I don't mean to be harsh, I respect that Gun Media is a small company, and they've made a fantastic game... when it works. Which, I don't know about everyone else, but for me? 1% of the time, I'm able to get in a game (still a private match, quick-play STILL won't work for me) and play until the end of the game. However, the other 99% of the time, I'm greeted by a screen that tells me I can't connect, or I get kicked from a game, or I'm sat waiting for fifty minutes, just trying to find a quick-play match. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but I'm very, very annoyed at how this launch has gone. It's been a week and a lot of players that I've personally spoken to, still have an almost unplayable game. I'm willing to be fair, and give it a little longer wait, however, if these issues still persist in the very, VERY near future, I will be demanding a refund from Microsoft. 

I respect all your opinions and I'm fully expecting to get some backlash from this topic, maybe even from Gun Media themselves. But I just want to clarify, I am NOT calling this game bad. I have a lot of fun playing, when it works.

• Like 3

I don't think you deserve any backlash for not wanting to wait beyond a certain point. Very reasonable. I do think the Xbox system is over rated and too secure because we are having a blast on PC and I can't imagine what the issue is with the system. There should be a "this is how the architecture is on PC this is what changes on Xbox" easy to apply solution and it seems like it's alien technology instead. I also can not understand how a program meets Xbox certification yet is completely non functional on release. PC waited a month or two extra for that certification to have a simultaneous release only to have it fizzle.

Means a lot to me that you aren't giving me grief over this, I wish I had a PC capable of running games like this because I would've 100% bought it on PC instead. I love the game, it's a hell of a time to play but, that's when I /can/ play it. Otherwise it's just, not fun, which is a massive shame because I've been very excited for this game. I've not watched the films, but I am going to go back and watch them after playing this, there just didn't seem to be any games like this that actually.. did it right, y'know? And this genre of gaming is one of my favourite genres to play, it's just a pain in the neck when you can't play it due to server related issues, bugs, glitches, game crashes. In the past twenty minutes, I've tried to play three different games, and upon getting into a lobby, my game has crashed and sent me back to the Xbox dashboard every time. It's by no means entirely Gun Media's fault, they didn't expect their game to be this popular. I'm not trying to shade the devs, but who can blame them? Yes it's a very big franchise, but it's also being made by a very small company. I wouldn't expect my game to get more than five players if I was in a company of their size. However, they should have had a plan, in-case it all went wrong and should've put preparations in place if it did, to be fixed within a few days. For a game to be almost unplayable a week after launch... it's disappointing.

• Like 1

Yah I just reached my breaking point. what a pos. E3 is coming, im praying we get a State of Decay 2 release date and its in july or august, so i can put this debacle behind me. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Levyathan said:

Means a lot to me that you aren't giving me grief over this, I wish I had a PC capable of running games like this because I would've 100% bought it on PC instead. I love the game, it's a hell of a time to play but, that's when I /can/ play it. Otherwise it's just, not fun, which is a massive shame because I've been very excited for this game. I've not watched the films, but I am going to go back and watch them after playing this, there just didn't seem to be any games like this that actually.. did it right, y'know? And this genre of gaming is one of my favourite genres to play, it's just a pain in the neck when you can't play it due to server related issues, bugs, glitches, game crashes. In the past twenty minutes, I've tried to play three different games, and upon getting into a lobby, my game has crashed and sent me back to the Xbox dashboard every time. It's by no means entirely Gun Media's fault, they didn't expect their game to be this popular. I'm not trying to shade the devs, but who can blame them? Yes it's a very big franchise, but it's also being made by a very small company. I wouldn't expect my game to get more than five players if I was in a company of their size. However, they should have had a plan, in-case it all went wrong and should've put preparations in place if it did, to be fixed within a few days. For a game to be almost unplayable a week after launch... it's disappointing.

Much of that wait though is an Xbox issue. They can not release a patch for the system until it is approved by Xbox. That isn't instant. So once an issue is found they have to address it then send it off for approval. On PC it's more or less on the fly.

If I can give you one recommendation for the future, Newegg and build your own CPU. It is not hard at all, a 12 year old could do it by simply watching a youtube video. Literally, Revel brand model cars can be more complicated, the kind you used to find in department stores. Depending on what you want out of it the price won't be much more than an xbox either. Potentially cheaper. The video card tends to be the major cost but you can get a lot of card power for cheap if you research what you are buying. I spent like 200 bucks on the Radeon R290x and i'm running F13 on epic recommended by default. The rest of the components are far cheaper. The best part is I don't have to run out and buy a new game system I can just upgrade here and there if something becomes outdated. I even use an xbox elite wireless controller. The modding community for games goes without saying and the games are almost always bigger in scope and depth for PC. Not to mention variety. Genres the consoles use to have a monopoly on such as fighting are now on PC.

I have no doubt the Xbox version will be fixed and it will be a classic on the system. Its unfortunate about the issues they are having.

3 hours ago, Levyathan said:

I don't mean to be harsh, I respect that Gun Media is a small company, and they've made a fantastic game... when it works. Which, I don't know about everyone else, but for me? 1% of the time, I'm able to get in a game (still a private match, quick-play STILL won't work for me) and play until the end of the game. However, the other 99% of the time, I'm greeted by a screen that tells me I can't connect, or I get kicked from a game, or I'm sat waiting for fifty minutes, just trying to find a quick-play match. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but I'm very, very annoyed at how this launch has gone. It's been a week and a lot of players that I've personally spoken to, still have an almost unplayable game. I'm willing to be fair, and give it a little longer wait, however, if these issues still persist in the very, VERY near future, I will be demanding a refund from Microsoft. 

I respect all your opinions and I'm fully expecting to get some backlash from this topic, maybe even from Gun Media themselves. But I just want to clarify, I am NOT calling this game bad. I have a lot of fun playing, when it works.

Waiting times are bad on all consoles i waited 5 hrs for my very first match looking at that dumb main menu but it will get better with time its been out a week gun is 4 people doing there best give it time.

I love this game, but I'm very frustrated with it as well. I get disconnected almost every game and it crashes a lot too (I'm playing on Xbox).  

12 hours ago, Caliph said:

Much of that wait though is an Xbox issue. They can not release a patch for the system until it is approved by Xbox. That isn't instant. So once an issue is found they have to address it then send it off for approval. On PC it's more or less on the fly.

If I can give you one recommendation for the future, Newegg and build your own CPU. It is not hard at all, a 12 year old could do it by simply watching a youtube video. Literally Revell brand model cars can be more complicated, the kind you used to find in department stores. Depending on what you want out of it the price won't be much more than an xbox either. Potentially cheaper. The video card tends to be the major cost but you can get a lot of card power for cheap if you research what you are buying. I spent like 200 bucks on the Radeon R290x and i'm running F13 on epic recommended by default. The rest of the components are far cheaper. The best part is I don't have to run out and buy a new game system I can just upgrade here and there if something becomes outdated. I even use an xbox elite wireless controller. The modding community for games goes without saying and the games are almost always bigger in scope and depth for PC. Not to mention variety. Genres the consoles you to have a monopoly on such as fighting are now on PC.

I have no doubt the Xbox version will be fixed and it will be a classic on the system. Its unfortunate about the issues they are having.

Might have to look into that. 

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Waiting times are bad on all consoles i waited 5 hrs for my very first match looking at that dumb main menu but it will get better with time its been out a week gun is 4 people doing there best give it time.

I get that they're doing their best and I respect it, like I said, I don't mean to talk badly about them I think they made a great game when it works, but it's been a week and I still have a barely playable game. To me, that's unacceptable. I've tried to be patient, but I don't see it fixing in the near future, even after the patch yesterday, my game was still riddled with the same issues I had before. Not exactly a fun experience. 

I also respect the work that theyve done and enjoy the game, but I'm actually afraid that these issues are going to kill the game if they aren't fixed soon. If people give up on it because they can't play it, who knows if they'll come back? 

Last night I decided to get a refund, however I have decided that if these issues do get fixed in the future, I will be buying it again when it goes on sale or something, because I do very much enjoy the game, I just have other things to be using my money on and there's no point having a game that I can't even play.

Im curious how many refunds are being processed.  The girl I spoke with yesterday at Xbox stated that the majority of her calls for the past few days have been related to this game and have been refunds as well.  This is just 1 rep weighing in.   Im curious as to how large their customer service department actually is and what % of the calls are related to this game.

45 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

Im curious how many refunds are being processed.  The girl I spoke with yesterday at Xbox stated that the majority of her calls for the past few days have been related to this game and have been refunds as well.  This is just 1 rep weighing in.   Im curious as to how large their customer service department actually is and what % of the calls are related to this game.

Ditto. It's none of my business but it's probably a lot. I wonder if it's more, less or average.

48 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

That is probably true I called sony and they gave me store credit for the game which is fine and I bought tekken 7.

Since the patch, I've had zero issues with lag/timeouts.  I'm likewise on Xbox.  OP, try to get in on some private matches.  They are a lifesaver.  There's a group on Xbox called Friday 13th Maniacs.  Lots of good folks to play with that have very low pings.

This is just the thing that worries me about this game. General feedback here is that it's a really fun game when it works, and many of us are being patient towards the issues, with the understanding that the small, indie dev team are doing all they can. Especially those of us who are backers and want to see the game succeed and have a long life.

But the question is, which of us would recommend the game in its current state to a friend? Knowing that it will most likely be a frustrating experience, at best temporarily and at worst indefinitely. 

Secondly, who thinks that friend would recommend it to someone else, given the current issues? Especially people with little interest in F13 itself, just looking for a new survival horror game. No one like that is going to be patient or give a shit that the dev team is understaffed. They're just going to get a refund.

What I'm alluding to is word of mouth makes or breaks the game. More than reviews, more than streamers. And it does so quickly. I've seen people comparing the F13 launch issues to major games such as GTA. But that's a bad comparison. GTA is GTA, people will play it no matter what. Its indie stuff like F13 they won't be tolerant towards. So I really hope the current issues get sorted soon, otherwise it's not looking good.

• Like 1

The connection issues are maddening and the game itself is quite glitchy.  While nobody wants to read people throwing tantrums, saying you're upset with the product you got and are considering a refund is totally reasonable.  Gun undeniably released the game too soon, and that's entirely their own fault (even if fans were pressuring them to keep their word and release early 2017).  Small company or not, it's really not acceptable to be having such widespread issues a week in on a $40 game with minimal content.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

This is just the thing that worries me about this game. General feedback here is that it's a really fun game when it works, and many of us are being patient towards the issues, with the understanding that the small, indie dev team are doing all they can. Especially those of us who are backers and want to see the game succeed and have a long life.

But the question is, which of us would recommend the game in its current state to a friend? Knowing that it will most likely be a frustrating experience, at best temporarily and at worst indefinitely. 

Secondly, who thinks that friend would recommend it to someone else, given the current issues? Especially people with little interest in F13 itself, just looking for a new survival horror game. No one like that is going to be patient or give a shit that the dev team is understaffed. They're just going to get a refund.

What I'm alluding to is word of mouth makes or breaks the game. More than reviews, more than streamers. And it does so quickly. I've seen people comparing the F13 launch issues to major games such as GTA. But that's a bad comparison. GTA is GTA, people will play it no matter what. Its indie stuff like F13 they won't be tolerant towards. So I really hope the current issues get sorted soon, otherwise it's not looking good.

I absolutely couldn't recommend this to a friend.  

You shouldn't jump for joy after waiting 40 minutes for a match because the matchmaking is this bad. 

Add in server instability and disconnecting and you spend more time hoping to get to play than actually playing. 

Yeah I am currently waiting nearly an hour to find a session on PS4. Its so annoying.

1 minute ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Yeah I am currently waiting nearly an hour to find a session on PS4. Its so annoying.

Yea its getting worse as the days go on for me.

9 hours ago, Levyathan said:

Might have to look into that. 

I get that they're doing their best and I respect it, like I said, I don't mean to talk badly about them I think they made a great game when it works, but it's been a week and I still have a barely playable game. To me, that's unacceptable. I've tried to be patient, but I don't see it fixing in the near future, even after the patch yesterday, my game was still riddled with the same issues I had before. Not exactly a fun experience. 

You on xbox 1 right i feel bad for you guys ps4 takes 8mins to 2 hrs to find a match if your alone in a group 10mins to find one it will get better,if you can get a private match going with people from the forums or friends.

This game needed a delay but didn't want to hear people Bitch about early 2017. Wait they didn't make that date anyways!! So another 2 months would have equaled most likely 75% less problems. Oh well. I'm not asking for a refund cause when I can play it's fun as hell. I just want my damn savini and clothing codes on PS4 to work along with the patch. I'm tired of this. Games been out over a week and I still can't use my damn codes I spent my hard earned $ on over a year and a half ago!!! Bs!!!

1 hour ago, BigJVOOREES said:

This game needed a delay but didn't want to hear people Bitch about early 2017. Wait they didn't make that date anyways!! So another 2 months would have equaled most likely 75% less problems. Oh well. I'm not asking for a refund cause when I can play it's fun as hell. I just want my damn savini and clothing codes on PS4 to work along with the patch. I'm tired of this. Games been out over a week and I still can't use my damn codes I spent my hard earned $ on over a year and a half ago!!! Bs!!!

Do you really think if they had another two months that they would've somehow managed to not release a broken game? They would have made the exact same mistakes with servers, etc.

If you like, I'll still bitch about 'Early 2017' as it was vague bullshit with an ever-changing definition.

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Do you really think if they had another two months that they would've somehow managed to not release a broken game? They would have made the exact same mistakes with servers, etc.

If you like, I'll still bitch about 'Early 2017' as it was vague bullshit with an ever-changing definition.

At least we don't have to hear "Early 2017" or "Stay tuned" anymore...now we have "Standby!" Cue Jeffersons theme in a sarcastic fashion.

• Like 1

If your last ruffling to play on Xbox join the club named "f13 gamers" over 100 players in there actively playing so you will find plenty of players :)