Ok so I know this would be a bit of a long shot and it would be its own discussion with whoever owns the rights to Nightmare on Elm Street, but wouldn't it be great to have a complely seperate game mode with another human controlling Freddy?!  It could be a 1V1 deal with the last mass murderer standing wins, or it could be its own game mode variation of the current base game with more councilers, and an additional goal for Jason to kill Freddy and vise versa.  Councilers would need to escape or kill both killers, and Freddy and Jason would have to try to kill more councilers than the other or survive the longest depending on the bravery and sucess of the councilers.

There was pretty a similar suggestion before. It was about a Jason vs Jason (Roy) vs Counsellor  or a Jason + Pamela vs  Counsellor game mode.

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/515-killer-vs-killer-and-jason-pamela-vs-counselors-game-mode-ideas/

The same things that that were said in that thread were valid for this suggestion, too.

In normal mode this is a 7 vs 1 mode. It is pretty hard for the counsellors to beat Jason and survive but it is possible. To throw in a second killer with super powers reduce all of the counsellors to nothing more than running targets (or "Crazy Chickens" if anybody knows this computer game :) ). This  will be an unfair setting. And nobody wants to play a game with no chance of winning.

Besides that there are no intentions from offical side to get the "Nightmare" License. They have their own license and a succesful franchise so why spent (rare) money to buy another one?

This idea has been brought up before. It's not a bad idea but it's also an expensive idea.

Keep in mind licenses are really expensive. This game is happening due to Sean Cunningham gifting the license to Gun Media. This means they paid nothing on it. I believe "just take the license, if it will make your game better go can have it"

Very very generous thing to do otherwise this game would have been a very different one. The problem with even entertaining a Freddy appearance in anything is that Wes Craven passed away not too long ago. All of that stuff is tied up I'm red tape up down left and right.

Also the success of this game may get a few people interested in making horror games with icons again. Time will tell.

What we need is Terrordrome with a big budget.

That'd be so awesome if it happened but the rights issues for that would be a nightmare (no pun intended). Then again with the recent Mortal Kombat games having numerous Horror characters perhaps it's a sign the licenses aren't as difficult to get as before.

That'd be so awesome if it happened but the rights issues for that would be a nightmare (no pun intended). Then again with the recent Mortal Kombat games having numerous Horror characters perhaps it's a sign the licenses aren't as difficult to get as before.

I imagine it's much different to put one character from a property in a game as opposed to an entire game themed after a property.

The amount of characters needed to make Terrordrome seem truly epic laughs at the small amount of horror characters so far in MKX.

• Like 1

The amount of characters needed to make Terrordrome seem truly epic laughs at the small amount of horror characters so far in MKX.

You need but really 8 or 9 more to make a decent one. Depending on who you count as horror icons.

MK so far has gotten:

Freddy Krueger

Jason Voorhees

Predator

Leatherface

Xenomorph Alien

Not all in the same game, but still quite impressive they've managed to license these.

Mk netherrealm studios have both loads of money plus have done many AAA titles with the MK series, so they of course can get licenses like no tomorrow

And they have the potential to make an actual Terrordrome game. If they could do what they did with the Injustice storyline, then they can do something similar with a bunch of slasher villains. But given how they haven't really handled the Slasher King himself, Jason Voorhees, very well with the fatalities and all, I'd rather have another company to make their own Terrodrome.

A Terrordrome with the graphics of the latest Killer Instinct would be bad-ass.

Injustice consists of DC Comics characters though, whom WB owns and thus can easily use. It'd be different and far harder to do a Terrordrome-style fighter where so many of the characters are owned by different studios. I don't think it'd be impossible to make no, but it'd be incredibly expensive to make due to licensing issues and I can see the sheer cost of licensing alone being off-putting to many developers.

Injustice-style Terrordrome would be pretty fun too. With more blood, of course.

Honestly, while a big budget Terrordrome would be stupid awesome, I think a big budget Blackheart game is far more realistic. Besides, Blackheart is better than Terrordrome gameplay wise.

This is Friday The 13th.

Not Nightmare On Elmstreet.

Freddy vs Jason is something you can achieve with Terrordrome or Terrordrome 2 most likely.

I can understand with this game actually coming along quite well, keeping the fans in mind at all times, with all the detail to the F13 Franchise. That people are foaming at the mouth for a similar take with Halloween or Nightmare on Elmstreet. Maybe down the line, Gun Media will be asked or offered to do the same with those two franchises.

JMO, I don't want Freddy or Michael in this game. Its one thing to potentially add other movie characters from the F13 series (like Tommy Jarvis) or Mrs. Voorhees herself to the 7 vs 1 gameplay and balancing that. Its another thing to add other characters from other franchises or changing the concept all together.