GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

When this happened on ps4 they were on on Twitter two minutes later saying this is an accident and blah blah blah but they haven't said anything about this. That's why I think this was on purpose to kiss Xbox player's ass for the month long wait for a patch. Ok you want to give them a double xp weekend ok cool I understand that but I paid more backing the game just for the skin then I do for my car payment cuz I was PROMISED this would be exclusive. And I don't care that I play I ps4 and this happened on Xbox.  it's about honesty and integrity to me.

16 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Oh yeah. Was watching a live stream and everyone has Savini 

Everyone's got this whole thing wrong. It's a cross promotion:

"We here at Kingsford are proud to bring you the Savini Charcoal Jason! Remember to stock up on our faster lighting, longer burning briquettes before your next trip to the lake! Why settle for a regular Jason when you can "BE THE CAMPFIRE!" This Summer, our charcoal is HOTTER THAN HELL!

Edited by Bigfoot
Afterthought
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blackfyre1983 said:

When this happened on ps4 they were on on Twitter two minutes later saying this is an accident and blah blah blah but they haven't said anything about this. That's why I think this was on purpose to kiss Xbox player's ass for the month long wait for a patch. Ok you want to give them a double xp weekend ok cool I understand that but I paid more backing the game just for the skin then I do for my car payment cuz I was PROMISED this would be exclusive. And I don't care that I play I ps4 and this happened on Xbox.  it's about honesty and integrity to me.

It's been available for at least 17 hours now. With no real comment or statement, it's definitely feels like it's on purpose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

It's been available for at least 17 hours now. With no real comment or statement, it's definitely feels like it's on purpose.

I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it definitely is starting to feel like it.

But I did see a quote from someone at illfonic on discord (I think joseph?)When asked about the skin he said

"don't know. Trying to get Microsoft to take it down"

But that's all I've seen.

9 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Everyone's got this whole thing wrong. It's a cross promotion:

"We here at Kingsford are proud to bring you the Savini Charcoal Jason! Remember to stock up on our faster lighting, longer burning briquettes before your next trip to the lake! Why settle for a regular Jason when you can "BE THE CAMPFIRE!" This Summer, our charcoal is HOTTER THAN HELL!

If this was true then why isn't PS4 and PC ain't got this hot deal xD 

• Like 2

"exclusive" . Just wait for the steam leak next week. These guys are so full of shit. I feel bad for the people waiting on physical stuff.

22 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it definitely is starting to feel like it.

But I did see a quote from someone at illfonic on discord (I think joseph?)When asked about the skin he said

"don't know. Trying to get Microsoft to take it down"

But that's all I've seen.

At this point just put it out. It's already out and everyone and their future kids have it. 

Well it's official

We aren't gonna find anything out lol 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

At this point just put it out. It's already out and everyone and their future kids have it. 

Well it's official

*Raises hand* Hey I don't have Savini yet.

We'll see them respond to this in about 4,720 years. 

Would like but I ran out. Who thought that only giving ten likes for each of us was a good idea?

Just checked and It is not available for download anymore, on the store it is now classed as a bundled only option.

I assume since it has been stopped I can post the links to show those that are concerned.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/store/p/tom-savini-designed-jason-voorhees/c2q15sr4f1z9?rtc=1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/tom-savini-designed-jason-voorhees/c2q15sr4f1z9

29 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well it's official

Yeah. That's pretty irritating.

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I hope they don't expect us to just be okay with this. It's gonna need more than an apology.

Yup. I know some people who picked up the skin. If they still have it after a reasonable time has passed, I'll either need something to make up for the bullshit or I'll be seeking a refund. 

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

How hard is it to just keep your word?

Tired of the little guy excuses and it "wasn't our fault"-type lines. Get your shit together guys. Does Gun's word mean anything anymore? 

Hard. That is why it's so important to do it. 

Same. At any rate Gun is going to have to pay for MS's fuckup unless they are able to put MS on blast. 

44 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Dunno. But it isn't intent, it's delivery. People make mistakes all the time by accident. They still have to deal with the fallout.

Gun's looking to lose some money on this, I'd think. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Yup. I know some people who picked up the skin. If they still have it after a reasonable time has passed, I'll either need something to make up for the bullshit or I'll be seeking a refund. 

Same. At any rate Gun is going to have to pay for MS's fuckup unless they are able to put MS on blast. 

Dunno. But it isn't intent, it's delivery. People make mistakes all the time by accident. They still have to deal with the fallout.

How are they going to lose money exactly? I would bet because of the patch yesterday and Jason leaking today that will people who got refunds are probably back in the game 

Hey everyone, it's done. It's all done. If you look now, it goes to "part of a bundle". Tried to help a friend get it and she said she couldn't. I looked it up myself, can't do it unless you did previously. Only as part of a bundle. So if they didn't get it, it's over.

I do think they did it as a quick way of saying "sorry, not all of the bugs are fixed, please keep playing and asking for refunds." Either way, I am fine with it. Though I can understand other gamers frustrations.

Just now, TheHansonGoons said:

So if they didn't get it, it's over.

The sale is.

But this isn't over. Someone needs to put out a statement.

43 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

This is definitely on Gun. So tired of their inability to do just about anything...

I find it amusing all of the "Stop whining Xbox users. Do they owe you something?" People are on here crying to the gods for retribution because their exclusive isnt so exclusive anymore...

5 hours ago, Ethan said:

Then why are they being deleted? There should be at least ONE dedicated thread to this. People are going to want to talk about this. If only they had a forum of some sort to voice their opinion about this game. Oh wait, we do. We just can't speak about anything negative?? The new people are already blocked. Seriously guys, Most people on this forum are original backers. Why are you silencing us now??

Because he wants to "maximize damage control".

5 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I deleted the threads because they are duplicates. This is the thread for discussing Savini Jason. Also, I want to keep the amount of "get it now whilst it's free" related posts to a minimum. People will be disheartened if the character gets revoked by MS, and players aren't meant to have him anyway unless they were backers.

Thought we already agreed your job is to deal with issues releated to the forum and not issues related to the game?

It's not your job to tell people what they can or can't download or silence the people that do tell others.

That's a major misuse and abuse of your mod powers.

Stop silencing and abusing your powers.

You're getting blinded by loyalty.

Stupid Gun Media fucking up again. Why the fuck did I even back the game or pay extra if people can just get it for free? It happened on PS4 too, at least they had to pay for it. Just release it for free for everyone you snakes.

@GunMedia_Ben @Randygbk you guys can't even keep simple promises. This is all on you. No blame shifting anymore. Get your shit together. Fulfill backer promises or find a way to compensate us for this. Exclusive my ass. You cant even fulfill physical copies or exclusive Skype interviews.

What a joke this company is. Give this IP to someone else that cares.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Because he wants to "maximize damage control".

Thought we already agreed your job is to deal with issues releated to the forum and not issues related to the game?

It's not your job to tell people what they can or can't download or silence the people that do tell others.

That's a major misuse and abuse of your mod powers.

Stop silencing and abusing your powers.

You're getting blinded by loyalty.

Careful about how you speak dude arguing with mods. if you look through the stuff he deletes and acts on it's within guidelines. He deleted them because there's multiple threads and doesn't want it to be more broadcasted when it's in the topic.

As far as I'm aware it's a good call and he's only acting on gun medias rules so don't shoot the messenger...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

Careful about how you speak dude arguing with mods. if you look through the stuff he deletes and acts on it's within guidelines. He deleted them because there's multiple threads and doesn't want it to be more broadcasted when it's in the topic.

As far as I'm aware it's a good call and he's only acting on gun medias rules so don't shoot the messenger...

He is a forum mod, not a game mod.

His job is to deal with forum related matters and not game related matters.

Fair enough if it's for duplicates but to oppress us and limit out posts because he doesn't want people downloading it? Pretty sure nothing in guidelines give him permission to do that.

Besides nobody is telling anyone to download anything, people are voicing genuine concerns and the mods are still trying to censor that.

If silencing and oppression is something that @GunMedia_Ben @wes or @Randygbk is going to condone then I'm leaving this forum.

People have a right to voice their frustration, its sad when they aren't getting to do so.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Just release it for free for everyone you snakes.

Wait what? Gun and Illfonic are my long lost brethren? Holy crap... mind blown.

They should start calling Savini a timed exclusive now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePainkiller said:

How are they going to lose money exactly? I would bet because of the patch yesterday and Jason leaking today that will people who got refunds are probably back in the game 

Well if people want to litigate, that is going to be a decent chunk of money. If Gun decides to make another exclusive simply for backers that is time and effort (and thus money) If people simply want refunds ( for the game as well as the DLC) that still isn't to be scoffed at. Lastly Gun's name is being dragged through the mud over all the bullshit. I really wonder if Gun is going to be around if they alienate their playerbase. Next game lets see how many will back them. 

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

This is definitely on Gun. So tired of their inability to do just about anything...

Same. Even if it is MS's fault, It's gonna be Gun holding the bag. They need to fix it. I'd say patch out old Savini code and make/distribute new code. It would be a pain but it would ensure people who shouldn't have the skin, don't. 

13 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Wait what? Gun and Illfonic are my long lost brethren? Holy crap... mind blown.

They should start calling Savini a timed exclusive now.

Didn't you hear? We thought you knew 

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

*Raises hand* Hey I don't have Savini yet.

We'll see them respond to this in about 4,720 years. 

Would like but I ran out. Who thought that only giving ten likes for each of us was a good idea?

Yeah 

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah. That's pretty irritating.

It is 

Lots of strong opinions here....

INB4 most of them melt away after someone from the Dev team finally pops in with a big pitcher of Friday The 13th:The Game kool-aid.

Drink up!

;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Lots of strong opinions here....

INB4 most of them melt away after someone from the Dev team finally pops in with a big pitcher of Friday The 13th:The Game kool-aid.

Drink up!

;)

Sorry I can't do the kool-aid anymore. It goes right through me 

tenor.gif

• Like 2