Spectating sucks!

This is less suggestions and more feedback. Here's some reasons why spectating sucks:

• It can be boring as shit
  • There is absolutely nothing to do but spectate
  • You can't even customize your counselors or select Jason kills
  • If you're not in a game with friends or people with mics, chat options are pretty limited
  • Folks have been quitting after dying to find a new game
  • The XP is not enough incentive
  • Again- you're forced to do nothing but spectate

Here's a list of random shit I've done to kill time while spectating:

• Put laundry in the wash
  • Put laundry in the dryer
  • Folded said laundry
  • Killed time on my iPad
  • Went outside
  • Read the forums
  • Checked Facebook
  • Read the news
  • Ate too many potato chips
  • Contemplated existence
  • Nothing

My point:

This is only week 1 and I'm bored/tired/sick of spectating. I know I'm not the only one. Someone wants me to play Jason 1000 times for a trophy but sit at my PS4 doing nothing for an incredibly ridiculous amount of time to even consider it.

If the game requires some external companion for entertainment than it has a real, potentially gamebreaking (or at least playerbase killing) issue.

The developers need to look for suggestions- reach out to the community or find suggestions and solutions internally. This is definitely something that will have a negative impact on the game going forward if it's not addressed promptly.

• Like 15

I wound up starting a thread yesterday about being able to customize during spectator mode. 

Sometimes I've seen some cool and funny stuff while spectating, but when people aren't talking and/or just hiding, it can be a long and boring wait.

I love this game. It'd be great to at least be able to customize during down time.

It's what I'm doing right now. I spawned right next to the car area and Jason morphed right near me. He just killed everyone, so at least I don't have to spectate anymore.

22 minutes ago, Vason Joorhees said:

I wound up starting a thread yesterday about being able to customize during spectator mode. 

Sometimes I've seen some cool and funny stuff while spectating, but when people aren't talking and/or just hiding, it can be a long and boring wait.

I love this game. It'd be great to at least be able to customize during down time.

It's what I'm doing right now. I spawned right next to the car area and Jason morphed right near me. He just killed everyone, so at least I don't have to spectate anymore.

I had an hour to play tonight, made it into two matches- one that was glitching like crazy. I died early in both matches and ended up having to spectate with the final counselor hiding in a closet for about 8 minutes both times. :wacko:

I don't personally know what the fix is but even allowing us to enter the Customization and How to Play sections would help. Maybe a jukebox to listen to the songs and score from the game. I don't know.

I admit I don't play a lot of online multiplayer games but spectating for 15 minutes feels pretty unacceptable. If this is common in other games than I'm disappointed gamers accept stuff like this.

• Like 1

I agree that customization should be something you can do while dead. It would help speed up lobbies too since it could be done during game. 

• Like 1

Here a list of random things i have done while being a specator:

- Spectate other players

- Discuss with other spectators what they had done, how they died, what they did wrong, what i might have done wrong

- Discuss strategies

- laugh at the misery of players still alive

- laugh at jason sucking at doing his job

- imagining the benny Hill Show Chase Theme while watching chases around trees, tables etc...

• Like 7

Be cool if the cabin is introduced again to hang out in with other dead players. Can maybe trade etc there too. Update chars yadda yadda.

• Like 3

On ps4 I wish I could at least spectate Jason in the normal online matches. I think you can in private party's. I can see people cheating if they are grouped up in their own party talk group, but regular folk that just use in game chat when dead can't talk to living anyway so watching Jason would be cool. 

1 hour ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I love spectating it's actually like watching the movies in s way use your imagination idk 

My imagination must be severly lacking.

I've seen some great matches play out but more often than not it's pretty boring. Watching someone hide in a closet for 8 minutes would make a pretty shitty movie in my books.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

My imagination must be severly lacking.

I've seen some great matches play out but more often than not it's pretty boring. Watching someone hide in a closet for 8 minutes would make a pretty shitty movie in my books.

Yeah some pretty cool movie like stuff has happened while i was spectating.

But more often than not the last guy will be in a closet hiding for the last 5-10 minutes.

• Like 1

Spectating is fun, plus whoever dies gets a random shot at coming back as Jarvis so there's that...

I don't mind it. I mean are we that ADHD where we gotta have a mini game up while we're spectating? yikes. Maybe it could use some tweaking. Like some F13 trivia option? I don't know.

At this time I don't think it is a problem. That old saying.... bigger fish to fry mean anything?

2 minutes ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Spectating is fun, plus whoever dies gets a random shot at coming back as Jarvis so there's that...

I don't mind it. I mean are we that ADHD where we gotta have a mini game up while we're spectating? yikes. Maybe it could use some tweaking. Like some F13 trivia option? I don't know.

At this time I don't think it is a problem. That old saying.... bigger fish to fry mean anything?

How many other forms of entertainment require you to find something else to do for as much 18 minutes? 

This feels like a big fish- it's killing lobbies.

• Like 2

I think if they added more of a incentive to stay in for the next round would help. It does suck if you are the first person to die so early on. Maybe after some consecutive matches there is a bonus of xp. Personally if they had the system of the longer you stay in lobby the high chance you become Jason. I'm not a fan of it being pure luck. The longer you stay in games would give you a high chance you play as Jason next round. I stayed in lobbies for many games and I've seen people get multiple times playing Jason before I got a shot. 

It's spectating though.. there is only so much for you able to do in games with one life per-round unless you the lucky guy to be Tommy.  

I don't think it is a problem. Maybe 1 ADHD millennial will leave sometimes, but I've not encountered it as a problem.

They do give 500XP for staying through. And like I said, if you die early, and Tommy gets called you could come back as him roughly a 25-50% chance or something. Since you'd be one of 4 people dead probably by that point.

I understand the complaint, but it isn't really warranted at this point. Down the road maybe they should do something. 500xp for staying is plenty incentive. Maybe as someone else said after 3 matches in a row (in same lobby) you could get a bonus of 250xp added on?

One thing they could do is they could do a thing where when you die, you can leverage a set amount of XP from that match that you've already earned or CP points against who will survive or be killed last? Something like that would be cool.

Like I could wager a maximum of 500 CP points to the game that so and so would survive?

Or I could wager my completion 500xp or something?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Like I could wager a maximum of 500 CP points to the game that so and so would survive?

Or I could wager my completion 500xp or something?

ooooooooooooooooooooo I can be on board with that, but I can see people cheesing the system if there are exploits. 

• Like 1

I think the easiest way to do it would be with the CP. CP is very valuable.

Wager 100-500 CP points after you die. There has to be at least 5 or 6 counselors left in order to wager your CP points.

PIck one that is alive that will escape/survive or be killed last. If you get it right, you double whatever you bet. Wrong, you lose that. Could be cool

maybe only can wager after Tommy is spawned. They have to make it so you can't wager on a survivor on their way out of the map. Some type of confirming at least so player can see if it's a bad deal. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

I think the easiest way to do it would be with the CP. CP is very valuable.

Wager 100-500 CP points after you die. There has to be at least 5 or 6 counselors left in order to wager your CP points.

PIck one that is alive that will escape/survive or be killed last. If you get it right, you double whatever you bet. Wrong, you lose that. Could be cool

I've seen this suggestion and I think something like this along with access to the Customization screen would work.

Doesn't Mortal Kombat have something like this in their King of the Hill (?) mode?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Spectating sucks!

This is less suggestions and more feedback. Here's some reasons why spectating sucks:

• It can be boring as shit

LMFAO. And people want Jason nerfed!!!!!!!!!! AHhahahahahahaha. Imagine it taking Jason twice as long to kill the counselors. Yep this is what some folks actually want. They think if Jason's abilities are nerfed that they will survive never considering those that die and have to spectate what would take twice as long. But shit the entire planet is one big selfish fuck.

4 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

LMFAO. And people want Jason nerfed!!!!!!!!!! AHhahahahahahaha. Imagine it taking Jason twice as long to kill the counselors. Yep this is what some folks actually want. They think if Jason's abilities are nerfed that they will survive never considering those that die and have to spectate what would take twice as long. But shit the entire planet is one big selfish fuck.

Jason's perfect- the only thing I would change is giving the counselors a 10-20 second head start before he can morph. Spawning by the car is a death sentence.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

LMFAO. And people want Jason nerfed!!!!!!!!!! AHhahahahahahaha. Imagine it taking Jason twice as long to kill the counselors. Yep this is what some folks actually want. They think if Jason's abilities are nerfed that they will survive never considering those that die and have to spectate what would be twice as long. But shit the entire planet is one selfish fuck.

If they nerfed Jason then there wouldn't be people waiting around for 13-15 minutes because they were killed early on as often. That's why they want the nerfing. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

If they nerfed Jason then there wouldn't be people waiting around for 13-15 minutes because they were killed early on as often. That's why they want the nerfing. 

That shit you just typed doesn't even make sense. So you really think everyone would survive and the match would be over in 10 minutes for everyone? You want Jason nerfed to increase your chance at beating/surviving the game in under 10 minutes? Yay lets all escape and be bored with the game the first fucking month it's out. 

You folks think nerfing automatically translates into you escaping sooner. So then what the fuck is the point of playing the horror survival video game genre? Children want the nerf so they don't have to work hard and be patient, I get that part, but this is fucking Jason not the boss enemy from the My Little Pony game. 

People just want to survive by running around all aggressive the first 10 minutes of the god damn match. This, they think makes them good at the game. If you find yourself dying every time within the first five minutes of the 20 minute match, then I think it's safe to say you have shitty luck or you playing wrong. Let me give you an example of someone claiming Jason is too OP....so i watched their stream. They had AJ, they had the gas can, for the next 5-7 minutes I just saw that person running full speed as much as they could with no regard for their noise marker. I had to listen to him say the game sucked while he was the one that sucked at it. 

• Like 3

@ConGamePro You read all that in my 30 words huh? All I said is nerfing him will allow people to die less often earlier in the match so they're not spectating for 15+ minutes as much. That can be as simple as slowing his initial morph by like 30 seconds at the beginning of the match. Never said anything about making it easier to find the gear to leave, never said anything about escaping, just that nerfing the very early part of the game might be more enjoyable overall for everyone involved. Even BewareofBears suggested that there might be opportunities to balance better. If you think the game balance is absolutely perfectly tuned right out of the gate, then you'd be in the vast minority. That said, you can disagree all you want, you don't get to talk to the community like some all knowing a-hole. Consider this a warning. Be respectful even in disagreements. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConGamePro said:

Nerf is a nerf. Some moderator you are. Who hired you? 

I advise you to take it down a couple of notches. It's fine to disagree with one another but do so respectfully.