HodderFodder

Suggestion: Add compass points to the mini map

While I know that the devs want to capture a sense of confusion and panic, and make things harder by forcing you to find a map, but I have a suggestion. Place compass points on the exterior of the mini-map so you can identify which direction you are moving. At the very least, North.

Even with the mini-map, I find myself constantly checking the actual map to determine which direction I'm going. It's verye asy for me to get turned around and go in circles.

Worse, if you don't have an actual map, it's incredibly difficult to communicate directions to people. If a person has found a car part, you can tell them "The car is North East."

I know you can set the mini-map to not rotate with you, but I think the map rotating with you is a better overall function, showing you waht's ahead of you.

30 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

Unbenannt.jpg

Did I mention my vision is not the best?

Thanks for pointing that out. I wish it were a bit darker/clearer.

for once i dont mean this in a trollish way: maybe a set of glasses or at least new ones would help? maybe fiddle with the contrast settings of your tv?

48 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

for once i dont mean this in a trollish way: maybe a set of glasses or at least new ones would help? maybe fiddle with the contrast settings of your tv?

I have two sets, one for regular (what I use to play the game) and a pair of reading glasses. When I look at the mini-map, I can make out the bloops of counselors, cabins, and the road, but no more finer detail than that. Same with the bigger Map; gotta whip out the reading glasses if I need to, say, read the name of a camp sight. Or, as Jason, differentiate the phone symbol from the power box symbol.

you need one of those switchable ones, you know with the normal part AND the reading part in the bottom.

I kind of think they should remove the compass point and make it part of a perk. During the day sun and shadow help out immensely with identifying direction but trying to figure out north at night is very difficult even to a trained individual. It would add more confusion to the counselors and require them to use landmarks instead of cardinal direction. I think this would be nice to add to several perks in addition to what they already offer. Possibly some of the underrated ones in order to spice them up. 

Yeah that's something that could've been easily added years ago but that would require work. It's easier to just say the lawsuit prevents you from adding something like that.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, G-A-B-R-I-E-L said:

How come the mini map only shows north?

How many directions does the mini map need to show? If you can't tell your directions, only knowing which way north is, then I don't know what to say...

On 12/3/2020 at 12:46 PM, JED said:

It's easier to just say the lawsuit prevents you from adding something like that.

It's also easy to assume that if a person using the mini map knows that the "N" stands for North, they would know the other directions based upon that.

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It's also easy to assume that if a person using the mini map knows that the "N" stands for North, they would know the other directions based upon that.

I'd hate to see these kids try to read an actual compass. 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2020 at 6:18 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Most people can use N to figure out the other directions.

• Like 2