thick skinned (which is basically the best perk in the game) they should have a better chance even if they get cheap shotted by Jason's weapon after a shift...

But yeah, grabbing should only be allowed when in combat range of a counselor and not immediately after a shift. That way if someone does decide to fight you, you can just grab them and kill them easily. It's also a lot more akin to the movies where someone just keeps running full blast and Jason just methodically walks behind them until they trip / fall (in this game's case, run out of stamina) and then Jason goes in for the kill.

I agree that shifting + grabbing needs to just disappear... it really does kill the game and most people who get caught by it in the first 5 minutes of a match just rage out any way... so it's not helping any one at this point... most people just D/C to deny the try hard Jason's XP and the person playing as Jason never even has to try. There's never a full lobby of amazing counselors any way... you might get 1 super annoying one but you could always just save that person until the end of the game and tunnel them until they finally run out of options.

11 hours ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Lol a poll of 37 people lol get out here cause yea only 37 people play this game lol I'm done with you. Your interpretation skills are terrible too btw lol garbage as in nothing important sir. You want REAL numbers go their Facebook page, their twitter page, these forums, etc. enough said.

You made a critical  mistake in your argument. You assume that the majority of players is good, which is automatically false. Good & bad players are always the minority. Most are average.

PS4: If Jason grabs me I don't even try to break free, even if I mash on the button to break free it never works. I even added the perk that helps the counselor break free but it didn't help. To fix this situation someone suggested that the counselors health should be a factor, I think this a good fix. The healthier the counselor the bigger the break away bar is. However, I still think Reggie (the kid from Friday the 13th: A New Blood) should randomly jump on Jason's back when a counselor is caught. It could happen only once per game and it would be totally random.

13 hours ago, XRizerX said:

The shift + grabbing is actually cancer and I agree with the TC... even though I'm a backer and am enjoying the game, there's something wrong with shifting + grabbing as Jason.

I feel like the dev's should lock his grab for 2 seconds after a shift and only allow him to attack with his weapon, the trade off is that his weapon range should be 1.25x the range after a shift so it's almost a guaranteed hit. So long as counselors run thick skinned (which is basically the best perk in the game) they should have a better chance even if they get cheap shotted by Jason's weapon after a shift...

But yeah, grabbing should only be allowed when in combat range of a counselor and not immediately after a shift. That way if someone does decide to fight you, you can just grab them and kill them easily. It's also a lot more akin to the movies where someone just keeps running full blast and Jason just methodically walks behind them until they trip / fall (in this game's case, run out of stamina) and then Jason goes in for the kill.

I agree that shifting + grabbing needs to just disappear... it really does kill the game and most people who get caught by it in the first 5 minutes of a match just rage out any way... so it's not helping any one at this point... most people just D/C to deny the try hard Jason's XP and the person playing as Jason never even has to try. There's never a full lobby of amazing counselors any way... you might get 1 super annoying one but you could always just save that person until the end of the game and tunnel them until they finally run out of options.

So you don't want shift grab but you prefer to increase melee range but you said it yourself if you have the thick skin perk it would basically be pointless, which the majority of the time one melee hit isn't going to cripple the counselor and slow them down anyways, and once shift has been used it has to cool down before Jason can use it again and unless the guy using Jason is one of the runners the counselor is going to get away so explain how that theory would make any sense.