Sign in to follow this  
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

2 Different Part 7 Masks?

The mask used in F13 the game is this one:

Sqj8Kct.png

And it appears that this one is the one Kane Hodder personally owns and the one they scanned to put in the game. However, the mask in the finale looks like this:

r0wbJ3l.png

Notice how there are no scratches on the nose and mouth area. Personally I prefer this because I think the scratches obscure the "harbinger of death" aesthetic. What do you think?

• Like 2

Great post and good catch.

This must explain why the nose is fucked up in the game. I would have preferred the second mask. The first one is likely a flawed mask to begin with so they used it for the water scene. The second is how we remember it looking and how it should look.

The eyes are wrong in game as well. Shape of the mask seems off too.  Anyone care to post an in game shot?  Mask is definitely off. 

Honestly, @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, the mask in the lower image looks like it has some remnants of the sludge (rather than scratches) that had built up on the mask underwater in the previous image. 

Jason had a long night and the stuff worked its way off. 

Notice how both triangle pant applications look like they were drawn on with crayon, and the left corner of both has been pinched identically. Normally I'd take the time to isolate both triangle and display them side-by-side, but I don't know that I have the time right now.

Edit: I couldn't help myself.

GsIjG3e.jpg

It's like the JGTH mask, where the version in the game is the one that Jason has in his mirror reflections and at the end of the film, instead of the start pre-FBI.
The giveaway being the missing section next to one of the eyes, due to blast damage.

Like the kind of amalgamated timeline, with adult Tommy running about in 1979 Crystal Lake, they're slightly amalgamated Jasons too, I guess.

It'd be incredibly nerdy yet wonderful if they ever thought of providing alternate mask choices for the Jasons, so that everyone's personal choice is covered.

57 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

It's like the JGTH mask, where the version in the game is the one that Jason has in his mirror reflections and at the end of the film, instead of the start pre-FBI.
The giveaway being the missing section next to one of the eyes, due to blast damage.

Like the kind of amalgamated timeline, with adult Tommy running about in 1979 Crystal Lake, they're slightly amalgamated Jasons too, I guess.

It'd be incredibly nerdy yet wonderful if they ever thought of providing alternate mask choices for the Jasons, so that everyone's personal choice is covered.

I'd be up for variant masks that were representative of the films.

The game has a "butt technician" of all things but no "mask technician". :P

15 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

This would be awesome. Us nerds would be in heaven and the casual fans would be like "I don't get it. They look the same aside from a couple pieces of dirt". lol

• Like 1