Good afternoon all.

To me, every match is a learning experience and an opportunity to try different counselor strategies since I'm new to the game (and am terrible at it, I can honestly say).

In previous matches I've attempted to survive but usually die in horrible ways. In a recent quick-play match I wanted to see what would happen if I hid for the entire round. There were a few close calls but I survived. However, I could tell a couple of the players (especially the one who played Jason) were not happy I did this. I can understand why they felt this way so my apologies if what I did was considered trolling. That was not my intent.

That being said, it does bring up an interesting point so I'd like to hear from other players --both new and experienced -- if you consider hiding for the entire round an acceptable strategy or if you consider it unsportsmanlike.

Many thanks for your feedback!

Tell the unhappy to kick rocks. It's a perfect strategy for high composure and know how. Survival is the key. You decide on the best course. You do not need to feel as though you have to run and die to make those who ran and died "less bored".

• Like 8

Exactly, the name of the game is survive by any means, and I currently have 13 survive the night victories, granted that 2 of them were because of Jason quits/disconnects.

It seems some people get so pissy about hiding, I had some asshole come after me the next match with an axe (this asshole was not wearing a mask, to clarify) and then stole the boat I was repairing because I survived the previous match for about 5 minutes alone by a combination of hopping cabins, weapons and hiding. 

• Like 1

There have been a few matches where I'm the last one alive car has gone I don't know where the parts are for the other one. Dam right I will hide to survive don't listen to anybody who says diffrent imho

You are there to survive if Jason can't find you then you survive 

• Like 2

I agree, you play the game how you want.

If this were real life, you bet your ass people would be hiding or escaping using any means necessary.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RainFire said:

If this were real life, you bet your ass people would be hiding or escaping using any means necessary.

LOL - now I want to see a match where all the counselors hide. :lol:

• Like 1

Just hideing is a waste of everyones time, and you dont get rewarded extra for it. Its a dick move unless you are close to the end timer and I doubt you are enjoying the game all that much yourself that way.

But if winning is all that mathers to you, go right ahead, I prefer having fun and taking risks.

That said to me it doesn't really, many have tried it on me, all have failed.

• Like 1

Hiding in one spot for the entire match... I honestly don't understand it, are you having fun hiding under a bed the whole game? You mind aswell go afk aswell. Sorry if I sound like a dick but i've had some people do that for entire games and it's very lame to wait like 12 minutes extra because some asshole is afking under a bed. Sure hiding for 3-5 minutes during the end of the game, I have no problems with that, but hiding in the same spot for the entire match? Realise that not everyone thinks it's very fun spectating someone hiding in a closet.

Honestly if the Jason can't find you then you've done a good job and deserve a pat on the head.

It might sound easy to just hide in one spot and vanish like a shadow ,but Jason's mere presence can make many counselors go OMAOGAOGHAGO and announce their presence EVEN THROUGH WALLS.  LIKE A BUNCH OF WIDGETS.

Mm widgets...

It doesn't bother me if people take this approach.  For me personally, I would get really bored with the hiding approach for the entire match but everyone has a different way of playing.  Plus, I imagine many people are just starting and might not know what to do yet so hiding is the best option for them.  I've seen people hide in tents for almost the entire match and it was kind of funny to watch them realize they were the last one alive. I'd prefer someone take the hiding approach versus the attacking all the counselors route as a counselor.

29 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

Just hideing is a waste of everyones time, and you dont get rewarded extra for it. Its a dick move unless you are close to the end timer and I doubt you are enjoying the game all that much yourself that way.

But if winning is all that mathers to you, go right ahead, I prefer having fun and taking risks.

As long as we're sharing our personal subjective thoughts and feelings I've always been fond of the color blue.

Yeah if I pick a high composure player, find myself a closet and then leave to go make a sandwich then I'm not really playing the game, but if you're Jason, you're not going away, and you're not smart enough find me then I ain't coming out.

You make a fair point but there are ways of making even composed hiders start to freak out enough git got.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Asmodai said:

Hiding in one spot for the entire match... I honestly don't understand it, are you having fun hiding under a bed the whole game? You mind aswell go afk aswell. Sorry if I sound like a dick but i've had some people do that for entire games and it's very lame to wait like 12 minutes extra because some asshole is afking under a bed. Sure hiding for 3-5 minutes during the end of the game, I have no problems with that, but hiding in the same spot for the entire match? Realise that not everyone thinks it's very fun spectating someone hiding in a closet.

Yeah that's the problem with it because you are stuck waiting sometimes 12 minutes doing nothing while a player just hides idle. If I am the last alive and have no hope, I just go out swinging and see what happens.  This game really doesn't have some personal stat that you need to meet to play so not sure why people are so concerned with dying.

5 minutes ago, WithTeeth2Hurt said:

Yeah that's the problem with it because you are stuck waiting sometimes 12 minutes doing nothing while a player just hides idle. If I am the last alive and have no hope, I just go out swinging and see what happens.  This game really doesn't have some personal stat that you need to meet to play so not sure why people are so concerned with dying.

I almost kind of wish the game had an "Arcade" mode while you're waiting.

So you can open up a small little window where you play some 1980 level arcade type games while you wait for the game to finish.  And if you do good you could even net extra experience points.

1 minute ago, ArlanKels said:

I almost kind of wish the game had an "Arcade" mode while you're waiting.

So you can open up a small little window where you play some 1980 level arcade type games while you wait for the game to finish.  And if you do good you could even net extra experience points.

How about the 8-bit Nintendo Friday the 13th game? ;)

• Like 1

Hiding in one spot the whole match is just boring and would be annoying for others waiting if they died early but if it is near the end of the game and there is only a few counselors left it is fine.

Goddamn, people will whine about anything in this game, won't they?

If I choose to hide the whole game, that is my freaking prerogative, and if anyone doesn't like it they can feel free to suckle upon my bare testes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

Exactly, the name of the game is survive by any means, and I currently have 13 survive the night victories, granted that 2 of them were because of Jason quits/disconnects.

It seems some people get so pissy about hiding, I had some asshole come after me the next match with an axe (this asshole was not wearing a mask, to clarify) and then stole the boat I was repairing because I survived the previous match for about 5 minutes alone by a combination of hopping cabins, weapons and hiding. 

:lol: Yea, that is taking it a little too far. 

It's not trolling to hide the whole round. But the downside is you miss out on the XP for being active.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:05 PM, SInful Fox said:

Absolutely incorrect. Number one, the longer it takes before Jason makes a kill the more counselors are likely to survive by virtue of the time limit. Number two, your time in game is of no ones concern. If you are in a rush then you can choose to die and move on. There is zero reason for anyone to put your attention span as priority. Suggesting that their attempt at survival is a dick move, is a dick move. Respectfully.

• Like 1

If this happens in a match im in and i get bored i just pm the jason tbh ? I have no problems finding them myselves but if someone does ill gladly help them if they are wasting 15 mins of the partys time hideing in a closet.

If you can wait out the 20 min while moving around trying to find a escape however thats a entirely diffrent story.

So you better remeber fellow counselors generally stop being your fellow counselors as soon as you pull this, i have even sern entire partys gang up and team kill people for this in the following match.

44 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

If this happens in a match im in and i get bored i just pm the jason tbh ? I have no problems finding them myselves but if someone does ill gladly help them if they are wasting 15 mins of the partys time hideing in a closet.

If you can wait out the 20 min while moving around trying to find a escape however thats a entirely diffrent story.

So you better remeber fellow counselors generally stop being your fellow counselors as soon as you pull this, i have even sern entire partys gang up and team kill people for this in the following match.

You'd sabotage another player's game because you'd rather not be bored?  Good to know.

• Like 4

Never did, never had any reason to they always get found.

That said, if you are afking under a bed for 15 mins then you wernt actually playing in the first place ?

52 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

Wow. Because you screwed up and got killed and another counselor was too smart to die (yet), you'd punish them by cheating their location to Jason?

Haha.

I'm sure private invites are blowing up your message box.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

Never did, never had any reason to they always get found.

That said, if you are afking under a bed for 15 mins then you wernt actually playing in the first place ?

No worries. I'm just mystified you would take it upon yourself to scuttle someone else's game because it doesn't fit into the way you think it should be played.

There's a saying: "If it's stupid but it works then it's not stupid."  ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CastilloRA said:

You'd sabotage another player's game because you'd rather not be bored?  Good to know.

Hahaha there go his invites. Hiding is a legit tactic and strategy. It is more harrowing at times to be under that bed with all the lights out and the music starts to play and you KNOW he is near.

• Like 3