Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, cslyles76 said:

Once again, you don't like the argument so you just dismiss it. I don't shift grab as Jason, but I don't mind when it happens to me. It's part of the game and if you're caught by Jason out in the open then that's what happens. Learn to use stealth and tactics to avoid Jason and this really wouldn't be an issue for you. If you do run into Jason then your chances of survival should be very low so shit-grab doesn't bother me.

It's not about not liking the argument, I just haven't seen any arguments to keep shift-grabbing in other then Git Gud or it'll make it too easy, which is just not true.

If you never do it, then why do you care if it would get removed.

Of course if I get caught in the open(which is sometimes unavoidable, since you can't just sit in 1 cabin) I will have a hard time, but if I can get to a cabin I can try to survive, or at least postpone. Shift-grabbing removes that though, there is no running for a cabin if the Jason does this, there is only dodging and hoping that the Jason isn't good at it, because if a Jason is really good at it, there's just about no dodging it.

Overall, removing it improves gameplay. It's more fun to play if you don't get grabbed out of thin air.
I've had people tell me this many times when I'm playing Jason, that they don't mind dying very much because I actually chase them instead of "poof, they are dead".
Informatively, I don't play a Jason that can run.

 

An argument someone else has told me which I find interesting enough to discuss is that they find the speed stat not as useful when facing a Jason that does mostly shift-grabbing because other then trying to dodge and hope there's no real use to running faster. I haven't really thought about this, but I found it interesting enough to share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryve said:

Once again you people say dumb things. I have yet to hear any arguments from people that are true and are not just: "we like it that way".
We never said we wanted the game to be easy, and time after time I say this that time after time, when I'm playing Jason, I kill everyone without a single shift-grab.
Removing shift-grab doesn't make the game easy, it just removes the cheese.
You people are just crying because if this is changed, you'd just lose the only way you're able to get your kills.
Maybe you just need to learn to play Jason better so that you don't have to rely on shift-grabbing.
If you already don't rely on shift-grabbing, then why care if it's removed.

You want arguments I give you some: You have 7 counselors in a full game, if 1 gets killed and returns as Tommy it makes 8, a game lasts 20 minutes at max, that means the Jasonplayer has 2,30 minutes to kill a counselor,for the last one he would have 2.29. Now lets say that he has hit each one of them twice before he could grab and kill them, that alone would make 2.30 per kill a very small amount of time, basiclally it means with 8 counselors(including Tommy) Jason has to deal a total amount of 16 hits before he could kill them all. And now comes the medical spray with which the amount of damage jason dealt would be nullified. Lets say 3 medical sprays are placed in a map, that would mean that means you could end up dealing22 hits before they are all dead, not to mention that you still would have to grab them afterwards which is another hit and makes a total 30.There is also a perk that makes you start with a medical spray and there willbe a time when almost everybody has it.If all counselors have that at the start and can use it at the right moment it would raise the amount of needed hits by another 14 to 44. So you have to land a strike on a counselour ever 27 seconds, then you couldkill them all with 00:01 on the clock. I guess you have not only played as a counselor but as Jason aswell, now tell me have you ever dealt damage to the counselors 44times in one round?

And now the human mind comes into play which likes to take advantge of situations if possible. Now that the counselors dont have to be afraid of getting instantkilled they can build two packs, one of four and of three players. If Jason tracks them down they stay close together, maybe one of them takes a hit, the others hit Jason and stun him.With one hit taken you can still move pretty fast, so there is no need to heal. Now Jason would have to folow them and try to hit the same counselor again while three or four playerstry to hit and stun him. Before he has killed one of themhe has already lost his mask. Itgets even more easy, they stay in one big group of seven, search for the fuse, call the police and just walk out while lauging at Jason because he cant harm them. It would be seven guys bashing one guy around,who is supposed to kill them, but he cant because he is no threat to them. They could even kill himevery single round with eas if they would like too. With instantkill that cant happen because the counselors cant built huge groups and gang up on Jason, he would kill them. Thats how this game is supposed to be, you have to be terrified of Jason and there is always the possiblity that you wont survive the next 10 seconds.

Have you ever considered the fact that one of the reasons the counselors dont just gang up on you and hunt you down instead of hunting them when you are Jason is that they have in mind that if they would try it you could shift grab and instntkill them, even if you never would have the intention of doing it, but they dont know that, all they know is that you could if you would wish too, which affects their gameplay alot.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

You want arguments I give you some: You have 7 counselors in a full game, if 1 gets killed and returns as Tommy it makes 8, a game lasts 20 minutes at max, that means the Jasonplayer has 2,30 minutes to kill a counselor,for the last one he would have 2.29. Now lets say that he has hit each one of them twice before he could grab and kill them, that alone would make 2.30 per kill a very small amount of time, basiclally it means with 8 counselors(including Tommy) Jason has to deal a total amount of 16 hits before he could kill them all. And now comes the medical spray with which the amount of damage jason dealt would be nullified. Lets say 3 medical sprays are placed in a map, that would mean that means you could end up dealing22 hits before they are all dead, not to mention that you still would have to grab them afterwards which is another hit and makes a total 30.There is also a perk that makes you start with a medical spray and there willbe a time when almost everybody has it.If all counselors have that at the start and can use it at the right moment it would raise the amount of needed hits by another 14 to 44. So you have to land a strike on a counselour ever 27 seconds, then you couldkill them all with 00:01 on the clock. I guess you have not only played as a counselor but as Jason aswell, now tell me have you ever dealt damage to the counselors 44times in one round?

And now the human mind comes into play which likes to take advantge of situations if possible. Now that the counselors dont have to be afraid of getting instantkilled they can build two packs, one of four and of three players. If Jason tracks them down they stay close together, maybe one of them takes a hit, the others hit Jason and stun him.With one hit taken you can still move pretty fast, so there is no need to heal. Now Jason would have to folow them and try to hit the same counselor again while three or four playerstry to hit and stun him. Before he has killed one of themhe has already lost his mask. Itgets even more easy, they stay in one big group of seven, search for the fuse, call the police and just walk out while lauging at Jason because he cant harm them. It would be seven guys bashing one guy around,who is supposed to kill them, but he cant because he is no threat to them. They could even kill himevery single round with eas if they would like too. With instantkill that cant happen because the counselors cant built huge groups and gang up on Jason, he would kill them. Thats how this game is supposed to be, you have to be terrified of Jason and there is always the possiblity that you wont survive the next 10 seconds.

Have you ever considered the fact that one of the reasons the counselors dont just gang up on you and hunt you down instead of hunting them when you are Jason is that they have in mind that if they would try it you could shift grab and instntkill them, even if you never would have the intention of doing it, but they dont know that, all they know is that you could if you would wish too, which affects their gameplay alot.

 

All your talk about timing kind of pales in the fact that I never asked Jason to have to hit players before being able to grab them.
I'm all for grabbing at full health and then killing the counsellors.
In my opinion they should even remove the struggle bar and give Jason all the time he wants to find a nice environment kill if no other counsellors are nearby.

All I ask for is a small half a second after shifting that Jason just stands there.
With or without shift-grab counsellors should group up to help each other, but I have not had any problems killing them when they bunched up.
Eventually one of them fucks up or I outplay one and that's one down, on to the next.
If they continually outplay me, every time, well, then they are just better then me and deserve to win, now don't they.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, you only ask for half a second after shifting that Jason just stands there? Then I am happy to tell you that there already is a mechanic that does exaactly this, its called morph.

If you say he should stand there for a short time, that means you cant grab and you cant strike them with your weapon either. So whats the point of standing next to them for a second if you cant do anything but watch how they run away?

By the way You said people say dumb thing and you have yet to hear any argument that are true and "we like it that way.". Well I heard from you until now is "its cheese, you cry because its the only way for you to get kills, maybe you need to learn how to play Jason better." and so on. So basically you say "I get killed by that mechanic and I dont like it. Change it."

You ask for arguments that are true and you deliver none yourself?

I used shiftgrab at first, but I now find it too unreliable, not really precise, there are better and more funny ways to get them. I like to play slowpaced and corner them. Do I get killed by shiftgrab? Yes, of course. Do I complain about it? No, becauseits something that makes the game challenging and seriously if you get the feeling how to move as a counselor the shiftgrab will more often miss than connect and if Jason grabs you, you can struggle or perhaps you got a pocketknife. Shiftgrab is no guaranteed instantkill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

So, you only ask for half a second after shifting that Jason just stands there? Then I am happy to tell you that there already is a mechanic that does exaactly this, its called morph.

If you say he should stand there for a short time, that means you cant grab and you cant strike them with your weapon either. So whats the point of standing next to them for a second if you cant do anything but watch how they run away?

By the way You said people say dumb thing and you have yet to hear any argument that are true and "we like it that way.". Well I heard from you until now is "its cheese, you cry because its the only way for you to get kills, maybe you need to learn how to play Jason better." and so on. So basically you say "I get killed by that mechanic and I dont like it. Change it."

You ask for arguments that are true and you deliver none yourself?

I used shiftgrab at first, but I now find it too unreliable, not really precise, there are better and more funny ways to get them. I like to play slowpaced and corner them. Do I get killed by shiftgrab? Yes, of course. Do I complain about it? No, becauseits something that makes the game challenging and seriously if you get the feeling how to move as a counselor the shiftgrab will more often miss than connect and if Jason grabs you, you can struggle or perhaps you got a pocketknife. Shiftgrab is no guaranteed instantkill.

I have made many arguments already in many different threads.
Basically it comes down to:
-There's no need for it as Jason is still the force we know now without it.
-With shift-grabbing kills in the game stop being hunt and chase and becomes a mini-game on the side of Jason. It dumbs down the game.
-The only way to counter it is being lucky that you either find the right item or that the Jason is bad at it.(Yes, you are vulnerable out in the open, but you can't sit in a cabin for 20 minutes now can you.)
-The game is generally more enjoyable for many people with it gone. A lot of people don't like it, so they would have a better experience with it gone and a lot of people saying they want to keep it also say they don't rely on it, so they won't feel much(if any) of an impact.

 

I am glad that you find a lot of other ways of killing counsellors more fun, because that is what the game is supposed to be about.
Not everyone plays that way though and a lot of lesser Jason players that have no idea how to hunt and chase just start relying on purely that, and that is not the game I signed on for.

You are right, I am saying "I get killed by that mechanic and I don't like that and I would like it changed". But that doesn't make me wrong.
I get killed other ways as well, but I don't mind, I often find it glorious.

I'm also glad you talk about me saying that some people may need to learn to play Jason better, because the whole reason I said that, is because that is the exact argument that others are using, but in reverse. Maybe you need to learn to play counsellor better to avoid Jason <--> Maybe you need to learn to play Jason better to not have to rely on shift-grabs and shift-attacks. If our side(simplifying here) were to say anything about your side's argument, all we get back in our face is Git Gud and now that I've turned the argument around, the first response I want a mechanic changed "just because I don't like it".
A lot of people didn't like what Hitler did, did that make him wrong? Not because they didn't like it. He was wrong in what he was doing because of what he was doing. He was a monster of a person. The people liking what he was doing or not has nothing to do with the fact that it was wrong, so please understand that me not liking it and me wanting to get rid of it are not reasons to say I am wrong.

 

 

I am quiet tired of this discussion and I'm sure the devs have plenty to read about this by now.
They'll make their decision and there is little more to be said by either side anymore that will make a difference in what their decision will be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made an account just to comment on this, but to be honest, my biggest issue with shift grab is when it's paired with an insta kill animation like choke. Unless you have a pocket knife, it's just instantly dead, and that's not okay at all. There's no git gud there, there's no you need to play smarter, there's no nothing... You just got messed over because jason shift grabbed you, and then used a move that instantly kills you if you weren't lucky enough to find a pocket knife... And let's not act like a lot of shift grab users don't use a kill that has full i frames like the choke... It happens more often than not. If you have no way to defend yourself at all, that's not even about being op... That's just a broken mechanic. I don't mind Jason being op, I don't even mind shift grab with a normal kill... Least then I have a chance to escape or a chance for my teammates to save me... I do have a proboem with a broken mechanic of being op, and a full i framed kill move that can only be stopped by an item you may or may not find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say that I am tired of discussions like this aswell.

Even if I might sound like I am relic of ancient times but in cases like this I miss the days without DLCs, patches, and all that stuff.

When a game was released it was what it was. Love it or leave it.

Nowadays so many people say "Buff this, nerf that, thats broken, i dont like that" and so on".

I dont use the shiftgrab,  I get killed by it from time to time, but I hope it stays like it is.. I can deal with, sometimes I am able tododge it, sometimes I have a knife, sometimes it is game over for this round,but I would never ask anybody to change a mechanic so that a game shifts a little bit more in my direction of playing the game. In my opinion I must get accustom to the game, not the game to me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reach range might be a little too long, but I have no problem with Shift/grab.  Honestly there seem to be about 23423 pocket knives per map, so jason is better off shift/swiing to weaken the player, so if they run after the pocket knife, they won't get far..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never shift grab but I don't cry when it happens to me because realistically it's not that easy to do and takes perfect timing so unless your standing still or again running in straight lines you shouldn't get caught that easily and if you were to play with me I would slaughter everyone without performing one shift grab. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ryve said:

I have made many arguments already in many different threads.
Basically it comes down to:
-There's no need for it as Jason is still the force we know now without it.
-With shift-grabbing kills in the game stop being hunt and chase and becomes a mini-game on the side of Jason. It dumbs down the game.
-The only way to counter it is being lucky that you either find the right item or that the Jason is bad at it.(Yes, you are vulnerable out in the open, but you can't sit in a cabin for 20 minutes now can you.)
-The game is generally more enjoyable for many people with it gone. A lot of people don't like it, so they would have a better experience with it gone and a lot of people saying they want to keep it also say they don't rely on it, so they won't feel much(if any) of an impact.

 

I am glad that you find a lot of other ways of killing counsellors more fun, because that is what the game is supposed to be about.
Not everyone plays that way though and a lot of lesser Jason players that have no idea how to hunt and chase just start relying on purely that, and that is not the game I signed on for.

You are right, I am saying "I get killed by that mechanic and I don't like that and I would like it changed". But that doesn't make me wrong.
I get killed other ways as well, but I don't mind, I often find it glorious.

I'm also glad you talk about me saying that some people may need to learn to play Jason better, because the whole reason I said that, is because that is the exact argument that others are using, but in reverse. Maybe you need to learn to play counsellor better to avoid Jason <--> Maybe you need to learn to play Jason better to not have to rely on shift-grabs and shift-attacks. If our side(simplifying here) were to say anything about your side's argument, all we get back in our face is Git Gud and now that I've turned the argument around, the first response I want a mechanic changed "just because I don't like it".
A lot of people didn't like what Hitler did, did that make him wrong? Not because they didn't like it. He was wrong in what he was doing because of what he was doing. He was a monster of a person. The people liking what he was doing or not has nothing to do with the fact that it was wrong, so please understand that me not liking it and me wanting to get rid of it are not reasons to say I am wrong.

 

 

I am quiet tired of this discussion and I'm sure the devs have plenty to read about this by now.
They'll make their decision and there is little more to be said by either side anymore that will make a difference in what their decision will be.

The majority of the games population has NO problem with and like it the way it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shift-grab isn't as big an issue as grabbing itself. However all of these F13th "fans" seem to think the game should be torture for counselors because they can never have legit chance at winning unless they get uber-lucky. They all hate the idea of actually balancing the game a little bit because "in the movies he's unstoppable" but fail to think about this being a GAME, and no respectable game makes one side of a fight so strong that the other side can only win if the OP side is an idiot, or the weak side has dumb luck. Nobody wants Jason to be easy to beat, they just want it to be fair. Even if you spawn in a group of 4 Jason can kill you 1 by 1 because he has too many I-frames that prevent counselors from hitting him when they should be able to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaptorRex20 said:

shift-grab isn't as big an issue as grabbing itself. However all of these F13th "fans" seem to think the game should be torture for counselors because they can never have legit chance at winning unless they get uber-lucky. They all hate the idea of actually balancing the game a little bit because "in the movies he's unstoppable" but fail to think about this being a GAME, and no respectable game makes one side of a fight so strong that the other side can only win if the OP side is an idiot, or the weak side has dumb luck. Nobody wants Jason to be easy to beat, they just want it to be fair. Even if you spawn in a group of 4 Jason can kill you 1 by 1 because he has too many I-frames that prevent counselors from hitting him when they should be able to.

A game based off the movie genius and the developers said they want to keep it as close to the film franchise as possible so yea if u don't want to play the game that's based off of the movie there is the game called dead by daylight that wouldn't balance the game it would make it easier to get away which then the game would be no fun you have to have perfect timing to shift grab anyways and what are you talking about rarely getting away you just be that bad at the game fix the car or boat or fix the phone and to get out of grabs actually look for stuff and you'll find pocket knives stop complaining the majority of the population that play the game like it the way it is so again don't like it DEAD BY DAYLIGHT you will not be missed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

A game based off the movie genius and the developers said they want to keep it as close to the film franchise as possible so yea if u don't want to play the game that's based off of the movie there is the game called dead by daylight that wouldn't balance the game it would make it easier to get away which then the game would be no fun you have to have perfect timing to shift grab anyways and what are you talking about rarely getting away you just be that bad at the game fix the car or boat or fix the phone and to get out of grabs actually look for stuff and you'll find pocket knives stop complaining the majority of the population that play the game like it the way it is so again don't like it DEAD BY DAYLIGHT you will not be missed.

I think you're blind to the issues this game has, and to push away someone for pointing out flaws, the way you have, is to push away future players, and in turn, kill the game. Good day to you, sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RaptorRex20 said:

I think you're blind to the issues this game has, and to push away someone for pointing out flaws, the way you have, is to push away future players, and in turn, kill the game. Good day to you, sir.

Not blind to an issue and the game will never die due to the massive fan base, you know the ones like us who helped with the kickstarter campaign and those of us who backed the game from the beginning so nice try and I never said there weren't any flaws but this complaining about shift grabbing is BY FAR not one of them never out of the 63 games I've played has anyone complained about it. The argument being made is beyond disgraceful because timing has to be perfect while trying to shift grab so therefore execute a strategy like snake maneuver or by stopping on a dime at some points and if for whatever reason he still manages to grab you and you don't have a pocket knife then that's not his fault but if he misses the shift grab it has to regenerate before he can use it again so there is the downside for it right there so if people can't dodge it then it's there bad at the game not because it's op so like I stated this argument is disgraceful and stupid, I apologize for your lack of strategy or whatever is keeping you from being good at the game but don't cry and or complain to nerf something that's not broken and make the game less entertaining for the majority of us that love it. If it's that stressful then again as I said before go and play Dead by Daylight, it's a great game that might be better suited to what your looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The solution is really simple.  Just make his grab blockable and possibly slow down the animation and add some recovery frames so it can't be spammed. Get it done devs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

The majority of the games population has NO problem with and like it the way it is.

I do not like the game the way that it is I think the shift grab needs to be changed and not changed as in Jason is just weaker now. I think its kinda lame to just be grabbed out of thin air as well. They could remove the shift grab but change something else to make Jason stronger such as the almost pointless stalk ability make that ability stronger. Jason should not be relying on one single ability to win the game and that is shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Not blind to an issue and the game will never die due to the massive fan base, you know the ones like us who helped with the kickstarter campaign and those of us who backed the game from the beginning so nice try and I never said there weren't any flaws but this complaining about shift grabbing is BY FAR not one of them never out of the 63 games I've played has anyone complained about it. The argument being made is beyond disgraceful because timing has to be perfect while trying to shift grab so therefore execute a strategy like snake maneuver or by stopping on a dime at some points and if for whatever reason he still manages to grab you and you don't have a pocket knife then that's not his fault but if he misses the shift grab it has to regenerate before he can use it again so there is the downside for it right there so if people can't dodge it then it's there bad at the game not because it's op so like I stated this argument is disgraceful and stupid, I apologize for your lack of strategy or whatever is keeping you from being good at the game but don't cry and or complain to nerf something that's not broken and make the game less entertaining for the majority of us that love it. If it's that stressful then again as I said before go and play Dead by Daylight, it's a great game that might be better suited to what your looking for.

So if timing has to be perfect why is it that that is how I die 90% of the time? 90% of players have perfect timing or achieving perfect timing is too easy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shift grab can feel extremely punishing at times, but as a Jason player, I also know that it isn't as easy to pull off as people like to claim the shift-grab to be. There's several factors that make the shift-grab feel unfun, and that is:

 

1# The inability to see: Sometimes, even when Jason misses, you're so afraid at this point that you can't see that you're actually running right into Jason because of the small pinpoint of vision you have on your screen. This, coupled with the VHS static mechanic can feel crippling.

 

2# The reach of Jason's grab: This affects other areas of the game as well, but it becomes obvious when you're spectating a counselor and you see them get vacuumed into Jason's hand several arms lengths away. This makes the shift-grab easier to perform, and also creates numerous "wtf" moments in the game where Jason apparently has a black hole or a magnet in his hand and summons the counselor to him over boxes, sofas, tables, or just from across the room.

 

3# The immediate execution following the grab: Several animations, such as the choke, are immediately performed following the grab. This makes it impossible to escape without a knife, or a friend with perfect timing. The execution mechanic still puzzles me, and I feel it is buggy/glitchy as to when and how the kills light up and become accessible. As far as I know, there is no in game guide that properly explains this.

 

4# The I-frames: The game is littered with i-frames for Jason, and because this mechanic is not explained, this can feel extremely unfun/unfair for players. There needs to be some ability to see/show when Jason is able to be attacked and when he is not. Jason should NOT be invincible as he is lifting a counselor up, and I dare say he should still be interrupt-able until he actually gives a "kill" strike to the counselor, ala "For Honor" executions. Shortening the I-frames, or extending the time to execute would make this game a lot more fun to play as a counselor. 

 

Tweaks to #2, 3, or 4 (not all at once) to begin with would be a good start. Start small with the changes, see how they are received and go from there. Counselors are still regularly escaping even with the game as is, but we can talk about buffs to other places for Jason, (such as demolishing the dining room table or sofa so no more ring-around-the rosey) once we see how these play out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Terminator52 said:

So if timing has to be perfect why is it that that is how I die 90% of the time? 90% of players have perfect timing or achieving perfect timing is too easy?

Maybe it's because your making your movements to predictable I hardly ever get shift grabbed they try but most miss terribly gotta have a plan not make the game easier for counselors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda pointless to argue with people who just simply aren't that good at the game. Devs the game is AWESOME and please don't follow the minority of the fan base that want to weaken Jason which is total bs follow your backers and supporters, the majority of your fan base and leave Jason be he is awesome as is but fix the more immediate and major issues like wait time, input a host migration, and remove other counselors from the map that way it's more difficult for people to tell their friend that's Jason where everyone else is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Kinda pointless to argue with people who just simply aren't that good at the game. Devs the game is AWESOME and please don't follow the minority of the fan base that want to weaken Jason which is total bs follow your backers and supporters, the majority of your fan base and leave Jason be he is awesome as is but fix the more immediate and major issues like wait time, input a host migration, and remove other counselors from the map that way it's more difficult for people to tell their friend that's Jason where everyone else is.

I agree that those things are things that should be fixed first because they are more important but it is MY OPINION that is lame to be grabbed out of thin air without ever knowing that Jason is even there and it can be gotten rid of without making him weaker they just need to make his other actions or abilities stronger

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Kinda pointless to argue with people who just simply aren't that good at the game. Devs the game is AWESOME and please don't follow the minority of the fan base that want to weaken Jason which is total bs follow your backers and supporters, the majority of your fan base and leave Jason be he is awesome as is but fix the more immediate and major issues like wait time, input a host migration, and remove other counselors from the map that way it's more difficult for people to tell their friend that's Jason where everyone else is.

You must know that having game become stagnant because nobody is continuing to purchase the game, means the game will die, and by pushing people away if they bring up reasonable complaints claiming "you should play dead by daylight because you suck" to those same people only proves my point. but whatever, I'll allow you to witness the failure of a potential gem in gaming to to you, and other like-minded individuals. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RaptorRex20 said:

You must know that having game become stagnant because nobody is continuing to purchase the game, means the game will die, and by pushing people away if they bring up reasonable complaints claiming "you should play dead by daylight because you suck" to those same people only proves my point. but whatever, I'll allow you to witness the failure of a potential gem in gaming to to you, and other like-minded individuals. :P

Uuuuhhh at some point the game stops selling anyways and I'm pretty sure a shift grab isn't going to be a Game changer because only a minority of people actually care and I don't know if you live in a cardboard box but even if this game turns to shit it's already a HUGE success and I'm not pushing anyone any and everyone is entitled to their opinion as am I I don't want a GREAT game get ruined due to an unnecessary nerf. I apologize if I'm coming off as offensive but only a few people seem to have that problem and I don't know what to say because like I said strategies, pocket knives, and teamwork nullify that as well as the cool down time to the shift if they miss the grab which the majority of the Jason's I've seen have done countless times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cyb3rReapet said:

Uuuuhhh at some point the game stops selling anyways and I'm pretty sure a shift grab isn't going to be a Game changer because only a minority of people actually care and I don't know if you live in a cardboard box but even if this game turns to shit it's already a HUGE success and I'm not pushing anyone any and everyone is entitled to their opinion as am I I don't want a GREAT game get ruined due to an unnecessary nerf. I apologize if I'm coming off as offensive but only a few people seem to have that problem and I don't know what to say because like I said strategies, pocket knives, and teamwork nullify that as well as the cool down time to the shift if they miss the grab which the majority of the Jason's I've seen have done countless times.

shift-grab is a minor concern of mine like I said, sense and all the I-frames Jason has are the main concerns I have. Especially the I-frames during an execution, Jason hasn't done anything lethal to the counselor he has grabbed yet, but he can't be hit for some reason. you should be able to save counselors during those animations if nothing has been actually done to them yet.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JPops said:

Well everyone is going to have a different opinion. Whether someone feels it is right or wrong is also that persons opinion. However both are entitled to their opinions. 

Well your an admin of the forum so which argument do you agree with?

we are entitled to our own opinions but I feel getting some kind of Nerf for his grab is just what gamer's call balancing a game there are opinions yes but there are also facts for instant he can shift and instantly grab out of shift, the person who is grabbed will only be saved with a pocket knife because he will be animation locked while his friends try to save him. Factually it would make sense to say well okay lets tweak a few things stop the animation lock or give Jason a cool down on his right click. For instance his pull is magnetic there are videos everywhere on YouTube of people getting pulled from 2 maybe 3 arm lengths away , then does it become an opinion or a fact? It is in the game creators power to fix the game to better the community that will actually stay not the ones who say oh well if you change this I am going to leave ... let them leave when you improve the game and show people yea this is what we have planned yea this is future DLC yea this is what we are going to do about a magnetic grab yes this is what we are going to do about the shift grab, executions are simply too easy that is all I am saying make them work for it don't allow them to as they say .... slap their..... never mind you get the point it is not fair and it should not be allowed to be done it is a video game and it simply is not balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...