Sign in to follow this  
CatherineWalk

Being Griefed is NOT FUN

I was attacked once because I had car keys I guess. I didn't know what was going on at first but once I did I fought back. I've now started to jot down names of people who are idiots so if I see them I can avoid them. I will also start to actively friend this community so I have more of a network to play with. I'm not good at all so it's bad enough to be killed by Jason early but then to have a fellow counselor attack well...

I would suggest to anyone looking to find games to play, join one of the Friday the 13th communities on the PS4 under the game icon in the XMB, you can easily search for open sessions and join without having to wait for quickplay. I have come across some great groups this way. You can always add me as well to play, DamCam323 on PSN.

10 minutes ago, DamCam323 said:

I would suggest to anyone looking to find games to play, join one of the Friday the 13th communities on the PS4 under the game icon in the XMB, you can easily search for open sessions and join without having to wait for quickplay. I have come across some great groups this way. You can always add me as well to play, DamCam323 on PSN.

I'll add you later today, I use the community's quite a bit to join sessions but most times they fill up too quick :)

5 hours ago, CatherineWalk said:

Sorry, I'm not buying this "griefers are the victims of dehumanizing nonsense when they are called out" post.  They deserve every bit of it.

Did I call them victims? You're putting words into my mouth. My point wasn't "leave the poor griefers alone." My point was "stop saying blatantly untrue things about other human beings." Dehumanizing people isn't bad because it hurts them, it's bad because it's psychological trap. for everyone. If I said the Nazis were spider mutants from Lorn VI and someone corrected me, I wouldn't say "why are you saying Nazis are victims!?"

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Man said:

If I said the Nazis were spider mutants from Lorn VI and someone corrected me, I wouldn't say "why are you saying Nazis are victims!?"

Well, no - if you thought that Nazis were Spider Mutants from Lorn VI, than I'd imagine you'd probably say - "GAK! Bibblebibblebibble - FUCK YOU TURKEY STICK!" - smear your feces on the wall and than jump out of a window, instead. 

My_Destiny1234 on PS4 just now was running around with Jason and opening doors in cabins to let Jason in to kill other players. I was the first victim; thankfully I spawned in as Tommy Jarvis quickly after and ran over him in the car. Got killed right after but it was worth it.

Find a good group of folks to play a private match with and have the host turn off friendly fire.  It keeps everyone honest! ;)

On 5/31/2017 at 11:11 PM, Tyler659 said:

This sounds so dramatic like a "real life" event.

I believe from the get-go the developers allowed people

to have treasons. I already knew when you could hit someone

from the beta videos and early access streams/videos as well.

The developers even bluntly show this is possible and okay when they

showed a clip that you can run over a counselor. I followed this game and barely

thought this would happen. It is true and fine since it's in the games mechanics for them

to kill you as another counselor. I would say fight back leave them in the dust to survive the best

you can. If you are just fed up, leave the game and search for a new one. Not everyone is gonna be like

this on every quick-play match. You don't really get anything taken away from you than not getting points for

the match you worked hard to escape. Also I would give them what for through the mic, a verbal talking down too.

You can go back and forth and the only thing you can do is mute them and them doing the same back. There have been

thousands of possibly straight men saying, f%ggot to Jason it's crazy lol. I'm a gay men myself, I wouldn't think the dev's would

do anything cause they are just words and they do give you an option to mute. They can hear what you say but not the other way

around.

It's gross what people would say on mic. Most of em trash.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:06 AM, Ker Juice said:

Sorry you had to experience that.  This was one of my biggest fears before the game came out, and I have a feeling we will see more of this type of behavior as the game becomes more stable and popular.  I have been a victim of other counselors selling me out right before I boarded the boat, friends asking Jason to spare them, & players spectating telling Jason my location via party chat or texting.  Then there's my personal favorite- being assigned Jason at the last second while all counselors switched to Vanessa (the game wasn't even 24 hours old when this happened -_-).  Luckily for me I was somewhat prepared for this because I have been watching Youtube videos of this game for the past 3 months or so.  I managed to kill half of them before the game crashed.

But yea, OP- being griefed is not fun at all.

I've been on everyday since launch and it's progressively getting worse as idiots realize they can abuse it.