Holding your breath.

Is this working as intended?

I seem to make a big noise when I try to hold my breath...

Fair enough if I've been holding it to the max amount of time and have to gulp down air... but is this giving players away when it shouldn't?

Ya, the window for it seems odd. You have to do it before you see him for him to not hear it, but then it runs out so fast that by the time he gets to you, you're out of breath. 

I dont even try to use it anymore myself.

It's meant for characters with low composure like Chad. They make whimpering sounds when their fear is spiked so it's supposed to at least not give away to Jason where you're hiding by muting the whimpers. It does run out really fast though. They should make it a little longer so it has more viability.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

It's meant for characters with low composure like Chad. They make whimpering sounds when their fear is spiked so it's supposed to at least not give away to Jason where you're hiding by muting the whimpers. It does run out really fast though. They should make it a little longer so it has more viability.

Hope they could mute that loud ass inhale for Jason though. I know itd be weird to do that. But if holding your breath gives away your position it kinda sucks.

These counselors need some inhalers if they can't hold their breath for more than 30 seconds without gasping like they have just been resuscitated. 

1 minute ago, Ban_All_Music said:

These counselors need some inhalers if they can't hold their breath for more than 30 seconds without gasping like they have just been resuscitated. 

The issue is the fact they are so amped up on adrenaline that slowing down is almost impossible. 

With that yeah, I find the mechanic useless myself.

15 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

The issue is the fact they are so amped up on adrenaline that slowing down is almost impossible. 

With that yeah, I find the mechanic useless myself.

I have used it once. And died immediately. The only successful use of it I have seen wasn't an actual success...someone was fixing something that required Jason's attention, so he left to take care of it. 

To be fair, this is an issue that plagues all games. Someone like Lara Croft can climb a mountain while it is falling apart, but ask her to hold her breath for 30 seconds? Dead.

Agreed, it seems like a way to let Jason know exactly where you're at more than anything else as Jason moves way too slow for that tiny pause in noise making (followed by a huge noise) to be of any practical use.

7 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I have used it once. And died immediately. The only successful use of it I have seen wasn't an actual success...someone was fixing something that required Jason's attention, so he left to take care of it. 

To be fair, this is an issue that plagues all games. Someone like Lara Croft can climb a mountain while it is falling apart, but ask her to hold her breath for 30 seconds? Dead.

:lol: Oh, Lara. 

It worked once for me but there was a condition; the radio was playing.  I forgot which counselor I was using, but some random in the same house I was in turned on the radio- I panicked and froze like: "are you kidding me??"  So I hid under the bed right next to the radio facing the only door to the house.  Jason starts chopping it down, and as soon as he gives it the final blow (as you know it makes a lot of noise), I held my breath.  He then proceeds to "kill" the radio, then turns around and stands for a moment.  At this point my breath meter is near diminished and I am hoping he is getting ready to warp.  I get this gut feeling my meter will expire before he leaves- so in the name of experimentation, I decide not to let my finger off the button.  I figure either two things will happen: the game will force my character to exhale and make that loud gasping sound, or my character will pass out.  If it was the latter, I figured that would be cool to see how that mechanic works.  But to my surprise, if you continue to hold the button down, our characters exhale slowly without making any noise and the air meter fills back up- moving in the opposite direction!  When I was halfway through the "second" meter, Jason indeed teleported and I released the button.  My counselor then gasped.  I have a theory if you hold it until it gets to the end of the second meter, it will force you to gasp- but that's just a theory.  I could be wrong.

I never hold my breath, but I'm always high composure characters like Jenny AJ and Adam.

I just hide and wait for jason to leave.