GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

32 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I can assure you that most people leaving against Savini players are not protesting him, they're doing it because they're genuinely afraid of him. It's the same reason almost every host picks Packanack Small and nobody picks Jarvis house. They want an easy time and Savini doesn't give them an easy time. Me, I'm thrilled at the challenge and always play as a strength character when Savini is in the lobby so I can maybe one day finally kill a Savini Jason.

He's just like every other Jason. I don't think he's overpowered just awesome looking.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies @Caulus & @MichaelMemers.

Whilst i'm new to the game and am late to the party. In my opinion I don't think it's OP, i think all Jason's should be tough as nails and being a counselor should be a challenge. I'm talking challenging as in near impossible, as that's the point of the movies and the whole Jason lore. Surviving should be about sheer cunning or luck of counselor. Every Jason , Savini or otherwise should be powerhouses! 

Again i've never played against a Savini but i can't see why folk leave just cause you cant run circles around him with Vanessa!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tonesyd89 said:

Thanks for the replies @Caulus & @MichaelMemers.

Whilst i'm new to the game and am late to the party. In my opinion I don't think it's OP, i think all Jason's should be tough as nails and being a counselor should be a challenge. I'm talking challenging as in near impossible, as that's the point of the movies and the whole Jason lore. Surviving should be about sheer cunning or luck of counselor. Every Jason , Savini or otherwise should be powerhouses! 

Again i've never played against a Savini but i can't see why folk leave just cause you cant run circles around him with Vanessa!

This guy, he gets it.

It's just a shame that he didn't get a chance to play the game when it was perfect.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Caulus said:

This guy, he gets it.

It's just a shame that he didn't get a chance to play the game when it was perfect.

I am saddened by this, knowing that you guys got to play Jason as Jason should be!  I still like the game as it is (don't judge me i've never known any better) but i'd like Jason to be Jason :(

4 minutes ago, tonesyd89 said:

I am saddened by this, knowing that you guys got to play Jason as Jason should be!  I still like the game as it is (don't judge me i've never known any better) but i'd like Jason to be Jason :(

Fear not. The game has not run out its lifecycle, yet. There is plenty of time for balance adjustments.

Wish we could get Tom Savini to give us some details on his creation process. Would love to know how "Savini" Jason was created. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Wish we could get Tom Savini to give us some details on his creation process. Would love to know how "Savini" Jason was created. 

I agree. I think that would be fascinating.

10 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I'm kind of surprised that wasn't part of the whole backer deal...

• Like 1

Maybe it will be explained in the upcoming artbook.  For those who ordered it 

3 hours ago, Brigadius said:

I wonder what ideas he came up with. Like other possibilities and designs, weapons, etc. Probably had some crazy, outlandish ideas from such a creative mind.

What went into creating this version. You know? That would be awesome to hear Tom talk about the process of creating him.

"Savini" Jason is by far the best looking Jason. I'm curious about Tom's creative process behind it.

Anyways, "Savini" Jason is my favorite.

I'm also curious. It seems like a pretty heavy departure from anything Savini has ever created so it'd interesting to learn more.

I was genuinely surprised he chose to make something that was a derivative of Jason Goes to Hell as opposed to some of the films he actually worked on.

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm also curious. It seems like a pretty heavy departure from anything Savini has ever created so it'd interesting to learn more.

I was genuinely surprised he chose to make something that was a derivative of Jason Goes to Hell as opposed to some of the films he actually worked on.

I believe there was a "Savini workshop" stretch goal. Basically a behind the scenes documentary but it seems to have vanished like the mirror kill.

I'll tell you one thing, as much as I love the look of the Savini Jason in-game, if they opened it up for more people to purchase, it would lose some of it's uniqueness.  Seeing it in action is always a bit of a treat, and I'd hate to see lobbies full of them.

I'd much rather see a new one-off limited offering to celebrate the anniversary of the official launch.

37 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I believe there was a "Savini workshop" stretch goal. Basically a behind the scenes documentary but it seems to have vanished like the mirror kill.

Too bad. I wonder why it was scrapped? "Savini" Jason has been such a hot topic, you'd think they'd jump at filling people in on the creative side given his exclusive release.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Too bad. I wonder why it was scrapped? "Savini" Jason has been such a hot topic, you'd think they'd jump at filling people in on the creative side given his exclusive release.

While I understand what you're saying here and agree with the logic, fact is that by releasing the process in which the creator worked his magic it would end up fueling the fire for those who missed out and only give them a spectacle in which to feel ever more salty about missing out on a mostly exclusive part of the game, resulting in more crying and moaning.

I say this as someone who has Savini Jason, putting myself in the shoes of those I have heard bitching about how he should be made available for the entire fanbase while ultimately not caring, myself, if the dev's did due to the PS4 leak and expecting a possible new exclusive to those who actually backed the game from the beginning.

I would like to see it (a making of Savini Jason documentary) but I also envision having something like that available causing even more chaos, which I know the dev's are playing on fiddles and proverbial jukeboxes right now. 

But I'm not in that circus, so bring it. 

• Like 1

@Spinesplitter

A promise is a promise... People will forever be upset about Savini Ron Hobbs regardless.

8 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I'm generally disappointed with the amount of promised things that have been delayed or completely forgotten. I'd be more forgiving if it wasn't a Kickstarter game and those promises are what made some people donate.

• Like 1

Did backers ever get that chance to test and give feedback for the game they spent hundreds of dollars to do?  Or were they mugged off? 

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@Spinesplitter

A promise is a promise... People will forever be upset about Savini Ron Hobbs regardless.

I'm generally disappointed with the amount of promised things that have been delayed or completely forgotten. I'd be more forgiving if it wasn't a Kickstarter game and those promises are what made some people donate.

Looking at the official Kickstarter, not counting the slacker backer money, we only received two out of the six met goals(the game being made and the sleeping bag kill).

I'm scared of Savani because of the music. I know they probably are just like other Jasons strength-wise but he looks so cool that I loose my confident.

While "Savini" Jason is no doubt cool looking I wonder what Tom's process was in creating him because he's so much different than anything I've seen from him in the past. Would be cool to see some of his designs. So many questions. Did he have other designs before settling on the final "Savini" Jason? Did he make a real life version to see how it would look? He is a makeup/effects artist after all, he makes things with his hands. Do he choose the weapon? If so, why a trident?  Telling fans about things like this can really get them excited about a game.

From what I've read, it was supposed to be how Jason would look after he escaped Hell and took the Devil's pitch fork before he escaped. I can't recall a huge backstory, but just little tidbits of info about him.

Personally, I hope they stick to their guns and keep him as an exclusive with no rerelease. It gives him that authenticity for those who do have him (before the accidental release on Microsoft and Sony's end) and shows you preordered him when the game was still in the alpha stages and such.

Can someone explain how someone can sell so many PS4 Savini's on Ebay? if it's not (as stated in the ad) done by game/account sharing? Is this some sort of disgruntled ex worker on the game who can create codes or something?

when looking at the feedback it seems all legit. Is GUN/Illfonic gonna do something about this? When looking at all the money earned by this one person, that money could have been beter spend by the devs to create a lot more content for the game.

On 12/14/2017 at 6:10 PM, MichaelMemers said:

I can assure you that most people leaving against Savini players are not protesting him, they're doing it because they're genuinely afraid of him. It's the same reason almost every host picks Packanack Small and nobody picks Jarvis house. They want an easy time and Savini doesn't give them an easy time. Me, I'm thrilled at the challenge and always play as a strength character when Savini is in the lobby so I can maybe one day finally kill a Savini Jason.

While that may be true for some, I actually look forward to facing a Savini Jason. For the record, I do have to admit some annoyance at missing out on Savini Jason (both during the Kickstarter and when it was released on the PSN Store for a couple of hours)... I feel the same in other games which have limited release/exclusive content, as to not being able 'gotta catch em all'... sorry, couldn't resist that mate... IN ANY EVENT, what's done is done. No use crying over not being able to get it now or how many online petitions there are for it... It's not going to be released. Unless it's a timed exclusive deal kinda like how Rise of the Tomb Raider was a timed exclusive for Xbox One over PS4 etc.

Actually I'd love a 'Female Jason Voorhees' to be made available...

Kotobukiya Bishoujo Statue - Jason 0002.

Still.. at the end of the day, Savini Jason is there for those who backed the game and took a gamble. Yeah it sucks that those like myself who missed out won't get it, but life sucks. Take the bump and move on.

Apologies for 'bumping' this thread back to the main page, but was referred to a link that... well, have a look...

F13th: The Game: Make Tom Savini Jason DLC Available.

Honestly, some people think this would work? Hell, I have all the exclusive items for Mass Effect 2 and other games... while they are nice, they aren't essential. Would I like the Savini Jason? hell yeah, but I missed out and moved on... I seriously doubt this 'petition' will work at all. I'd rather petition for a 'Female Jason Voorhees' (see pic in my above post) to be put in the game heh heh...