GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

6 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Then what the hells the problem here? They made more money than expected on release. That should go to hire new staff and buy more servers. As well as make new dlc for everyone.

It's probably a principal thing. I know I don't want it anymore (unless they did sell it then I'd buy it to support the team).

As for new DLC, I really hope they do. I'd buy any DLC they released to help this game out. Plus, it would make even more fun then it is.

Just now, Jason Lives said:

It's probably a principal thing. I know I don't want it anymore (unless they did sell it then I'd buy it to support the team).

As for new DLC, I really hope they do. I'd buy any DLC they released to help this game out. Plus, it would make even more fun then it is.

I didn't quote your statement earlier, but I agree with it. If I missed the skin I would be saying exactly the same thing as you.

I'll purchase all dlc I see for this game as long as it's reasonably priced. Just to support the devs and try to keep enough revenue going to support the game.

But we need more maps before anything else. But maps must be free.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I didn't quote your statement earlier, but I agree with it. If I missed the skin I would be saying exactly the same thing as you.

I'll purchase all dlc I see for this game as long as it's reasonably priced. Just to support the devs and try to keep enough revenue going to support the game.

But we need more maps before anything else. But maps must be free.

I would pay for maps if they charged, because I want to help out, but I think they should be free as well. Anything else should be in paid DLC packs and I'd buy them all.

People want things more when they're told they can't have them. After I saw him, I didn't want him as much as I thought I did, it's just not being able to have him. :P 

can someone tell me what the minimum was needed to get the Savini Skin? I am a backer as of 10/15  but never received code.

3 hours ago, psychose7en said:

can someone tell me what the minimum was needed to get the Savini Skin? I am a backer as of 10/15  but never received code.

I think it was $9 for the skin and $6 for the counsler outfits.

45 minutes ago, mrdiamond666 said:

I think it was $9 for the skin and $6 for the counsler outfits.

You got your numbers backward. It was $6 for the skin, and $9 for the outfits. 

12 hours ago, Jason Lives said:

My only question is why was March decided on as the final date? If the game came out in May, why not the end of April? I found out in April I missed my chance and would have bought both the counselor pack and Savini Jason in April had I had the chance. Now I'm not someone who's gonna bitch and complain, because I love this game and can't wait for you to release future DLC (at least I hope you will :)). I just think it should have stayed a Kickstater tier or been on Backer until the last month before release. I think more people would understand if it was never sold for $6 at all or the ending period to buy him was closer to release. I've made my peace with it and I'm loving this game. Keep up the great work.

This is my issue with this whole Savini skin too.   I am a huge Friday the 13th fan, and I love this game..... but I NEVER heard about this game until last month.  I have a life. I have a job.  Why the hell does Gun Media think I should have known about it just because they sent twitters and facebook posts?  

The only reason I even found out about this game is because I was playing Grand Theft Auto Online last month.... and I was in a party chat with some friends doing the Pacific Standard Heists....... and one of them mentioned this game was coming out in a couple of weeks and they were psyched for it and they wanted me to play with them in their party.     As soon as he said that, I put my PS4 controller down, grabbed my Samsung tablet, and looked this game up.  Immediately was like, heck yeah!!!   And here I am.

90% of my Friends list on PS4 didn't even know this game existed last week when I launched it for the first time on PS4.   One of them asked me where they could buy it. I convinced 3 friends of mine to buy it, based simply on a cool screenshot I took of Jason choking a counselor.

Why on earth I will never be able to use the Savini skin simply because I didn't know about this game.....   it's not like Gun Media = BioWare or Blizzard or something.... they are a small upstart indie company making their first game. Some people found out about it, most people didn't.  

I don't see what would be so terrible about selling the Skin for a lot more than $6 dollars.   The backers bought it for $6...... so sell it for $20 or something.   The backers still got a deal......   I really don't understand this desire to feel special for having a toy that others can't play with. 

58 minutes ago, LordIsMyShepherd said:

This is my issue with this whole Savini skin too.   I am a huge Friday the 13th fan, and I love this game..... but I NEVER heard about this game until last month.  I have a life. I have a job.  Why the hell does Gun Media think I should have known about it just because they sent twitters and facebook posts?  

The only reason I even found out about this game is because I was playing Grand Theft Auto Online last month.... and I was in a party chat with some friends doing the Pacific Standard Heists....... and one of them mentioned this game was coming out in a couple of weeks and they were psyched for it and they wanted me to play with them in their party.     As soon as he said that, I put my PS4 controller down, grabbed my Samsung tablet, and looked this game up.  Immediately was like, heck yeah!!!   And here I am.

90% of my Friends list on PS4 didn't even know this game existed last week when I launched it for the first time on PS4.   One of them asked me where they could buy it. I convinced 3 friends of mine to buy it, based simply on a cool screenshot I took of Jason choking a counselor.

Why on earth I will never be able to use the Savini skin simply because I didn't know about this game.....   it's not like Gun Media = BioWare or Blizzard or something.... they are a small upstart indie company making their first game. Some people found out about it, most people didn't.  

I don't see what would be so terrible about selling the Skin for a lot more than $6 dollars.   The backers bought it for $6...... so sell it for $20 or something.   The backers still got a deal......   I really don't understand this desire to feel special for having a toy that others can't play with. 

Because not everything in life is fair. The Savini ship sailed and is not coming back.

• Like 4

ps4 patch so i can get my backer reward please....

The savini skin should stay exclusive as the backers made this game happen.

But

The people who have paid for this game and have tried to play it in this launch week deserve so much more. what a mess of a launch - every match i play matchmaking takes at least 20min. Most of those games I go on to play i get kicked from.

I hope gun media realise they only have 1 game mode.

• Like 2

As someone that was a Kickstarter of this game I have no problems if you were to sell them as DLC.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, carnage4u said:

As someone that was a Kickstarter of this game I have no problems if you were to sell them as DLC.

You sir are a shining example of how this fanbase should be. 

• Like 3

I don't really care if they ever sell the DLC later.

What I do care about is when the hell will the PS4 even ****ing get it!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

I don't really care if they ever sell the DLC later.

What I do care about is when the hell will the PS4 even ****ing get it!

Yeah, this is where I'm at, it's getting kind of ridiculous, we have no real word on when we can actually expect our dlc codes to work, we supported this game, we paid money for the skin, and we can't download the dlc that we paid for, nor even get a straight answer about when we can expect it.

Im so tired of people whining about not being able to get him. I bought it sight unseen because I didnt want to not have it later. It was clear it was an exclusive.  I dont even use it. I prefer running Jasons. But to those who didnt buy it when they had the chance .... the whining is becoming insane.  You arent missing the end all be all of Jasons. 

• Like 1

I am sure there will be other awesome skins as dlc to download in the future. Sky is the limit with what you can come up with for Jason models.

I would love to see a Jason model engulfed in shadow-mist.

7 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Im so tired of people whining about not being able to get him. I bought it sight unseen because I didnt want to not have it later. It was clear it was an exclusive.  I dont even use it. I prefer running Jasons. But to those who didnt buy it when they had the chance .... the whining is becoming insane.  You arent missing the end all be all of Jasons. 

Not everyone knew about him way back in the day.

I agree he isn't the be all end all. He's pretty similar to Part 7 and JGTH in appearance and I hear people say he doesn't play that great. 

1 hour ago, Jason Lives said:

Not everyone knew about him way back in the day.

I agree he isn't the be all end all. He's pretty similar to Part 7 and JGTH in appearance and I hear people say he doesn't play that great

As a Savini Jason owner who's used him exclusively since having him, I gotta say that I disagree with the opinion of whoever said that. Granted, not everyone will say he plays great, but I've managed to 7/7 so many counsellors as Savini Jason. Nobody can hide from him, people have a tough time fighting him with melee combat and he's very tough to run from. He's strong, but not so strong that every other Jason is obsolete. He just caters to my playstyle :)

I feel the pain of all those players who didn't get him but wanted him, and it does suck that some players didn't find out about the game prior to launch. I wish that everyone could at least have a match each to have a go of him, but I have to stand firm with regards to his exclusivity. There is this thing in the gaming world these days where nothing should be exclusive because people who don't get it can't have it. I however think that it's not a good idea. Exclusivity is a way for players to show off their rewards. It grants people a feeling of being special, and that feeling is great. It might be a bit selfish going around showing off stuff other people can't have, but not everything has to be for everyone. People complain all the time when they can't have what they want, and developers cave to it far too often. It's about time someone put their foot down and said "no. We said exclusive, we mean exclusive"; it shows integrity and keeps exclusive things special.

When will the PS4 Savini DLC codes be mailed out? At the same time, when the PS4 patch gets released?

I'm also wondering when I will receive the following things:
* Kickstarter Exclusive in-game Counselor Clothing Packs 
* Digital Art Book featuring concept art from the game's creators 
* Digital Wallpaper Pack 1 & 2

10 hours ago, psychose7en said:

I am sure there will be other awesome skins as dlc to download in the future. Sky is the limit with what you can come up with for Jason models.

I don't think we will ever see any other "fantasy" Jason. Just doesn't fit. So there is a limit.

16 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Same. Can't be assed with it. Hate how he looks so dont use him. Also, I dont like the way other people who have him brag about it. 

7 hours ago, Kodiak said:

As a Savini Jason owner who's used him exclusively since having him, I gotta say that I disagree with the opinion of whoever said that. Granted, not everyone will say he plays great, but I've managed to 7/7 so many counsellors as Savini Jason. Nobody can hide from him, people have a tough time fighting him with melee combat and he's very tough to run from. He's strong, but not so strong that every other Jason is obsolete. He just caters to my playstyle :)

I feel the pain of all those players who didn't get him but wanted him, and it does suck that some players didn't find out about the game prior to launch. I wish that everyone could at least have a match each to have a go of him, but I have to stand firm with regards to his exclusivity. There is this thing in the gaming world these days where nothing should be exclusive because people who don't get it can't have it. I however think that it's not a good idea. Exclusivity is a way for players to show off their rewards. It grants people a feeling of being special, and that feeling is great. It might be a bit selfish going around showing off stuff other people can't have, but not everything has to be for everyone. People complain all the time when they can't have what they want, and developers cave to it far too often. It's about time someone put their foot down and said "no. We said exclusive, we mean exclusive"; it shows integrity and keeps exclusive things special.

You're exactly the type of person I'm on about in my previous post. All "look at me, look at me!!!!".

3 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

You're exactly the type of person I'm on about in my previous post. All "look at me, look at me!!!!".

Tbh, he did voice his opinion politely and as much as i disagree with him, i respect that. Give him some credit from that :)