GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

@Space_Pharaoh I have merged two of your double posts, please avoid double posting.

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

@Space_Pharaoh I have merged two of your double posts, please avoid double posting.

I did? Sorry, didn't notice. My phone sort of sucks.

4 hours ago, Woody28 said:

As people have stated, exclusive content isn't new... It has happened in other games. And will continue to do so. It's a business incentive. "Hey support us and get this exclusive one of a kind reward..." 
He shouldn't be made available again. Period. That's what makes it an exclusive inclusion.
It doesn't matter why you missed out, EVERYONE has their own personal reason why they missed it -  but it's irrelevant.
The point is, you missed out. 
And he's just another Jason. He's no better or worse than the rest. No exclusive perks no matter what you try to tell yourself otherwise...
People seem to think that his combination of 3 strengths somehow makes him unstoppable.
Savini is only as good as the person playing as him. Just like every other Jason.
I'm sorry you guys missed out, but it is what it is. Just move on and enjoy the game.

Chastising GUN or accusing them of being shady is silly - they're just keeping their promise made to those who helped get the game funded.
Without them, you'd have no game to whine about in the first place.

Who accused them of being shady? Who is still under the impression that backers shouldn't get a reward which they were promised? You're coming off as really hostile and I'm not sure why.

11 minutes ago, Space_Pharaoh said:

Yep, and you just did again. Merged that one too. Double posting is where you post two or more posts consecutively without someone else posting anything in-between :) You can edit previous posts to include new quotes or new information.

16 minutes ago, Space_Pharaoh said:

Who accused them of being shady? Who is still under the impression that backers shouldn't get a reward which they were promised? You're coming off as really hostile and I'm not sure why.

I can't quote you directly, but if you wanna read through the 19 page thread there is posts of that nature in there.
I'm not talking about anyone specific, just a general observation.

2 hours ago, Space_Pharaoh said:

2 hours ago, Woody28 said:

I can't quote you directly, but if you wanna read through the 19 page thread there is posts of that nature in there.
I'm not talking about anyone specific, just a general observation.

You can read through this whole thread if you'd like, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's the same one or two things being said for 19 pages.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:44 AM, Woody28 said:

As people have stated, exclusive content isn't new... It has happened in other games. And will continue to do so. It's a business incentive. "Hey support us and get this exclusive one of a kind reward..." 
He shouldn't be made available again. Period. That's what makes it an exclusive inclusion.
It doesn't matter why you missed out, EVERYONE has their own personal reason why they missed it -  but it's irrelevant.
The point is, you missed out. 
And he's just another Jason. He's no better or worse than the rest. No exclusive perks no matter what you try to tell yourself otherwise...
People seem to think that his combination of 3 strengths somehow makes him unstoppable.
Savini is only as good as the person playing as him. Just like every other Jason.
I'm sorry you guys missed out, but it is what it is. Just move on and enjoy the game.

Chastising GUN or accusing them of being shady is silly - they're just keeping their promise made to those who helped get the game funded.
Without them, you'd have no game to whine about in the first place.

Exactly. I've seen some people use Savini Jason & be horrible at it while others managed to be just as good as any other Jason. At the end of the day, buying him was more so for his cool look than having advantages over the other incarnations. People keep whining about it but there's really no reason to. If you want to use the best Jason, everybody has him, and that's part 6 (imo, anyway).

19 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

Exactly. I've seen some people use Savini Jason & be horrible at it while others managed to be just as good as any other Jason. At the end of the day, buying him was more so for his cool look than having advantages over the other incarnations. People keep whining about it but there's really no reason to. If you want to use the best Jason, everybody has him, and that's part 6 (imo, anyway).

When some of us bought the Savini skin, we didn't even know what he looked like or what stats he would have :) I bought mine and the counsellor clothing pack in October along with a pre-order for the game so I got the beta codes. You might have seen people saying "pay to win", but I always wonder how can he be pay to win if we didn't know anything about him except the fact that Tom Savini was designing him? 

And it's true, I've seen a few people who played Savini Jason quite shitty. I play a terrifying one as I like to spot people with sense, morph to a cabin they're heading towards, then hide inside with stalk so when they open a door, boom; there he is in all his flaming glory waiting to grab you.

• Like 1

Why not do a reskin of Savini Jason similar to Retro Jason for those that missed out and that way backers wouldnt feel cheated be similar yet diff

13 minutes ago, The_Zen said:

Why not do a reskin of Savini Jason similar to Retro Jason for those that missed out and that way backers wouldnt feel cheated be similar yet diff

Unlikely and not necessary.

There are DLC Jasons coming eventually and you'll get your chance to own something not everyone else has.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Unlikely and not necessary.

There are DLC Jasons coming eventually and you'll get your chance to own something not everyone else has.

This is why you think people who don't have Savini Jason want him?

14 hours ago, Kodiak said:

When some of us bought the Savini skin, we didn't even know what he looked like or what stats he would have :) I bought mine and the counsellor clothing pack in October along with a pre-order for the game so I got the beta codes. You might have seen people saying "pay to win", but I always wonder how can he be pay to win if we didn't know anything about him except the fact that Tom Savini was designing him? 

And it's true, I've seen a few people who played Savini Jason quite shitty. I play a terrifying one as I like to spot people with sense, morph to a cabin they're heading towards, then hide inside with stalk so when they open a door, boom; there he is in all his flaming glory waiting to grab you.

True. Even though we had no idea what we'd be getting, we trusted Savini enough to make that purchase and I'd say he definitely didn't disappoint. And now, some people who didn't have that same trust are sore they didn't purchase when the opportunity was given while others were just all around late to the party. Either way, the opportunity was there and it's gone now.

And same here. I was a pretty shitty Jason starting off but now I've learned to master using Savini Jason. The best thing about him is that all of the cool downs take less time, so nine times out of ten, once I start chasing ya, unless you have help nearby, it's game over. I just wish that we could get to hear the music when playing as him, which I thought would be the case. It's awesome hearing it as a counselor, but it'd be even cooler getting to hear it as Jason too. Hands down it's my favorite musical piece in the game.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Scabhead said:

This is why you think people who don't have Savini Jason want him?

I'm confident it's one of a variety of reasons, :)

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm confident it's one of a variety of reasons, :)

Funny, I feel fairly confident that only those who obtained it through backing have an interest in it being "something not everyone else has."

1 hour ago, Scabhead said:

Funny, I feel fairly confident that only those who obtained it through backing have an interest in it being "something not everyone else has."

Yea... that's kind of implied with an "exclusive" pre-order... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Yea... that's kind of implied with an "exclusive" pre-order... :rolleyes:

Yeah, no shit?

The people that don't have Savini Jason don't want it because of it's exclusivity or so they can have something that not everyone else has. If they could have it, like the future dlc Jasons that you mentioned, it would be inherently less exclusive. And it already is. First offered as exclusive through Kickstarter, then offered as an exclusive through Backerkit and finally to be sold as a SNAFU in the PlayStation Store.

No, they want it because it's part of the game they're playing and because this game, as most games do, marks progression by unlocking additional items or content. Except this is a piece of content that, no matter how much they love the game or how much they play it, they will never have access to.

I've said it before, there was no way this wouldn't create a rift. Anyone that understands gamers should have seen this coming. Poor planning and judgement aside, the reality is that there is no way to obtain the Savini Jason if you haven't already. But those that do have it need to stop alternating between trying to placate those that do not with, "there's other stuff coming that you can get" and condescending to them about the many opportunities to get it that they missed.

People want it because they want it. Just like you wanted it... unless you just wanted it to feel "exclusive".

1 hour ago, Scabhead said:

Yeah, no shit?

The people that don't have Savini Jason don't want it because of it's exclusivity or so they can have something that not everyone else has. If they could have it, like the future dlc Jasons that you mentioned, it would be inherently less exclusive. And it already is. First offered as exclusive through Kickstarter, then offered as an exclusive through Backerkit and finally to be sold as a SNAFU in the PlayStation Store.

No, they want it because it's part of the game they're playing and because this game, as most games do, marks progression by unlocking additional items or content. Except this is a piece of content that, no matter how much they love the game or how much they play it, they will never have access to.

I've said it before, there was no way this wouldn't create a rift. Anyone that understands gamers should have seen this coming. Poor planning and judgement aside, the reality is that there is no way to obtain the Savini Jason if you haven't already. But those that do have it need to stop alternating between trying to placate those that do not with, "there's other stuff coming that you can get" and condescending to them about the many opportunities to get it that they missed.

People want it because they want it. Just like you wanted it... unless you just wanted it to feel "exclusive".

Feeling exclusive is pretty nice. ;)

I only bought it to support the development of the game. I bought it sight-unseen. It being an exclusive was a perk to supporting the game. I'm not bothered there are people that can't have it. We don't get everything we want in life, in general. It's a reality that doesn't require anyone's acceptance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Feeling exclusive is pretty nice. ;)

I only bought it to support the development of the game. I bought it sight-unseen. It being an exclusive was a perk to supporting the game. I'm not bothered there are people that can't have it. We don't get everything we want in life, in general. It's a reality that doesn't require anyone's acceptance.

Well, I'm glad that you are so comfortable disregarding the feelings of those whom you share this experience with so long as you can feel like the experience belongs more to you than them. I hope your sentiment truly is "exclusive".

26 minutes ago, Scabhead said:

Well, I'm glad that you are so comfortable disregarding the feelings of those whom you share this experience with so long as you can feel like the experience belongs more to you than them. I hope your sentiment truly is "exclusive".

Sure?

Lol with the database bullcrap returning for a round 4 we should get Savini and all the backer items for free.

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Lol with the database bullcrap returning for a round 4 we should get Savini and all the backer items for free.

That wouldn't be the right thing to do. However I wouldn't mind having the DLC clothes but the backers should be able to keep the item for themselves. 

On 5/31/2017 at 3:34 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Our team offered a digital skin of Jason Voorhees as a Kickstarter reward for those that wanted it at specific tiers as listed. 

• $65 Jason Voorhees Digital Pro Pack
  • $99 Physical Game Edition + Digital Content
  • $129 Physical Game + Digital + Extra Download Key Pack
  • $140 Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector Pack
  • $140 Rev. 2 Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector Pack 
  • $230 Signed Physical Game + Digital Content
  • $275 Signed Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector pack
  • $275 Rev. 2 Signed Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector Pack
  • $400 Camp Crystal Lake Counselor Database
  • $500 Virtual Team Member
  • $750 Youtube Star
  • $1,000 Jason's Victims
  • $1,199 Name a Cabin!
  • $1,250 Design & Name an Achievement/Trophy
  • $2,000 Jason's Victims + Design an Achievement/Trophy Combo Pack
  • $2,500 Dev Team Hangout
  • $5,000 Design-a-Kill!
  • $6,000 Horror Icon Dinner
  • $7,500 Launch Party
  • $10,000 Be in the Game!

We initially stated that our team would only offer the Tom Savini designed skin as a Kickstarter-only item to thank our earliest supporters. They would be the only ones to get the skin, and would get to have something exclusive for gameplay. Our thanks to them, and their way to show off a bit to others that they were there at the start. 

Of course; we hit 12,000+ backers. Not all of them got that skin. Many opted for the cheaper options that got them the base-game, and many are now realizing that each tier lists rewards. Simply backing the game did not get you the skin. So we decided to take another route when Backerkit opened soon after the end of Kickstarter. 

We offered the skin as a standalone product for backers at the pricepoint of $6USD. The same can also be said in all regards for the counselor clothing pack; they were a la carte items. You were given a menu in which to choose what you wanted, what they were to get for your level of backing, and when all was said and done we would deliver on those items. 

We made that clear on Day 1 of the Backerkit that these two DLC were for backers; both Kickstarter and Backerkit. Kickstarter was a month of funding, while Backerkit lasted until the end of March 2017. We made multiple forum posts. We made multiple Facebook posts. We made multiple Twitter posts. We made multiple statements to our Backers, we posted to all current Backers on Kickstarter/Backerkit via updates and emails to ensure they had the right items they wanted and to ensure they bought for the correct platform. We showcased the skin as a teaser, we posted a video, we had Tom Savini reveal his creation on our social channels with final warnings that this skin was not going to be sold after the conclusion of our backer campaign. 

So here we are and here is where we are always going to stand; that skin and those clothing items are not for sale. They are not for secondary sale. They are for those that backed us and have been with us from the beginning. They are the people that took a chance on a campaign that has produced a game that is overall fun. Sure, we have issues that are being addressed at this time, but no amount of comments, complaints or insults or suggestions are going to bring that skin back. There was over a year and a half time for someone to feasibly learn about that content and purchase it for $6 or $9; you did not even need to buy the game is you did not wish too at the time. 

This team stands firm that for those of you who missed out; sorry. You missed out. Our backers believed. They funded. They supported. This is our thanks to them with a skin that is in no way superior to the other versions of Jason present within the game. I am sorry for those that want it now, but you missed out. We did everything we could to ensure that the word got out through our channels, press and otherwise, but the answer remains the same; we will not sell them. 

Gun Media, we may disagree on some things, but I 100% respect you standing your ground and being faithful to your backers in keeping the skin exclusive. It's not a requirement to have Savini to be good at the game. Thank you for making the backers feel special and keeping it rare.

10 hours ago, Nubcakes said:

Gun Media, we may disagree on some things, but I 100% respect you standing your ground and being faithful to your backers in keeping the skin exclusive. It's not a requirement to have Savini to be good at the game. Thank you for making the backers feel special and keeping it rare.

I’m happy that they won’t resell it since I haven’t really seen many people on Xbox have or just don’t use it

I had people put me as Jason since I have it and what a mistake that is I kill everybody all the time at least about 95%

But Sony screwed up and sold Savini for 3 hours I wonder if Sony had to take back Savini from the people who bought it

3 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I’m happy that they won’t resell it since I haven’t really seen many people on Xbox have or just don’t use it

I had people put me as Jason since I have it and what a mistake that is I kill everybody all the time at least about 95%

But Sony screwed up and sold Savini for 3 hours I wonder if Sony had to take back Savini from the people who bought it

No they got to keep it, Friday the 13th Twitter said as much and I still have mine. 

10 hours ago, somakurusu said:

No they got to keep it, Friday the 13th Twitter said as much and I still have mine. 

eh, it's alright, i play pc