GunMedia_Ben

Xbox One Updated! - Patch Notes and Update on Matchmaking

Matchmaking - Due to a high number of users we are switching to a more robust matchmaking / system that will support a high number of players. We have made some changes to our current matchmaking system that should help reduce matchmaking times. We are currently working with Microsoft and moving over to a new system that will help reduce matchmaking times to more than acceptable times. We will have more information on that soon.

**Xbox One has been updated!** We have our Patch Notes listed below:

Patch Notes;
  • New intro cinematics for Tommy Jarvis spawn, Game Intro, and Game Outro.
  • Fixed crash for VoIP that would during gameplay
  • Fix for out of memory crash with a bug in the texture system bloating out textures after playing a couple of rounds.
  • Fixed getting stuck when interactive with drawers.
  • Fixed getting stuck when climbing through windows
  • Fixed camera getting stuck when interactive with doors, windows and drawers.
  • Fixed Jason getting stuck in a chop loop when breaking down doors.
  • Fixed Jason getting off aligned when breaking down doors. He will no longer keep popping back in a new position.
  • Fixed environment and grab kills being off.
  • Fixed environment and grab kill jittering.
  • Made knife pickup grab animations more accurate.
  • Fixed some knife pickups from not working.
  • Fixed the shotgun and flare gun sometimes not firing.
  • Fixed weapon swapping from floating.
  • Fixed firecrackers going through the world
  • Fixed physics on car. No longer can a group of counselors push it around.
  • Fixed getting in and out of a car where animations would get off sync.
  • Fixed players standing up in the car.
  • Fixed pocket knife not working when getting pulled out of the car.
  • Fixed more than one player being able to get into the driver's seat at the same time.
  • Fixed physics on boat. No longer can a group of counselors push it around.
  • Fixed getting in and out of a boat where animations would get off sync.
  • Fixed players standing up in the boat.
  • Fixed more than one player being able to get into the boat driver's seat at the same time.
  • Fixed HUD getting stuck when getting in and out of Armour.
  • Fixed blood getting stuck on screen when dying.
  • Fixed blood getting stuck on screen when coming back as Tommy Jarvis.
  • Fixed repair mini game getting stuck on screen when getting hit with a weapon while doing the mini-game.
  • Fixed exploit where users were able to go into combat stance and then sprint sliding around the character but not burning any stamina.
  • Fixed Jason sliding around when getting stunned.
  • Fixed counselors sliding around when playing the falling animation.
  • Fixed Jason grabbing someone out of a car and them becoming a ghost.
  • Fixed driving the car getting out of sync with the server / host then teleporting the player back to where they got into a car.
  • Made session invitations a lot more reliable.
  • Fixed crash where you would exit a match and then start a new Private Match.
  • Added movable hair to the female characters.
  • Optimized all maps to have a nice performance increase on Xbox One when action gets intense.
  • Did a warmer lighting pass to increase visual quality.
  • Fixed crash when getting grabbed by Jason.

• Like 6

I am happy with all of this. Thanks for the patch notes.

Now about that Savini music ;)

Favourite patch note - "Fixed Jason grabbing someone out of a car and them becoming a ghost."

Hoping my voice will have recovered enough to actually get gaming by Sunday, but certainly everything else looks properly in place and I got my various outfit choices and perks and Jason kills all set up again afresh.

How To Play and Credits are correctly on the menu now, too.

Thank you for all the hard work and time put into this, under very difficult circumstances.

Please fix this on Xbox One:
When searching for a session via 'quick play' and then going to do something else on Xbox Guide Bar or anything of the sort it will cancel the search for session.

Can't even check xbox live messages/invites without canceling out of search session. Can't even and ever leave the realm of full screen 'searching for session' screen.

Tell me this was not intentional by Gun & Illfonic?

I appreciate the patch and that it's finally live! Looking forward to more of them plus content related things.

I notice that in that long list of patch notes none of them says "Fixed Quickmatch".

Right now, 01:03 GMT in the UK it's not working for me.

10 minute wait.

Tried again.

10 minute wait.

Tried again.

13 minute wait... in a lobby... by myself.  There's nobody else here. I've been hanging about another 10 minutes and nobody is being placed in here.

Unfortunately it would appear that Quickmatch is not working correctly.

18 hours ago, limitz said:

Please fix this on Xbox One:
When searching for a session via 'quick play' and then going to do something else on Xbox Guide Bar or anything of the sort it will cancel the search for session.

Can't even check xbox live messages/invites without canceling out of search session. Can't even and ever leave the realm of full screen 'searching for session' screen.

Tell me this was not intentional by Gun & Illfonic?

I appreciate the patch and that it's finally live! Looking forward to more of them plus content related things.

Same issue on PS4.

Some infrastructure needs to be worked on for matchmaking on consoles it's a work in progress. The last patch was a stability patch. Once the issue gets ironed out you will see an improvement in finding matches. 

Yeah I see issues you fixed were indeed fixed and taken care of. Once you get Quick Match fixed you should be perfect. I hope we get more map/locations in the future! Thanks!

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Horrorfan1989 said:

Yeah I see issues you fixed were indeed fixed and taken care of. Once you get Quick Match fixed you should be perfect. I hope we get more map/locations in the future! Thanks!

Not true. The game still crashes and drops people regularly. There is also a lot of polish that needs to be added to the game.

• Like 1

The Quick Play has been working a whole lot better this morning. I have gotten into several lobbies in a short time. I think the longest wait was 3 - 4 minutes.

Big Fan of the Friday The 13th franchise for well over 30 yrs! If I would've known about the game b4 it released I would've Pre-ordered. I'm still experiencing a lot of the same problems as b4 the Patch. I've been playing for hours every day since the day it came out but bc of lobby crashes I'm still only a lvl 9. When will the game be up & running as it was intended to? Also I know a lot of people are giving up & getting refunds on Xbox instead of waiting things out, is there any chance that those of us that stick with waiting things out might get Savini Jason or anything as compensation for all the trouble?

Yes I noticed yesterday while playing XBOX still has connection issues, crashes still at times, and more. This still needs to be fixed. Also yes XBOX is giving people refunds. I love the game but its only fair. A lot of people bought a game they honestly can't play and it pretty much is a waste of money if some can't play the game. However my game has improved and crashes very few. Also I joined the Friday the 13th group on the XBOX Game Hub and play through there now. I now have people who have added me as friends and I play with.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! I am still not gaining XP, still says I have 200XP right after i finish a match and get 1200XP any roll back or reimbursement a possibility? 

• Like 1

Quickmatch worked a little bit today.

Had great fun.  Ended up as Jason and thanks to the stuff I've learned on here... I got them all.

Quickmatch is the way the game is meant to be played.  The local chat for counselors to communicate, Jason able to hear them if he's near, absolutely brilliant.

Gone funny again but I did note an improvement in Visuals.

That blonde haired guy with the Sweater?  Pre Patch he looked terrible with his opening scream of terror.  Now he looks better, Jason looks better, you can see that a level of polish was added.  Nice to see and hope they build on it.

Looking forward to a proper fix for Quickmatch but we're getting there.

Again I suspect that Quickmatch is being hosted locally as a temporary fix until they get their Dedicated Servers available for XBox.

If this is the case, i don't know how easy it is to do... but if there's a prompt that can warn the Host that they're the host (it's not too hard to recognise yourself... you're the only guy without any PING) some sort of prompt saying "You are hosting - Do Not Quit"... that might be helpful.  Might be easy, might be hard but if Devs can do it... please do.

Nearly feeling well enough to start playing the game properly. Didn't want to be coughing down my mic at people during all this (kind of a giveaway for Jason, too :P )

If the patch does come along around Thursday or Friday, that might dovetail beautifully.

My XP is messed up and I am not getting my correct amounts at all. Also still connection issues. Enough already with these problems. LOL

The main things I'd like fixed are the studio intros and the music being unsynced, the ability to skip the intros, the exploitation spots, connection loss, and the crashing to dashboard.

• Like 1

I'm getting irritated with Microsoft. Takes their multi-billion dollar think tank 6 days to test a patch? Hurry the hell up.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, JPops said:

Some infrastructure needs to be worked on for matchmaking on consoles it's a work in progress. The last patch was a stability patch. Once the issue gets ironed out you will see an improvement in finding matches. 

That's nice, to bad it doesn't do anything for the players who still cant play the game most of the time since it came out over two weeks ago.  

• Like 1