Sign in to follow this  
Mr Yac

Jason at the start of a round suggestions.

These are just a couple small tweaks to the big guy that I really think would make the game more fun (mostly from a councilor perspective). First and foremost Morph should NOT be the first ability he unlocks, it's kind of pointless to have him start off in his cabin if literally the first thing he can (and almost always does) do is teleport right to the cars or one of the main houses and be instantly in the thick of things, I think Morph should be the final ability he unlocks instead of Stalk for just that reason. it's a vital part of his kit no question but it makes far more sense to me to have it an end of round skill to cut off escaping teens near the close of the match not just to zap your way into the middle of a starting group of them.

Along those same lines I feel the kids should have at least a 10-20 second head start before he can leave his house to get themselves situated, get a feel for where they spawned and at the very least find a weapon, however I suppose if the Morph suggestion was used this wouldn't really be an issue as he'd still have to walk his way to the cabins eliminating some of the issues with bad teen spawns leaving them totally screwed right from the start.

His quick start in the rounds is my biggest concern, I know he's supposed to be the one in charge and the kids aren't supposed to stand much of a chance but I think making these minor changes would at least be a bit more sporting.

• Like 1

I would not push Morph to the last ability unlocked. Though I would like to see a delay in its use at the start of the game. Even if it was 30 to 60 seconds before morph would unlock, that would be a big help to the counselors. Nothing sucks more than having Jason on you twenty seconds into the game, you have not established yourself enough to stand much of a chance. Luck plays a big part in the opening 60 seconds if Jason morphs right to you.

Stalk tends to be a very situational ability so to me it would make sense "to me" for that to open first, followed by morph, sense and finally shift. Shift is by far the best of the four abilities and adding a slight delay would help the players out some. 

Just now, Dadpool said:

I would not push Morph to the last ability unlocked. Though I would like to see a delay in its use at the start of the game. Even if it was 30 to 60 seconds before morph would unlock, that would be a big help to the counselors.

i'd be fine with that, like you said the kids just don't have much of a chance at all if within the first 5 seconds Jason is already up their butt because he zapped there first thing.

When people start in a group they think it's okay to dash away at the start this is a mistake for any counselor player. Every single time I start off a match with insta warp it's into a group that is too big running around with key items sometimes by the time I warp there. Following the player with the key items disrupts the game for half the counselors and most players forget that they should be looking for the fuse and police radio too. You can see in their behavior that when the guy holding the battery or gas is targeted they have no plan b and all got spooked enough to be sensed for easy wipe. What I don't see enough on me are smart traps, smart firecrackers and smart musicboxes. The only thing that makes me feel op is using skills right after a kill that's too much. He should have them all on cooldown while mother is talking to him at least.

I have to disagree - I have seen the car get repaired and driven off in about 1 min from start - basically enough time for Jason to grab his cabin knives and maybe he set traps around there or maybe he morphed somewhere, found nothing, and morphed again - he did morph to the car like right when they were starting it  but was never going to be able to stop it as his only ability was on cooldown. 

Yes this probably doesn't happen often and was very lucky for the counsellors to all find the battery gas and keys close to the car 1st thing. People don't seem to realize Jason is op by design and it's not cool when Jason never had a chance.

Also don't forget that the whole scene is supposed to take place right after someone gets murdered in front of all the counsellors - why does the round then start 5 min later? Did Jason have to go home to pee or what? Just saying - it kinda looks like Jason would be starting right "in the thick of things"

I think Morph is a great first move to have, but I wouldn't mind if there was a little bit of a delay on it. Yeah this game is highly based on luck so i hate being that first guy that gets attacked and still have not found anything. I wouldn't mind 20 seconds delay on that first ability.