4 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

Hahaha there go his invites. Hiding is a legit tactic and strategy. It is more harrowing at times to be under that bed with all the lights out and the music starts to play and you KNOW he is near.

Yep.

I hid in the cabinet on the second floor stairwell hallway in Packanack as Jason went back and forth in front of me chasing other counselors. I couldn't Hold My Breath long enough.

I only came out after I was sure everyone else fell asleep. Haha

• Like 2

I think it is a valid strategy, specially considering that if Jason finds you, He'll use Swift, Grab you and you're dead (unless you have a pocket knife, but once he grabs you without a pocket knife it is 100% death chance).

So sometimes the best chance of surviving is not escaping but not being found in the 20min mark.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Yep.

I hid in the cabinet on the second floor stairwell hallway in Packanack as Jason went back and forth in front of me chasing other counselors. I couldn't Hold My Breath long enough.

I only came out after I was sure everyone else fell asleep. Haha

I was only one left, two minutes to survive, he had all his abilities, cops were too far away, cars were gone, so I set a trap in front of a door in case he decided to enter, there were 3-4 beds, I swear to everything, I tried every bed and it was terrifying, hahahaa, I just wanted a bed where I could see the trap in front of the door so i had to look for that prop "shine". Found a good bed at the last second as he hits the door with two axe hits, cue that high pitch shriek sound effect...and he inexplicably just stops and morphs or shifts away or Stalk, I stayed under that bed for that last minute. 

3 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

I was only one left, two minutes to survive, he had all his abilities, cops were too far away, cars were gone, so I set a trap in front of a door in case he decided to enter, there were 3-4 beds, I swear to everything, I tried every bed and it was terrifying, hahahaa, I just wanted a bed where I could see the trap in front of the door so i had to look for that prop "shine". Found a good bed at the last second as he hits the door with two axe hits enter that high pitch shriek sound effect...and he inexplicably just stops and morphs or shifts away or Stalk, I stayed under that bed for that last minute. 

Damn! That had to be movie-like terrifying! Like, what? Where did he go? Does he know where I'm at?

This game gives high quality moments for sure!

• Like 1

Just now, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Damn! That had to be movie-like terrifying! Like, what? Where did he go? Does he know where I'm at?

This game gives high quality moments for sure!

Thankfully I had learned about the Stalk ability and is why I didn't move. I've always wanted an F13 game to make me feel im in one of the movies and that moment alone was worth the $40. I love intensity and that was a rush. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SInful Fox said:

If this happens in a match im in and i get bored i just pm the jason tbh ? I have no problems finding them myselves but if someone does ill gladly help them if they are wasting 15 mins of the partys time hideing in a closet.

If you can wait out the 20 min while moving around trying to find a escape however thats a entirely diffrent story.

So you better remeber fellow counselors generally stop being your fellow counselors as soon as you pull this, i have even sern entire partys gang up and team kill people for this in the following match.

This is crazy. Especially with the outcry from certain players that Jason is too op, or Jason is boring if he only hacks and slashes. As I said in another post, this is a survival game. That means, SURVIVE any way YOU can. Hiding is part of the game. It's literally what more than a few "dead fucks" in the movies tried to do. Most ran. Some stood their ground and fought. Most died no matter what they tried to do. But ratting hiders out is crappy indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SInful Fox said:

If this happens in a match im in and i get bored i just pm the jason tbh ? I have no problems finding them myselves but if someone does ill gladly help them if they are wasting 15 mins of the partys time hideing in a closet.

If you can wait out the 20 min while moving around trying to find a escape however thats a entirely diffrent story.

So you better remeber fellow counselors generally stop being your fellow counselors as soon as you pull this, i have even sern entire partys gang up and team kill people for this in the following match.

This is crazy. Especially with the outcry from certain players that Jason is too op, or Jason is boring if he only hacks and slashes. As I said in another post, this is a survival game. That means, SURVIVE any way YOU can. Hiding is part of the game. It's literally what more than a few "dead fucks" in the movies tried to do. Most ran. Some stood their ground and fought. Most died no matter what they tried to do. But ratting hiders out is crappy indeed.

On 5/31/2017 at 9:39 PM, SInful Fox said:

On 5/31/2017 at 9:39 PM, SInful Fox said:

Sorry for the quadruple post there. It didn't look like my reply was posting. Can an admin delete three of them please? :)

Hiding? Unbelievable. We should all just run around like headless chickens making as much noise as possible. Bollocks to that, I will quite happily hide the whole match if the Jason player is stupid enough not to find me. Hence hiding places being in the game. It would be my strategy in real life too.

1 minute ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Hiding? Unbelievable. We should all just run around like headless chickens making as much noise as possible. Bollocks to that, I will quite happily hide the whole match if the Jason player is stupid enough not to find me. Hence hiding places being in the game. It would be my strategy in real life too.

Yep.

Anyone who is married with kids is probably good at it too.

Ta-Dum-TSK!

Lol calm down ? Not all that worried about invites however, havnt had a complaint yet ?

ps: I get the outrage but before you get to excited, remeber map doesnt open as spectator

*note*  Hiding is probably what I would do if I was in this situation IRL :)

I play AJ and Jenny, so I spend a good amount of time hiding.  I only survived 3 times out of like 20 by hiding.  And those 3, it was mostly moving around and picking new places to hide rather than sitting in one spot.  If the Jason wasn't very good, he'd spend 20 minutes chasing the other people and never seeing me. 

This doesn't really work that often though.  Most players will run to your location when Jason is on them for help.  Other times I got bored and tried to put gas in the boat or something and then got caught lol.

56 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I just watched a stream of some guy saying the game is bad because Jason is OP but i watched him run around with the rocker chick with one of the highest stealth stats for five minutes without not ONCE crouching. His aim was to Usain Bolt that gas can to whatever car he would be lucky to find since he didn't have a map. What a f'en joke. The game isn't bad, you suck at the game. Then he says playing as Jason sucks too. So i can imagine he runs around as Jason blowing all his ability loads at once and then getting upset that "it's frustrating playing as Jason, especially cause he runs so slow". LOL and then says the game is actually good and really creepy if you hide from Jason once in awhile. Umm hello, that is the point of the game. To hide and learn when to be sneaky, risky, daring, and full on stupid, like the characters in the films. If you are an impatient gamer, this is probably not for you. 

9 minutes ago, CatherineWalk said:

*note*  Hiding is probably what I would do if I was in this situation IRL :)

I play AJ and Jenny, so I spend a good amount of time hiding.  I only survived 3 times out of like 20 by hiding.  And those 3, it was mostly moving around and picking new places to hide rather than sitting in one spot.  If the Jason wasn't very good, he'd spend 20 minutes chasing the other people and never seeing me. 

This doesn't really work that often though.  Most players will run to your location when Jason is on them for help.  Other times I got bored and tried to put gas in the boat or something and then got caught lol.

Thats the major downside to AJ, I love her but when Bugzy come running right up to you with jason in tow that stealth dont help much.

Tbh i spend more time running from other players then jason on AJ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SInful Fox said:

Thats the major downside to AJ, I love her but when Bugzy come running right up to you with jason in tow that stealth dont help much.

Tbh i spend more time running from other players then jason on AJ 

OMG i started doing the same thing =)  I even had to leave cabins that I fully trapped since AJ runs so slow that what always happens is Jason catches me before whoever led him to me.

Yeah i have literally spent 10  mins running from a jenny that was running from jason, somehow she never got close enough to pull him onto me and we both survived ?

2 hours ago, ConGamePro said:

Hahaha there go his invites. Hiding is a legit tactic and strategy. It is more harrowing at times to be under that bed with all the lights out and the music starts to play and you KNOW he is near.

Exactly, Ive had some movie quality last minute struggles. It worth the price of admission when either after you survive or after you die, you hear the rest of the team that was either dead or already escape say things like HOLY SHIT, NO WAY, that was close!

Ive watched a few people do that as well after I was already dead/escaped and it was really fun, like a mini movie that Id never seen before...how will it end!?

One match in particular, 2 minute warning had just popped up...the two cabins north of Higgins house, no cops, the car was already gone

I ran between the two, one was the 1 door deathtrap cabin and the other was the double-door cabin split into 3 hallways with beds in the farthest one. I hid in the closet at the back of the 1 door cabin as he came through the door, got stuck in the trap. I guess Jason assumed I ran out the window, so he didnt check the closet and instead went outside, I quickly exited the closet, ran out the now broken door and ran along the front and side of the 2 door cabin dropping firecrackers behind me just as he was shifting towards me, and then leaped through the broken window. I was now in the injured, slow moving state and didnt had a medkit, as he walked back around the front of the cabin. No weapon and didnt want to risk going back out, I slid under the bed 2nd closest to the rear door. I heard him come in, smash a couple walls and stomp around a bit. I heard him smash the closet near the front door. Then I heard the springs go on the first bed. Then the second. Then the third. At this point there was maybe...2 or 3 beds left. Stomp Stomp...Time expired and I got the 'you survived' screen......first breath in a minute. 

• Like 1

I doubt anyone is complaining about if you wait out the last 5 minutes tbh.Doesnt get much more tense then hideing from a jason that know hes running out of time.

As for hideing as you move along looting, I wish more people would do that instead of running around like headless chickens with bugzy or vanessa ?

What people are complaining about are the ones that goes straight for the nearest closet or bed at start and go afk there for the next 20 minutes.

Still easy to find em however, if not its a good time for a smoke break i suppose.

I'd read a lot of the comments on hiding. Most of them were good points. I know given the variety of mindsets of the people playing, everyone isn't gonna feel the same way on everything. You are meant to survive by any means necessary. Just remember, actions have consequences. Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Hiding for the whole 20 minutes is a means of survival, even if people don't like waiting. Those who don't like to wait 20 minutes, usually quit before the match ends, or join another group after the match ends. (I did hide like this only on my first match, as I was learning the controls and such.)

Leading Jason to another counselor so you can hide and live, is another means of survival, likely one that will make some players turn on you in the next match.

Hiding and looting is a good strategy for those who can pull it off. (That's what your high composure is for.)

Saving 1 or more counselors from death by stunning Jason, and then hiding, is not a bad idea either. I do this often when the cops are almost arriving, and I get myself and a couple others to safety. (Played about 100 games, and have done this about 60% of the time.)

Remember, most of what you can do in-game has been seen once or more times in the movies.

I have encountered these players as Jason and also those who run around furniture which is also considered a dick move. I do both as well and I can tell that good Jason will find you and end you. They should git gud instead of complaining about lame tactics. Jason has every tool necessary to counter these strategies (knifes, electricity boxes) .

On one match I just hid the first 3 minutes while other counselors delivered the parts.

It's not a dick move. Some counselors aren't meant to be found (Eric, AJ)

So long as you do not abuse glitches to get on top of things so you can not be killed i think hiding is a good strat.