Sign in to follow this  
SILENCEI'mJason

CHANCES of some type of offline mode?

Sorry, its a balance between showing it and creating an expectation and showing it while hoping we can get the funds. All of the work we've done is pre-production stuff, there isn't anything really physically to show. We need a lot more funding to make single player happen, and unless we have a good expectation that its going to happen anytime soon, we've got to focus on making the game as it was originally designed be the best it can be. 

• Like 1

Just read this just now,it is what it is.But im not encouraged .

I don't think anyone would be opposed to getting bots or single player challenges. The creators have a vision of what will blow us away and with the creative minds that are involved with this project I believe this will be an awesome multiplayer game. I don't think for a second that any of the big names involved would put their names to a failure. It's just too many founding fathers of the industry. Don't forget, just a couple months ago some of us were sweating this game even getting funded.

Ben - Thanks for clearing that up and taking the time to answer. The Slasher Backer is steadily growing so who knows.

I was just repeating what you guys mentioned in the pax panel I agree with you Ben but he did mention possible idea of escaping a cabin in 1srt person ?

That sounds like a horrible single player mode. I'd rather just have offline vs bots.

How does that sound horrible? He mentioned a small offline idea and if that's 1 extra we could get that sounds great to me although I'm more excited for multiplayer short and sweet!!! I'm not really into offline games!

How does that sound horrible? He mentioned a small offline idea and if that's 1 extra we could get that sounds great to me although I'm more excited for multiplayer short and sweet!!! I'm not really into offline games!

Cause a mode where you're just trying to get out of a cabin sounds boring as shit.

Think about this,what if some doctor who is a huge Friday the 13th fan comes in and spends a large amount of money.Ive been checking the game Facebook page and there is some people with really good jobs that are interested.Is their anyway to get advertisment and pre orders going at local Game stop locations.If we can get Gamestop pre orders then we are saved and offline single player will happen .

With the short amount of time left with the release being this Oct even if they came up with the funds for single player I would still rather them not even try for it and instead keep focus on multiplayer because if they jump into both with only a few months left don't you all feel like they won't come out that good because they were rushed?

• Like 1

Think about this,what if some doctor who is a huge Friday the 13th fan comes in and spends a large amount of money.Ive been checking the game Facebook page and there is some people with really good jobs that are interested.Is their anyway to get advertisment and pre orders going at local Game stop locations.If we can get Gamestop pre orders then we are saved and offline single player will happen .

Pre-orders at GameStop wouldn't help the situation for three reasons:

1) pre-orders at GameStop are only $5 deposits and not a guaranteed sale like they are on the slasher backer.

2)The $5 pre-order money also doesn't go to the developers, it sits in GameStop's bank account earning interest for them (which is one of the sneaky ways GameStop constantly has profit growth and stays in business even as digital downloads become more common).

3) The developers wouldn't see any money from Game Stop until the game is completed and ready to ship to their stores. At that point, GameStop would put in an order for x amount of games based on the pre-orders totals. So even if GameStop bought 1,000,000 copies based on a ton of pre-orders, none of that money would affect the outcome of the game development since it would already be done by the time they place the order. At best, we could hope that it might give them the money to start working on a single player expansion to release a few months after the game releases, like what Street Fighter 5 is doing.

Another idea why not start another  backer campaign in october for a single player offline download and charge 150.00 a peice for single player 

Another idea why not start another  backer campaign in october for a single player offline download and charge 150.00 a peice for single player 

It's not gonna happen that way. You just need to be patient and wait till we get the PR push for the slasher backer we're $12937.05 away from the next stretch goal so it's moving steadily just chill about single player for now

• Like 1

They can't just keep opening new crowd fundings and asking for money for this or that. They're game developers, not street beggars... Eventually they would start to burn bridges with the majority of customers if they keep asking for them to fund every add-on up front like that. I still think we're all better off with them focusing on making the multiplayer as awesome as possible so the game sells well, and then they can take the money they make off that and take a couple of years to develop a fully planned for and well designed single player mode in the sequel as well as some solid multiplayer upgrades as well. For some reason, a lot of single player champions on this forum act like the idea of a sequel is this taboo thought.

• Like 2

Another idea why not start another backer campaign in october for a single player offline download and charge 150.00 a peice for single player

Woah, I am not sure that is the answer to single player. The average cost of a game is $60, to ask someone to pay almost 2.5x's the price of a AAA title for a mode would not be well received abroad.

I see a lot of people doing one of two things

1) waiting for release day or looking for Pre-orders to open at retail stores to get the game.

2) claim they will withhold money until a single player is announced.

Perhaps as a single player advocate you could try to convince people to Pre-order the game through the slasher backer. If you are really good maybe you can talk them into a machete steel collectors case?

As you know any Pre-orders through retail or digital means will not help us achieve the stretch goal as they don't count. Withholding money is only hurting development of things people would like to see. It is the burden of a crowd funded campaign but in cases such as this one are necessary to create the game the way it should be.

I have been discussing with people the pros of Pre-ordering through the slasher backer. Some will become angry and I will stop the conversation since it is no longer productive but then there are those who were unaware of the benefits of getting it through the slasher backer. Educate and if we all do our part then we can accomplish anything.

• Like 2

Woah, I am not sure that is the answer to single player. The average cost of a game is $60, to ask someone to pay almost 2.5x's the price of a AAA title for a mode would not be well received abroad.

I see a lot of people doing one of two things

1) waiting for release day or looking for Pre-orders to open at retail stores to get the game.

2) claim they will withhold money until a single player is announced.

Perhaps as a single player advocate you could try to convince people to Pre-order the game through the slasher backer. If you are really good maybe you can talk them into a machete steel collectors case?

As you know any Pre-orders through retail or digital means will not help us achieve the stretch goal as they don't count. Withholding money is only hurting development of things people would like to see. It is the burden of a crowd funded campaign but in cases such as this one are necessary to create the game the way it should be.

I have been discussing with people the pros of Pre-ordering through the slasher backer. Some will become angry and I will stop the conversation since it is no longer productive but then there are those who were unaware of the benefits of getting it through the slasher backer. Educate and if we all do our part then we can accomplish anything.

I know??? Tell everyone if they don't go pre order off the slasher backer right now Jason will come and get them in they're sleep!

Sorry for necro. This just came up in my search and I don't see another one better suited.

Well, I don't mind if they wait a year before creating it, but I do hope for offline/sp mode badly. Already bought the deluxe version and am thrilled at the fact that they fully appear to be doing the game right.

One main reason makes me want offline/sp:

Other people suck.

Ideally, it's great to think that the other players will embrace the multiplayer game and RP their characters well.  However, we gamers are all too aware of how rare something like that is.

Reasons other people playing suck:

1. I dread getting on the game with players who have chosen crappy stupid gamer tags as names for their characters. I want Jason after me, not "bbraper13" or some crap like that.

2. Spoilers.  - I don't care that you know how to beat Jason. I don't care that you know EVERYTHING. I want to play the counselors as naive as they are in the movies.

3. Speed Kings: Again, you're just the best. Hooray for you. Don't hurry me along. Don't quit because everyone else is too dang slow for you or they aren't doing things you want them to or you got that one achieve you needed so screw everyone else.

4. Trolls: If someone wants to play in such a way as will get others killed in realistic ways (let's go skinny dipping!) fine, that's awesome actually. If they are going out of their way to ruin the experience for everyone(as so many LOVE to do), not cool. Don't need to play 1000 games where the Jasons just stand there jumping up and down.

5. Jerks. Don't need to be told how much I suck by others while playing. Don't wanna hear about how much another player sucks according to you either. But I'm sure I'll hear plenty of this in-game.

Mostly, while the MP aspect is a great idea, I'm confident that other people being as craptastic as they have proven to be over and over in game after game will destroy the ambiance that I'm perfectly capable of creating with my own imagination as I did in the original NES game. Again, take as much time as necessary to flesh out a SP version. Offer it as an expansion down the road for all I care and I'll pay even more.

Just please, do it.