Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I agree with this point, but I also think having greater speed also leads to better opportunity for stamina management. For example, I can hit Jason with a bat, run to another cabin, and be inside of it often times before he's had a chance to get up and shift again, which means I'm rebuilding stamina to a full bar again.

More importantly, however, speed's greatest utility is in ferrying parts to objectives and coming to the aid of other teammates.

That's why I feel speed is a much, much more desirable stat compared to composure, which is all but moot once rage activates. Speed always has utility, no matter what phase of the game you are in.

Good point. I think something that is a useful balance is Jenny's high luck which allows her to hit Jason to regain stamina. Also, I think speed has two purposes, one is to carry items to objectives and the other is wasting Jasons time which is something most counselors can do but is perhaps safer for counselors with higher speed. I'm not comparing composure and speed (although I do believe that composure is a very good stat as long as you get out before rage activates), my argument is that Jenny is a valuable counselor due to her luck but due to her lack of speed has a bit more of a learning curve in order to be used effectively.

Also, one could argue that composure makes Jenny just as valuable when it comes to running parts due to her inability to be sensed getting from point A to point B. I've seen quite a few counselors get killed with important items in the middle of nowhere never to be found by the remaining counselors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1st2Die said:

Good point. I think something that is a useful balance is Jenny's high luck which allows her to hit Jason to regain stamina. Also, I think speed has two purposes, one is to carry items to objectives and the other is wasting Jasons time which is something most counselors can do but is perhaps safer for counselors with higher speed. I'm not comparing composure and speed (although I do believe that composure is a very good stat as long as you get out before rage activates), my argument is that Jenny is a valuable counselor due to her luck but due to her lack of speed has a bit more of a learning curve in order to be used effectively. Also, one could argue that composure makes Jenny just as valuable due to her inability to be sensed getting from point A to point B. I've seen quite a few counselors get killed with important items in the middle of nowhere never to be found by the remaining counselors.

If you're fast it doesn't really matter if you're sensed or not. You can get to the objective quickly, drop the item, and scurry away safely most of the time. 

Don't get me wrong; I want Jenny to be good. The "Final Girl" archetype is something that should be strong in a game like this. But unless the developers make some fundamental changes to gameplay, she's just not a strong character right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

If you're fast it doesn't really matter if you're sensed or not. You can get to the objective quickly, drop the item, and scurry away safely most of the time. 

Don't get me wrong; I want Jenny to be good. The "Final Girl" archetype is something that should be strong in a game like this. But unless the developers make some fundamental changes to gameplay, she's just not a strong character right now. 

No, I totally agree that a fast counselor is one that doesn't have to worry about getting caught as easily and I am by no means trying to belittle other counselors in order to add value to another, but in the time I've been playing, many plans especially when it comes to fixing the car go wrong once the person playing Jason catches the runner thus losing the part or sees how close the counselors are to completing an objective. What I mean by the last part is that many times one person with the last item brings Jason to the party (so to speak) which is why it's very common to see a trail of dead bodies next to a car that was almost finished or just finished.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎25 at 5:48 PM, Shadesofjoe said:

I agree with this point, but I also think having greater speed also leads to better opportunity for stamina management. For example, I can hit Jason with a bat, run to another cabin, and be inside of it often times before he's had a chance to get up and shift again, which means I'm rebuilding stamina to a full bar again.

More importantly, however, speed's greatest utility is in ferrying parts to objectives and coming to the aid of other teammates.

That's why I feel speed is a much, much more desirable stat compared to composure, which is all but moot once rage activates. Speed always has utility, no matter what phase of the game you are in.

But why need speed when you can use certain perks that make it nearly impossible to be sensed? Low Fear, Sense Perks, and Hiding makes it easy to wait out the 20 minutes. There were times where I decided "Y'know what! Imma just be afk and see what happens!" and I survive because simply, Jason can't find me. (I only do that on Xbox One because you don't get afk booted) She really is the only counselor that I feel like I'm gonna survive every round. Unless there is that loud Vanessa who follows you everywhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 8:33 AM, Ghostboy20 said:

I've had people message me as well. I tend to act like I have not gotten a message from them and look around the woods. 

I expose rats in the lobby as soon as I get out of the match if I am Jason. They get embarrassed and leave.

 

I do enjoy Jenny though and hiding when you hear Jason music is a good tactic in the early going of a match. I run Restful, Home Body and Marathon on her and she does alright. Considering strength only matters if your killing Jason Jenny's high luck makes her a decent fighter. In my opinion if you go from cabin to cabin hiding for a minute at a time she is also a great scout on a good team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tatocat said:

But why need speed when you can use certain perks that make it nearly impossible to be sensed? Low Fear, Sense Perks, and Hiding makes it easy to wait out the 20 minutes.

There is no combination of perks that make it nearly impossible to be Sensed. There isn't even a combination that makes it particularly difficult to be Sensed. Hiding spots work to an extent, though Jason should be breaking generators and frequently destroying doors which can make Jenny make noise if by coincidence she's nearby, and hiding does nothing against Sense once Rage is gained. Trying to get a timeout by hiding for 20 minutes isn't something that should work unless Jason is fairly new to the game.

If you keep loot and hide until being found without making objective progress the whole game, you are a parasite to the portion of the team attempting to make objective progress and are actually reducing their chance to survive by reducing their available supplies without contributing, so it's kind of in their best interest to betray you. If you hide the whole game until being found without keeping loot, you're commensalistic or possibly a bit helpful to that portion of the team, though you're relying almost entirely on the rest of the team for your own success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎30 at 5:02 AM, konamijudge said:

There is no combination of perks that make it nearly impossible to be Sensed. There isn't even a combination that makes it particularly difficult to be Sensed. Hiding spots work to an extent, though Jason should be breaking generators and frequently destroying doors which can make Jenny make noise if by coincidence she's nearby, and hiding does nothing against Sense once Rage is gained. Trying to get a timeout by hiding for 20 minutes isn't something that should work unless Jason is fairly new to the game.

If you keep loot and hide until being found without making objective progress the whole game, you are a parasite to the portion of the team attempting to make objective progress and are actually reducing their chance to survive by reducing their available supplies without contributing, so it's kind of in their best interest to betray you. If you hide the whole game until being found without keeping loot, you're commensalistic or possibly a bit helpful to that portion of the team, though you're relying almost entirely on the rest of the team for your own success.

Epic Low Profile

Epic Level Headed

Epic Home body

Yes, they're sense perks. AND they're stackable.

Oh, and also, I never said you had to be rude and not help your team. If you're the last survivor as Jenny with Epic or  Rare sense perks you're good for the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenny should really be played as a body guard to Deborah, or AJ

There's lots of benefits of high composure that remain once rage hits.

it takes forever to lose her mini map, so it's easy to counter Jason's shift with a well placed hit with a bat.

She makes the best driver, because of this too, as you can see where people are in relation to the car.

From someone that plays her all the time, she doesn't need a rework. Just don't run off into the woods away from cabins. Vanessa can take long hikes away from safety, but Jenny should remain close to camps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 12:30 AM, bewareofbears said:

She's decent for roaming, searching, etc. Her composure is great so escaping Jason doesn't leave you with tunnel vision. I use her as an opportunist. Do what you can but stay away from groups while keeping an eye on what others have done and jump in to help when it benefits you.

This. I play Jenny and Tiffany almost the exact same.

The difference being, Tiffany is an opportunist who roams/searches, and then efficiently delivers items to the objectives...

Whereas Jenny is an opportunist who roams/searches ( with the home body perk, ideally ) and then also helps others with objectives on the sidelines, like protecting the phone, calling the phone, protecting someone who is repairing the vehicles, etc... (with resources to also protect herself, ideally). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...