VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

2 Different Part 7 Masks?

The mask used in F13 the game is this one:

Sqj8Kct.png

And it appears that this one is the one Kane Hodder personally owns and the one they scanned to put in the game. However, the mask in the finale looks like this:

r0wbJ3l.png

Notice how there are no scratches on the nose and mouth area. Personally I prefer this because I think the scratches obscure the "harbinger of death" aesthetic. What do you think?

• Like 2

Great post and good catch.

This must explain why the nose is fucked up in the game. I would have preferred the second mask. The first one is likely a flawed mask to begin with so they used it for the water scene. The second is how we remember it looking and how it should look.

The eyes are wrong in game as well. Shape of the mask seems off too.  Anyone care to post an in game shot?  Mask is definitely off. 

Honestly, @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, the mask in the lower image looks like it has some remnants of the sludge (rather than scratches) that had built up on the mask underwater in the previous image. 

Jason had a long night and the stuff worked its way off. 

Notice how both triangle pant applications look like they were drawn on with crayon, and the left corner of both has been pinched identically. Normally I'd take the time to isolate both triangle and display them side-by-side, but I don't know that I have the time right now.

Edit: I couldn't help myself.

GsIjG3e.jpg

It's like the JGTH mask, where the version in the game is the one that Jason has in his mirror reflections and at the end of the film, instead of the start pre-FBI.
The giveaway being the missing section next to one of the eyes, due to blast damage.

Like the kind of amalgamated timeline, with adult Tommy running about in 1979 Crystal Lake, they're slightly amalgamated Jasons too, I guess.

It'd be incredibly nerdy yet wonderful if they ever thought of providing alternate mask choices for the Jasons, so that everyone's personal choice is covered.

57 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

It's like the JGTH mask, where the version in the game is the one that Jason has in his mirror reflections and at the end of the film, instead of the start pre-FBI.
The giveaway being the missing section next to one of the eyes, due to blast damage.

Like the kind of amalgamated timeline, with adult Tommy running about in 1979 Crystal Lake, they're slightly amalgamated Jasons too, I guess.

It'd be incredibly nerdy yet wonderful if they ever thought of providing alternate mask choices for the Jasons, so that everyone's personal choice is covered.

I'd be up for variant masks that were representative of the films.

The game has a "butt technician" of all things but no "mask technician". :P

15 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

This would be awesome. Us nerds would be in heaven and the casual fans would be like "I don't get it. They look the same aside from a couple pieces of dirt". lol

• Like 1

The Part VII Jason mask with the scratches on the nose and mouth were a result of the porch roof coming down on Kane Hodder during that one scene with Tina.

24 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

@Jason Lover didn't she do that in the finale?

The scene I'm referring to happens a bit earlier in the film. It's the scene where Jason breaks his hand through the roof of the porch after Tina thinks she has finally defeated him.

11 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

The Part VII Jason mask with the scratches on the nose and mouth were a result of the porch roof coming down on Kane Hodder during that one scene with Tina.

The top pic with the scratches are from when he is still underwater when Tina is awakening him. The second pic with no scratches is right before Tina breaks his mask during the final big fight.

13 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

@Jason Lover didn't she do that in the finale?

Tina drops the roof on Jason just before Melissa comes over to Tina’s to get Axed in the face......

15 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Jason Lover is correct both images from the top of the thread are actually the same mask....and the Scratches on it happened when the porch was dropped on Kane Hodder it was heavier then he expected and he face planted on the floor Scratching the mask all up......he said he was quite lucky with that stunt to have had the mask because it protected him from a possible injury....

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

The top pic with the scratches are from when he is still underwater when Tina is awakening him. The second pic with no scratches is right before Tina breaks his mask during the final big fight.

The film makers don’t always shoot in Sequence order for these movies the reason that the scratches are there in some scenes and then not is because those scenes without the scratches were filmed prior to the porch falling on Kane.

• Thanks 1

There is high chances there are various mask replacements during film sessions, even further I think the second one (knowing that it will be destroyed during the scene) they made it from a less durable material that's why it look so different

PD - I think part 5 has more variations of the mask

On 4/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Tina drops the roof on Jason just before Melissa comes over to Tina’s to get Axed in the face......

Jason Lover is correct both images from the top of the thread are actually the same mask....and the Scratches on it happened when the porch was dropped on Kane Hodder it was heavier then he expected and he face planted on the floor Scratching the mask all up......he said he was quite lucky with that stunt to have had the mask because it protected him from a possible injury....

The film makers don’t always shoot in Sequence order for these movies the reason that the scratches are there in some scenes and then not is because those scenes without the scratches were filmed prior to the porch falling on Kane.

Sums it up.

On 4/23/2020 at 6:11 PM, VLK said:

There is high chances there are various mask replacements during film sessions, even further I think the second one (knowing that it will be destroyed during the scene) they made it from a less durable material that's why it look so different

PD - I think part 5 has more variations of the mask

Yeah I heard they used multiple masks in Part 5.

• Like 1

The scratches didn't happen when the porch fell on him they happened when he fell face first in the puddle. The scratches were caused by the rocks underneath the water. There's a video on Crazydog500s YouTube channel of Kane talking about it and explaining how the scratches got on the nose of the mask. He even clearly states it wasn't from the roof falling on him. Here's a link to the video 

On 5/9/2020 at 12:27 AM, BooIGotcha said:

The scratches didn't happen when the porch fell on him they happened when he fell face first in the puddle. The scratches were caused by the rocks underneath the water. There's a video on Crazydog500s YouTube channel of Kane talking about it and explaining how the scratches got on the nose of the mask. He even clearly states it wasn't from the roof falling on him. Here's a link to the video 

Yup! 

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 12:27 AM, BooIGotcha said:

Thanks for the video!

always a pleasure to see Kane interacting with the fans !

I am 100% sure Kane has said that the scratches on the mask were made by both scenes the rocks in the puddle and the Scene where the roof Falls on him....

I specifically remember this story from one of the special features or commentary for the film.....he said the nose skid down the porches steps....and it was a good thing he had the mask because the porch roof was heavier than he expected.

I will definitely Pop in the blue ray /dvd to check it out.... and edit my post accordingly.....

***********Edit***********
Just watched the special features from the Blu-Ray collection and in the section called Secrets Galore behind the Gore an interview with John Carl Buechler and Kane Hodder he says that the roof dropping on him because it was heavier than expected is what cased the Squiggly black scratches on the nose and Buechler confirms this..... the puddle rocks probably cased the scratch marks on the mouth area.......Kane is quite an amazing Stuntman and gives it his all every time so I am sure he is right on both accounts of how the damage was done on the mask.

*************edit***************

Edited by OCT 31 1978
Recon.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:25 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Just watched the special features from the Blu-Ray collection and in the section called Secrets Galore behind the Gore an interview with John Carl Buechler and Kane Hodder he says that the roof dropping on him because it was heavier than expected is what cased the Squiggly black scratches on the nose and Buechler confirms this..... the puddle rocks probably cased the scratch marks on the mouth area.......Kane is quite an amazing Stuntman and gives it his all every time so I am sure he is right on both accounts of how the damage was done on the mask.

Facts and I met him twice for conventions and the guy is real and is one of my favorite horror actors ever!

• Like 1

Thing is the Part 7 mask originally used to look closer to the first picture, but was later changed, probably to make it more distinctive. Check out the Announcement Trailer at 1:15 and the gameplay preview at 0:31:

16 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Thing is the Part 7 mask originally used to look closer to the first picture, but was later changed, probably to make it more distinctive.

Those trailers are so bad ass!

And I really like the look of Jason especially the announcement trailer.

I believe after they released some of the gameplay stuff with part 7 they got a lot of feed back that said the mask didn’t look right....I heard they then digitally scanned Kane’s actual part 7 mask that he Used in motion capture for the final look we have now ....I don’t think it look terrible at all but the way it’s shaded around the nose and eyes doesn’t make it look as screen accurate as it should especially when using a screen used prop too.

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I really like the look of Jason especially the announcement trailer.

Forgot to mention that on the original Kickstarter page they had a picture of the Part 7 mask mesh in development:

a3991ef5f9b1ec382b840b601231612b_origina

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2017 at 10:53 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The mask used in F13 the game is this one:

Sqj8Kct.png

And it appears that this one is the one Kane Hodder personally owns and the one they scanned to put in the game. However, the mask in the finale looks like this:

r0wbJ3l.png

Notice how there are no scratches on the nose and mouth area. Personally I prefer this because I think the scratches obscure the "harbinger of death" aesthetic. What do you think?

it's the same mask, Kane claims that the nose damage happened when he did the scene where he falls into the puddle.. because there was a rock in the puddle that damaged the mask lol