GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

The only thing that I am bothered by is there is no identifying trait for Savini backers vs. Skin leak exploiters. I get annoyed when I'm in a lobby and someone asks "where did that guy get that fire eye Jason!" And before I can plug in my mic to reply someone is saying "it was on sale for a while. He must have gotten it while it was limited" etc. Most gamers are clueless about the kickstarter origins of the project or Savini Jason's history, etc. It was initially a little badge of pride and a symbol showing "those who have this have been with the project for a long time... and helped make it happen." Now I'm explaining that I was a KS backer, who got the skin legit and didn't get lucky cause of a store mistake. 

Before I used to see another player with Savini Jason in a lobby and immediately know I was amongst another KS backer. Now so many players have him I just assume they got it after the fact and don't even ask. I can't really see how hard it would be to update the skin slightly and/or remove him completely and then simply require legit backerkit users to reclaim him via an email link, etc. If a skin was in violation of some kind of copyright it would be pulled down immediately and any playstation store refunds would have to be worked out. 

What about giving the official backers who bought the skin different weapon choices/options of flame colors? Maybe ask Tom if he would be willing to make an alternate/update his design and let those who added on via backerkit have exclusive access to 'that' V2 version... and just make the regular Savini open to all players who want to buy it. 

Either way, something truly exclusive should be offered to backerkit original buyers who thought they would have something special and exclusive when playing. 

Those are my thoughts. Ultimately I don't mind if it's available for everyone. It just seems odd to allow SOME who exploited store glitches to keep it. Now it's not exclusive to backers... but other players can't have him either. If it's going to be kept open to the store sales players... just let everyone have him. It's all or nothing. Say like 10,000 backers had him from the backerkit. So if 5000 or 50,000 extra people got him that weren't backers ... it's not exclusive anymore... so let everyone in on it. Unless 99% of the store sold versions are removed I really don't feel like it is exclusive anymore. I'd rather just let everyone enjoy him. 

My .02cents.

10 hours ago, Wunder|rednuW said:

It just seems odd to allow SOME who exploited store glitches to keep it.

Preach.

To a dead choir,unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, Wunder|rednuW said:

The only thing that I am bothered by is there is no identifying trait for Savini backers vs. Skin leak exploiters. I get annoyed when I'm in a lobby and someone asks "where did that guy get that fire eye Jason!" And before I can plug in my mic to reply someone is saying "it was on sale for a while. He must have gotten it while it was limited" etc. Most gamers are clueless about the kickstarter origins of the project or Savini Jason's history, etc. It was initially a little badge of pride and a symbol showing "those who have this have been with the project for a long time... and helped make it happen." Now I'm explaining that I was a KS backer, who got the skin legit and didn't get lucky cause of a store mistake. 

Before I used to see another player with Savini Jason in a lobby and immediately know I was amongst another KS backer. Now so many players have him I just assume they got it after the fact and don't even ask. I can't really see how hard it would be to update the skin slightly and/or remove him completely and then simply require legit backerkit users to reclaim him via an email link, etc. If a skin was in violation of some kind of copyright it would be pulled down immediately and any playstation store refunds would have to be worked out. 

What about giving the official backers who bought the skin different weapon choices/options of flame colors? Maybe ask Tom if he would be willing to make an alternate/update his design and let those who added on via backerkit have exclusive access to 'that' V2 version... and just make the regular Savini open to all players who want to buy it. 

Either way, something truly exclusive should be offered to backerkit original buyers who thought they would have something special and exclusive when playing. 

Those are my thoughts. Ultimately I don't mind if it's available for everyone. It just seems odd to allow SOME who exploited store glitches to keep it. Now it's not exclusive to backers... but other players can't have him either. If it's going to be kept open to the store sales players... just let everyone have him. It's all or nothing. Say like 10,000 backers had him from the backerkit. So if 5000 or 50,000 extra people got him that weren't backers ... it's not exclusive anymore... so let everyone in on it. Unless 99% of the store sold versions are removed I really don't feel like it is exclusive anymore. I'd rather just let everyone enjoy him. 

My .02cents.

I understand your points, and I don't disagree, save this... on the pc it is entirely different. There was no leak on Steam. And the Savini skin remains how it was intended (mostly - besides people selling off the codes, I suppose).

I do wonder if, perhaps, down the road, when maybe they have a little more time and the game (and all things behind the scenes) is truly running as smoothly as they'd like, they could do something to make the true backer Savini Jasons different, compared to the others. It wouldn't be unreasonable to revisit it eventually, but, right now, I don't think it is worth the time or the resources. 

Plus, no matter what you do, you're going to have some people unhappy. What if the backer doesn't like the variant changed for them? And, then, there's still the annoying aspect of the Store's agreement with the developers, and it's probably just a win-less situation, unfortunately.

An alternate skin version of Savini Jason for purchase would be so great kinda like gears of war 3 did with beta characters later on.

• Like 1

So funny this all went hush hush and i just checked my 5 other accounts still have the xbox savini skin for free so clearly they are not doing a thing.

I don't see why there aren't more custom Jason skins. Savini Jason proves that they would be very popular.

I'll actually be surprised if there's no 'Roy Burns' Jason skin (for all or unspecified Jasons) once the Paranoia mode comes out.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:57 AM, Wunder|rednuW said:

It just seems odd to allow SOME who exploited store glitches to keep it.

Thought this issue died long ago. It's why they unpinned it.

Microsoft and Sony released the skin on the store. Free on Xbox One and $6 on PS4.

Console players that downloaded it for free on Xbox One or paid on PS4 did not use an exploit to download it. It was a legit download.

No one I know had Savini Jason removed the got it from the store.

There was an exploit that was being sold on Ebay.

Some players used an exploit that allowed them to get Savini Jason without owning the DLC on their account.

Gamesharing is one method. Another was downloading the account from someone that owned Savini Jason. Then removing the account after getting the Savini DLC.

Players that reported having Savini Jason removed used an expolit to download him that was patched.

The players that got the download from the store did not have him removed. It was a legit download. Not an exploit. Microsoft and Sonys fault for the mistake.

The skin can't be purchased or downloaded for free anymore. It will never be available for sale. Developer apologized. Nothing further will be done about Savini Jason.

More important issues to work on. Fix the bugs and performance of the game before we worry about more DLC.

• Like 1

Kodiak implied Savinis may be given away as part of the upcoming challenges.

Whether he's got the inside track as a mod, or is speaking with the same authority as the unreliable Twitter feed, who knows?

They arent botherd the backers did there job now were not important now

22 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Whether he's got the inside track as a mod, or is speaking with the same authority as the unreliable Twitter feed, who knows?

New Jason skins for completing single player challenges would be a great idea. New weapon kills too.

Allow them to be used for single player and multiplayer after you unlock them. ? 

Hitman rewards the player by giving you access to new weapons, outfits and new starting locations. I have a Santa Clause outfit unlocked. :lol:

46 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

If I remember correctly he said he had no information on it, it was just something he thinks COULD happen. Am I Right @Kodiak?

23 minutes ago, Truth said:

If I remember correctly he said he had no information on it, it was just something he thinks COULD happen. Am I Right @Kodiak?

As a mod, who would have been fully aware of the stickied NO MORE SAVINIS EVER post, and all the arguments it created, I can't help but believe has some inkling.

Otherwise, it's a really irresponsible statement from someone official who should know better than to encourage futile speculation like that, which seems less likely to me.

I do believe something should be done about Savini Jason, since Microsoft and Sony dropped the ball and let most people obtain it. On top of that all the people selling it on eBay. Its kinda lost its magic now, and I don't even mess with using him anymore. This point in time, a new Jason should be given to backers, and Savini is just some future DLC.

Sad, when a special version of a skin, that was "suppose" to be limited, is exploit. A few days ago I was in a lobby that had all Savini's and here I am running around with part 9 lol. Looked at some of these peoples levels and 2 to 3 of them were under level 9 hahaha.

41 minutes ago, Thad Kerrington said:

I do believe something should be done about Savini Jason, since Microsoft and Sony dropped the ball and let most people obtain it. On top of that all the people selling it on eBay. Its kinda lost its magic now, and I don't even mess with using him anymore. This point in time, a new Jason should be given to backers, and Savini is just some future DLC.

Sad, when a special version of a skin, that was "suppose" to be limited, is exploit. A few days ago I was in a lobby that had all Savini's and here I am running around with part 9 lol. Looked at some of these peoples levels and 2 to 3 of them were under level 9 hahaha.

You can be any level and have Savini Jason, I was level one when I first used him.

Just now, Anonymous said:

You can be any level and have Savini Jason, I was level one when I first used him.

Yeah I know that....but most people that backed the game to get Savini Jason, has probably had more than enough time to be in the 15 to 20s by now. I'm taking about just the other week ago. Most low levels that have him now have game shared to get it....so its lost its creditability now. 

Just now, Thad Kerrington said:

Yeah I know that....but most people that backed the game to get Savini Jason, has probably had more than enough time to be in the 15 to 20s by now. I'm taking about just the other week ago. Most low levels that have him now have game shared to get it....so its lost its creditability now. 

They also could be using steam family share, I did that and some stupid kid said I was a hacker because I was level one and using Savini Jason, I believe PS4 has some version of family share also.

6 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

They also could be using steam family share, I did that and some stupid kid said I was a hacker because I was level one and using Savini Jason, I believe PS4 has some version of family share also.

It was free on Xbox store for a few hours, $6.99 on PS store for a few hours, and since then people have been sharing on other accounts to people for money/free cause they are friends/etc.

Just now, Thad Kerrington said:

It was free on Xbox store for a few hours, $6.99 on PS store for a few hours, and since then people have been sharing on other accounts to people for money/free cause they are friends/etc.

I wish I could have got Savini Jason on xbox when it was sold.

Just how bad is the Savini leak situation on consoles? No such leaks have occurred on PC so I often go entire days without seeing a single Savini in a lobby.

I started switching back to savini just because everyone is using j8 now.  More often than not, I'll be the only one who has him on.  But, the downside is everyone in quick play still thinks he is OP.  They think it is cheating using him.  Then, if I spawn as a counselor without ever playing as Jason, they tunnel the shit out of me which I am absolutely fine with.  Gives more time to others to not accomplish anything.   It is funny.  

13 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

As a mod, who would have been fully aware of the stickied NO MORE SAVINIS EVER post, and all the arguments it created, I can't help but believe has some inkling.

Otherwise, it's a really irresponsible statement from someone official who should know better than to encourage futile speculation like that, which seems less likely to me.

@Truth you are indeed right.

And @ZooMalfunction, I am aware of that thread - I've moderated content on it many times. I have no information about any upcoming events, the only thing I'm saying is that there are potentially still ways to win Savini Jason if someone does a giveaway. Key word is someone, I have no idea who or when. It is a possibility, nothing more.

It's not an irresponsible statement at all; twisting my words and choosing to believe something that may or may not happen and then saying I'm irresponsible is not a fault of mine; that's you over-analysing it. I'm not encouraging anything, I'm saying keep your eyes open and perhaps you'll find a way to win one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I started switching back to savini just because everyone is using j8 now.  More often than not, I'll be the only one who has him on.  But, the downside is everyone in quick play still thinks he is OP.  They think it is cheating using him.  Then, if I spawn as a counselor without ever playing as Jason, they tunnel the shit out of me which I am absolutely fine with.  Gives more time to others to not accomplish anything.   It is funny.  

they finally need to fix the leaver problem. i would like to play against savini properly for once. just one effin time. but no, there is always at least two people going like "f savini, i am out" at match start.

get things going gun. follow your own code of conduct and finally hand out softbans for leavers.

The fact that this thread has 66 (sixtysix!) pages is a sign of hour times. We can't accept the fact that we are not able to get something. Just let it go. Let Savini to people that have backed the game we can survive that and enjoy the game with all the other 7 Jasons (and more arriving). 
I've seen people crying asking for access to accounts who has them to use it at least once. I think that is a bit sick. 

1 hour ago, Hancove said:

The fact that this thread has 66 (sixtysix!) pages is a sign of hour times. We can't accept the fact that we are not able to get something. Just let it go. Let Savini to people that have backed the game we can survive that and enjoy the game with all the other 7 Jasons (and more arriving). 
I've seen people crying asking for access to accounts who has them to use it at least once. I think that is a bit sick. 

Sign of our times? A bit sick? No need to be so dramatic. Most people got over it a long time ago. There will always be new people that come in, discover him, and want him.

18 hours ago, Thad Kerrington said:

Actually, it was on the Microsoft store, not Xbox.  And it was up literally since the game's release, somebody just discovered it was there the day everybody was downloading it.  And once the post went up alerting people to its presence, it was there for at LEAST 12 hours before they managed to pull it.

3 hours ago, Hancove said:

Actually, most of this thread is less people complaining they don't have it, and more backers complaining about all of the people who DO.

• Like 2