Sign in to follow this  
SILENCEI'mJason

CHANCES of some type of offline mode?

I know they've confirmed that the new game MIGHT have single player, but can I just get some type of official response on how that possibility is looking right now? I'm getting the game on matter what, and I don't mean to sound like a pestering offline junkie, but I just think that in order for this game to be "perfect", it needs to have some type of single player/offline component. Even the ability to play with bots/AI with no connection needed would be AMAZING. I just want to play this game whenever I want. Thank you!

I would not make a bold statement as it was some what a possibility. It is a definite possibility if we hit the stretch goal and that is what we should be aiming for. I know everyone devs included would like to see some form of an offline mode and try to give everyone what they want out of this game but it comes down to money to pay for having the work done. If the money was there it would be done. We can only keep reaching towards the goal. I have my fingers crossed too what good would a collectable be if you can't even play it? :P

• Like 1

I know they've confirmed that the new game MIGHT have single player, but can I just get some type of official response on how that possibility is looking right now? I'm getting the game on matter what, and I don't mean to sound like a pestering offline junkie, but I just think that in order for this game to be "perfect", it needs to have some type of single player/offline component. Even the ability to play with bots/AI with no connection needed would be AMAZING. I just want to play this game whenever I want. Thank you!

Look, I'm gonna level with you at the current rate that funding is coming in and if it continues at the same rate it is highly unlikely we'll get any kind of single player mode I have every confidence we'll reach the 875000 dollar stretch goal (We're only $17953.80 away) but beyond that I and everyone else just doesn't know. They probably won't be able to give a educated guess even until the big PR push for the slasher backer. So until then you'll have to hope for the best, work for the rest and spread the word on the campaign. It's all that can be done at this time

Also if my math is right we will need exactly 18216 people as of this post to buy the $60 dollar copy of the game to get the full single player mode or 12800 to get the single player challenge mode it's all about the numbers and to quote my favorite line from Terrence Howard in The Movie 43....

"IT'S JUST THAT PLAIN AND FUCKING SIMPLE."

• Like 1

So many threads have beat this horse to death before. lol. I know If I could get stretch goals just under that Jason X crap Id be in Nirvana.

• Like 1

Look, I'm gonna level with you at the current rate that funding is coming in and if it continues at the same rate it is highly unlikely we'll get any kind of single player mode I have every confidence we'll reach the 875000 dollar stretch goal (We're only $17953.80 away) but beyond that I and everyone else just doesn't know. They probably won't be able to give a educated guess even until the big PR push for the slasher backer. So until then you'll have to hope for the best, work for the rest and spread the word on the campaign. It's all that can be done at this time

Also if my math is right we will need exactly 18216 people as of this post to buy the $60 dollar copy of the game to get the full single player mode or 12800 to get the single player challenge mode it's all about the numbers and to quote my favorite line from Terrence Howard in The Movie 43....

"IT'S JUST THAT PLAIN AND FUCKING SIMPLE."

No as long as they keep the Slasher Backer Campaign going all the way to October why wouldnt we eventually get it funded for offline single player.

No as long as they keep the Slasher Backer Campaign going all the way to October why wouldnt we eventually get it funded for offline single player.

Yeah but that is not going to happen because it's no small feat coding AI and integrating it into the established game besides the game releases in October and they would not meet there deadline for release if they kept the slasher backer going till then it will probably only be around till June at the latest before funding stops and they just give us what they can fund

They did talk about a small single player challenge at PAX not sure if they mean definatly or if they reach a stretch goal but it will be in1st person inside a cabin and you have to find keys and get out alive!

It would be cool even if it's small just something so 20 years down the road we can pop the disc in and play our collectible ;)

They did talk about a small single player challenge at PAX not sure if they mean definatly or if they reach a stretch goal but it will be in1st person inside a cabin and you have to find keys and get out alive!

It would be cool even if it's small just something so 20 years down the road we can pop the disc in and play our collectible ;)

The reference was in regards to the challenge mode stretch goal at $1,625,000

Theres no reason to stop the backer campaign in September people still want to buy the book and Dlc Codes,The Soundtrack,but if this game is going to have any value to it there going to have to make it single player offline.When i try to play online mode with my Ps3 Games when its searching for players there is  no online games or players because everyone has upgraded to ps4.When Ps5 comes out its probably going to be backwards compatible but still to be able to find a ps4 online game will be difficult .Why would this company work so hard on this game and then 6 years down the road you cant play it.Theres got to be an Online downloadable online patch that you can purchase later for offline single player .Can one of the moderators explain any backup plans for offline single player .There going to start selling T shirts,more add on Dlc codes for the game this game is being advertised in all the major Horror magazines.So if we dont hit the stretch goal is there a backup plan in place for an online downloadable patch for offline single player .

Theres no reason to stop the backer campaign in September people still want to buy the book and Dlc Codes,The Soundtrack,but if this game is going to have any value to it there going to have to make it single player offline.When i try to play online mode with my Ps3 Games when its searching for players there is no online games or players because everyone has upgraded to ps4.When Ps5 comes out its probably going to be backwards compatible but still to be able to find a ps4 online game will be difficult .Why would this company work so hard on this game and then 6 years down the road you cant play it.Theres got to be an Online downloadable online patch that you can purchase later for offline single player .Can one of the moderators explain any backup plans for offline single player .There going to start selling T shirts,more add on Dlc codes for the game this game is being advertised in all the major Horror magazines.So if we dont hit the stretch goal is there a backup plan in place for an online downloadable patch for offline single player .

At this time the only way to get a single player type of mode is to reach the stretch goals. It is the best chance of getting single player since nothing else can be guaranteed the slasher backer can not stay open forever. It will be incorporated into both PSN and Xbox live stores digitally and other sources so the slasherbacker can not be a continuous thing. While this game will be supported it also can't be holding a perpetual funding period to keep going back in making changes to the game. The game is just out of the alpha stages so there is no word on what can or can not happen down the line but as I said in the beginning the best way to get single player is to hit then stretch goal since that would be a guarantee.

Well how can we guarantee the stretch goal.What are some other hot items that will be sold and used to fund the stretch goal. If we got 6 more months to hit the stretch goal offline single player we need something that really leaps out at people . T shirts have been mentioned .But what else.

Well how can we guarantee the stretch goal.What are some other hot items that will be sold and used to fund the stretch goal. If we got 6 more months to hit the stretch goal offline single player we need something that really leaps out at people . T shirts have been mentioned .But what else.

It's can't be guaranteed unless someone wins the lotto and goes fuck it I'm funding the entire stretch goal chart or someone can magically get 18000 some odd people to commit too pre ordering the game it just can't be guaranteed you're asking for an impossible promise dude.  

Well nothing is ever guaranteed. There will be some T-shirts there may be a few other things as well but nothing concrete. The biggest help any one of us can be is to spread the word independently. What may be a help is PAX as panels are being done at those. By a show of hands at the panel a few know a lot about the game. The slasher backer was mentioned at the pax panel so maybe that will drum up some Pre-orders. Just keep spreading the word. That's the burden of not having the money that say activision or ubisoft has but when you go that route you lose creative control so there is pros and cons to everything.

• Like 1

Theres no reason to stop the backer campaign in September people still want to buy the book and Dlc Codes,The Soundtrack,but if this game is going to have any value to it there going to have to make it single player offline.When i try to play online mode with my Ps3 Games when its searching for players there is  no online games or players because everyone has upgraded to ps4.When Ps5 comes out its probably going to be backwards compatible but still to be able to find a ps4 online game will be difficult .Why would this company work so hard on this game and then 6 years down the road you cant play it.Theres got to be an Online downloadable online patch that you can purchase later for offline single player .Can one of the moderators explain any backup plans for offline single player .There going to start selling T shirts,more add on Dlc codes for the game this game is being advertised in all the major Horror magazines.So if we dont hit the stretch goal is there a backup plan in place for an online downloadable patch for offline single player .

There IS a reason to stop it in Sept. Usually about 3 weeks before the game releases, it goes "gold", which means the game code is finalized and printed onto discs so they can reach store shelves and customers by the release date. Therefore, by mid-September the campaign is done. They will have finished the game, and to coincide with that the crowdfunding will have completed as well. 

^^ exactly, from then on IF they did another kickstarter, it would be to fund additional work for DLC add ons or even sequel stuff.

That sounds like a horrible single player mode. I'd rather just have offline vs bots.
  • Like 1

We haven't even shown you guys what single player experience we have planned...but we spent several months working on it...and man I hope it becomes a reality.

• Like 5

More info Ben ? When you say " We have spent several months working on it do you mean it would be ready to go as long as the funds are there ? I'm guessing you can't give out any details of the mode without getting a choke hold from Randy and the Team ?

Wouldn't details of what is planned help boost The Slasher Backer as so many of us want a single player experience.  I can't wait for the game either way !

More info Ben ? When you say " We have spent several months working on it do you mean it would be ready to go as long as the funds are there ? I'm guessing you can't give out any details of the mode without getting a choke hold from Randy and the Team ?

Planned and Designing are two totally different things. I only wanted to say that as to stop any speculation that the single player experience is completed but waiting for a pay day before it begins.