4 minutes ago, Ryve said:

Alright, Broly1337 and SSR GOKU BLACK, how about you 2 get a room and kiss it out. These last 3 posts(4 including this one) have brought nothing to the discussion other the negativity. It's fine to have these feelings, but keep it in the bedroom and not here. 

The irony in this post.

27 minutes ago, Pappus said:

What facts are wrong?

-Jason is no threat until he unlocks shift, that's just not true. I am plenty of a threat even before. As Jason you just have to know where to focus before you have it.
-Jason cant shift-grab if you run straight and he comes straight behind you. That's just wrong.
-The whole thing about morph-grid is also wrong.

1 hour ago, Ryve said:

Alright, Broly1337 and SSR GOKU BLACK, how about you 2 get a room and kiss it out. These last 3 posts(4 including this one) have brought nothing to the discussion other the negativity. It's fine to have these feelings, but keep it in the bedroom and not here. 

Calm down kid

33 minutes ago, Ryve said:

-Jason is no threat until he unlocks shift, that's just not true. I am plenty of a threat even before. As Jason you just have to know where to focus before you have it.
-Jason cant shift-grab if you run straight and he comes straight behind you. That's just wrong.
-The whole thing about morph-grid is also wrong.

You cant even catch up to anyone with a stamina bar before you have shift. You are a jogger only in your mind are you a threat to anything but windows and doors at that stage.

Many straight line shifts will whiff against vanessa if they dont insta grab and ram you due to her speed. I didn't say they can't hit you if you go straight. They can, but you never go straight anyhow.

The morph grid can be wrong, but it is the most logical explanation why you always end up on the exact same spot although you clicked differently. How does it work in your mind?

The only other way would be morph blocked zones that push you away, but then the inconsistency at phoneboxes would not be present. Some phoneboxes you land 5m away from while others you are like 15m. No reason to declare a 5m zone at one box and a 15m zone at the next. Feel free to tell us how you think it works.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Yeah, I can dodge a shift too, do it more often than not. Im talking about those times when you get grabbed during the static portion. There is no time to react, and that shouldnt happen. Static should end, Jason should be visible, then he can start grabbing.

And why shouldn't that happen? For fairness? 

Ive had matches that there is no music to indicate he is around, screen goes static for about a second, and midway through the static Ive already been grabbed. What exactly is the counter for that?

Better positioning for one? But if that is happening mid static then I do agree that that should be looked at.

Same applies to the car, been driving, no chase music, no red indicator on map, then suddenly car gets stomped. No indication, no opportunity to react.

Your driving the car and you know he knows your driving the car. He could pop out at any moment. That's the point. It's an escape. That's Jason.

And red indicator? Look at the damn road. If he pops in out of nowhere, that's because that's what Jason does. If you know where he's coming from at all times that takes away from the experience and feeling of victory of your escape. Little things like that can totally shift the balances between Jason and counselors. 

Jason should be OP, Im all in favor of that, but realistically you have to have SOME ability to control your own fate, otherwise there is no fun or incentive to keep playing.

You obviously aren't in favor of Jason being OP. Everyone seems to say "I'm okay with Jason being OP, but...... we need to change this, do this and that". A lot of times, they aren't recognizing what impacts they will have on other aspects of the game and how major a change it could actually be. 

And you already have a ton at your disposal to not get killed, let alone escape. You have much more than SOME ability. Again, your missing the point. This is not supposed to be an equal playing field. Or even that close to one. 

Im also in favor of a delay before executions become available, the delay should be based on a number of items like councilor stats and health, Jason stats, and the time left in the match

So Jason stumbles upon you and does what exactly? Does he just sit there, not able to to do anything? Why don't we also give a delay for the counselors to put items into the vehicles? Why not delay them from opening doors or windows? Like come on. What your proposing is ridiculous. If you want to make sure that systems that were already put into the game are working as they should, that's fine. But your changing how the game functions.

I think its nonsense that Jason might teleport on top of you 5 seconds into the match, say if you spawn next to the car or phone box, and then he grabs and kills you in 1 second, regardless of the fact that your character didnt have high fear, had full health and might even have high strength or composure. 

If you spawn next to the car or the phone box, get the hell out of there. Get in a Cabin. Pretty simple. Many times, I've spawned there and Jason showed up. Did I die right away? Hello no. When I didn't know how the game worked in the beginning, I did die when I spawned next to the car a few times. You have to get more experience in game and learn how things work.  

Jason could spawn anywhere on the map and come across a counselor. It's chance that you take. And a chance he takes. Not allowing him to use this ability right away would give the counselors a huge upper hand. 

On 6/4/2017 at 10:02 AM, Ryve said:

It's not about not liking the argument, I just haven't seen any arguments to keep shift-grabbing in other then Git Gud or it'll make it too easy, which is just not true.

Well it would make it much easier to escape Jason if it was removed. There would be no balance. Read any of the comments on here. And you can zig zag to avoid being shift grabbed so it can be a matter of "getting good".

If you never do it, then why do you care if it would get removed.

Because he realizes what this will do to the game. 

Of course if I get caught in the open(which is sometimes unavoidable, since you can't just sit in 1 cabin) I will have a hard time, but if I can get to a cabin I can try to survive, or at least postpone. Shift-grabbing removes that though, there is no running for a cabin if the Jason does this, there is only dodging and hoping that the Jason isn't good at it, because if a Jason is really good at it, there's just about no dodging it.

He can't shift at all times. Zig zag'ing is just one way to out maneuver him. As well you have more than enough time to get away and into a cabin. It's not like he has the ability to shift without a cool down. It's meant to be difficult. 

7 minutes ago, The-Almighty-Zugs said:

Well it would make it much easier to escape Jason if it was removed. And you can zig zag to avoid being shift grabbed so it can be a matter of "getting good"

Because he realizes what this will do to the game. 

He can't shift at all times so if you zig zag and out maneuver him you have more than enough time to get away and into a cabin. It's not like he has the ability to shift without a cool down. It's meant to be difficult. 

Once more, wrong.......
You say it is going to be MUCH easier to escape and that they realise what it will do to the game.

I never shift-grab as Jason and I consistently kill 7/7 or 8/8.

It's true that you can try to avoid it, but the better the Jason is at it, the less avoiding there is and my main issue is that a lot of Jason's aren't even playing the game anymore, they are playing the shift-grab mini-game. The more they do it, the better they'll get at it and eventually that'll be 80% of the game.
That way there is no hunt and chase.
People complain about counsellors that try to win by hiding somewhere for 20 minutes because "it's not how the game is supposed to be played".
To me, this is the same thing.

I want this change, not to make it easier, because it's still not easy to survive.
I want this change for the health of the game.
A lot of players are frustrated by this mechanic that is not needed for Jason to win and a lot of players will stop playing because of it, if they haven't already.
This is very similar to the window hopping problem in DBD.
In DBD, the survivors had the advantage and the devs took way too long to fix the window-hopping problem and that is one of the bigger reasons why a lot of people quit playing earlier then they otherwise would have.

51 minutes ago, Ryve said:

Once more, wrong.......
You say it is going to be MUCH easier to escape and that they realise what it will do to the game.

It's true that you can try to avoid it, but the better the Jason is at it, the less avoiding there is and my main issue is that a lot of Jason's aren't even playing the game anymore, they are playing the shift-grab mini-game. The more they do it, the better they'll get at it and eventually that'll be 80% of the game.
People complain about counsellors that try to win by hiding somewhere for 20 minutes because "it's not how the game is supposed to be played".

I want this change, not to make it easier, because it's still not easy to survive.
A lot of players are frustrated by this mechanic that is not needed for Jason to win and a lot of players will stop playing because of it, if they haven't already.
This is very similar to the window hopping problem in DBD.
In DBD, the survivors had the advantage and the devs took way too long to fix the window-hopping problem and that is one of the bigger reasons why a lot of people quit playing earlier then they otherwise would have.

Again YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES TO KILL 7 OR 8 COUNSELORS if you spend the majority of your time chasing for one then it's a HIGH PROBABILITY others are going to escape and like everyone else has said if you get shift grabbed that's because you must be too predictable, not watching Jason, or just not that good and all of say all we say is is get GOOD that's because that's all that needs to be said I haven't been shift grabbed but maybe once when I first started shift grab is the easier thing to avoid and once they use the shift it has a cool down so like the other guy said gives you plenty of time to book it to a cabin or teamate and you say a lot your facts are mistaken check the forums, the twitter, and the Facebook it's only a minority so yea there's that and if they quit well boo hoo I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED and the game will for sure go on without.

• Like 1

Also I got a test for you some of you say it's so easy to shift grab and kill instantly how about play with me in a game and let's find out if you can't shift grab me and I dodge stop your complaining and trying to ruin a game a MAJORITY of others enjoy just because you aren't getting your way l.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Also I got a test for you some of you say it's so easy to shift grab and kill instantly how about play with me in a game and let's find out if you can't shift grab me and I dodge stop your complaining and trying to ruin a game a MAJORITY of others enjoy just because you aren't getting your way l.

Sure what's your gamer tag can easily shift grab any one how ever doesn't need a nerf

4 hours ago, Ryve said:

Once more, wrong.......

By saying I'm wrong you're saying your point is right. Your obviously not seeing the point I'm making. 

Well good for you, but that really doesn't mean too much. Whether YOU choose to shift grab or not and have good games, is irrelevant. Whether a good game can happen without shift grabbing is not the point. It doesn't change the fact that game play will be affected. The point is that shift grabbing was included on purpose. For a reason.

You want Jason to come out of shift first and then grab yes? This will give counselors way too many advantages to escape not to mention that your fear of Jason (as a player) will diminish because you'll see him coming. A Jason cannot spend all game chasing one counselor. 

It's true that you can try to avoid it, but the better the Jason is at it, the less avoiding there is

That's not always the case. I have encountered Jason's that have been very good at shift grabbing. And I've successfully escaped them. You have to have a strategy. 

That isn't how the game is supposed to be played, and it's not extremely hard to find a hiding counselor near the end of the match anyway. If they want to stay still and hide from me, fine, I'll find them. 

I realize why you want the change. But what your asking will make the game easier. Not to mention it's really not needed. Your missing a lot of key points that I guess your just not grasping. Please read all of the posts on this topic.

The mechanic is needed IMHO. If people don't want to adapt and become better at the game then.... well.... leave. We don't need those types of players. Players that would rather have the game changed than learn how to be better.

16 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Again YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES TO KILL 7 OR 8 COUNSELORS if you spend the majority of your time chasing for one then it's a HIGH PROBABILITY others are going to escape and like everyone else has said if you get shift grabbed that's because you must be too predictable, not watching Jason, or just not that good and all of say all we say is is get GOOD that's because that's all that needs to be said I haven't been shift grabbed but maybe once when I first started shift grab is the easier thing to avoid and once they use the shift it has a cool down so like the other guy said gives you plenty of time to book it to a cabin or teamate and you say a lot your facts are mistaken check the forums, the twitter, and the Facebook it's only a minority so yea there's that and if they quit well boo hoo I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED and the game will for sure go on without.

Thank you. I just don't understand how people are not understanding this. 

14 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

This rank extremism is what bothers me the most.
You are convinced it will ruin the game for some reason.

A small change is all that's needed and I already play without shift-grabbing or shift-attacking and consistently kill everyone.
A small change won't ruin the game and Jason will still be the force to be reckoned with that we all know.

2 minutes ago, The-Almighty-Zugs said:

The mechanic is needed IMHO. If people don't want to adapt and become better at the game then.... well.... leave. We don't need those types of players. Players that would rather have the game changed than learn how to be better.

I prove every game that I'm Jason that it's not needed.
You also say that it's in the game for a reason? I've never heard any news from the devs on that part.

As far as news from the devs goes, they are completely silent on this topic(which annoys me greatly).
I did hear something about the devs having said after beta that they wanted to do something about shift-grabbing, but I have no conformation about that.

3 hours ago, Ryve said:

Have you ever thought as to why that may be? Maybe it's you who is missing something. 

A small change is all that's needed and I already play without shift-grabbing or shift-attacking and consistently kill everyone.

I really don't know what to say to you. Your missing the point everyone is trying to get through to you. 

A small change won't ruin the game and Jason will still be the force to be reckoned with that we all know.

This small change will. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, The-Almighty-Zugs said:

Have you ever thought as to why that may be? Maybe our missing something. 

I really don't know what to say to you. Your missing the point everyone is trying to get through to you. 

This small change will. 

Once again, I prove every single game I am Jason that it doesn't.
And I have not just faced bad counsellors. Some of them are good and cooperate.

You say you can't get through to me with your info, but I just know it's wrong, because I never shift-grab and shift-attack, yet I wipe the board.
This proves that the game won't be ruined by it. Maybe the Jason players need to get better that they don't have to rely on shift-grabbing or shift-attacking.

3 hours ago, Ryve said:

I prove every game that I'm Jason that it's not needed.

That doesn't prove anything. Small sample size. 

You also say that it's in the game for a reason? I've never heard any news from the devs on that part.

Is the feature in the game right now? Yes? There's your first answer. And as to the rest. Actually read the posts that have already been made. There's no point in endlessly repeating them.

As far as news from the devs goes, they are completely silent on this topic(which annoys me greatly).

And I hope they either stay silent or stay true to their craft and explain to all of you who think like this, that you're not seeing the whole picture. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The-Almighty-Zugs said:

Is it in the game right now? Yes? There's your answer. And there are plenty of reasons. 

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So that's why the lake rock exploit is in the game? Because the devs wanted it to be?
That's why the flying bug is in the game? Because the devs wanted it to be?
That's why the VR bug was in the game on launch? Because the devs wanted it to be.

This is the worst kind of reasoning. Completely faulty.
Just about whatever you have said and will say will fall on deaf ears now.
This just proves your thinking prowess aren't up to par.

1 hour ago, Ryve said:

This rank extremism is what bothers me the most.

Rank extremism huh you need to understand that people can dodge it easily also realistically the only thing that needs to be changed is the reach that's it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSR GOKU BLACK said:

Sure what's your gamer tag can easily shift grab any one how ever doesn't need a nerf

You PS4?

I'm glad to see so many threads being posted about this issue.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:15 AM, raf1ki said:
  • Let counselors actually have a chance to break Jason’s grabs instead of letting Jason spam his kill buttons for the instakill. When Jason executes his instakill within milliseconds of its availability, which is now happening in the majority of games, the grab meter has no purpose. Make Jason’s kills fill up like his abilities (have the backgrounds still light up faintly red to indicate when there is room to do them), and give counselors a hectic minigame to increase their struggle meter. Depending on counselor stats and the amount of health and stamina remaining, this minigame can vary from straightforward to extremely random, with many random button flashes at ridiculous speeds. A mistake is penalized by filling Jason’s kills faster. Unless at max stats or the counselor does the minigame with perfect timing, Jason gets the kill. Instead of letting counselors break each other free completely, make it so when Jason gets hit by another counselor, his kill meter loses speed for a moment, forgiving the grabbed counselor a mistake. This would stop counselors from giving up the moment they are grabbed, encourage more cooperation, and prolong the sense of desperation even in the face of the impossible that makes this game so amazing sometimes.

13 minutes ago, raf1ki said:

I'm glad to see so many threads being posted about this issue.

Yea give a mini-game to take more time for Jason which he already has a limited amount of and what are people talking about spamming a kill what do you want him to do, oh wait let me guess have him hold you long enough for you to break free and get away, if he is able to grab you he will be able to kill you unless someone helps or you have a pocket knife. Pretty much to simplify what a minority are saying is I WANT THE GAME TO BE EASIER FOR ME CAUSE I CAN'T WIN ???

• Like 1

Not reading your post because you didn't write in complete sentences or bother to read mine.

2 hours ago, Ryve said:

Once again, I prove every single game I am Jason that it doesn't.

You being in a match and winning it without shift grabbing doesn't prove a damn thing about every Jason player and every single different circumstance you can be faced with. Your short experience alone cannot be used to accurately prove anything. 

You say you can't get through to me with your info, but I just know it's wrong, because I never shift-grab and shift-attack, yet I wipe the board.

lol Good for you! But it really does seem like I can't get through to you. You've been given proof and examples that shift grab is something that is needed. Just read for gods sake. You've been told why it has been included and what shift grabbing aims to counter with counselors. But yet you just say that you know it's wrong. The funny thing is you obviously don't. 

This proves that the game won't be ruined by it. Maybe the Jason players need to get better that they don't have to rely on shift-grabbing or shift-attacking.

Once again, your small sample proves nothing. And with that logic, I could just say that counselors have to learn how to deal with shift grabbing. As they should because it's in the game for a reason.  

2 hours ago, Ryve said:

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So that's why the lake rock exploit is in the game? Because the devs wanted it to be?

I'm not talking about exploits here. I'm not talking about glitches. I'm talking about specific features being added to the game. Shift grab is one of those features. It is not a by product of any mistakes or untested gameplay. It was added into the game. Please use some thought before responding here and jumping to conclusions.  

That's why the flying bug is in the game? Because the devs wanted it to be?
That's why the VR bug was in the game on launch? Because the devs wanted it to be.

Same as I said above. You seem to be confusing bugs and features. They are very different. Bugs and glitches etc should all be fixed. Specific features (especially this one) should and will not be. I recommend you do some reading up on this as it will help you when your trying to get your point across.  

This is the worst kind of reasoning. Completely faulty.
Just about whatever you have said and will say will fall on deaf ears now.
This just proves your thinking prowess aren't up to par.

I didn't just say it was because shift grabbing was in the game. If I did, that would be pointless. I pointed you towards actually reading for once and seeing what others have told you. Your questions have already been answered. But it seems as if your having a bit of a temper tantrum here. You bring up these ridiculous points and then when someone answers and explains things to you, you say that their wrong, your right and don't provide a counter argument. 

You can insult me all you want, it just further proves that your not mentally capable of having a proper debate on these matters. When we bring up examples and circumstances of why Shift-Grabbing is a thing, your main argument is that you don't use it and you still win games. I mean, get over yourself. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, raf1ki said:

Not reading your post because you didn't write in complete sentences or bother to read mine.

He did read your post. And even responded to it directly. If you actually read his, you may learn something. 

• Like 1