While he is very fun to play, he really needs to be balanced. Now, I'm not saying the counselors should be buffed, they're perfect. However, Jason needs to be nerfed. He should not be able to shift grab at all, it's very unfair. There should be a time window you have to wait after teleporting or shifting to grab someone. I understand that you want to be fair to the movies, however, this is a game and needs to be balanced as such. An additional change could help with both the issue with not being able to escape since Jason can insta-kill you pretty much anywhere and again, Jason being OP. Jason should have to injure you before he grabs you. If he doesn't it should be easier to escape. I love this game, however, find myself starting to dislike it, being the balance issues and starting to play other games like this that are more balanced.

• Like 3

Jason is fine people will get better over time and learn counter. And once people learn perk combo the game will balance itself out

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, slyratt said:

Jason is fine people will get better over time and learn counter. And once people learn perk combo the game will balance itself out

He's talking about shift grabbing.
95% of that is in Jason's hands(pun not intended). The better he is, the more fucked you are.
There are no perks that can help you against that.

I don't agree that he has to injure you before he can grab you though.
They should increase the time before he can preform a kill though, to give others a reasonable possibility to attack Jason to free their ally.(Or just remake the combat system)

Honestly, just get rid of the struggle QTE or replace it by something more civilised than smashing a button.

I agree with the shift grabbing. When Jason exits the shift already in the grap animation I feel like is an exploit of the game mechanics. At least give us a 0.1 second window before the grab can occur just long enough for the shift screen-effect to stop. 

As for breaking the grab I feel it should be relative to the fear/health of the counselor. An injured terrified counselor would have almost no chance of getting away whereas a healthy unafraid counselor would have an easier time breaking the grab. At the very least this would encourage Jason to use his melee weapon for something besides windows and doors. Jason would still be able to grab you regardless of health or fear, and kill you just as quickly.

if he can't grab out of Shift than Shift is essentially worthless as he'd still be unable to grab nearly any of the kids aside from the super slow ones.

1 minute ago, Mr Yac said:

if he can't grab out of Shift than Shift is essentially worthless as he'd still be unable to grab nearly any of the kids aside from the super slow ones.

Whenever I'm Jason I just stand there for half a second after shifting. No moving, no attacking, no grabbing.
I have no problem killing all the little counsellors.

Shift is still very useful to me, I just use it differently.

4 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Jason is fine as is.

Surviving is not a given. 

Git Gud is not an argument, because that is pretty much what your statement comes down to.

Even without shiftgrabbing, killing all the survivors is not very hard, just less cheesy and more balanced in my opinion.

Put a "no trap zone" around the phone box and cars and/or let counselors snap traps with weapons. "Oh but you're supposed to take one for the team and step in it." Ok, let's say I come into your house while you're taking a crap and put some bear traps in front of the door. I guess you're just going to have to put your foot in it if you want your toilet paper.

Is it realistic that anyone would be so dumb as to put their foot it it?

"OMG, there's a trap at my only escape. I have this baseball bat, but I can't put that in the trap. I might need it. My feet? I have insurance, I'll be ok. A few hours of surgery and 6 months in a cast and I'll be fine."

• Like 1

I think he shouldn't be able to shift inside and if he misses his grab he should be slowed or something i hate grab spamming Jason's.

16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Put a "no trap zone" around the phone box and cars and/or let counselors snap traps with weapons. "Oh but you're supposed to take one for the team and step in it." Ok, let's say I come into your house while you're taking a crap and put some bear traps in front of the door. I guess you're just going to have to put your foot in it if you want your toilet paper.

Is it realistic that anyone would be so dumb as to put their foot it it?

"OMG, there's a trap at my only escape. I have this baseball bat, but I can't put that in the trap. I might need it. My feet? I have insurance, I'll be ok. A few hours of surgery and 6 months in a cast and I'll be fine."

Best idea I've heard is that you should be able to snap traps with weapons, but he'll still be alerted, or snap them with pocket knife and then he won't be alerted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryve said:

Git Gud is not an argument, because that is pretty much what your statement comes down to.

Even without shiftgrabbing, killing all the survivors is not very hard, just less cheesy and more balanced in my opinion.

There are 2-3 easy ways to kill counselors. Just slash and avoid grabs. The game isn't terribly challenging. It's going to happen. And it's not only a matter of being good, you need to be lucky against a Jason who prefers to win to having fun via grab special kills. The game is heavily in Jason's favor and that should be the case.

All the people complaining about jason being OP need to learn new strategies  as a councilor.

I see so many people walking off trails with no flashlights all the time, and they are easy prey for Jason to grab.

use you flashlight, search for pocket knifes, learn to dodge, stay crouched, and stay to well lit areas. And communicate with your team!

you will survive much longer, if you follow these rules.

the solution isn't to make Jason weaker.

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

There are 2-3 easy ways to kill counselors. Just slash and avoid grabs. The game isn't terribly challenging. It's going to happen. And it's not only a matter of being good, you need to be lucky against a Jason who prefers to win to having fun via grab special kills. The game is heavily in Jason's favor and that should be the case.

No one is saying the game shouldn't be in Jason's favor. Of course it should be.

Shift-grabbing is just cheese and feels lame to lose against and to me it also feels lame to win with.
Even without it, the game is still heavily in Jason's favor. I never use it and I consistently kill 90% of counsellors.

3 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

All the people complaining about jason being OP need to learn new strategies  as a councilor.

I see so many people walking off trails with no flashlights all the time, and they are easy prey for Jason to grab.

use you flashlight, search for pocket knifes, learn to dodge, stay crouched, and stay to well lit areas. And communicate with your team!

Dodging doesn't help much against shift-grabbing. That is 95% in Jason's hands.
Your tips are good, but that's not what we're on about now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

EXACTLY. Sick and tired of seeing the DBD crowd trying to make this game suck like they did that one. If you prefer an easier game, you probably aren't playing a game that's for you. Also, if you can't grasp the concept of F13, you probably should play another game. NO Jason does NOT need to be nerfed and I NEVER have even played as Jason. I have only been able to try to escape him. He is as he should be in MANY peoples opinions, including mine.

ALSO to Ryve, YEAH, Get GUD is valid here. All of the complaints already have mechanics in effect to counter/offset them. Guess what, if Jason Grabs you, you can knife his neck or throw firecrackers down, if you are fast enough, so lets not conflate a non-issue just because YOU don't like it. You act as if struggling is the only way to break free, when OBVIOUSLY it is not. I can't stand when people intentionally leave out things, to try to skew a perspective, to conflate an issue.

14 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I do agree with you. Most people, including me are new to the game. I've watched a lot of videos to help me prepare for this game because it is amazing. I don't like how shouting nerf whatever only on a few tries. It is not supposed to be easy. Big thing for me is people not communicating. There are a lot of games I can care less about talking to other, but this one really calls for it. All the people that I communicate with we always have a significant advantage over the people that don't talk. The more you play the game you naturally will get better at it. Same goes for playing as Jason. Everything can't be handed to you. Sometimes in this game the luck is with or without you. 

20 minutes ago, KPops said:

EXACTLY. Sick and tired of seeing the DBD crowd trying to make this game suck like they did that one. If you prefer an easier game, you probably aren't playing a game that's for you. Also, if you can't grasp the concept of F13, you probably should play another game. NO Jason does NOT need to be nerfed and I NEVER have even played as Jason. I have only been able to try to escape him. He is as he should be in MANY peoples opinions, including mine.

ALSO to Ryve, YEAH, Get GUD is valid here. All of the complaints already have mechanics in effect to counter/offset them. Guess what, if Jason Grabs you, you can knife his neck or throw firecrackers down, if you are fast enough, so lets not conflate a non-issue just because YOU don't like it. You act as if struggling is the only way to break free, when OBVIOUSLY it is not. I can't stand when people intentionally leave out things, to try to skew a perspective, to conflate an issue.

I said struggling isn't even a way to get out if Jason doesn't want you to get out that way. He can instakill you while grabbed. That's not an issue to me though.

Git Gud is never a valid reason. Being lucky to find a pocket knife has nothing to do with skill and you can try throwing firecrackers,  but that won't help much against shift-grabs, because you have to stand in them to counter a shift-grab and then what?
I didn't leave anything out intentionally...

It's a botched mechanic and more and more Jason's aren't even playing the game anymore, they are playing the shift-grab minigame.
Removing this will hardly make Jason weaker, I prove that every time I play him, so don't worry about that.
In DBD people cried out because of window-cheese, well now we cry out because of shift-grab-cheese. It's not fun to lose against that, it just isn't.
And that is what it's still about, fun.

Chase me, cut me down grab me and tear me a new one.
Trap me, scare me, morph right in front of my boat and pull me assunder.
I love it all.

Being shift-grabbed, cheeeeeeeeese. It's lame.

You say a LOT of you don't want it to change, while only a few are "crying".
Well that's just wrong. A lot of us want this change.
If this change were implemented, we would be rid of the cheese we don't like, while you guys wouldn't feel much of a difference.
Unless shift-grabbing is all you did, and then you just need to git gud.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ryve said:

No one is saying the game shouldn't be in Jason's favor. Of course it should be.

Shift-grabbing is just cheese and feels lame to lose against and to me it also feels lame to win with.
Even without it, the game is still heavily in Jason's favor. I never use it and I consistently kill 90% of counsellors.

I can probably count on my hands the amount of shift grabs I've been caught in. I can count on my fingers my toes and a score besides how many times I've failed to shift grab. It's not easy so far as I know. If a particular player is skilled or lucky, that is more on them then the stats.

14 minutes ago, Ryve said:

I said struggling isn't even a way to get out if Jason doesn't want you to get out that way. He can instakill you while grabbed. That's not an issue to me though.

Git Gud is never a valid reason. Being lucky to find a pocket knife has nothing to do with skill and you can try throwing firecrackers,  but that won't help much against shift-grabs, because you have to stand in them to counter a shift-grab and then what?
I didn't leave anything out intentionally...

It's a botched mechanic and more and more Jason's aren't even playing the game anymore, they are playing the shift-grab minigame.
Removing this will hardly make Jason weaker, I prove that every time I play him, so don't worry about that.
In DBD people cried out because of window-cheese, well now we cry out because of shift-grab-cheese. It's not fun to lose against that, it just isn't.
And that is what it's still about, fun.

Chase me, cut me down grab me and tear me a new one.
Trap me, scare me, morph right in front of my boat and pull me assunder.
I love it all.

Being shift-grabbed, cheeeeeeeeese. It's lame.

You say a LOT of you don't want it to change, while only a few are "crying".
Well that's just wrong. A lot of us want this change.
If this change were implemented, we would be rid of the cheese we don't like, while you guys wouldn't feel much of a difference.
Unless shift-grabbing is all you did, and then you just need to git gud.

Botched in "your opinion", how many others? I would say the majority DON'T want to see this, from what I have seen. Funny thing is, most of the people that complain about it are DBD people that abandoned that to come here and want to try to turn this to that. Many say, NO thanks.

MANY of us are also very tired of things being conflated to try to make a non-issue, seem like an issue, just because someone doesn't like it making the game more difficult. NOT a reasonable reason to ask for a neuter in F13 in many opinions. Example: A kid was crying about people "spamming" Jasons primary attack. Turns out, the guy was merely swinging 4 times, which is what it takes to kill a healthy counselor. SAME thing going on here.

• Like 1

I started a thread titled "Buffs vs Nerfs" where I posted a video on this matter. The solution is not to nerf Jason but to buff the counselors.  And the best way to buff the counselors is to give them more ways to counter Jason.  I've posted suggestions all over this forum so I'm not going to do it here.

150% Agree with K-Pops,

I dont know if you know This but strength is in numbers.if you get shift grabbed while in a group they'll Simply hit Jason off you, there's your counter.

Why's there an outcry for a nerf anyway!? The game is based arpund Jason killing councillors, so they make him  strong enough

whenever you start a match you should never expect to win.

3 minutes ago, Verdex said:

150% Agree with K-Pops,

I dont know if you know This but strength is in numbers.if you get shift grabbed while in a group they'll Simply hit Jason off you, there's your counter.

Why's there an outcry for a nerf anyway!? The game is based arpund Jason killing councillors, so they make him  strong enough

whenever you start a match you should never expect to win.

Not expecting to win. Expecting to try.

How many times must I say this. This change is not a nerf, it's a removal of a mechanic that is seen as not fun by a lot of players. I already do this myself, where I "stun" myself for half a second after shifting and I have no problem killing counsellors.
I agree that it's a good strategy to group up so one can beat jason when he picks up his buddy.
It can be annoying enough to time that right and much much harder with a shift grab, since you can't lock-on to Jason before he grabs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryve said:

Not expecting to win. Expecting to try.

How many times must I say this. This change is not a nerf, it's a removal of a mechanic that is seen as not fun by a lot of players. I already do this myself, where I "stun" myself for half a second after shifting and I have no problem killing counsellors.
I agree that it's a good strategy to group up so one can beat jason when he picks up his buddy.
It can be annoying enough to time that right and much much harder with a shift grab, since you can't lock-on to Jason before he grabs.

If you tamper with his attacks in any way, that make him less effective, that IS NERF, whether you think it is or not. The counselors have FAR more advantages here but people would rather try to nerf Jason than to use/learn the numerous advantages that the counselors already have. That is why EVERYONE of these nerf/buff posts are absolutely ridiculous

Learn to play the game and stop trying to have it trashed, like what was done to DBD. Now you don't like DBD, you want this, to try to turn it into that, even though this is better. This game should not be dumbed down, or simplified, in many peoples opinions, it feels JUST as it should, which is like you are playing through a night of hell, trying to get away from Jason. In reality, anyone under 18 shouldn't even be allowed to express an opinion on a MATURE rated game.

3 minutes ago, KPops said:

If you tamper with his attacks in any way, that make him less effective, that IS NERF, whether you think it is or not. The counselors have FAR more advantages here but people would rather try to nerf Jason than to use/learn the numerous advantages that the counselors already have. That is why EVERYONE of these nerf/buff posts are absolutely ridiculous

Please tell us more numerous advantages that haven't been mentioned here yet.

If I am missing any, I will gladly learn more.