Stickman73

Do people get to play Jason enough? Or is it just me?

In my experience of playing the game, I understand how to play Jason their is a 1/8 chance, and other people may have their preference as Jason, yet still, having had the game for 3 days, I have played so little of Jason than I think is needed for a gameplay experience that is varied and continuously fun, and I love the game and can't wait to see what comes later down the line, as it has to only get better than this, but I am mainly asking if other people feel that they haven't played or had enough experience/fun with Jason. Am I the only one who feels this way or that unlucky to almost never play Jason?

You may just be unlucky. I have a counselor preference and yet I've been Jason at least 15 times by now. Just lucky of the draw I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

You may just be unlucky. I have a counselor preference and yet I've been Jason at least 15 times by now. Just lucky of the draw I guess.

Honestly, it feels like the Preferences are switched secretly, that would be evil. I have Jason preference and ill get him like twice a day. but tbh I really prefer Councilor.

I prefer counselors as well. Less pressure to be that good at the game as a counselor tbh, With Jason, I feel like if I don't achieve at least 3 kills, I suck and everyone will know lol

• Like 2

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the preference choice is busted and having him selected makes it less of a chance. I barely got to play Jason lately and I feel the chances dropped after I chose to spawn as Jason more often.  

27 minutes ago, Conan_the_Savage said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the preference choice is busted and having him selected makes it less of a chance. I barely got to play Jason lately and I feel the chances dropped after I chose to spawn as Jason more often.  

I know, I had his preference, no play with him, put it on none, gets three games with him, only once have I ever had a game with him when I had the preference on.

43 minutes ago, Conan_the_Savage said:

Maybe. Played three games late last night, the same kid was picked to be Jason two of the three games...he was yelling, "I DON'T WANT TO BE JASON, I SUCK AT HIM! WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME BE JASON?" 

11 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Maybe. Played three games late last night, the same kid was picked to be Jason two of the three games...he was yelling, "I DON'T WANT TO BE JASON, I SUCK AT HIM! WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME BE JASON?" 

That blows. I'd shocked if it's not broken.

I made a thread about it Wednesday. If it's working as intended than it just sucks and could use a revamp.

Played around 70 games but only 3 or 4 times as Jason, with counselor preference so for me, the preferences are working.

The devs said in the latest patch notes the preferences have more effectiveness, but I still think it doesn't work well, Playing as Jason should be a regular thing, not like the lottery 0.00001 chance in 1000000.

I'm not really sure if the algorithm is broken or not. I've played a little over 100 games, and I've been Jason about 40% of the time. I do have my preference set as Jason, and run into mostly players with the preference to be counselors. I run 4 or 5 games before the dreaded disconnect. Could just be luck. Maybe a developer could weigh in on this?

I was about to make a suggestion for this issue so I opened a topic specificaly with my possible solution but my topic was closed and I have been told to use the serchfunction because this has already been so heavily discussed.

I did so, and searched and it wasnt that easy to find one thread with this topic, now I am here and I amfra beyond the point of beeing polite and now I am venting of my frustration.

Seriously, no people dont get the chance to play Jason often enough.

At the beginning it was ok, I was Jason now and then, it seemed to be fair.

I really looked forward to play Jason 8, when I was level 19 I bacame Jason and I tought "Argh one or two games too soon, ok doeasnt matter I will get my chance."

The next time I became Jason I was level 22, took a while, but ok I finally got to play Jason 8. I have never been Jason again ever since and I am just a little bit away from level 28 now. This is completly messed up, I am Jason one-time during nine level ups? Are you serious?

Yeah you can say play with friends and choose who is Jason manual, but their are not always seven friends online who have this game and if they are everybody wants and deserves a chance as Jason, which means you have to play for 2 1/2 hours. Sometimes you dont have time to play so long and/or you are not in the mood for such a long session.

I've reached a point of frustration about that so that I still search the cabins and try to gather stuff to escape, but once Jason shows up near me and try to give me chase, I just stop moving and stand still. He wants the kill? Here he can have it, I give it away for free, I wont ove and I dont have a pocketknife, do as you wih and be happy about it.

I am aware that its not the fault of the guy who plays Jason  but I am sick and tired because of always playing counselor for hours and hours and hours. Today I've played 4 1/2 hours and havent been Jason once and that is bullshit.

For reference, Im at about 140-150 (lost count) matches as councilor and 14 matches as Jason, no preference selected on steam. 

On PS4, 8 times councilor, 1 Jason, no preference.

I have my preference set as Jason and I'm probably 2 for 40. What's funny is if I'm about 2 for 40 and some others are complaining about it. Shouldn't there be people that are 15 for 40? 

On 6/2/2017 at 1:53 PM, FinalBoy said:

I prefer counselors as well. Less pressure to be that good at the game as a counselor tbh, With Jason, I feel like if I don't achieve at least 3 kills, I suck and everyone will know lol

Same here... I've been playing since around May 28th or so and I've only been Jason twice. Both times I think I got 2 kills. I suck as a counselor AND Jason. But if I could play more than 5 matches in one evening, I might get better lol. Hopefully that can be fixed. 

does this problem affect everyone that has the game or it depends on the account?Can some players have the problem and others not?

And does anyone know about how much the ratio should be?i mean 1 Jason match for how many counselor matches?

I have to add something to my earlier post.

Tonight I played with some friends. We had a full lobby.

As I mentioned in my previous post I wasnt Jason for god knows how long, nine level ps without beeing Jason.

Tonight we played eight rounds and I was Jason in three of the first four.

Something really has to be changed with that system.

Just luck of the draw in my case some nights I've got him 3 or 4 times then other times I play 5 games and more don't get him once.

Update: 17 straight matches today without being Jason. Thats 21 in a row now as councilor. This is getting annoying. I want to fucking kill some councilors, tired of digging through drawers 21 matches in a row.