Austin.JM

Jason grabbing you from far away

I've played several games where ive run past Jason and he did a grab and I've ran a safe distance away from him and suddenly I'm teleported back to Jason in his grip and he kills me, I don't know what is causing this issue if it's an animation lag but it's extremely frustrating to get away from him to be then put into his grip and killed. I've also had this happen to me as Jason a counselor has run past and I've grabbed but missed so I start to try and follow them all of a sudden I'm holding them. Has anyone else had this issue? 

I experienced something similar as Jason where I tried to grab a counselor going out a window in a split second they got out of the window and the next I have them in my grip back in the cabin . 

See it watching games a lot. You notice it even more with the camera angles you can use spectating. Players out of reach getting grabbed. Its just not good enough really, as its one of the main parts of the game. I mean, this should be a game of inches. You should be able to miss by a little bit, not grab counselors from anywhere. 

• Like 1

This game is very laggy. I have the opposite problem when I'm playing Jason. I shift into someone, hit the left trigger and then they're 5 feet in front of me and I'm grabbing at air while they run away.

This sounds a lot like rubber banding. Which is a lag issue. What is your average pings in matches?

That is all a sign of lag. If there's just one player with a ping of let's say 300ms the game has to compensate it for every player and this will happen. Try to play with people from your region to avoid this.

Me and my friends Un-affectionately call them Magnet Grabs. It appears your about 5ft away and you get pulled to his hand.

This happens with or without lag, but the lag can make it reach even farther. Jason's grab range seems to extended an invisible 3-4 feet past his hand.

It really sucks when this happens, and makes clutch dodges involving distance VERY hard to pull off.

I can't believe how broken this game is!! It's almost like they didn't want to delay early 2017 so bad they just said fuck it send it out!! will patch it later. Wait? They technically missed early 2017 anyways. Should have been delayed 3 months minimum.  This really saddens me cause their is so much potential here. 

24 minutes ago, Kidchaos831 said:

My average 68-120 ping . 

It's P2P and it's not only your ping that plays a role but everyone else's too.

22 hours ago, TheButtonMasher said:

RIP JASON GRAB

People complained before,  people complain after.  I'm seeing a pattern here. 

59 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

People complained before,  people complain after.  I'm seeing a pattern here. 

You cant make everybody happy. And I am definitely not happy.