On 6/3/2017 at 3:41 PM, Brigadius said:

I might be mistaken but on console I believe you hit grab to exit. It's not a one button activation on consoles. 

Right - you either come out by grab, swing, or using all of the ability as far as I can tell - I thought you could stop it by L1+square (enter shift buttons) but I was spamming it earlier and it didn't work - I guess I never realized before due to the thrill of the hunt

On 6/3/2017 at 2:51 AM, Lv1 Magikarp said:

Pointless even trying to discuss any form of changes on here, too many people who think the game is perfect how it is for some bizarre reason.

Almost like a majority, huh?

• Like 3

I feel like the execution animation should be interruptible (by other counselors). it seems weird that once it's starts, there's nothing you can do but watch.

19 hours ago, cslyles76 said:

You're hearing plenty of arguments, you just don't agree with them. Most people DON'T want the game changed. We like how OP Jason is and we don't want people who have a hard time with the game having it changed so it's easy. It's not supposed to be easy. Escaping or living is supposed to be rare, not the norm,  so if you don't like dying I agree with Cy3er you should play something easier.

Op and broken are two different than let's face it his grabs broken Jenny can't even get out no more 

Said it earlier, but the problem with shift grav isn't shift grab, it's all the other issues surrounding it. As stated by another user, there is 4 distinct issues with Jason's grabbing that make shift grab an issue. That said, shift grab itself is innocent. It's the weird black hole sucking, the i frames, the instant execution stuff that are the real issues. What's worse, everyone here keeps going "git gud" or you just suck and need to play dead by daylight if you wanna escape and stuff like that... Let me clarify, I like the the challenge of escaping in f13. I like how hard Jason is to play against, and I like how op he feels. It makes it fun when I do win, which sadly, since a lot of players are still new, is more often than not... But I still don't like Jason's grabs... Why? Well, I'll put it into a scenario. 4 counselors spawn by the car, near one of the big houses. Said house also has the phone. Inside said house, thanks to rng, is 1 pocket knife. Jason morphs, and as chasing gets shift. Kills a counselor with shift grab, and choke combo, even though another counselor with a machete tries to save them, but can't due to all the i frames, and the instant execution. Jason chases other counselor. Once again, shift grabs, catches them, and uses choke, once again instant killing them. The other two counselors, running away from Jason the other way, escape, only to circle back with car parts. Jason morphs back, sees them, grabs one, and kills them because while they found car parts, they didn't find a knife. Meanwhile, the last of the initial 4 has 2 knives, and thus escapes twice, only for Jason to eventually catch them after the 2 knives and kill them. 

And the thing is, that happens a lot... I have seen it myself as Jason, and as the counselor with the 2 knives, baiting jason to follow me while I distract him from the few remaining survivors. For those other 3, there was no git gud, there was  no you suck... Once they got grabbed, it was over, and yeah, you can argue that then they should have been good to not get grabbed, but let's be real, jason is op. Unless you have an idiot jason, once he is on you, he will catch you eventually, unless he moves off to an easier kill, or tries to stop a car, boat, or something from escaping. Which leads to the grab, which can't be escaped unless you have a knife. Something that RNGesus can only provide. Leaving something to RNG is never an acceptable answer, and is the sign of a broken mechanic rather than simply an op one

• Like 1

Why Jason is abuse? well this way i think jason soon will be useless and without advantages and powers...i only see people crying about it. Come on please...Jason is OP and he should be OP. you never saw the Movies. you guys came from DBD but this is not DBD you must understand that. Stop create ridiculous threads pls...we have steam for ridiculous threads...this is being really toxic. i just see non-construtive posts-, only complaints....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lunarbella said:

Well your an admin of the forum so which argument do you agree with?

we are entitled to our own opinions but I feel getting some kind of Nerf for his grab is just what gamer's call balancing a game there are opinions yes but there are also facts for instant he can shift and instantly grab out of shift, the person who is grabbed will only be saved with a pocket knife because he will be animation locked while his friends try to save him. Factually it would make sense to say well okay lets tweak a few things stop the animation lock or give Jason a cool down on his right click. For instance his pull is magnetic there are videos everywhere on YouTube of people getting pulled from 2 maybe 3 arm lengths away , then does it become an opinion or a fact? It is in the game creators power to fix the game to better the community that will actually stay not the ones who say oh well if you change this I am going to leave ... let them leave when you improve the game and show people yea this is what we have planned yea this is future DLC yea this is what we are going to do about a magnetic grab yes this is what we are going to do about the shift grab, executions are simply too easy that is all I am saying make them work for it don't allow them to as they say .... slap their..... never mind you get the point it is not fair and it should not be allowed to be done it is a video game and it simply is not balanced.

Not fair again your facts are GARBAGE the majority support while the minority complain hence therefore the only people that should be leaving are the people whining about an unnecessary nerf and talking about a community staying in here NO MATTER wat I was a backer and a HUMONGOUS fan of the franchise so speak for yourself. As well dlc is based on profitability, not a minority of the games population that whines when they can't win.

• Like 1

In threads like this the funniest argument is "Idont want an easy game, I just want it balanced." So basically  you have an issue with something in the game and you want it to be nerfed, removed, or whatsoever, so that you dont have to deal with it anymore in its current form. The  definition of this is: "Make it easier for me." Of course calling it balancing sounds nicer. There are already threads about people having difficulties to kill the counselors as Jason. I just recently played a game were five of us escaped and Jason got three kills. I was the first to escape so I could watch it all. Two of his three kills were shift-grabs, but you know what he tried it on almost every other couselor aswell, on some of them multiple times but they could avoid it, they used their surrounding. Even on the outside its not so difficult to avoid shift-grab, their are plenty of trees, fences,rocks and so on, all that are obstacles for Jason when he shifts. Oh, I know, some guys here may say "Then he was a bad Jason, I can kill them all without using shiftgrab."  And that is exactlly the point, YOU can do it others cant. Without shift-grab he would have had one or perhaps none kill. Would this be enjoyable for this guy?

There you would say he needs to train more and when he gets better he gets kills.

Its always, lets call it, manageable once you figured out a technique how you got to do something.

• Like 2

I'm mostly disgruntled by the fact that  Jason can pick you up and then spam a grab kill button and instantly go into a kill animation.

Which means that unless you get that split second single frame in which to perfectly hit him you can only watch your counselor buddy die horribly no matter how hard you try to help them.

Like a two second "wait" period before he can initiate a grab kill would be awesome :o

14 hours ago, FamouZ said:

Why Jason is abuse? well this way i think jason soon will be useless and without advantages and powers...i only see people crying about it. Come on please...Jason is OP and he should be OP. you never saw the Movies. you guys came from DBD but this is not DBD you must understand that. Stop create ridiculous threads pls...we have steam for ridiculous threads...this is being really toxic. i just see non-construtive posts-, only complaints....

I hate dead by daylight..... ?????? I can not deal with people TBH it is just a balancing thing nothing more people are taking this way out of proportion.

Jason's grab mechanic needs work for sure. As it currently stands... Jason can grab you when your clearly out of arm length and when he does grab you, the Jason player can just button smash to perform an instant kill with no chance at all for the counselor to struggle and escape. For this reason, the composure stat is near worthless to consider when choosing a counselor to play. 

Another user on these forums by the name AbyssalDarkness had a pretty good idea in a thread they posted concerning Jason's grab mechanic. The idea was that the counselor and Jason would enter a struggle mode where both are mashing a button to fill up the meter. If the counselor fills it up first, they break free, however if Jason wins the struggle he has effectively locked on to his victim and the kill moves become usable. This would also bring use to the composure stat as counselors with better composure would get a bigger head start on filling up the meter or their button smashes would count more towards filling it up.  

I think the MOST important thing about grab, well just JASON in general is that there are so many animations that make him invincible. Chopping down a door? Invincible. Grabbing someone out of the car? Invincible. Setting a trap? Invincible. Kill animation before the "killing stroke" has been completed? Invincible. Taking a crap? Invincible. Taking a leak? Invincible. Sneezing? Invincible. Looking at Jason the wrong way? Invincible.

Fix all these "invincibility frames" before anything else.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 5:22 AM, Cyb3rReapet said:

Not fair again your facts are GARBAGE the majority support while the minority complain hence therefore the only people that should be leaving are the people whining about an unnecessary nerf and talking about a community staying in here NO MATTER wat I was a backer and a HUMONGOUS fan of the franchise so speak for yourself. As well dlc is based on profitability, not a minority of the games population that whines when they can't win.

Jason's grab does not need a nerf how ever Jason's grab is broken 

1.Jason grabs far away I don't know if this is a ms issue are not

2.you can't get out of Jason's grab no more yes even with Jenny plus perk I tested it what's the point of smashin  the a button when it's a I win button for jason  unless u have a pocket knief but I use those to disarms Jason's traps he has by cars and yet it deletes the pocket knief if we can keep the knief by disarming traps be cool but u cant

3.he can grab in middle of swing how ever  you get the red perk on attack speed Jason can't grab easy most of tine you win tested it

4.combat mode is useless when facing Jason you Dodge he can still grab you attack he can still grab you defend he can still grab y have a combat mode if it's not worth useing

On 6/3/2017 at 3:29 PM, Ryve said:

It's just you. But you seem to be talking about morph. Morph is more inaccurate.

I propose that Jason can't do anything(so he just stands there) for half a second after ending shift. This will stop shift-attacking and shift-grabbing.
Half a second is not a long time, but it should be enough to stop that cheese and turn it into more of a hunt and chase.

That sounds like a fair compromise , but allow some of the Jason skins to have a reduced shift to grab cooldown ? 

17 minutes ago, JackTheTripper said:

Jason's grab mechanic needs work for sure. As it currently stands... Jason can grab you when your clearly out of arm length and when he does grab you, the Jason player can just button smash to perform an instant kill with no chance at all for the counselor to struggle and escape. For this reason, the composure stat is near worthless to consider when choosing a counselor to play. 

Another user on these forums by the name AbyssalDarkness had a pretty good idea in a thread they posted concerning Jason's grab mechanic. The idea was that the counselor and Jason would enter a struggle mode where both are mashing a button to fill up the meter. If the counselor fills it up first, they break free, however if Jason wins the struggle he has effectively locked on to his victim and the kill moves become usable. This would also bring use to the composure stat as counselors with better composure would get a bigger head start on filling up the meter or their button smashes would count more towards filling it up.  

This I like finally some one with a brain and common since

Exiting shift and then instant attacking or instant grabbing needs to have a slight delay, even half a second. It gives you enough time to change direction and or attack if your screen goes static-y.

Ive had times where Jason grabs me before I hear music or, hes already got me in his grip as the screen shows static. THAT is complete bullshit.

Also once grabbed, its a really weird mechanic. As Jason, Ive held a councilor for a good 5 or 6 seconds and never get an option to hit a kill button and then they escape. Other times, as a councilor, Ive been grabbed and before I even get the option to start mashing E to escape, the kill animation has started.

There has got be some stability to this mechanic. Every councilor deserves a chance to escape from a grab, based on Jason's grip strength, Jason's health, Jason's Rage, councilor health, councilor strength and councilor composure. Make it a mini game to fill up a bar, like the repair, or to deplete a bar...whatever. 

Either way, that thing needs to get sorted out. I can understand a high grip strength Jason in rage mode near the end of a match entering a kill animation in 1 second versus a low health councilor. 

I cannot understand a high composure, full health councilor being killed within two seconds of being gripped less than 5 minutes into a match by a non raging, regular grip strength Jason. 

Really? Every time I picked someone up with the grab, another counselor would come up and hit me so I'd drop the first counselor. It was totally lame. 

2 hours ago, pandahsykes said:

That sounds like a fair compromise , but allow some of the Jason skins to have a reduced shift to grab cooldown ? 

I would say no. Anything less then half a second and we're back to shift-grabbing. More isn't needed either.

20 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think the MOST important thing about grab, well just JASON in general is that there are so many animations that make him invincible. Chopping down a door? Invincible. Grabbing someone out of the car? Invincible. Setting a trap? Invincible. Kill animation before the "killing stroke" has been completed? Invincible. Taking a crap? Invincible. Taking a leak? Invincible. Sneezing? Invincible. Looking at Jason the wrong way? Invincible.

Fix all these "invincibility frames" before anything else.

Yea cause not like a group of counselors would just set there and each just keep hitting Jason, knocking him down over and over again while 2 or 3 others go and find car parts or wait til the cops come after finding the fuse. Get out of here there is nothing wrong with the invincibility.

20 hours ago, JackTheTripper said:

That's not a bad idea the only issue would be that it would take longer to get that 1 kill that's if you win the struggle and with some ppl having modded controllers you would most of the time lose the struggle which would make it take even longer having to chase again which gives everyone else time to find parts to fix phone, car, boat, or wait for cops so that wouldn't be fair to the person playing Jason. People need to realize it's nots suppose to be easy to escape that would take ALL the fun out of the game.

1 hour ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Yea cause not like a group of counselors would just set there and each just keep hitting Jason, knocking him down over and over again while 2 or 3 others go and find car parts or wait til the cops come after finding the fuse. Get out of here there is nothing wrong with the invincibility.

Actually it is a flaw in the design. It's like once Jason has entered a certain "state," that state cannot be interrupted by anything. the only states that can be interrupted are walking and holding a counselor, and maybe getting a lucky shot at him in shift(I think I did that once). It's like the game is programmed to have Jason complete a certain action before any attack can change Jason's state. If Jason swings at a door, the game just plays out that animation and it was never programmed in that counselors should be able to hit him during this. I think it is an oversight by the devs. If you think 4 counselors are going to wail on Jason while others gather parts then so be it. That means that particular Jason player is bad. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to overcome that. Jason can teleport to a better position and get out of it.

21 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Exiting shift and then instant attacking or instant grabbing needs to have a slight delay, even half a second. It gives you enough time to change direction and or attack if your screen goes static-y.

No, I've been able to juke a shift, and have been juked while using shift. What instead needs to happen is a slight delay after grabbing before an execution can be used. That would give time for a teammate to free you, thus promoting teamwork.

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Actually it is a flaw in the design. It's like once Jason has entered a certain "state," that state cannot be interrupted by anything. the only states that can be interrupted are walking and holding a counselor, and maybe getting a lucky shot at him in shift(I think I did that once). It's like the game is programmed to have Jason complete a certain action before any attack can change Jason's state. If Jason swings at a door, the game just plays out that animation and it was never programmed in that counselors should be able to hit him during this. I think it is an oversight by the devs. If you think 4 counselors are going to wail on Jason while others gather parts then so be it. That means that particular Jason player is bad. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to overcome that. Jason can teleport to a better position and get out of it.

He can't teleport if he is knocked to the ground and it would have nothing to do with the Jason being bad if four people stand there with weapons especially ones with high strength and just keep swinging you'll hit him the mechanics aren't that bad you usually will connect most of the time I've seen it happen before and you say if that happens so be it then explain to me what the purpose of the game would be because you just single handily took out the Fun aspect of the game.

1 minute ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

He can't teleport if he is knocked to the ground and it would have nothing to do with the Jason being bad if four people stand there with weapons especially ones with high strength and just keep swinging you'll hit him the mechanics aren't that bad you usually will connect most of the time I've seen it happen before and you say if that happens so be it then explain to me what the purpose of the game would be because you just single handily took out the Fun aspect of the game.

Ahem, if you're surrounded, EVENTUALLY your powers will come back. Then just shift away, get some throwing knives, and come back with a vengeance.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ahem, if you're surrounded, EVENTUALLY your powers will come back. Then just shift away, get some throwing knives, and come back with a vengeance.

I understand what your saying about using your powers but what I am trying to say is that you can't use your powers while stunned or knocked down and with a group of people standing there and aren't terrible at aiming will hit you immediately after you stand back up or come out of being stunned, which in turn will not allow you to use your abilities and leave.