instructorwrath

Turn friendly fire off with melee weapons

I hope the FF stays; it adds to the atmosphere imho, people in full panic can do the most weird stuff, with some horrific results sometimes.

And it cause some hilarious accidents from time to time.

I also suffered teamkills on purpose, and as much as I hate that, I still would love to see FF stay in the game as it is.

Just be careful going berserk ;) 

wish I could return this game, I can't play a round without being killed by another player. Sometimes it's because I have something they want but the majority of the time its because they think its funny. I read that a update will punish guest who kill others by taking away XP points, I doubt this will work. Maybe I'll wait a month try playing again but till this problem is fixed I'm recommending to all my friends to not buy this game.

wish I could return this game, it use to happen once every ten games but now I can't play a round without being killed by another player. Sometimes it's because I have something they want but the majority of the time its because they think its funny. I read that a update will punish guest who kill others by taking away XP points, I doubt this will work. Maybe I'll wait a month try playing again but till this problem is fixed I'm recommending to all my friends to not buy this game.

LoveUnsurpassed... that's some serious bad luck. I have dozens and dozens of matches under my belt. Public quick matches, mind you. Dozens. And I'd estimate that ~1% of them have ended in me being outright betrayed.

7 hours ago, cslyles76 said:

[Content Removed]

No need for posts like this... Agree to disagree or move on. :wacko:

3 hours ago, cslyles76 said:

Holy sh#t! I just noticed you had 275 posts on this board. Not a lot of time for the ladies when your that deep into, not video games, but a video game message board. My god how sad. No wonder you troll so hard, it's the only thing you're doing hard.

Um theres some of us here like me that have made thousands of posts

@cslyles76 there is no need for any of that I have removed your posts. Post respectfully. While the comment that you replied to was not respectful either two wrongs don't make a right. @derrickkolba you also know better than to post stuff like that as well. 

I used to care about gaming enough to do a big write up supporting my ideas....now it's just meh.

So, the solution is simple...either a reflective style of friendly fire, wherein, the "damager" takes the damage they inflict....or a split friendly fire, wherein the "damager" takes the same amount of damage they inflict.  Both are old old (8+years) concepts, and usually work well.  Shouldn't be hard to implement.

On 6/16/2017 at 6:43 AM, LoveUnsurpassed said:

wish I could return this game, I can't play a round without being killed by another player. Sometimes it's because I have something they want but the majority of the time its because they think its funny. I read that a update will punish guest who kill others by taking away XP points, I doubt this will work. Maybe I'll wait a month try playing again but till this problem is fixed I'm recommending to all my friends to not buy this game.

I find that very difficult to believe considering I've never even once been TK'd out of the dozens of games I've played (I'm level 22). I know it happens, but there's no way it's happening to you every game. Unless of course you're doing something that irritates other players.

On 6/16/2017 at 7:32 AM, Kalidor said:

LoveUnsurpassed... that's some serious bad luck. I have dozens and dozens of matches under my belt. Public quick matches, mind you. Dozens. And I'd estimate that ~1% of them have ended in me being outright betrayed.

I suspect he's exaggerating because he really disagrees with friendly fire.

On 14-6-2017 at 10:03 PM, BloodyNights said:

Yeah -1000xp... You'd think I'd be happy, but when I think of the times that someone has stepped on one of the traps I've placed right in the door way and it killed them. It kind of makes me shudder a little bit to think that I will have played an entire match and basically gotten zero xp. I guess I'll just have to avoid laying down traps.

I think the devs can make it in such a way they will know the difference between being killed by a trap or by another player?

-1000 XP for deliberate team killing. Me likes. And if TK'ers keep doing it they should strip them off the Jasons they unlocked etc.

Well that's it. I'm finally done with the game till friendly fire is turned off.

Went through a match today and found the fuse, then Jason showed up. Fought and dodged him for a good 4-5 min. before I lost him. Then I go back and put the fuse in and go to make a call when I'm randomly attacked ( I was already very injured from Jason). Ran through the house and found a machete to defend myself and spend another 3 min. before I kill the person who attacked me, then another person enters the cabin and attacks me until Jason shows up and finishes me off. 

That's two people in a row who must have been working with Jason. I could have done something, but with friendly fire on there is just no chance in these situations. I'm gonna stick to Farpoint and my VR aim and screw this game, 

Yeah, "Jason collusion" (for lack of a better term) is terrible.  I used to be OK with friendly fire, since it allowed for accidental "collateral damage" in close attacks with Jason and the occasional accidental shotgun blast, but sine intentional TK has become rampant, I think I'm in favor of turning off friendly fire entirely.  Just too much collusion and trolling for it to continue on harmlessly.

• Like 1