GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

Just now, Jason Lives said:

I believe held up copyrights kept this film and the remake from being in their license. Aside from the fact I personally don't like the looks in those two films, I'll say you usually get that appearance in other video games such as Mortal Kombat XL and most comics use that likeness. I suppose they could make an original Jason with a jacket... (shudders).

I would love more originals. Savini is hands down my favourite Jason design in the game... For now :)

4 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

If you count Roy from V, you have 4, 5, X, and Uber to give us at least 4 more skins. That's pretty good actually. Most games don't give you 10 killers.

Yep exactly. I wouldn't count on Pamela. That requires a whole top to bottom scrub down of game mechanics. But parts 4,5,X and Uber definitely have a shot.

So we have two possible new running Jasons, another Jason with chains, and a mech.

Edit: we also might be seeing Uber sooner than expected. He was fourth in the fan poll of Jasons to be in the game.

5 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

If you count Roy from V, you have 4, 5, X, and Uber to give us at least 4 more skins. That's pretty good actually. Most games don't give you 10 killers.

Don't forget the NES one. Blue Jason rules XD

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Uber Jason X said:

Don't forget the NES one. Blue Jason rules XD

omg what if they gave us a floating head Mrs Vorhees as a playable Jason alternative or making it a Jason perk like in the NES game lol

6 minutes ago, psychose7en said:

omg what if they gave us a floating head Mrs Vorhees as a playable Jason alternative or making it a Jason perk like in the NES game lol

Nah man. They'll just have a hell of a surprise when they go to get the sweater.

• Like 4

Most big entities, even if they can't do anything about it, can invent a loophole so they can. Fighting legalities like this isn't free, 

There is so much a platform holder CAN do, but you can virtually guarantee they WON'T do, because the size of the problem isn't worth the potential of falling flat on their face. In the original thread about this now locked, one of the dev team said they are just now waiting for confirmation that Sony will be revoking the purchases and giving refunds. But it's been a couple of days since that was said with no change. Take that for what you will. 

Let's keep talking about NES Jason.

So blue skin and purple coveralls?

• Like 1

To the backers who received Savini Jason: Is it really that big of a deal that non-backers got it and the ones who didn't are asking for it to be sold? I would be fine with simply knowing that I supported a game that I like and helped to get it released. I wouldn't expect to receive something special like an exclusive skin. I'd probably expect something like early access to new content or extra currency. Something that everyone will eventually receive.

• Like 1

I backed it, and I'm completely fine either way, I honestly think being a backer and getting the game made in the first place is a big enough pat on the back to myself. 

• Like 5

Hello, 

I had been waiting for a response email but I now do not know if I am to receive one. I was one of the early backers. However, I had made multiple separate donations under the same account to acquire the pc steam version of the game as well as a digital version for PS4 and a physical copy. Do I not qualify for the skin, considering that my total amount donated exceeds $65? 

MerronMist

Mr.Camerron.S.Niewoehner@gmail.com

4 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

To the backers who received Savini Jason: Is it really that big of a deal that non-backers got it and the ones who didn't are asking for it to be sold? I would be fine with simply knowing that I supported a game that I like and helped to get it released. I wouldn't expect to receive something special like an exclusive skin.

You wouldn't expect an exclusive skin even if you were explicitly told that you would be getting an exclusive skin?

That's odd.

1 hour ago, RKSDooM said:

You wouldn't expect an exclusive skin even if you were explicitly told that you would be getting an exclusive skin?

That's odd.

I would, but if Gun hadn't said anything and announced it later, after the Kickstarter or Backerkit begun, I wouldn't have expected it.

I apologize that my comment devolved into an argument about this issue. That was not my intention. The reason I posted on this sticky was to offer a suggestion if Sony won't correct the issue. 

Change of subject... it would be awesome if they add Jason's mom. She could have a power where instead of stalking, she doesn't cause any fear so the counselors cannot tell she's coming. Or something along those lines coz in the first movie, she was a kind old lady up until a nice stabbing.

3 hours ago, Fridaythe14th said:

Screenshot_20170609-093809.png

Sorry, but that's not how it works.

Crowd funding a promise and throwing money at them for more dlc is completely different. Savini is staying backer exclusive, Sony fucked up, lets get over it, blah blah blah.

14 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Sorry, but that's not how it works.

Crowd funding a promise and throwing money at them for more dlc is completely different. Savini is staying backer exclusive, Sony fucked up, lets get over it, blah blah blah.

In all honesty the "backerkit" lasted until March so I don't think Gun would care if they could get away relaunching backerkit again and call it backing the game. Not that I think they should. I just think we need to get over it as well.

How about that NES Jason?

• Like 1

So you would rather have random ebay sellers make up to a grand for themselves instead of it being sold to the company for more dlc? Doesn't seem right to me.  I'd rather reward any one who supports the game in any way. Could just be me.

5 minutes ago, Fridaythe14th said:

So you would rather have random ebay sellers make up to a grand for themselves instead of it being sold to the company for more dlc? Doesn't seem right to me.  I'd rather reward any one who supports the game in any way. Could just be me.

Even if people sold their codes on eBay, it is still rare because there are still limited codes and eventually would run out. Once the codes are used, that's it, one less code on the market.

2 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

In all honesty the "backerkit" lasted until March so I don't think Gun would care if they could get away relaunching backerkit again and call it backing the game. Not that I think they should. I just think we need to get over it as well.

How about that NES Jason?

Yeah good point. I've been following the game since around August of last year but didn't back it until the last few days backerkit was open. So technically i'm a backer, but it feels more like a small, minor contributor who squeezed in last minute.

Only bought Savini and the clothing pack, i didn't have the funds for the game yet so I waited until launch day to buy it. But if they launch a "go fund me" or something for the game again, many people would be livid. Especially right after release. 

The only way I can see this happening is if its sometime down the road and the backing is going towards keeping the servers alive for X amount of time.

I swear this game won't feel complete unless NES Jason is in it.

4 minutes ago, Fridaythe14th said:

So you would rather have random ebay sellers make up to a grand for themselves instead of it being sold to the company for more dlc? Doesn't seem right to me.  

No I wouldn't actually. That's why i'm not stupid enough to buy that shit. Now, some people are. But I've heard that Gun is revoking codes bought illegally through third party markets. So anyone who buys one through that route will have wasted money. 

It's a pretty big deterrent from buying them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fridaythe14th said:

Screenshot_20170609-093809.png

That's like having two poison testers for your food. The first one takes all the risk with the possibility of great loss the second just gets to eat the food if the first survives , no risk all reward and say they did something. So it's not really the same. Backing an already completed project for new content is not the same as backing a project that could fail at any moment before its completion. 

1 hour ago, Blackfyre1983 said:

Well what about this from Twitter 

Screenshot_20170609-123808.png

wow lol.

So much for Sony handing out refunds.

Hate to say it, but i told you guys it ain't happening