Hi there! Oftentimes when I'm host, there's negative and toxic players. Some of them are AFKS, and some of them are downright nasty. But all I can do is close the lobby and find another game, which we know takes a few minutes.

So here's my suggestion - let hosts kick. If there needs to be a vote, sure. I understand the need to balance things out. But I'm so sick of having to deal with people in my lobby who are there only to insult me, cause problems in the game, sell locations to Jason, and just be negative towards our experiences in the game.

Thoughts? 

• Like 2

I believe it is more fun to let the griefers play, so that we see "mob-rules justice" when they get ganged-upon by other players.

The only real -material- drawback is that counselors who massacre a fellow counselor, even a notoriously troublesome peer, are penalized -200 CP under the "Betrayer" heading at match's end.

And of course, some people live for such a spectacle. They think along the lines of, "So many people tried to kill me today! I -love- this attention."

But if the options came down to a "vote system" versus a "host insta-bans" for -only- that host, then I choose the host-specific ban lists, rather than a general blacklist of people who might, or might not quite, deserve their reputations as griefers.

Tendentious Tendencies != Necessarily Griefer

Agreed. There's been a few games I've been in where some players are griefers. I was about to radio in Tommy Jarvis and another counselor straight up shot me with the shotgun just so they could radio him in. Another attacked me with a weapon when I was carrying gas to a nearby car and afterwards they left the gas there. And they tend to stick around in the same lobby to keep annoying people. The Hosts sould have the ability to kick these players out if need be, or at least a number vote.

23 minutes ago, SenatorJPO said:

I believe it is more fun to let the griefers play, so that we see "mob-rules justice" when they get ganged-upon by other players.

The only real -material- drawback is that counselors who massacre a fellow counselor, even a notoriously troublesome peer, are penalized -200 CP under the "Betrayer" heading at match's end.

And of course, some people live for such a spectacle. They think along the lines of, "So many people tried to kill me today! I -love- this attention."

But if the options came down to a "vote system" versus a "host insta-bans" for -only- that host, then I choose the host-specific ban lists, rather than a general blacklist of people who might, or might not quite, deserve their reputations as griefers.

Tendentious Tendencies != Necessarily Griefer

I'm not specifically talking about griefers. I'm more talking about toxic assholes who insult others and are just rude. This obviously makes the game so much less fun to play when you're stuck in a lobby with some douche who is harassing you or another person. It's even less fun to play when you gotta close the lobby because of this one guy. I understand muting is a thing, but it's much more effective to just kick a harasser than to mute, or close the lobby. 

17 minutes ago, BinaltechGinrai said:

Agreed. There's been a few games I've been in where some players are griefers. I was about to radio in Tommy Jarvis and another counselor straight up shot me with the shotgun just so they could radio him in. Another attacked me with a weapon when I was carrying gas to a nearby car and afterwards they left the gas there. And they tend to stick around in the same lobby to keep annoying people. The Hosts sould have the ability to kick these players out if need be, or at least a number vote.

Jeez. Some donk players. That Jarvis shotgun betrayal was probably a trophy hunter.

Don't understand what people get out of ruining the game. Griefing doesn't do a thing for me. Must be some desperately sad people out there.

22 minutes ago, adoginspace said:

I'm not specifically talking about griefers. I'm more talking about toxic assholes who insult others and are just rude. This obviously makes the game so much less fun to play when you're stuck in a lobby with some douche who is harassing you or another person. It's even less fun to play when you gotta close the lobby because of this one guy. I understand muting is a thing, but it's much more effective to just kick a harasser than to mute, or close the lobby. 

Aha, not just the people who play disruptively, but also the lounge lizards who just hang-out in the lobby and insult people over the voice service... In another word: loiterers.

It's a shame anyone can loiter in the lobby without playing.

But if the the server were to force lobby-loiterers into a game, such as by automatic assignment after a fixed time of just being in the lobby, then that would convert every negative lobby-dweller into a griefer at some point.

My casual use of the term "griefer" is, therefore, correct.

Nevertheless, I won't bother defending my point any farther (at least not on these boards, maybe on a separate blog) because staff don't like it when I debate the meanings of terms.

-Q.E.D.

I just got off a game where two idiots were helping each other, one guy was doing it for his youtube channel. It was so annoying and boring as after they killed everyone they were just stuffing around for 15 mins. The rest of us would have quit but we wanted the xp/cp, so hanged in through it all but we let rip into them at the end. 

Complete bullshit they would do it in a public match, do that crap in a private match. A booting option would be great in these situations as the only way to get rid of them would be leaving the lobby etc

I wonder if we could start a thread naming and shaming all the idiots we have run into, so at least some could know in advance when they bump into these people online.

The guys gamertag was gtacrazy3, he was talking about uploading it to his youtube channel. Not sure why as it was completely boring. 

This was on PS4 as well. 

I think I'm against a kick option for the host.

I am for a vote kick option, only useable in the lobby. It would work best if you were only able to kick one person every x number of matches. From videos of other games, I see it abused often so it's a slippery slope.

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I am for a vote kick option, only useable in the lobby. It would work best if you were only able to kick one person every x number of matches. From videos of other games, I see it abused often so it's a slippery slope.

Yeah I understand that! I understand some people abuse kicking people in lobbies, so if a vote is necessarily I'm for that.

Well if there's votes then within 10 min of that system starting there will be smart/cautious players getting voted by the not smart/dead players simply because they are not patient enough to see if there would have been survivors or not. If there's host kick then there will be host kick griefers. 

My suggestion is if someone is truly being an ass then give them a beating, and as the op was talking about people just being rude on mic then there is always the mute option.

why are there so many snowflakes crying about pointless stuff on here?

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Didn't read this before my last post - yes if there's any vote system it should definitely be in lobby only, but even then there will be large parties kicking for no real reason. And the person who got kicked probably just spent an hour trying to get a populated lobby in the first place.  How about we ask for working matchmaking and host migration first?

There is a kick option in the lobby when I play as the room host on Xbox. You just have to push the start button on the persons name and kick is in the options list. 

20 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

There is a kick option in the lobby when I play as the room host on Xbox. You just have to push the start button on the persons name and kick is in the options list. 

Good to know. I wonder if it's also in the PS4 version.

@SNaKe_ Please do not double post. I have merged your posts. If you want to add onto your post please use the edit button. 

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

@bewareofbears Should be, the Xbox is the most incomplete version of the three... The PS4 at least got the day 1 patch.  :rolleyes:

This is true.

I've only been the host maybe once and didn't need the option so I didn't look for it.

NOTE: on the playstation four, you cannot kick people from your lobby. you can only mute them. if youre in a party, you can kick members. i dont know why there isnt a kick option for the ps4 when there apparently is for the xbox one :/

For private lobbies yes, but for public no. Its way too easy for that to be abused. If I spend 20mins searching for a lobby to find one and get kicked because I dont want a headache from my headset I'd be pretty upset.

20 hours ago, adoginspace said:

Hi there! Oftentimes when I'm host, there's negative and toxic players. Some of them are AFKS, and some of them are downright nasty. But all I can do is close the lobby and find another game, which we know takes a few minutes.

So here's my suggestion - let hosts kick. If there needs to be a vote, sure. I understand the need to balance things out. But I'm so sick of having to deal with people in my lobby who are there only to insult me, cause problems in the game, sell locations to Jason, and just be negative towards our experiences in the game.

Thoughts? 

you could always mute them. But I agree there should at least be a Vote to kick!