GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

"This team stands firm that for those of you who missed out; sorry. You missed out. Our backers believed. They funded. They supported. This is our thanks to them with a skin that is in no way superior to the other versions of Jason present within the game. I am sorry for those that want it now, but you missed out. We did everything we could to ensure that the word got out through our channels, press and otherwise, but the answer remains the same; we will not sell them."

:)

Duly noted, and again, there is still the option of changing your mind, releasing him to the public after an exclusivity period (make it a year or two for all I care) and charging for him. We have seen other Kickstarter games do this. There is officially no sound argument left for not doing so.

And let's approach it from this angle - do you want this game to receive more funding and support? How would releasing Savini Jason to the public not aid in that? What keeps drawing in more players to this game? Releasing new Jasons and maps. Savini Jason would only help in that. Not hinder.

Of course you're you, and you'll continue feigning ignorance every step of the way with a boringly smug attitude about it so mindless shilling is to be expected.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

And let's approach it from this angle - do you want this game to receive more funding and support? How would releasing Savini Jason to the public not aid in that? What keeps drawing in more players to this game? Releasing new Jasons and maps. Savini Jason would only help in that. Not hinder.

Would Savini bring the money and more players? Yes he would, but then you loose your word when you tell people who funded you that he will never go on sale, that isn't good, yes will other's still be happy with Gun if they did this? Yes because they get Savini but then you have those who paid money, those who put a lot of money into this game. You lost a good batch of people who trusted you, what you do now is tainted, your words don't mean anything anymore. You need help funding a freddy game, we have a freddy skin only for backers! Those who use to trust them won't and they will spread word of this and it will slowly hurt them till they lie more. Being trustful is what brings you more players, lying only hurts them. The backers were promised their items because they believed, you didn't believe or didn't hear till it was too late. I guess I'm old fashion, if someone gives you their word you honor it. 

12 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

Duly noted, and again, there is still the option of changing your mind, releasing him to the public after an exclusivity period (make it a year or two for all I care) and charging for him. We have seen other Kickstarter games do this. There is officially no sound argument left for not doing so.

Of course you're you, and you'll continue feigning ignorance every step of the way with a boringly smug attitude about it so mindless shilling is to be expected.

Say "shilling" again. I'm almost there...

Just now, AldermachXI said:

Say "shilling" again. I'm almost there...

I have a feeling if Savini Jason was released you wouldn't really be having a hissy fit about it.

Aww! Do we have another crybaby asking for Savini Jason? Look @Zentorno the devs have said they are not releasing him again. End of story. I don't have him either, but I am not whining about it. You missed the boat on this one, get over it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zentorno said:

I have a feeling if Savini Jason was released you wouldn't really be having a hissy fit about it.

Not at all. Did I ever say I would?

I'm informing you of what the devs have said, and backing them up in why they're correct in doing so.

Money can and has been made via other DLC items. Your argument is weak and also not new. That's about all there is to it.

Good luck with it though.

They aren't going to release it because they have integrity.

Generation Snowflake may find this idea alien but it is the answer and all the justification they need.

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

They aren't going to release it because they have integrity.

Generation Snowflake may find this idea alien but it is the answer and all the justification they need.

Oh, so that means the other Kickstarter games that made backer exclusive content available to the public don't have integrity? Bollocks.

2 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

Oh, so that means the other Kickstarter games that made backer exclusive content available to the public don't have integrity? Bollocks.

Which games did that?

But to specifically answer your question, yes, those that go back on their word have no integrity.

in·teg·ri·ty
[inˈteɡrədē]
NOUN
  1. the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness:
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"

Just now, Caliph said:

Which games did that?

But to specifically answer your question, yes, those that go back on their word have no integrity.

So I guess that means Gun Media already have no integrity since we have already seen promised features and content either delivered later than initially stated or not released at all yet such as single player challenges.

And I already stated which games in an earlier post.

4 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

So I guess that means Gun Media already have no integrity since we have already seen promised features and content either delivered later than initially stated or not released at all yet such as single player challenges.

I'm not looking through 75 pages of a redundant thread but just give me a few.

The rest of your cringey rhetoric is pointless, dishonest and completely desperate.

Whether you think they have integrity or not doesn't matter.

The people who backed for Savini do matter as they are the ones who were given a commitment and would be affected.

Dude, they made their statement, yes there are still stuff they wanted to do and they still have time to do it. Just get over it and move on.

Just let it go. There are 76 pages in this thread explaining why this is not going to happen. You are not only beating a dead horse, you dug up the horse's rotting corpse and your smacking it with a broken hammer. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Deal with it.

• Like 1

So basically nobody has an argument beyond 'muh integrutee' and calling people variations of whiner/entitled/spoiled/crybaby, etc. Defense mechanisms that have been debunked with better arguments countless times over.

Yeah, that's about what I figured.

So basically nobody has an argument beyond 'muh integrutee' and calling people variations of whiner/entitled/spoiled/crybaby, etc. Defense mechanisms that have been debunked with better arguments countless times over.

I feel sorry for you. 

No, we have an argument.

It's the undefeatable one where the backers, in exchange for their cash, were promised an exclusive character which by definition excludes people.

You are the excluded without argument.

Your desire to own it is not an argument.

Your willingness to pay for it after the game released and was no longer a gamble doesn't cut it.

It isn't about cash it's about the principle.

The character wasn't made for you and as such you will not receive it.

1 minute ago, Caliph said:

No, we have an argument.

It's the undefeatable one where the backers in exchange for their cash were promised an exclusive character which by definition excludes people.

You are the excluded without arguments.

Your desire to own it is not an argument.

Your willingness to pay for it after the game released and was no longer a gamble doesn't cut it.

And, again, as already stated earlier, we have already seen Kickstarter funded games like Shadowrun and Shantae that made backer exclusive content available after a period of time and for a fee. With no negativity resulting from it. No backlash. No dip in the sales of those games as a result.

So yeah, not an argument. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

What argument do you have? That you want it? That you think it should be available for purchase? Those are not arguments, they are whiny, entitled, spoiled, crybaby ramblings of a child that can't get what he thinks he deserves.

The developers have said he will not be re-released. I don't know why you are still on this. Give it up already.

And, again, as already stated earlier, we have already seen Kickstarter funded games like Shadowrun and Shantae that made backer exclusive content available after a period of time and for a fee. With no negativity resulting from it. No backlash. No dip in the sales of those games as a result.

Ok, go play those games and buy the supposed "backer exclusive" content. Easy fix.

What those games did has no relevance to this situation.

But if what you say is true I'm glad I never purchased a Shadowrun game.

So yeah, our argument stands and you will remain excluded.

Again, sound arguments in favor of making Savini Jason available for purchase have been made numerous times in this thread. Even in the past day. Your repeated denial and refusal to accept them does not change the fact that they exist. Neither does employing mental gymnastics.

By virtue of sound arguments existing does not change the reality.

But you don't have sound arguments you have a very sketchy precedence set by a developer without integrity.

You will not be given an opportunity to purchase the exclusive content.

Just now, Zentorno said:

Again, sound arguments in favor of making Savini Jason available for purchase have been made numerous times in this thread. Even in the past day. Your repeated denial and refusal to accept them does not change the fact that they exist. Neither does employing mental gymnastics.

To say that because you and other's want doesn't make it right. You are sadly wrong in this matter. You can't say "Because it's in high demand and other's are doing it, just give me the code now!" Doesn't help. You are making people break a promise, these are things I guess that are lost on you, guess if you have a wife/husband and they cheat on you it's alright! A promise means nothing to you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caliph said:

What those games did has no relevance to this situation.

But if what you say is true I'm glad I never purchased a Shadowrun game.

So yeah, our argument stands and you will remain excluded.

Well, that's pretty damn stupid you would refuse to buy a Shadowrun game for that reason. They're actually quite good if you're into that sort of genre. Then again, the community probably wouldn't want to put up with people like you anyway given your attitude.

You, and every other snowflake that wants Savini Jason can make all of the arguments in the world. The fact is that this thread was started by a developer of the game to let everyone know that Savini Jason will not be re-released. It has nothing to do with "mental gymnastics", it is just a cold, hard fact. I don't see why this is so hard for you to comprehend.